Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
buddhacwru

Damien Wiliams - RB - Oklahoma

KC is in a pretty good spot here.....they have a guy (DW) who can be the guy......Thompson will have a year under him, and there is still the other Williams and maybe McCoy (probably not).....so KC can let free agency and the draft kind of come to them....there is always some FA depth out there heading into the season, so they can take a sniff in the draft if they see something they like or they can wait....KC would be a solid destination if you are a fringe FA RB.....the line of FA that would like to come to KC (at any position) is going to be pretty long.....its almost like KC could benefit by adding another “Damien Williams” type of back in the way people thought about him before the Chiefs signed him....a guy that is kind of an afterthought elsewhere, but fits the system in KC....

18 hours ago, jm192 said:

They'll draft someone.  Then Williams will be that annoying vet that won't get out of the rookie's way.  And we'll all be guessing all off-season.

It's possible he just flashed at the right time a la Spencer Ware a few years ago, but it's also possible that Williams finally showed what he can do. He was viewed as having a strong all-around skill set in Miami, and now he's yet another guy to thrive when leaving the Adam Gase system.

The only question appears to be health, in that he still can't seem to be able to hold up over the course of a season. That may indeed pave the way for Thompson, Darrel Williams, or perhaps someone else, if Damien falters.

All I know is that I want a piece of that backfield if it's a reasonable price.

Damien Williams will never be a full time healthy starter for the Chiefs until someone fixes the spelling of his name in the thread title.

1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

Damien Williams will never be a full time healthy starter for the Chiefs until someone fixes the spelling of his name in the thread title.

I have never noticed that. Holy cow. Two "l's." Seriously never saw it. Of course, I'm in no position to change anything...

He's still not that great a runner. SF was playing a lot four rush and almost never had eight in the box, giving him plenty of room to run. 

4 hours ago, zamboni said:

All I know is that I want a piece of that backfield if it's a reasonable price.

ware should be on your wire.

6 minutes ago, grateful zed said:

ware should be on your wire.

I think that horse has left the barn, but I do have a theory about Darwin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

Maybe it's his jersey that has his named spelled incorrectly and this thread is right. 😁

• Laughing 1

47 minutes ago, rockaction said:

He's still not that great a runner. SF was playing a lot four rush and almost never had eight in the box, giving him plenty of room to run

Isn't that always going to be the case with this offense?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Gally said:

Isn't that always going to be the case with this offense?

Good pooint. Game, set, match with that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I think that horse has left the barn, but I do have a theory about Darwin.

nice

2 hours ago, ChiefD said:

yeah, that is a bad omen

• Laughing 1

I can see KC drafting a rb in like the 3rd to be 1a1/1b with Williams and Darwin expanding his role a bit as well making it tough to know week to week. 

I honestly don’t care what happens between now and next August, I will not be drafting a Kansas City running back again

Chiefs exercised RB Damien Williams' 2020 option.

Williams will make $2.3 million in the final year of his deal. He was limited to just 11 games last season, but Williams was Kansas City's best back when healthy. The Chiefs should still look to upgrade on him, but Williams enters the offseason as the favorite to lead the backfield in touches.

Unless KC drafts a better player with his skillset, I can see him being drafted in the first 3 rounds again... and after he's dropped I'll nab him in FA.

Chiefs exercised RB Damien Williams' 2020 option.

Williams will make $2.3 million in the final year of his deal. He was limited to just 11 games last season, but Williams was Kansas City's best back when healthy. The Chiefs should still look to upgrade on him, but Williams enters the offseason as the favorite to lead the backfield in touches.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 16, 2020, 8:25 AM ET

dude doesn't have the beastly qualities of a Barkley or something.....but his skill set seems to fit this offense pretty darn good when healthy....and in this offense you can't ignore that....