What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (8 Viewers)

United's path:

PSG > Barca > Liverpool > City

Fully expect them to get knocked out here but you can't say they wouldn't deserve it if a miracle happens.

This "Prem being good in Champions League" thing is new to me. I just wrote a long joke I heard from some Nascar friends way back in the nineties that was pretty funny at the time but had to erase it because I knew it would take me forever to explain.

Updated punch line -- "I've only been watching for six years." 

I'll see myself out.

The Duck Alexandre Pato has terminated his contract with Chinese club Tianjin Quanjian making him an FA. Pato has offered his services to former club AC Milan. however with Piatek and Cutrone playing time could be scarce. Pato has received offers from his native Brazil and MLS clubs which might make more sense where he goes now

Kafka said:
What are they chanting?  "F U Station"?

Nevertheless, pretty cool.  Don't understand why I can't get into MLS, but I just cant'.  

#Euro Snob/Trash
I can't either. Not as long as they're organized in the manner that they are.

Bad Loss for Milan who were lucky they weren't down 3-0 by HT but Inter per usual this season missed plenty of Chances and then almost choked the lead at the end. Gattuso made some key decision to change the match for Milan and it was great seeing The San Siro alive last night. A better start by AC Milan and I think there's a better result. Inter further showed Former Captain Marco Incardi his future yesterday by not even including him. Real Madrid, Man U and other clubs have been given the ok. Incardi is viewed around E65-E68M

Also there's now reports from Gazeeto Dello Sport that Inter Curva Nord direct Racist chants at Frank Kessie of AC Milan with Monkey chants during first QTR of an Hr during the match . Inter's Curva Nord has already been subjected to discipline this year after Racist chants to Khouliby on Boxing Day. If the the investigation is shown true this will be the second time Inter supports have subjected Racist chants at Kessie as the last happened in Dec 2017. This is not something either side wants to see after such a performance by both clubs and a great match overall. To further rub salt in the wound theres reports Manager Luca Spalletti will be replaced at the end of the Season with Jose Mourinho which is great for Milan, Juve, Napoli, Roma etc. 

Poor display by United over the weekend.  They didn't look good from the start and didn't deserve to win.  Really can't complain about the result, even if you think VAR should have given United a PK on the handball.  And how they respond to losing 2 in a row and a poor performance will be another of many tests for Ole.  

Nice of VAR to rescind Lindelof's red, a yellow was the right call.  Too bad VAR wasn't available to rescind City's 2 goals so they would be out too.

Bad Loss for Milan who were lucky they weren't down 3-0 by HT but Inter per usual this season missed plenty of Chances and then almost choked the lead at the end. Gattuso made some key decision to change the match for Milan and it was great seeing The San Siro alive last night. A better start by AC Milan and I think there's a better result. Inter further showed Former Captain Marco Incardi his future yesterday by not even including him. Real Madrid, Man U and other clubs have been given the ok. Incardi is viewed around E65-E68M

Also there's now reports from Gazeeto Dello Sport that Inter Curva Nord direct Racist chants at Frank Kessie of AC Milan with Monkey chants during first QTR of an Hr during the match . Inter's Curva Nord has already been subjected to discipline this year after Racist chants to Khouliby on Boxing Day. If the the investigation is shown true this will be the second time Inter supports have subjected Racist chants at Kessie as the last happened in Dec 2017. This is not something either side wants to see after such a performance by both clubs and a great match overall. To further rub salt in the wound theres reports Manager Luca Spalletti will be replaced at the end of the Season with Jose Mourinho which is great for Milan, Juve, Napoli, Roma etc. 
Didn't know about the racist bs. Really wish the club and/or league would go scorched earth. Do that ####, no more fans at the next home game. No place in the modern game for that.

Btw, you neglected to mention that inter jumped past Mulan into 3rd with that win.

Also pleased that red was rescinded w var. Nasty challenge, and had he connected should have been a red...but he didn't.

Didn't know about the racist bs. Really wish the club and/or league would go scorched earth. Do that ####, no more fans at the next home game. No place in the modern game for that.

Btw, you neglected to mention that inter jumped past Mulan into 3rd with that win.

Also pleased that red was rescinded w var. Nasty challenge, and had he connected should have been a red...but he didn't.
Yeah I didn't see it until one of the Milan Blogs mentioned something and suggested it could've also been why Kessie Lashed out at Biglia on the sideline as he was rattled by the chants and played poorly. I checked a few other Italia soccer sites that mentioned the Gazette reporting it. 

Because up until a few mins ago I didn't realize they were in 4th ago. 

Yeah VAR actually saved one this time. Definitely wasn't a red and even watching it live didn't look like a red. YC yes but his trail right leg him not the left with Studs up. Also the Ref Guida took a nice tumble and shocked he wasn't hurt or hurt more severe. 

who has the Gotze boner picture on speed dial?

===================

The Swiss team must renounce the services of Xherdan Shaqiri in Georgia (23.3) and Denmark (26.3). The player suffers from inflammation in the pubic zone. Shaqiri left the team tonight. His replacement will be announced on Tuesday.

Kafka said:
What are they chanting?  "F U Station"?

Nevertheless, pretty cool.  Don't understand why I can't get into MLS, but I just cant'.  

#Euro Snob/Trash
FC Cincy...The Orange and Blue....The Bailey sings....As one for you....OOOOOHHHHOOOOHHH

I couldn't get into it either until I got a home squad.  It's great to be a part of a community rallying around a team like this. Last night was a total blast.

===================

The Swiss team must renounce the services of Xherdan Shaqiri in Georgia (23.3) and Denmark (26.3). The player suffers from inflammation in the pubic zone. Shaqiri left the team tonight. His replacement will be announced on Tuesday.
Who's making them do this? They'll beat the Bulldogs without him but Denmark has a guy or three (Gylfi!) who can hurt them.

Rome burnt, & Kafka wept...
Zaniolo & Under apparently up for sale if ASR dont qualify for UCL...

"First, they came for my Pjanic...

"Then, they came for my Salah...

...& my Allison... & my Radja...

...Now they come for my Zaniolo, my Under....

....next?  ...my very soul...

And on the the third day....

"My God, my God...why have you forsaken me?!

...Daniel Webster I am not!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't either. Not as long as they're organized in the manner that they are.
MY MAN!  Communist till the day he dies.  I'm taking it as your a Trotskyist,  believing in the universal proletariat revolution, whilst pragmatic Leninists realize communism doesn't work on any level, excepting the MLS SUPER FUTBOL REAL UNITED League...Amirite?

Forza Livorno

===================

Call your FA if your erection lasts more than four hours.

Oh dear, this is sounding more and more like Miami Fusion Take 2.  What an absolute cluster #### down there.  Twitter is from one of the owners of Inter Miami

==============================

Jorge Mas‏Verified account @Jorge__Mas

It could have been in Miami but ZERO ability to build world class complex. Their hands are tied by antiquated laws. Our parks are cow pastures and kids have to go to Orlando to play tourneys. Sad state of affairs in Miami Dade. Ft. Lauderdale displayed vision. Hats off to them.

Oh dear, this is sounding more and more like Miami Fusion Take 2.  What an absolute cluster #### down there.  Twitter is from one of the owners of Inter Miami

==============================

Jorge Mas‏Verified account @Jorge__Mas

It could have been in Miami but ZERO ability to build world class complex. Their hands are tied by antiquated laws. Our parks are cow pastures and kids have to go to Orlando to play tourneys. Sad state of affairs in Miami Dade. Ft. Lauderdale displayed vision. Hats off to them.
related- I read an article yesterday saying that NYCFC was going to make an announcement this year regarding new stadium. I assume that the announcement will be that they don't have a stadium site... but the article implied the opposite.

related- I read an article yesterday saying that NYCFC was going to make an announcement this year regarding new stadium. I assume that the announcement will be that they don't have a stadium site... but the article implied the opposite.
60-90 months is the time line I am sure :)

Spurs finally open their stadium today*

Its an U18 match v. Soton capped at 25,000 (I think).

Next match will be next weekend - a Spurs Legends v. Inter Legends match capped at 45,000

Then the league opener will be April 3 v. Crystal Palace, followed one week later by CL v. Man City

Better late, than never, I suppose...

Bittersweet moment of Oliver Skipp today - spends most of the season training with the senior team, but then gets to start the first match at the home stadium with the U18s...

Watched the LAFC, RSL game last night.  LAFC has a great atmosphere at their games.  I thought Orlando's was good but that was great to see.  Maybe if Orlando starts to win we can get back to that.

Looking for streaming suggestions as Hulu live is now $50/mo.  Its been good for me, with espn+, to get as much as I can handle watching.

What are y'all using for EPL + europe footy games?

Spurs finally open their stadium today*

Its an U18 match v. Soton capped at 25,000 (I think).

Next match will be next weekend - a Spurs Legends v. Inter Legends match capped at 45,000

Then the league opener will be April 3 v. Crystal Palace, followed one week later by CL v. Man City

Better late, than never, I suppose...
First Goal at the new stadium

Also nice to see new U18 coach Ryan Mason in the clip - who had to retire from playing after a vicious head injury

Users who are viewing this thread