What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (6 Viewers)

You know how managers like Pep are always complaining about having too many games in a short period of time?  I'm sure the formatting of this is going to suck, but since Bolivian football started back out, Bolivar has to play 10 games in 22 days

25/11/20COSBolívar2 - 1LanúsView events

27/11/20PRDOriente Petrolero3 - 4BolívarView events

01/12/20PRDAtlético Palmaflor1 - 0BolívarView events

02/12/20COSLanús6 - 2BolívarView events

04/12/20PRDBolívar2 - 0San JoséView events

06/12/20PRDBolívar18 : 00Royal Pari

08/12/20PRDNacional Potosí13 : 00Bolívar

12/12/20PRDBolívar14 : 00Guabirá

15/12/20PRDAurora17 : 30Bolívar

17/12/20PRDBolívar14 : 00Blooming

Last edited by a moderator:
UEFA WCQing groups

https://twitter.com/FIFAWorldCup/status/1336005254362636296?s=20

It seems very well balanced in general.  I don't expect any of the top seeds to struggle but the battle for second place in each group should be fun to watch.
Well I really wouldn't want to be the Dutch again.  No way anyone wanted Norway as the third in their group with Haaland's form.  Hungary's also an interesting 3rd for England with their recent form especially with a hardish #2 in Poland.  

I am not quite sure I understand what this means.  Is it a strong hint that MLS bought out Hanson, kind of like what they did back with Chivas USA?

===================

Miki Turner

@turneresq

Re: RSL. Garber says they've completed the investigation into allegations against Dell Loy Hansen. MLS is prepared to take over the sales process for RSL/Utah Soccer Holdings (excepting the Utah Royals). More likely than not they'll be taking over within the next 30 days.

Cripes...MLS announces almost $1 billion loss in revenue compared to last year, corona related. :shock:
yeah it is frightening even if he is over stating for CBA purposes.

What was significantly more bone chilling was the way Garber stated that they can not do that again next year and expect to survive :(

I am not at all confident that the vaccine will be in place country wide to have things back to normal for MLS.

yeah it is frightening even if he is over stating for CBA purposes.

What was significantly more bone chilling was the way Garber stated that they can not do that again next year and expect to survive :(

I am not at all confident that the vaccine will be in place country wide to have things back to normal for MLS.
I would say there's going to be a mass selling of players, but I'm not sure who is buying either...  Ugh

I wonder if the fiscal realities of Covid are moving this forward more quickly

=========

[david medrano felix] APPROVAL The North American League project already has the approval of FIFA AND CONCACAF. MLS and Liga MX are working on the regulations.

=========

[david medrano felix] APPROVAL The North American League project already has the approval of FIFA AND CONCACAF. MLS and Liga MX are working on the regulations.
I read this as relegations at first and my heart skipped a beat.  

I read this as relegations at first and my heart skipped a beat.  
:)

The tweet was translated so the English is rough.  I assume that means they are working out the details (how many teams, how it will be organized etc).  Sadly, relegation is probably not on the table unless they are making a closed two division type set up since they likely have a ton of teams between the two countries to organize.

=========

Twellman's interview with Garber released today confirmed they are working on this but Garber emphasized that this was all stuff that should be looked at as "way in the future" as the number of issues to solve are monumental.

NewlyRetired said:
I sometimes think Concacaf should just succeed from FIFA and start their own sport.

Look at this lunacy.  Team in red was down by 1, in the 89th minute.  This is how they tied the game and then eventually won in pk's to advance in the CCL.

https://streamable.com/y126ir
Wait a sec....that "goal" stood? :lol:  did the other team run a rugby play with their hands after that?

gianmarco said:
Omg... :wub:

I loved that Brazil team.  I still love that team.  I was gutted by that match.  
I knew absolutely nothing about soccer at the time - it was not a sport we had any exposure to in my hometown, not even in gym class much less any school teams or clubs.  Then I lived in New Zealand for a year and it happened to be a very rare year where they qualified for the world cup, so we watched the games.  I remember that Brazil team was a big favorite until they lost to Italy.  The single names, Zico, Falcao and of course Socrates.  Then Paulo Rossi ended it in that fantastic game.  Maradonna also played in that tournament.  My sister was in Spain at the time and bought me a poster that I still have - its framed and on the wall in my son's room.

edit: I googled and found the poster - its super cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Any compilation like these always has 1 or more Zidane highlights.  And usually his highlight isn't just one single moment of brilliance but typically a combination of genius moves. 
I've said my thing about zidane...but to reiterate- used to watch him on tv w Juve. Always looked like the opposition was giving him room, and kind of taking it easy on him. I couldn't figure it out. Saw him live once w RM- never seen a player run as much, with defenders draped all over him, and still have unearthly touch and vision during a full sprint with defenders kicking the crap out of him. All game. He became my favorite player from that one live game....just incredible.

I knew absolutely nothing about soccer at the time - it was not a sport we had any exposure to in my hometown, not even in gym class much less any school teams or clubs.  Then I lived in New Zealand for a year and it happened to be a very rare year where they qualified for the world cup, so we watched the games.  I remember that Brazil team was a big favorite until they lost to Italy.  The single names, Zico, Falcao and of course Socrates.  Then Paulo Rossi ended it in that fantastic game.  Maradonna also played in that tournament.  My sister was in Spain at the time and bought me a poster that I still have - its framed and on the wall in my son's room.

edit: I googled and found the poster - its super cool
That's pretty cool. I studied in Valladolid over the summer when I was in college.

RIP Paolo Rossi at 64 years old - damn.

1982 was my first world cup, which I watched with friends while living in New Zealand.  His hat trick against Brazil in one of the early knock out rounds probably decided that world cup.
This was a bit of a downer.

I wore 20 in college because of Rossi - and like others here really became a fan during the 1982 World Cup.

Austin FC acquired five players through separate trades as the Major League Soccer expansion side began to fill out its inaugural roster.

The Texas club obtained Nick Lima from the San Jose Earthquakes, Julio Cascante from the Portland Timbers, Ben Sweat from Inter Miami CF, Ulises Segura from DC United, and Jon Gallagher from Atlanta United FC, the clubs announced.

Austin sent San Jose $500,000 General Allocation Money (GAM) for Lima, Portland $250,000 GAM for Cascante, Miami $100,000 GAM for Sweat,$150,000 GAM for Segura, and $225,000 GAM to Atlanta for Gallagher.

Users who are viewing this thread