Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson RB Arizona Cardinals

Recommended Posts

That fumble is all on Palmer. DJ was open in the flat and he is trying to get fancy. Inside the 10 you give the ball to the freak and let him do what he does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister CIA said:

THE   #1 player in FF. Would take him over any WR in a PPR league.

Ezekiel Elliott would like a word with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Ezekiel Elliott would like a word with you.

The edifferencediscuss Arians doesn't know when he should be running the ball.  Could have cost the cardinals a win today.  DJ would have easily had 10 or so more ff point to today had the cardinals employed some conventional logic.  

Just one of those days but as unusual and unlikely to be repeated as it was, there is no doubt there are about 3-4 awesome young rbs in the league at the same time and, sadly, Gurley is not among them (HE is a great talent but it will go wasted in LA at this point). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shutout said:

The edifferencediscuss Arians doesn't know when he should be running the ball.  Could have cost the cardinals a win today.  DJ would have easily had 10 or so more ff point to today had the cardinals employed some conventional logic.  

Just one of those days but as unusual and unlikely to be repeated as it was, there is no doubt there are about 3-4 awesome young rbs in the league at the same time and, sadly, Gurley is not among them (HE is a great talent but it will go wasted in LA at this point). 

I'm not so sure about gurley being one of them.  I know he's a high RD draft pick.  I know what he did in college, and I know what he did last year on a bad team (at times).  

I know that everyone is saying it's BC the Rams are bad.  But honestly the Rams pass offense is respectable these days.  It has been for over a month.  The o line is bad and has trouble run blocking, but there are rbs that can transcend that.  Gurley clearly isn't.  I think it's possible he might be overrated.  

Edited by rickyg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shutout said:

The edifferencediscuss Arians doesn't know when he should be running the ball.  Could have cost the cardinals a win today.  DJ would have easily had 10 or so more ff point to today had the cardinals employed some conventional logic.  

Just one of those days but as unusual and unlikely to be repeated as it was, there is no doubt there are about 3-4 awesome young rbs in the league at the same time and, sadly, Gurley is not among them (HE is a great talent but it will go wasted in LA at this point). 

I dunno. The cardinals had no success running the ball today. Johnson hit in the backfield a ton. Meanwhile they moved the ball at all in the air. Not the coaches fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rickyg said:

I'm not so sure about gurley being one of them.  I know he's a high RD draft pick.  I know what he did in college, and I know what he did last year on a bad team (at times).  

I know that everyone is saying it's BC the Rams are bad.  But honestly the Rams pass offense is respectable these days.  It has been for over a month.  The o line is bad and has trouble run blocking, but there are rbs that can transcend that.  Gurley clearly isn't.  I think it's possible he might be overrated.  

Good points.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I dunno. The cardinals had no success running the ball today. Johnson hit in the backfield a ton. Meanwhile they moved the ball at all in the air. Not the coaches fault.

Just my opinion but everyone runs on the Niners and the cards did too so I think that HAS to be on the coach.  There were just so many times in that game where they should have run and stayed with it and they paid for it when they didn't with turnovers.  

Run defense is a legit weakness of the Niners and the cards should have been able to leverage that.  Just my opinion but I think it's reasonable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley and DJ are both great players. One is on a good offense and one is on a bad offense. It's not any more complicated than that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Just my opinion but everyone runs on the Niners and the cards did too so I think that HAS to be on the coach.  There were just so many times in that game where they should have run and stayed with it and they paid for it when they didn't with turnovers.  

Run defense is a legit weakness of the Niners and the cards should have been able to leverage that.  Just my opinion but I think it's reasonable. 

It's the worst run defense in the league but for whatever reason there was no running room today. He had 19 carries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Over the last 3 weeks, all of Jordan Howard, Theo Riddick, and Rob Kelley have hit their career-highs in rushing yardage against Minnesota.

Scott Barrett Retweeted Scott Barrett

David Johnson this week

 

:wub::wub::wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

So you're saying I should start dj this week?

Unless you've got better options?

:lol:

 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Milkman said:

Gurley and DJ are both great players. One is on a good offense and one is on a bad offense. It's not any more complicated than that.

Perfect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot believe I even considered Gurley over this guy for a second when I learned I draw the #1 pick. Has saved my team from sure defeat a few times. I am little concerned on the O-line injury issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BigBlue_RI said:

I cannot believe I even considered Gurley over this guy for a second when I learned I draw the #1 pick. Has saved my team from sure defeat a few times. I am little concerned on the O-line injury issues.

The good thing about the o-line debacle is that Palmer is having no time to throw and is constantly checking down to DJ. I think he'll be fine the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun to head start up dynasty league #1 RB...  who you building your team around....

Johnson

Elliot

Bell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dansav said:

Gun to head start up dynasty league #1 RB...  who you building your team around....

Johnson

Elliot

Bell

 

Elliott; and I own both Johnson & Bell in a keeper league, but I'd take Elliott over either one.

Dallas o-line tips the scale for me.  Neither Pitt's or 'Zona's line are as impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elliott by a mile.  Much better line and a QB that's just getting his career going.  Plus Elliott is over 3 years younger than Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnson owner and I say Elliot, easily. Better O-line, young and impressive QB, with other solid offensive weapons. Arizona looks like it could be potentially entering a dark age in the coming years (mediocre to bad O-line and QB questions).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mancrush grows stronger every week. 

:wub:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He got hosed out of that early td or he could have had an even bigger game.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have most points in the league, wanted Zeke at #5, he went #3, chose Lamar Miller over Johnson.  One of the bigger blunders in my FF career.  Killed me today with that last catch over 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is anyone worried about him dynasty-wise if this is Palmer and Fitz's last year?  Or can he not be Gurley'd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's in on 3rd downs he'll be a RB1 no matter what and it would be crazy to not throw him the ball. He's like the best pass catching back in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PFF tweeted out their top 5 backs in terms of forced missed tackles.

1. David Johnson at 59

2nd was Demarco with 43, 3rd and 4th were at 41 and 5th was 39.

Practically 20 more than the next four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Run It Up said:

PFF tweeted out their top 5 backs in terms of forced missed tackles.

1. David Johnson at 59

2nd was Demarco with 43, 3rd and 4th were at 41 and 5th was 39.

Practically 20 more than the next four.

LeVeon has got to be close or better on a per game basis but DJ is right there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't thrown DJ a :wub: in a while.

he's still my boo, and makes my pickle dance. :pickle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing is being a Cardinals fan and owning him in 3 out of 4 leagues. It's so fun watching him in FF and cheering for him in real life. I just hope he keeps this up for a few more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew74 said:

So is anyone worried about him dynasty-wise if this is Palmer and Fitz's last year?  Or can he not be Gurley'd?

Anyone can be Gurley'd, but are you really going to sell him because you are trying to predict the future of Cardinals? Maybe they go get Romo, or draft their version of Dak. It is usually a losing strategy in dynasty leagues to trade super talented players because of what might happen.

Look at what happened if someone sold Fitzgerald because Warner retired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew74 said:

So is anyone worried about him dynasty-wise if this is Palmer and Fitz's last year?  Or can he not be Gurley'd?

No one they draft or pick up via FA can possibly be worse than Palmer has been this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

No one they draft or pick up via FA can possibly be worse than Palmer has been this year. 

People thought that about Manning in Denver last year, yet they came frighteningly close to rolling into the season with Brock Osweiler...  Just sayin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rickyg said:

Looks like he's being underutilized again though.  

I'm not sure what you mean by this but Arizona is riding him and he's on his way to a 30 point game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Milkman said:

He's the best PPR RB in FF.

He's the best player in fantasy right now. Period. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't had this automatic a stud at the position since the days of Priest and LT2. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.