What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Wilson, ARZ (1 Viewer)

Grabbed him in some dynasty leagues as he was pimped massively in a podcast I listen to. Fingers crossed we are looking good here
Is that Chris Harris's pod?

No it’s all the Player Profiler stuff from pre NFL draft time onwards. I got him in some rookie drafts in rounds 3 and 4. Also was taking Reed a lot as well late round 2 and round 3. AT Perry is the other one I’ve taken in round 4 or as a UDFA that there’s been no developments with yet.

Same pod confirmed me not liking Quentin Johnson, Mingo and a few others

I missed on Puka and Tank D by being cheap. I'm putting 20-25% on Wilson this week. Really need a WR3.

Can Joshua Dobbs support 2 relevant WRs, a TE, and a RB?
In AZ's three losses, Dobbs has 30, 31 and 41 pass attempts. He's also posted a traditional QB rating of 100 or better in three of four games (one was 99.9, but I digress). If you presume AZ is going to continue losing most games, the situation is not as bleak as it could be for the passing game.
Certainly better than Atlanta's game script with Knute Rockne coaching them.

In AZ's three losses, Dobbs has 30, 31 and 41 pass attempts. He's also posted a traditional QB rating of 100 or better in three of four games (one was 99.9, but I digress). If you presume AZ is going to continue losing most games, the situation is not as bleak as it could be for the passing game.
Certainly better than Atlanta's game script with Knute Rockne coaching them.
lol

Got him in the two leagues where I put in claims (had already picked him up in a third). Now the question is whether to start him anywhere. In the PPR league where it's him vs. Zay Flowers, probably not. In the 0.5PPR where it's him vs. DHop or Meyers, maybe? And in the 3WR non-PPR where I'm totally scuffling at WR (Higgins, Sutton, Tutu, Addison, Reed) almost definitely

Got him. Way over paid for him but that's a result of just missing on previous guys.

I'm starting him. My 3rd WR has been a rotating cycle of Devante Parker, Sky Moore, Allen Robinson and Quentin Johnson. So Wilson can jump right in.

Between injuries and byes I'm looking to start 2 from Wilson, B.Cooks, and J.Downs. I'm leaning Wilson over Cooks.

That's about 34 passes/game or 574 on a full season. Last year that was around 16th most in the league.

Houston, Buffalo, Seattle, Denver, Pittsburgh, Green Bay territory. Kind of a mixed bag for supporting that many players.

Happily acquired him in my 12 team 3WR set. Where I can start a fourth in the flex. And another ten man ppr with the same positions. I’ll pay for the possible rookie breakout when I can get on on the way up. Hopefully that is true.

Is Wilson worth a solid-big FAAB %?
no
I’m with you

3rd on the team in targets every week, right?

Gonna be some really low scoring weeks imo

Do you think he will be 3rd in targets rest of season?

Ertz tore his ACL late last year and those are the types of players that have other lower leg nagging injuries like hamstrings that make them miss a few weeks here, few weeks there and play at less than 100% at times.

Marquise brown has never been able to sustain success, he barely broke 1000 yards once and has not been close to 1000 yards in his other 4 seasons.

I tend to follow the mindset that targets are earned. I'm sure he'll have his ups and downs like any WR, particularly a rookie one, but when I read things like this, it certainly makes me pay attention. And I'm sure team brass is noticing it, too.

Yeah I picked him up for free after waivers ran this morning as nobody claimed him. I have M Brown so it is some insurance I guess.

Still available in my league after waivers ran. Would like to pick him up but I'd have to drop either Tank Dell or Addison

Not going to pretend he was anywhere on my radar prior to about a week or two ago.

I like Josh Doubs at QB this week vs a Cinci team that just let THill throw for almost 250 yds and a score
Can Wilson do a repeat? I think most would be happy if he can continue to rack catches and yds, TDs come and go, they're just gravy most of the time.
Ertz has not made a lot of production for all his targets and Brown is always up and down
This kid Wilson has a chance to make a big splash the ROS, and I have no idea what happens when or if Kyler Murray takes the field later on this season.
But for a few weeks, it would be nice to get some solid WR production out of my WR3/Flex spots, hope this fills the gaps.

Rolling the dice with him this weekend, I think

Is anybody else really excited about this guy?! Unpopular opinion: better than Pucua ros!!!!
Yeah, he's got a shot to make dynasty players some real "money" on their investment. I just hope he can stay healthy, that seemed to be his issue in college.

Unpopular opinion: better than Pucua ros!!!!
Maybe if Kupp stays healthy but I’d definitely lean Nacua for this season (so yeah, probably unpopular). I have Wilson in a dynasty rebuild, don’t think I’d trade him for Puka but it’s darn close imo

Not going to pretend he was anywhere on my radar prior to about a week or two ago.

I like Josh Doubs at QB this week vs a Cinci team that just let THill throw for almost 250 yds and a score
Can Wilson do a repeat? I think most would be happy if he can continue to rack catches and yds, TDs come and go, they're just gravy most of the time.
Ertz has not made a lot of production for all his targets and Brown is always up and down
This kid Wilson has a chance to make a big splash the ROS, and I have no idea what happens when or if Kyler Murray takes the field later on this season.
But for a few weeks, it would be nice to get some solid WR production out of my WR3/Flex spots, hope this fills the gaps.

Hope you didn't

Hope you didn't
Jr talked me out of this and rolled with Gabe Davis and Kirk, had to play Kupp this morning
Went 3-wide at RB meaning Flex spot was RB this week

BRob-Atl
Hall-
Pacheco

And so it rolls

For awhile, it looked like Wilson’s scoring was going to be tied by Brian, Carl and Dennis combined.

Way overpaid in FAAB this week. There will be better days ahead I think. Not sure what happened today.

Could be a good play this week. All his production this year has been vs zone coverage. He has only 1 target and no catches vs man. The Seahawks lead the league in zone coverage (85%).

He played 88% of offensive snaps last week and Pascal is likely out so that should stay the same this week.

The Seahawks have really improved vs the run this year and without Connor the Cardinals will likely go more pass heavy.

Going back and forth between him and Wandale this week as my WR3. Wilson definitely has the higher upside but the floor is zero.

Could be a good play this week. All his production this year has been vs zone coverage. He has only 1 target and no catches vs man. The Seahawks lead the league in zone coverage (85%).

He played 88% of offensive snaps last week and Pascal is likely out so that should stay the same this week.

The Seahawks have really improved vs the run this year and without Connor the Cardinals will likely go more pass heavy.
I thought this too last week and started him (Rams defense had been running zone coverage at the 8th highest rate at the time). It also sounded like Dobbs wanted to get Wilson more involved after a quiet Week 5:

It was another relatively quiet day, as Wilson ended the day 3/62/0 on only 4 targets, made worse when you consider he was at 1/17/0 with 1 target on the day until late in garbage time (under 5 minutes in the 4th) when Dobbs completed two deep passes to him with the Cards down three scores. At this point I’m waiting until Murray returns before I consider starting Wilson again. Garbage time stats count all the same but I rather not put my hopes on someone who isn’t being targeted until the game is almost over. Arizona needs to make Wilson a bigger part of their offense.

Last edited:
Fantasy Football Week 7: Three WR/CB matchups to target and avoid

Excerpt:

WR MICHAEL WILSON, ARIZONA CARDINALS VS. CB TRE BROWN, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seattle’s secondary recently played at full strength for the first time this season, limiting Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow (66.5 PFF passing grade) to just 185 passing yards, two touchdowns and one interception in Week 6. Arizona rookie wide receiver Michael Wilson (71.1 PFF receiving grade) should be left out of Week 7 lineups.

FanDuel implies Arizona to score just 18.5 points.

PFF’s OL/DL matchup chart gives Arizona a 0.0% pass-blocking matchup advantage rating.

Wilson runs routes at a 31.5% wide-left rate, 28.3% slot rate and a 40.2% wide-right rate. Seattle's No. 2 cornerback Tre Brown (83.2 PFF coverage grade) will be his primary coverage defender but Wilson will take ample snaps against No. 1 cornerback Tariq Woolen (64.7 PFF coverage grade), slot cornerback Devon Witherspoon (76.6 PFF coverage grade) and safety/slot defensive back Jamal Adams (68.5 PFF coverage grade).

PFF’s WR/CB matchup chart gives Wilson a poor 21.8 receiving matchup advantage rating against Brown.

Brown produced a 0.0% catch rate allowed against Cincinnati Nos. 1 and 2 wide receivers Ja’Marr Chase (86.1 PFF receiving grade) and Tee Higgins (56.2 PFF receiving grade) on a combined 16 snaps. Adams impressively limited Cincinnati slot receivers to a 50.0% catch rate and 0.71 yards per coverage snap.

Among 64 NFL perimeter cornerbacks with at least 50 coverage snaps, Woolen’s 1.39 yards allowed per coverage snap ranks 12th and his 1.5% explosive pass plays allowed rate ranks fifth.

Witherspoon is emerging as an elite slot cornerback. Among 38 NFL slot cornerbacks with at least 25 slot coverage snaps, he ranks top 10 across the board in targeted rate (15.6%, ninth), catch rate allowed (60.0%, sixth), yards allowed per coverage snap (0.53, second) and explosive pass plays allowed rate (0.0%, tied for first).

Wilson succeeded (26.6 PPR points, WR6) in his Week 4 featured role (20.7% first-read target rate) but has since been scaled back to just a 10.9% first-read target rate in Weeks 5-6.

Wilson’s inconsistent usage bodes poorly for this matchup.

I'm really trying to hold, because I believe in the talent and think the fantasy production will eventually follow. In recent weeks I've dropped Jayden Reed and Josh Downs but kept Wilson in my non-PPR league. But I'll definitely need to see at least one breakout game, maybe two, before I feel comfortable starting him

Yahoo is killing me, it’s been known since last night that Wilson isn’t playing today and he’s officially been declared inactive since 13 minutes ago and still listed as questionable on Yahoo. I’ll be lucky if I don’t miss out on a player I want to scoop up in his place. Edit - now listed as NA which doesn’t help, WTF Yahoo!

(Edit 2 - And there goes my guy, I was hoping for C-Rod and my opponent just snatched him after Gibson got the O status. ****ing Yahoo. Well at least it forced me to get the guy I really wanted, but I wanted to wait to see what C-Rod did first.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread