What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why do we keep putting up with the South? (1 Viewer)

According to a paper titled "Unhappy Cities" published this week by the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research, the happiest and unhappiest cities in America are as follows:

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

5. Evansville-Henderson, IN

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

10. Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, PA

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/us-unhappiest-cities_n_5606503.html
9 out of 10 of the happiest cities in America are located in the South whereas 10 out of 10 of the unhappiest cities are located in the North.
Ignorance is bliss.
Not suprising. The northerners walk around with a stick up their butt looking like they just sucked on a lemon. Blouses.....

According to a paper titled "Unhappy Cities" published this week by the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research, the happiest and unhappiest cities in America are as follows:

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

9 out of 10 of the happiest cities in America are located in the South whereas 10 out of 10 of the unhappiest cities are located in the North.
And 6 of the top ten are in Louisiana. Suck it, New York.

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

Apparently they polled LSU students.

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

This could be the worst list I've ever seen.

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

YOUR FACE IS THE WORST LIST I'VE EVER SEEN.

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

How many of those cities have you been to?

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

See? Another unhappy New Yorker.

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

Actually visited has on O/U of 4

Passed through has an O/U of 6

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

On the Happiest list? I'm assuming the O/U is .5.

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

Hell, Nashville is the only place on the happy list I've been to. NYC is the only place on the happy list I've ever spent any time in too, and i've done a fair amount of travelin in my days.

Ive been to:

Nashville

New York

South Bend

Erie

Evansville

Toledo

Detroit

Drove through Jersey City going to NY

Drove through Gary going to Chicago

Gotta agree that Evansville sucks. It's in the middle of no where, and the only thing to do there is drink.

That being said, it's just barely a northern city. It's on the wrong side of the river.

NY and Nashville are the only cities on the list I'd go back to.

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

no....on both lists together.

I've spent a lot of time living in both the North (Chicago, Michigan, Ohio) and the South (Atlanta, North Carolina, Northwest Florida), and the answer to this debate is clear to me.

Without a doubt, the west side is the best side.

Buckfast 1 said:
I've spent a lot of time living in both the North (Chicago, Michigan, Ohio) and the South (Atlanta, North Carolina, Northwest Florida), and the answer to this debate is clear to me.

Without a doubt, the west side is the best side.
ssshh....I've been trying to keep you guys isolated. No need to be involved in this debacle.

FDAS said:
Otis said:
Buckfast 1 said:

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

YOUR FACE IS THE WORST LIST I'VE EVER SEEN.
:lmao: :lmao: #######it

Everyone in New York looks and acts miserable. People in the South may spend their time swimming in mud pools and attending TNA Wrestling events, but they sure appear happy doing it.

Everyone in New York looks and acts miserable. People in the South may spend their time swimming in mud pools and attending TNA Wrestling events, but they sure appear happy doing it.
You know we have more beaches than the North, right?
Careful, you don't want to confuse them. For reasons even they can't explain, they have themselves convinced the North is superior, even though no one was able to say why. Though Otis did think that the opportunity to work insane hours to afford the higher cost of living was some sort of plus. But anyways, apparently the South has bugs and the North doesn't, and AC doesn't exist. So that puts the South way behind the power curve.

Yeah, but the beach houses are owned by people from the north.
Who are to busy to use them. So Southerners on their third vacation of the year get them on Airbnb for pennies on the dollar and enjoy them in style.

Who are to busy to use them. So Southerners on their third vacation of the year get them on Airbnb for pennies on the dollar and enjoy them in style.
So... the ones that are owned by northerners are their vacation homes? They come here to be happy for a couple weeks before going home to a hellhole?

State ranking for how children are faring. My Link

1. Massachusetts

2. Vermont

3. Iowa

4. New Hampshire

5. Minnesota

6. North Dakota

7. Connecticut

8. New Jersey

9. Virginia

10. Nebraska

40. California

41. Arkansas

42. Georgia

43. Texas

44. Alabama

45. South Carolina

46. Arizona

47. Louisiana

48. Nevada

49. New Mexico

50. Mississippi

Oof

So... the ones that are owned by northerners are their vacation homes? They come here to be happy for a couple weeks before going home to a hellhole?
They're called snow birds. Live in the south in the winter, and the north the rest of the year.

They're called snow birds. Live in the south in the winter, and the north the rest of the year.
And you think that the majority of beach property is owned by snowbirds?

Well there's no other property down there that they'd want to own.

And people in the south couldn't afford to live a week in the north, let alone an entire season.

Well there's no other property down there that they'd want to own.

And people in the south couldn't afford to live a week in the north, let alone an entire season.
Del Boca Vista Phase II

Well there's no other property down there that they'd want to own. And people in the south couldn't afford to live a week in the north, let alone an entire season.
You do know that there are a lot of multi-millionaires in the South, right?

Well there's no other property down there that they'd want to own.And people in the south couldn't afford to live a week in the north, let alone an entire season.
Lies, all lies. Only people from the North are smart enough to be millionaires.

Well there's no other property down there that they'd want to own. And people in the south couldn't afford to live a week in the north, let alone an entire season.
Sure. Some northerners like to retire there.

Healthiest States

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/25-healthiest-states-2013/story?id=21169721

10. New Jersey

2012 Rank: 10

Change: None

Strengths: Low rate of drug deaths Low percentage of children in poverty Ready availability of primary care physicians and dentists

Challenges: High prevalence of physical inactivity High prevalence of low birthweight High rate of preventable hospitalizations

9. North Dakota

2012 Rank: 8

Change: -1

Strengths: Low rate of drug deaths High rate of high school graduation Few poor mental and physical health days per month

Challenges: High prevalence of binge drinking High prevalence of obesity High rate of occupational fatalities

8. Colorado

2012 Rank: 9

Change: +1

Strengths: Low prevalences of obesity, physical inactivity, and diabetes Low levels of air pollution Low rate of preventable hospitalizations

Challenges: High prevalence of binge drinking High rate of drug deaths Large disparity in health status by educational attainment

7. Connecticut

2012 Rank: 7

Strengths: Low prevalence of smoking Low incidence of infectious diseases High immunization coverage among children and adolescents

Challenges: Moderate prevalence of binge drinking Low high school graduation rate Large disparity in health status by educational attainment

6. Utah

2012 Rank: 6

Strengths: Low prevalence of smoking and binge drinking Low prevalences of physical inactivity, obesity, and diabetes Low rate of preventable hospitalizations

Challenges: High rate of drug deaths High incidence of pertussis infections Limited availability of primary care physicians

5. New Hampshire

2012 Rank: 5

Strengths: Low percentage of children in poverty High immunization coverage among children Low infant mortality rate

Challenges: High prevalence of binge drinking High incidence of pertussis infections Low per capita public health funding

4. Massachusetts

2012 Rank: 4

Strengths: Low prevalence of obesity Low percentage of uninsured population Ready availability of primary care physicians and dentists

Challenges: High prevalence of binge drinking High rate of preventable hospitalizations Large disparity in health status by educational attainment

3. Minnesota

2012 Rank: 3

Strengths: Low prevalences of physical inactivity and diabetes High rate of high school graduation Low rates of premature death and cardiovascular disease deaths

Challenges: High prevalence of binge drinking Low per capita health funding Low immunization coverage among children

2. Vermont

2012 Rank: 2

Strengths: High rate of high school graduation Low violent crime rate Low percentage of uninsured population

Challenges: High prevalence of binge drinking Low immunization coverage among children High incidence of pertussis infections

1. Hawaii

2012 Rank: 1

Strengths: Low prevalences of smoking and obesity High immunization coverage among children Low rate of preventable hospitalizations

Challenges: High prevalence of binge drinking Low high school graduation rate High incidence of salmonella infections

The unhealthiest states

You've heard about the healthiest states, but what about the unhealthy ones? The lowest-ranking states are Louisiana (#48), Arkansas (#49), and Mississippi (#50), mostly due to high rates of sedentary living, obesity, and diabetes.

Military bases (salaries for work performed), research labs (again, salaries), and Social Security (money contributed now being paid out) are now mooching?

That's one the most ####### ridiculous statements written here - quite the accomplishment.
You're the one who wants to get rid of fraud in SSDI right? Care to guess which states have the highest SSDI participation?

Military bases (salaries for work performed), research labs (again, salaries), and Social Security (money contributed now being paid out) are now mooching?

That's one the most ####### ridiculous statements written here - quite the accomplishment.
You're the one who wants to get rid of fraud in SSDI right? Care to guess which states have the highest SSDI participation?
It is almost like he doesnt understand the simple fact that the state budgets of red states/South are massively subsidized by blue state/North taxpayers and have higher percentages of people on various forms of federal subsidies, right?

According to Mitt Romney they are. I agree it was quite ridiculous when that dummy said it at that fundraiser. Lucky for America it got taped so that elitist #### wasnt elected President.

I have lived in Mississippi all my life, according to my doctor I am healthy, I went to college here and own a successful business. I totally happy and don't plan on leaving. Sorry you guys don't want to put up us. But guess what, I don't really care.

The unhealthiest states

You've heard about the healthiest states, but what about the unhealthy ones? The lowest-ranking states are Louisiana (#48), Arkansas (#49), and Mississippi (#50), mostly due to high rates of sedentary living, obesity, and diabetes.
So watch out, 'cause if you go to one of these states you might catch that lazy and fat thing going around.

According to Mitt Romney they are. I agree it was quite ridiculous when that dummy said it at that fundraiser. Lucky for America it got taped so that elitist #### wasnt elected President.
Elitist ##### tend to be pretty good leaders. Unlike what we have now.

Users who are viewing this thread