What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (4 Viewers)

yeah, i drafted both he and west last year in a rookie draft. i had hopes for him even with Duke being added. it's a shame that i think West has more upside into next season that Crowell. i'm dropping him now. Bainbridge is the only offensive weapon in Cleveland worth having.

yeah, i drafted both he and west last year in a rookie draft. i had hopes for him even with Duke being added. it's a shame that i think West has more upside into next season that Crowell. i'm dropping him now. Bainbridge is the only offensive weapon in Cleveland worth having.
T. Benjamin is WR16 and Duke is RB23 in PPR.

I like Duke, so I don't say this as a knock on him - but that's pretty shocking. Obviously it was something to do with the attrition rate of RBs this season, but it does show some production at least.

jurb26 said:
saintfool said:
Very under appreciated.

I'm dropping Crowell. Boom Heron appears to be a batter choice to roster over Crowell. Cupboard is bare at RB in my league's FA pool. Deep bench sucks when you are hurtin at a position.

This is a backfield I acquired in one league (Crow and Duke) and I got Crowell in 2 other leagues very late, like round 12-ish.

I traded Crowell straight up for Lamar Miller in week 4 (and I didn't even have to use a shotgun and ski mask~!!!), right before Miller went bonkers.

I cut Crowell and Duke (or traded) every where else I owned any shares of them in weeks 5-6.

I looked back at my 2014 notes.

(I keep one page filled with handwritten notes I jot down during each fantasy season....to reflect back on before the next season's draft)

Sure enough, plain as day there is "DO NOT DRAFT ANY CLEVELAND RBS" .

This year I went against my own advice and got Crowell, as I stubbornly believed in his talent and thought they would "turn him loose".

Well "turn him loose" they did, and he ran for about 3 yards~! on multiple occasions.

Firmly in bold print in my 2015 notes (for 2016 draft reflection) there is yet again "DO NOT DRAFT ANY CLEVELAND RBS".

Next year, I won't fall into that trap again and draft a Cleveland back, no matter how loudly the fantasy community trumpets one.

Well, I suppose if Gurley somehow finds his way to Cleveland in a trade, then I may take a chance, but I don't see that happening.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've come to the point I'm going to drop him in dynasty. Kinda sad when I'd rather have a TE stash like Walford than the Crow.

Of course no one started him but he draws SEA next week and KC in week 16 so this performance is essentially moot from a fantasy perspective.

Of course no one started him but he draws SEA next week and KC in week 16 so this performance is essentially moot from a fantasy perspective.
Ahhhhhh I dunno. Last week he burst a 32 yarder and this week he busted off two-run over 50 yards each.

Browns replaced 'turrible' rookie OG Kameron Irving after starting OG Joel Bitonio went down and today the rushing attack opened up. Not only did Crow blow up but rookie RB Duke Johnson had his best rushing game of his career as well albeit against SF who was missing a starting MLB and was playing its second road game to the east in consecutive weeks.

Hawks much tougher but he has been running well the last two week with over 200 combined yards so he could post 'respectable' numbers next week.

Bracie Smathers said:
SameSongNDance said:
Ahhhhhh I dunno. Last week he burst a 32 yarder and this week he busted off two-run over 50 yards each.

Browns replaced 'turrible' rookie OG Kameron Irving after starting OG Joel Bitonio went down and today the rushing attack opened up. Not only did Crow blow up but rookie RB Duke Johnson had his best rushing game of his career as well albeit against SF who was missing a starting MLB and was playing its second road game to the east in consecutive weeks.

Hawks much tougher but he has been running well the last two week with over 200 combined yards so he could post 'respectable' numbers next week.
yeah, little over-reaction to him being useless. 140+ yards is a little more than just a match-up i think. probably due to them not having to play a ton of catch-up, but for this Foster, Charles, Lewis, and CJ Anderson owner i may take another shot next week

purestrength said:
Just shown on NFL Sunday Ticket as the top RB for the day. Wonder how many fantasy players started him, lol.
The MFer playing me did. :wall:

I held him all year, finally dropped him last week to have a back up TE/PK for the playoffs. My opponent had Ingram, missed on Hightower, so picked up and started Crowell against me.

God, I hate this fing game!!!!

purestrength said:
Just shown on NFL Sunday Ticket as the top RB for the day. Wonder how many fantasy players started him, lol.
The MFer playing me did. :wall: I held him all year, finally dropped him last week to have a back up TE/PK for the playoffs. My opponent had Ingram, missed on Hightower, so picked up and started Crowell against me.

God, I hate this fing game!!!!
So you need a second kicker? Lolz

He's had one of the worst schedules I've ever seen on one of the absolute worst teams in the league. His HC is in over his head. I'm willing to hold one more offseason in dynasty. I know SF isn't what they used to be but he's been ok in spurts this year as bad as he has also been.

It's like someone is finally understanding this kid needs 20+ a game.

Type of runner that kills as the game goes on. Just a bruiser

Wish theyd been doing this more often, tho, hard to plan for the run when you're almost always behind

It's like someone is finally understanding this kid needs 20+ a game.

Type of runner that kills as the game goes on. Just a bruiser

Wish theyd been doing this more often, tho, hard to plan for the run when you're almost always behind
Please stop. Haven't you ruined enough careers?

SameSongNDance said:
I started him out of desperation. I almost didn't but considered he had the best matchup out of all the crud I roster at RB. I will probably not do this again and go Lacy and Starks next week because my RB situation is a joke. This may have been among the sweetest wins in all my 23 years of playing fantasy, upsetting the top team in my league to advance where I thought I had zero hope. Thanks Crow!

"I've been getting so much mail or phones calls with people saying, 'Well, wait a minute, why don't you guys have a running back?' " he said. "I really think Isaiah Crowell is a really good running back. I think he's going to have a sensational season, I really do ...

"Obviously, Isaiah is very explosive," he said. "He's got quick feet, he's fast in the hole, he runs with good pad level."

- Hue Jackson
Getcha popcorn ready!

i feel like charile brown with the football with this guy.  i'll probably end up drafting him for the 3rd year in a row.

With him getting 28 catches his first two seasons combined, I have a hard time getting too excited about him in PPR. It seems like he would need to be Adrian Peterson-lite to have significant value without any catches. 

Crow didn't catch a lot last year, but he did serious damage w what he did. 

He's no duke in the pass game, but i think hes better than he's given credit for

Duke is going to take too much to rely on The Crow. Duke has value in PPR. Neither do in non-ppr. Too inconsistent. 

Isaiah Crowell - RB -  Browns

RBs coach Kirby Wilson said the Browns will be a "run-oriented football team."
"Everything starts with the run game, our offensive line and our backs," Wilson continued. "As coach told us, we are going to be a physically dominant, running football team." Hue Jackson led offenses have not finished worse than 7th in rushing attempts since he took over as offensive coordinator for Oakland in 2010. With the quarterback situation in flux, there is no reason to change that formula this year. Even in a timeshare, Isaiah Crowell and Duke Johnson should see plenty of work.

Related: Duke Johnson

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer 
May 26 - 9:25 AM

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi "would imagine" Isaiah Crowell will be the Browns' starting running back in Week 1.
Crowell is the Browns' best early-down runner and is the tentative favorite to handle the team's first offensive snap of the season. There are indications the Browns envision Duke Johnson as more than a role player, however, and Johnson could easily end up outsnapping Crowell even if he doesn't "start." Another running back prospect to monitor in Cleveland is athletic second-year UDFA Terrell Watson, who is a favorite in the metrics community.

Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter 
Jun 2 - 5:06 PM

ESPN Browns reporter Pat McManamon believes Isaiah Crowell "will get a great opportunity" this season.
McManamon said new coach Hue Jackson has "shown immense confidence" in Crowell by not drafting or signing a running back. Jackson has also raved about Crowell's talent multiple times since taking over as head coach. Duke Johnson, who has also earned Jackson's praise, will be involved, but Crowell is the favorite for early-down work. He is an absolute steal in the double-digit rounds.

Source: ESPN 
Jun 7 - 10:16 AM

Again... Crow was the Best RB in his class, but had serious character issues.

Those issues are long gone, it seems. The crow will FLY

Early down work is great but in PPR leagues, his value won't approach his talent.  This is a poor mans Cincy backfield from last year.  Hill and Bernard were both basically unstartable last year and they are both better than Crowell and Duke respectively.  

I am having a hard time assigning value to Crowell in dynasty.   I want to trade for him because I like his talent, but he's going to be capped for the foreseeable future.   

I really like both Crowell and Duke, but it's way to early to definitively say which one, or for that matter if either at all, will have the most (any) fantasy impact in 2016.

I'm trying to negotiate a trade for either one right now and fortunately (or not) they are both owned by one team in my league. Currently leaning Duke because the league switched to PPR recently. We've got all summer to nail it down and we're in no hurry. Keeping my eyes and ears on this particular situation because I do believe one of them will break away from the other and put up quality FF numbers.

I really like both Crowell and Duke, but it's way to early to definitively say which one, or for that matter if either at all, will have the most (any) fantasy impact in 2016.

I'm trying to negotiate a trade for either one right now and fortunately (or not) they are both owned by one team in my league. Currently leaning Duke because the league switched to PPR recently. We've got all summer to nail it down and we're in no hurry. Keeping my eyes and ears on this particular situation because I do believe one of them will break away from the other and put up quality FF numbers.
Duke could be OK with a lot of dump offs, but I don't like Crowell at all. Outside of a couple Browns' homers, I think most think the OL will be worse after losing Mack and Schwartz.

A watered down version of Bengal Ball in which you get pleasantly surprised here and there but overall will never get the value returned from where it will take to draft them.  The problem with Hue Jackson attempting to copy and paste his philosophy is that he is going to find that come day one on the job, he doesn't have Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Tyler Eiffert, Jones, Sanu, or a pretty good defense.

A watered down version of Bengal Ball in which you get pleasantly surprised here and there but overall will never get the value returned from where it will take to draft them.  The problem with Hue Jackson attempting to copy and paste his philosophy is that he is going to find that come day one on the job, he doesn't have Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Tyler Eiffert, Jones, Sanu, or a pretty good defense.
But other than that and some offensive line talent, they are plug and play.  

Duke could be OK with a lot of dump offs, but I don't like Crowell at all. Outside of a couple Browns' homers, I think most think the OL will be worse after losing Mack and Schwartz.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone, including Brown's homers, who think the o line will be better this year.

I'm trying to negotiate a trade for either one right now and fortunately (or not) 
Not, imo. I own both. I'd only trade them as a package unless I was blown away by an offer. If I only owned one I'd be willing to negotiate and would probably lean towards getting out of this committee all together. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone, including Brown's homers, who think the o line will be better this year.
I just meant in some of these threads. I don't think most think that. I think they could be much worse. I know Erving played other spots than C, but he was so bad that I can't imagine he'll come anywhere close to Mack's level of play and Schwartz was one of the best RTs in the league. I was hoping the Panthers would take a run at him. 

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot believes Isaiah Crowell will rush for 1,000-plus yards this season.

If all goes to plan, coach Hue Jackson expects to operate a "high-powered, balanced" attack with a "heavy emphasis on the run." Everyone associated with the Browns has been talking up the combination of Crowell and Duke Johnson with both likely to exceed last season's counting stats if they're able to hold onto their jobs. Johnson will have a role no matter what, but we expect Crowell to be pushed by Terrell Watson in training camp and preseason. Whoever wins the job will have low-end RB2 appeal.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Users who are viewing this thread