What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cigar Smokers; I need your help (1 Viewer)

Wayne Kenof

Footballguy
So my Wife and I are going back home for Thanksgiving. With the birth of our new daughter, I was thinking of buying some nice cigars to bring up with us. I am pretty new at the whole world of cigars, but mostly order of my cigars from Cigars International. I don't mind flavors, I usually smoke mediums but dont mind a heavy once in a while. My question is, what is a cigar everyone tends to like with nice flavor to it? Not looking to break the wallet (something under $10 a cigar) but I'm buying for 8 people. I am a fan of the 7-20-4/drew estates/cao/cohiba. wouldn't mind trying chocolate/vanilla/rum/pipe flavored cigars, just dont know any good ones out there. What are some cigars you like? Willing to try something new, the guys i am smoking with are all noobs as well.

thanks for any advice given!

If you like Drew Estate and aren't opposed to flavored... The Java is outstanding. Try the"58"' . The smoke smells delicious and the cigar tastes wonderful. It's a good catch all for groups. Others I would recommend would be a Perdomo champagne, CAO gold, and a Partagas black. All are pretty mild yet tasty.

For a milder smoke I really like Baccarat. They have a gum like cap for a touch of sweetness and a very mild smoke. One of my favorites. Also like Punch Rare Corojo and Hoyo De Montorrey Excaliber 1066.

A 5 pack of Baccarat is around $14/15 on JR Cigars. Punch slightly higher. All good smokes.

Pipe - CAO Moontrance

the best new flavored Cigar I"ve had is the NUB Cappuccino

Drew Estate's Acid Kuba Kuba or 1400CC are always hits

For non-flavored I always stick to Connecticut wrappers because they milder and I like the Nub line of cigars there as well.

I also order from them

The Acid Kuba Kuba's are $$$$. Box of 24 will run you about $150.

Acid Blondie's are a smaller version

thank you for all the responses!

Pipe - CAO Moontrance

For non-flavored I always stick to Connecticut wrappers because they milder and I like the Nub line of cigars there as well.
my favorite cigar by far. huge acid fan, cant really go wrong with them. the leaf it self is tasty.

i will have to try the CAO Moontrance this weekend, see how it is.

I also order from them

i will sometimes get a few packs of the "5 minute" cigars from the liquor store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know pretty much anything will go with a cigar when it comes to the question of, "Whats a good Bourbon/Scotch that pairs well". but what are some of your favorite pairings for cigars and liquor/beer?

Pipe - CAO Moontrance

my favorite cigar by far. huge acid fan, cant really go wrong with them. the leaf it self is tasty.

I also order from them

i will sometimes get a few packs of the "5 minute" cigars from the liquor store.
If you like the Kuba Kuba, the 1400CC is their premium version of that cigar with a lighter wrapper (almost always encased in a glass vial also)

For the 5 minute cigars - try Acid's C-Note packs

Pipe - CAO Moontrance

I also order from them

If you like the Kuba Kuba, the 1400CC is their premium version of that cigar with a lighter wrapper (almost always encased in a glass vial also)

For the 5 minute cigars - try Acid's C-Note packs
heh, for the life of me i couldn't figure out the name of the 5 minute cigars. Those are the ones i smoke.

I know pretty much anything will go with a cigar when it comes to the question of, "Whats a good Bourbon/Scotch that pairs well". but what are some of your favorite pairings for cigars and liquor/beer?
I know most people like to pair bourbons or scotches with their cigars and this will be blasphemy.. but I really like to just taste my cigar the whole way through... when I've paired with a good bourbon or scotch, one or the other get compromised.

So really i just prefer a relatively light beer like a wheat or pilsner

Now I love to smoke a cigar and THEN have a good bourbon like Angel's Envy for Evan Williams Single Barrell... just not at the same time.

I feel like consuming them at the same time is like taking your wonderful Filet Mignon and dipping it in sauce

I know most people like to pair bourbons or scotches with their cigars and this will be blasphemy.. but I really like to just taste my cigar the whole way through... when I've paired with a good bourbon or scotch, one or the other get compromised.

Now I love to smoke a cigar and THEN have a good bourbon like Angel's Envy for Evan Williams Single Barrell... just not at the same time.

I feel like consuming them at the same time is like taking your wonderful Filet Mignon and dipping it in sauce
[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]I've read that drinking water is the best thing you can have when "pairing" a drink with a cigar. Totally agree with you on a Filet and dipping it in a sauce. [/SIZE]

Acid Kuba Kube and a Macallan 12 is what I usually do,

I know next to nothing about cigars, but want to buy some for a person who has done a lot for me and my company. He is into cigars, so something nice, but not looking to spend thousands. If your a cigar guy, something you'd be happy to receive as a gift. Also looking for a place to order online and ship to him. Thanks in advance.

I know next to nothing about cigars, but want to buy some for a person who has done a lot for me and my company. He is into cigars, so something nice, but not looking to spend thousands. If your a cigar guy, something you'd be happy to receive as a gift. Also looking for a place to order online and ship to him. Thanks in advance.

Could go to Sam's or Costco and find a nice box of Romeo & Juliet or Montecristo for under $100.

Sorry, didn't see the part about shipping them to him.  Check out: https://www.famous-smoke.com

The Griffin's is a solid Dominican cigar.  This is a fairly mild brand that runs around $200 for a box of 25 robustos.  For about $125 more you could get a box of 24 Padron 1964 or 1926's.  I'd recommend the maduros.  These are box pressed and amazing.  My favorite non Cuban cigars. La Aurora Preferidos are a solid Dominican brand that run about $150 for a box of 18.  There's many more, but I thought of these 3 off the top of my head. 

For a milder smoke I really like Baccarat. They have a gum like cap for a touch of sweetness and a very mild smoke. One of my favorites. Also like Punch Rare Corojo and Hoyo De Montorrey Excaliber 1066.

A 5 pack of Baccarat is around $14/15 on JR Cigars. Punch slightly higher. All good smokes.
Worked for a summer painting houses, smacked cigars most days. If we lit up in the morning it was always a Baccarat. For some reason it became the "breakfast cigar", one guy always had a bunch in his car. Great summer. 

Tabak Especial Dulce (Robusto and Toro) has been my favorite cigar the last couple of years.  I like most all cigars from Drew Estate.  Java is another excellent stick (Maduro).

I like all of the Acid line.  For a mild smoke I highly recommend the Acid Blondie (Belicoso, not the tiny ones).  I always try to have some on hand for golf buddies who don't like a full/med bodied cigar.  Wives like them too.  Very tasty and mild.  

I like the Ave Maria Immaculata as well.  Also recommend Gurkha Beauty (and Beast).  

For a milder smoke I would recommend Rafael Gonzalez. That is if you are not geographically challenged :P  

+1 for the CAO Gold, either the Churchill or Belicoso

I you are looking to spend a bit more then I would recommend the Ashton VSG or ESG

Padron 1964 Anniversary series "A"... the best cigar I've ever smoked.  I was given one of these and a Padron 1926 anniversary series by a good friend of mine.  I loved both but was partial to the '64, probably because that is my birth year.  Cigar was like butter from start to the very end.  Brilliant smoke.  On the pricey side, though.  

Another good smoke is the Macanudo Inspirado... and the Macanudo Vintage 2006.  

So, I scored 50 Man O' War Ruination Belicoso cigars for a good price. Problem is, my humidor will not accommodate that many. Looking to sell bundles of 5 for $35, bundles of 10 for $60, or a bundle of 25 for $125. Free shipping

Click here for price comparison.

http://www.puff.com/Cigar-Reviews/Report/Top-25-Overall.html
These have been sitting in my humidor for over a year now. These are excellent/strong smokes. Anybody interested in 5 or 10?

What kind of cigars are we bringing to Thanksgiving this season?

I'm an occasional cigar smoke, 2-6 a month maybe.  I'm pretty lucky my BIL gives me several Diamond Crown Julius Cesar's a year, they are a top of the line cigar & fantastic.  Someone recently gave me an Opus X, it was phenomenal.  I generally smoke Brickhouse cigars when I'm buying.  

Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne Series have been my go to for the past 6 months.  Medium bodied, great draw.  I usually get the super toro size, which is 6x60.  I’ve always been a Padron guy, but Nick Perdomo is making some great smokes. 

My FIL loves the mild Ashtons. White label, light brown wrapper. Pretty inoffensive. The Romeo and Juliets are safe too. 

Lately I’m enjoying darker/heavier cigars, in particular the Rocky Patels. So good. 

Users who are viewing this thread