What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread (1 Viewer)

American Exorcist

It’s not so good.  I think I liked the music more than the rest of the movie and that’s not saying much. 1.5/5

Watched escape room. I guess it’s  a horror. It’s kind of like saw but with multiple rooms. Ran out of time and couldn’t finish it  2.7/5

Crescent Moon Clown

I think this is part of the Bad Ben series.  In any case, it’s terrible.  1.5/5

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched The Void on Friday.  Interesting initial idea that became an absolute mess fairly quickly.    I give it 1 star out of 5.
The Void has garnered mixed reviews but it really appealed to me and I thought it was fantastic.  I had the opportunity to see the movie at a horror film festival on the big screen before its general release a few years ago.  Most H.P. Lovecraft apologists or fans of a more "cosmic" brand of horror should find something to like with The Void.  As might those with a fondness for horror films of the 1980's and the use of physical effects over CGI.

I'd highly recommend everything that's come out of the Astron-6 team to date, although The Void is by no means typical of their output (it concentrates solely on horror and not the comedy-horror seen in their other productions.)

The Void has garnered mixed reviews but it really appealed to me and I thought it was fantastic.  I had the opportunity to see the movie at a horror film festival on the big screen before its general release a few years ago.  Most H.P. Lovecraft apologists or fans of a more "cosmic" brand of horror should find something to like with The Void.  As might those with a fondness for horror films of the 1980's and the use of physical effects over CGI.

I'd highly recommend everything that's come out of the Astron-6 team to date, although The Void is by no means typical of their output (it concentrates solely on horror and not the comedy-horror seen in their other productions.)
I liked the 80s throw back feel to it but the movie made zero sense.  It couldn't figure out whether it wanted to be a satanic cult film. monster movie, Alien, etc.   

I watched a Peruvian found footage movie called The Entity on Prime (the well really has run dry).  It was nothing original or particularly great overall but it did have some pretty good nightmare inducing scenes in it.  

Watched Webcast today.  It’s like a video journal/found footage flick about an English woman who suspects the neighbors abducted a girl.  It’s a slow burn with a reveal of dark witchcraft type stuff.  It wasn’t boring. 3/5

Watched The Prodigy last night.  Can't say I hated it--just seemed like a mishmash of other movies--the whole spirit of a serial killer inhabits someone else theme and then sprinkle in a little Omen vibe and you have this movie. I didn't fall asleep so I guess it had that going for it. 

It has been so long since I have watched a really scary movie. Maybe I am just numb to everything. 

Watched The Prodigy last night.  Can't say I hated it--just seemed like a mishmash of other movies--the whole spirit of a serial killer inhabits someone else theme and then sprinkle in a little Omen vibe and you have this movie. I didn't fall asleep so I guess it had that going for it. 

It has been so long since I have watched a really scary movie. Maybe I am just numb to everything. 
Just watched "Let me In" for the 5th time.  subtle horror at it's finest.  IMO.  sometimes what you imagine is far scarier than actually watching it.

4.5/5

Crescent Moon Clown

I think this is part of the Bad Ben series.  In any case, it’s terrible.  1.5/5
It’s sad you have wait until the end for the one and only amusing part of the entire movie

I just downloaded Bad Ben: The Mandela Effect.  I’m already regretting it.
Just finished this movie.  It was actually better that the Crescent Moon Clown, but that might have to do with with the length being right around 64 minutes. 2/5

Malevolent 

This was a much appreciated movie after another Bad Ben craptavaganza.  A fair amount of misdirection and not bad overall. 3.5/5

Toad Road

This film is pretty messed up based on what happened to the lead actress immediately after its premiere.  I kind of left me feeling the way I felt after seeing Martyrs (and I’ve only seen it once and won’t see it again). 4/5

Polaroid 

This movie seems like the base teenage group haunting/terrorizing/killing movie.  It maybe has a slight twist in the plot, but overall pretty darn obvious.  Dimension Films really puts out some turds these days. 2/5

Chained

This movie caught me off guard in a good way. I was expecting it to be a lot more superficial, but there’s a whole lot of subtext throughout the movie which I appreciated. Vincent D'Onofrio is quite convincing as a serial killer. 4/5

Await Further Instructions 

Definitely a different kind of alien invasion movie.  Very interesting plot and kept me guessing. 4/5 

I was listening to a podcast about them recently, so I tried to watch a couple of the Friday the 13th movies the other night.  :lol:     Man, that series went south quicker than I remember. 

Is this the remake with Chloe Moretz that came out, or is this a different Let Me In?? 
Apparently it is a remake, which I didn't know.  the one I watched 5 times was released in 2010.  Kind of surprised that Rotton Tomatos gave it 88% approval which is pretty good.

I thought Let the Right One In was much better.
For sure - I would recommend anybody watch that one, and think it's probably a top 3 horror movie of the 00s+.  (Weird how most at the top would be foreign horror movies).  

I think the remake is OK, but it felt like a shot for shot movie that they only did to cash in on people refusing to watch a movie with subtitles.  

Pretty sure Let the Right One In is on one of the streaming services - off the top of my head I think it's HULU.  

Interested o hear what you think since you like the remake so much. I saw the original first and it definitely influenced my opinion. The original had a much creepier vibe.
If I remember right, I think it's the standard American vs. foreign difference:  replacing creepiness and buildup with jump scares and gore.  

Watched "The Perfection" on Netflix the other night.  Not your typical horror movie, but more of a revenge flick.  Go into it blind like I did for maximum effect.  I'd say 3.5/5, but it kept me interested throughout.

If I remember right, I think it's the standard American vs. foreign difference:  replacing creepiness and buildup with jump scares and gore.  
It's been a while for me too but I remember more cgi in the American version, which always cheapens it.

Mom and Dad

Didn't really review the plot before watching it, but it’s not bad for a Nic Cage movie.  Kind of an interesting premise for a horror movie and definitely different. Kind of a take on zombie films in a sense, but different. 4/5

Mom and Dad

Didn't really review the plot before watching it, but it’s not bad for a Nic Cage movie.  Kind of an interesting premise for a horror movie and definitely different. Kind of a take on zombie films in a sense, but different. 4/5
Good to know...have had this on my  list for a while but haven't watched yet.

Users who are viewing this thread