What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread (4 Viewers)

Spring

Not sure I would call it horror, but maybe Sci Fi/Romance/Horror? Interesting film about a guy who meets a mysterious woman in Italy who has an interesting past. 3.5/5

Went with an 80s slasher film doubleheader this morning:

The Burning

Summer camp story about the legend (and later found to be an actual person) of Cropsey. A star-studded cast including Jason Alexander and Holly Hunter. 2/5

Sleepaway Camp

The acting in this movie is hilarious to say the least. It’s slightly better than The Burning and corny af , but a classic slasher flick nonetheless. 3/5

Right? Was waiting for the Crying Game song to start playing like in Ace Ventura.  :lol:  Getting the sequels now. I think I’ve seen part of one of them and it was hilarious iirc.
The Sleepaway movies are cult classics and so bad they are good. Just awful crap.....that I can watch and laugh like crazy. Nothing will ever top the ending of the first one....which was freaking creepy. But the sequels are pure slasher shlock. 

I actually am a fan of The Burning. Another cult classic in the genre. 

Woman

I realize this is the sequel to Offspring, but on its own, it’s turrible in a lot of ways. I hate her captor (the db dad) way more than I do her. 2.5/5

Last edited by a moderator:
No it has not at all.

However An American Werewolf in London has.
So to comply with our stay at home mandate, we have been doing movie nights pretty much every night (some nights are board games). One night my wife picks, the next my 15 year old daughter and then my turn and we start over. Last night was my pick and this was my selection. Daughter just loved it. I have seen this movie probably ten times and it still is very entertaining-.

My son and I watched Terrifier on Netflix and man......it was a brutal slasher. The Character that does all the mayhem “Art The Clown” is extremely creepy. The movie was made on a 100K budget. It has what I consider the most brutal kill I have ever seen on film.....jeeeeeez!!!!

For a 100K film...it was well done. It created a sense of dread, had some good music and of course borrowed some atmosphere from the legendary classic “Halloween”. A nice throwback to the great slashers of the 80’s (the good ones of course). This is fast becoming a major cult classic in the genre.

I give it a 3 out of 5 stars grade.

The sequel is filming this Fall. And the director is touting it as 10X’s what the original was. 
I just saw this.  Same clown from All Hallow's Eve, which I liked a little better than this.  

Definitely not for the squeamish.  Kind of 1980's slasher style but darker (if that makes any sense) and gorier.  Much gorier than anything I've seen since the Evil Dead remake (and maybe even moreso than that).

Can’t remember if I posted this but I watched Underwater a few weeks back. It’s a mix of aliens and Armageddon with a mild case of claustrophobia.  decent film.  
2.8374834/5

The Platform on Netflix

If compared to anything, this one would be compared to The Cube movies. Almost the entirety of it takes place in a set of stacked prison cells that have a hole in the middle of them, in which a platform of food travels down. The movie is about the prisoners' mental state and moral choices - and essentially about the relationship between the rich and the poor. Some pretty gross gore. 

Non-Quarantine Ranking: 2.5/5

Quarantine Ranking: 3.5/5
I liked this one.  The old dude he was with played the #### outta that role.  

Unique.  Gross.  Well worth a watch

2 streaming found footage movies worth a watch. 

Record of Sweet Murder - Korean movie from the director of Noroi about a journalist who goes to interview a suspected murderer. Warning, this movie gets disturbing including forced sexual stuff. It’s good because it’s something completely new in found footage. 

MOM - Mother’s of Monsters. About a mom who records herself trying to figure out what her psychopath son is up to. Another unique take on found footage although I do wonder why they choose to film it that way. 

Watched April fools. Not terrible considering when it was made - reminds me of scream. Also a decent cast for its time. When I was searching it up I noticed there was a remake ?! Hmm have to queue that one up

Watched April fools. Not terrible considering when it was made - reminds me of scream. Also a decent cast for its time. When I was searching it up I noticed there was a remake ?! Hmm have to queue that one up
Were the boobs as good as you remember?  ;)

Speaking of Scream - I know I am a broken record about this movie, but I recently watched Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon  again, and still had a blast with it.  Not sure how many have seen it in here, but I always bring it up with movies like Scream, Cabin in the Woods, Tucker and Dale, Shaun of the Dead, etc..    Poking a bit of fun at the genre, but still being a good entry in the genre.  

Speaking of Scream - I know I am a broken record about this movie, but I recently watched Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon  again, and still had a blast with it.  Not sure how many have seen it in here, but I always bring it up with movies like Scream, Cabin in the Woods, Tucker and Dale, Shaun of the Dead, etc..    Poking a bit of fun at the genre, but still being a good entry in the genre.  
The scene I remember having boobs didn’t have any. My memory lied to me

On your recommendation I am putting on Behind the Mask. I certainly like the other flicks you are putting it with. 

Watched a very little known 80’s slasher (The late and great Bill Paxton's film debut) named Mortuary on Amazon Prime. It was as bad as I remembered when I saw it in the movies with my dad way back in 1983. Just awful. It also stared the lead detective and undercover female detective from the shlock gore fest classic “Pieces".

We are talking pure B flick 80’s cheese.

Hopefully you like it.  :scared:
I enjoyed it. It was a fun flick and not what I expected. I loved the girl who played the film maker. I was convinced I knew her from something but after looking at IMBD I dont think I do. 

I confused this movie with another film that apparently I don't know the name of. It was a movie that sounded very much like Tropic Thunder but it was a crew filming a zombie movie. Does that ring a bell with anyone? That is what I thought I was going to see last night.

Anyway thanks for the recommendation it was a good one.

I enjoyed it. It was a fun flick and not what I expected. I loved the girl who played the film maker. I was convinced I knew her from something but after looking at IMBD I dont think I do. 

I confused this movie with another film that apparently I don't know the name of. It was a movie that sounded very much like Tropic Thunder but it was a crew filming a zombie movie. Does that ring a bell with anyone? That is what I thought I was going to see last night.

Anyway thanks for the recommendation it was a good one.
Haven't heard of it, but a search suggested THIS foreign movie that looks interesting. 

Haven't heard of it, but a search suggested THIS foreign movie that looks interesting. 
I watched One cut of the dead today and it is quite good. I really enjoyed it. It is much more comedy than horror. Not sure I would even classify it as horror. It pulls the comedy off which in my opinion is one of the harder things for a foreign film to do. I looked it up on IMBD and I was even more impressed when I found out they were all unknown actors and what the budget was. This may be one of the better low budget movies I have seen. They did a great job with location and used it to the max.

Budget of 3,000,000 and it made over 27,000,000 :shock:

Darlin

Another sequel to Offspring and then Woman. This film is actually better than Woman imo with a better plot about a couple of feral women in Ohio who have different paths moving forward after they become separated at a hospital. 3/5

Dan Lambskin said:
Geralds Game on Netflix 

oh man

that slipping her hand through the handcuff was tough to watch
Definitely worth the watch tho.

The Roommate, on the other hand... As bad as I feared.  Wife really wanted to see it and it put her to sleep.  At 7 pm.  Avoid

I See You

I guess this is classified as a horror/suspense film. It’s pretty good and worth a watch imo. Slow burn story about a cop investigating the kidnapping of 2 boys and whose family has been experiencing weird things in their house. 4/5

I See You

I guess this is classified as a horror/suspense film. It’s pretty good and worth a watch imo. Slow burn story about a cop investigating the kidnapping of 2 boys and whose family has been experiencing weird things in their house. 4/5
This was a really strange movie--We watched it on PPV and it is like watching two completely different movies. The distracting thing in the movie was Helen Hunt---egad, has she had some work done. I honestly searched to see if she had a stroke because her face is so tight, she could barely smile  and move her lips. 

This was a really strange movie--We watched it on PPV and it is like watching two completely different movies. The distracting thing in the movie was Helen Hunt---egad, has she had some work done. I honestly searched to see if she had a stroke because her face is so tight, she could barely smile  and move her lips. 
I know; it took me a while to just stop staring at her face.  Took me out of the story early on.   I liked the substance of the movie but found the layout really weird.  Wish they had focused more on the aspects that weren't dealt with until the 2nd half.

MOM - Mother’s of Monsters. About a mom who records herself trying to figure out what her psychopath son is up to. Another unique take on found footage although I do wonder why they choose to film it that way. 
This movie is pretty messed up. The found footage angle is an interesting choice for this movie, but I think it works. 3.5/5

I was thinking the same thing. She kinda looks like Odo from DS9. Yikes.

Anybody watch Ghost Stories on Hulu?  Has Martin Freeman in it

Been wanting a good horror movie lately, but feels like I've seen most of what I've wanted to already.  

What Keeps You Alive

Interesting film about a Canadian woman and her wife who go to the wife’s childhood cabin and things go south from there. Wife is a psycho. It’s a pretty simple plot, but moves pretty well and has an interesting ending. 3.5/5

Anybody watch Ghost Stories on Hulu?  Has Martin Freeman in it

Been wanting a good horror movie lately, but feels like I've seen most of what I've wanted to already.  
This one was pretty good - was kind of an anthology movie which I dig.  This one is about a skeptic who makes a career of debunking psychics and the such getting 3 cases to look into.  Some decent scares to be had here.  

Users who are viewing this thread