What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (10 Viewers)

5.  Places to consider regarding chafing.  Underarms, in between your thighs, around the edge of your sportsbra, your lady parts, etc. Go on a long run.  When you get back, strip naked and look for anything that may be anything a little red.  A little red becomes a lotta red over 50 miles.  Make sure you lube those areas.
It moved.     :unsure:

I'm sure a few of you know the name Tommy Rivers Puzey, a super talented runner in Flagstaff.  He's been posting on his Instagram from a hospital, where's he's been for a couple of weeks with COVID-like symptoms (it doesn't seem like he's tested positive, but that's not clear in what I've seen).  He took a turn for the worse the last 24 hours and is now on a ventilator, and apparently not responding well.  

If you're not familiar with him, here's a quick read from Matt Fitzgerald https://www.8020endurance.com/the-most-interesting-runner-in-the-world/, an excerpt:

There's a Go Fund Me linked on the above page for medical costs.  Just brutal, one of the fittest dudes on the planet barely hanging on to life with his lungs just ravaged.
This scares the absolute #### out of me. 

Hmmm....I haven't seen anything yet.  Relay or the whole event?

Indiana 100 was cancelled this weekend and it was an October event.
Sorry. I meant I am not doing it. They intend to go forward with the race in some form as it stands today. 

Speedgoat 50K in Utah is still supposed to run this weekend, looks like 201 entrants in the 50K and another 100 in the 25K.  It draws a competitive field typically, and there are a bunch of studs like Matt Daniels, Hayden Hawks, Jared Hazen, and Kelly Wolf on the entrants list (Tim Tollefson was supposed to run it, maybe he isn't now?).  Will be interesting to see who shows up and how it goes.

Pine to Palm 100M in Southern Oregon in September is still on, capped at 100 runners.  

Those are the only two races I'm aware of out here in the West that are still on the schedule.

FBG 10K Thread Biggest Sweater Competition 2020

Things are bound to be slow around here with all the races being cancelled.  So, how about a competition?  No, this is not about knitting.

Over the years we have had a number of posters brag about their sweating prowess. Their stories, frankly, seem too hard to believe for a normal sweater like myself.  I won’t name names.  We all know who they are.

But, can they back up their talk?  Do you think, you, the humble 10K thread contributor, have even more impressive sudoriparous glands than they do? Or, maybe, you just want to see where you stack up?

Rules:

1.  An attempt can be made for any activity (running, biking, kayaking, etc.) of your choice between July 21 and August 2.  You can enter as many attempts as you’d like.
  2. Activity must be between 30 minutes and 3 hours in length.
  3. Results will be measured by weight loss during the activity.  I know this may not be perfect but it’s what we got.
  4. Weight should be taken nude before the activity and within 10 minutes after it ends.
  5. Drinking and eating during the activity is acceptable and mass of what is ingested may be subtracted from final weight as long as long as the food/drink was measured beforehand.
  6. Urination, defecation and vomiting during the activity will be disqualifying unless said material is retained and weighed back in.  Spitting in moderation is OK but don’t do it as a weight loss technique.
  7. For each of your entries, you must enter weights, activity duration, and estimated suck index (estimates OK) in the spreadsheet here: Contest link (I'll build it out after there are a few entries)
Winners:

At the conclusion of the contest, I will announce winners in various categories including:

1. Most sweat in poundage for an activity
  2. Most sweat as a percentage of body weight lost per minute
  3. A special Juxt formula that hasn’t completely been written yet that will incorporate suck index and duration to find the truly most impressive performance.
Who’s in?

Things are bound to be slow around here with all the races being cancelled.  So, how about a competition?  No, this is not about knitting.

Over the years we have had a number of posters brag about their sweating prowess. Their stories, frankly, seem too hard to believe for a normal sweater like myself.  I won’t name names.  We all know who they are.

But, can they back up their talk?  Do you think, you, the humble 10K thread contributor, have even more impressive sudoriparous glands than they do? Or, maybe, you just want to see where you stack up?

Rules:

1.  An attempt can be made for any activity (running, biking, kayaking, etc.) of your choice between July 21 and August 2.  You can enter as many attempts as you’d like.
  3. Results will be measured by weight loss during the activity.  I know this may not be perfect but it’s what we got.
  4. Weight should be taken nude before the activity and within 10 minutes after it ends.
  5. Drinking and eating during the activity is acceptable and mass of what is ingested may be subtracted from final weight as long as long as the food/drink was measured beforehand.
  6. Urination, defecation and vomiting during the activity will be disqualifying unless said material is retained and weighed back in.  Spitting in moderation is OK but don’t do it as a weight loss technique.
  7. For each of your entries, you must enter weights, activity duration, and estimated suck index (estimates OK) in the spreadsheet here: Contest link (I'll build it out after there are a few entries)
Winners:

At the conclusion of the contest, I will announce winners in various categories including:

3. A special Juxt formula that hasn’t completely been written yet that will incorporate suck index and duration to find the truly most impressive performance.
Who’s in?
In

I could have done some heavy lifting for the sweat competition yesterday while I was cutting baseboards of all things. I went on a bike ride in 90 degree weather to cool off. 

Urination, defecation and vomiting during the activity will be disqualifying unless said material is retained and weighed back in.
Well if I hate running with water, I imagine I'm really going to hate running with a poop sack.

That said, if my butt is recovered (Day 2 of steroids, with no improvement) by then, I'm in.  Finally TX heat provides an advantage in a competition for me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rules:

Winners:

Who’s in?
Do I even need to bother with this?

If there's something I can handily beat this thread in, well..... You've found it.

Juxtatarot said:

Rules:

Winners:

Who’s in?
I’m in if you take rule 6 out.

My colon pretty much dictates a #ChiefD Approved poop will happen. I ain’t weighing my poop.

@JAA - Was it you who posted a while back about what his coach would tell him when his HR was low but his legs just felt like lead?

True story:

2 days ago, we ran in the morning in what was a stupid decision.  Conditions were just terrible with an SI of 165 (91/74).  We were running side by side when she looked over at me.  My shirt was completely drenched and soaked through.  My hair was completely wet.  I was dripping sweat from everywhere (arms, face, legs).  My wife looked at me and was horrified and said it was actually making her uncomfortable just looking at me.  She moved in front of me and I ran behind her the rest of the way so she didn't have to see and I didn't drip any sweat on her.

We were half mile into our run when that happened.

True story:

2 days ago, we ran in the morning in what was a stupid decision.  Conditions were just terrible with an SI of 165 (91/74).  We were running side by side when she looked over at me.  My shirt was completely drenched and soaked through.  My hair was completely wet.  I was dripping sweat from everywhere (arms, face, legs).  My wife looked at me and was horrified and said it was actually making her uncomfortable just looking at me.  She moved in front of me and I ran behind her the rest of the way so she didn't have to see and I didn't drip any sweat on her.

We were half mile into our run when that happened.
Honestly.  Why even wear a shirt?  Just go shirtless. 

Glad everyone is doing okay in here - some scary stuff recently.  Stay safe out there.

Run yesterday had a SI of 164, which has got to be close to a record for me.  Looking forward to putting an entry into the sweat log - curious as to where I fall compared to some of our more diaphoretic friends.

Oh man, so sorry  :cry:
Thanks.  Last four days have been terrible.  Buddy (our dog) had emergency surgery Thursday for a blockage.  Since then he's been basically motionless, unable to walk.  Peeing on himself, and we have to hand feed him.  He was clearly hurting and not getting better.  We were giving him pain meds as frequently as the vet would allow.

Today he was no better, and the vet said they were going to have to do surgery again, with no guarantee of success.

Buddy was getting aged (13ish) and we decided that the only reason we'd do the second surgery was to make us feel better that we'd tried everything.  Once we realized it was for us, and not for him, we decided to stop.  

He didn't deserve this.  Dogs don't deserve this.  We don't deserve dogs.  :cry:

Please give Summit some extra belly rubs today for Buddy.

Thanks.  Last four days have been terrible.  Buddy (our dog) had emergency surgery Thursday for a blockage.  Since then he's been basically motionless, unable to walk.  Peeing on himself, and we have to hand feed him.  He was clearly hurting and not getting better.  We were giving him pain meds as frequently as the vet would allow.

Today he was no better, and the vet said they were going to have to do surgery again, with no guarantee of success.

Buddy was getting aged (13ish) and we decided that the only reason we'd do the second surgery was to make us feel better that we'd tried everything.  Once we realized it was for us, and not for him, we decided to stop.  

He didn't deserve this.  Dogs don't deserve this.  We don't deserve dogs.  :cry:

Please give Summit some extra belly rubs today for Buddy.
So sorry for your loss. Can't imagine how tough that is. We all hate seeing our pups in pain. Sounds like Buddy had amazing people that cared about him for the entirety of his life. 

Honestly.  Why even wear a shirt?  Just go shirtless. 
I don't have the svelte physique that many of you Adonises have. 

But in all honesty, it's dumb, but just not something I ever do.  Especially when running around a bunch of people, which the lake/park we've been running around lately has.  I've done it a couple times recently at the end of a run when it's just ridiculous, but it really doesn't feel THAT much better. 

And, when I'm running with a pack lately, it's far more comfortable with a shirt than without. 

Kinda sorta considering doing the solo 50-miler at Fall 50 here in Wisconsin on October 24.  Per Facebook post this morning from the RD, the race is definitely happening, and given that I'm potentially doing two marathon-length runs and a 50K in September, it lines up well with my training.  The only thing holding me back is that it's a hilly course and 100% road (might need you for foot rubs, @tri-man 47).

But the scenery is beautiful, and the risk of it being warm/hot is low.

Users who are viewing this thread