What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (5 Viewers)

6-iron from 216...3-wood from 345...he plays a different game.
I like while going through the round with Nantz afterwards he talked about being 145 yards out and "just needing a little wedge" to get it close. :lol:
It's crazy. And yes he has rare rotation and good strength...but he hits it so freaking solid the ball just goes higher and farther.

If I pay for a round of golf for me and my buddy including cart for each of us, can we use two separate carts? We figured since we're each paying for a cart in the price, we should be allowed to each have our own which should enable us to play faster. We only have about 3 hours to work with before darkness.

If I pay for a round of golf for me and my buddy including cart for each of us, can we use two separate carts? We figured since we're each paying for a cart in the price, we should be allowed to each have our own which should enable us to play faster. We only have about 3 hours to work with before darkness.
Why can't you just share a cart with Rory? He'd probably play 18 in 90 minutes without you.

Probably not. I guess it depends. You're paying for a 1/2 cart and they probably just let it slide for the odd man if someone goes out in a threesome. Wouldn't hurt to ask but my guess is they say no unless the course is dead. Or they say yes and charge you for it.

2 of you in 1 cart assuming no one in front of you should play 3 hours easy

Probably not. I guess it depends. You're paying for a 1/2 cart and they probably just let it slide for the odd man if someone goes out in a threesome. Wouldn't hurt to ask but my guess is they say no unless the course is dead. Or they say yes and charge you for it.
Technically, I'm paying for a whole cart. Its 23 to walk and 30 for cart included and I'm paying 60 for the both of us. So I'm paying 30 for the cart included for each us regardless of whether each other plays. And yes, its pretty cheap, but its twilight hours rate and its a cheap public course to begin with.

2 of you in 1 cart assuming no one in front of you should play 3 hours easy
You haven't seen us play.

Lol. Drive drop off.

drive to other.

first guy needs to do a little walking or vice versa

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, I'm paying for a whole cart. Its 23 to walk and 30 for cart included and I'm paying 60 for the both of us. So I'm paying 30 for the cart included for each us regardless of whether each other plays.
Right...you are paying for one cart. You get one cart. Private course, sure go for it if you are a member. Don't forget all the bag and cart guys working late and it's one more cart to clean and park.

Technically, I'm paying for a whole cart. Its 23 to walk and 30 for cart included and I'm paying 60 for the both of us. So I'm paying 30 for the cart included for each us regardless of whether each other plays. And yes, its pretty cheap, but its twilight hours rate and its a cheap public course to begin with.
You're paying for two 1/2 carts. They'll give you a 2nd cart if you kick in another 14 bucks i'm guessing. Unless the course is dead you're likely to hit traffic anyway. One should be fine.

You're paying for two 1/2 carts. They'll give you a 2nd cart if you kick in another 14 bucks i'm guessing. Unless the course is dead you're likely to hit traffic anyway. One should be fine.
Willie is right. Carts are typically charged as 1/2 cart per person. 2 people = 1 cart. Lots of times if you only have a 3-some, the course will accomodate that and allow 3 half cart charges for 2 full carts, but there are some places that won't do that.

By your theory a course should have double the cart inventory.

Willie is right. Carts are typically charged as 1/2 cart per person. 2 people = 1 cart. Lots of times if you only have a 3-some, the course will accomodate that and allow 3 half cart charges for 2 full carts, but there are some places that won't do that.

By your theory a course should have double the cart inventory.
sorry if I'm a little slow. If I played by myself, it's 30. I could see if I had to pony up another 7 for the other half but I don't. I can see them not allowing them doing what I'm proposing so that they don't have to have double the carts.

its not just the wear on the cart fleet, but its more stress on the golf course. more soil impact, more chance of some knucklehead breaking grass or getting into wet area. that said, they'd probably let you if you asked, especially if you made something up like one of you might have to leave early. but there is no reason two people shouldn't be able to play in less than 3 hours with one cart. just think about what you're doing. guy closest to line of play gets dropped off while other guy finds his ball and hits, other guy has already hit and is walking toward the green, gets picked up, repeat. once both balls are within 15 yards of the green park the cart up by the green where the cart path is the shortest distance from the hole.

Royal County Down and Portrush are the two courses I really wish I would have played when I went to Ireland. So much great golf. RCD looks amazing.

Was looking at the US Open course in WA. Wow that's gonna be interesting. 7500 yd part 70 links style. Apparently the greens are inconsistent too.

Was looking at the US Open course in WA. Wow that's gonna be interesting. 7500 yd part 70 links style. Apparently the greens are inconsistent too.
Posted this in the premature US Open thread, but you can play it and it's about as realistic as it gets using the WGT app

It's lots of fun. Supposedly everything is pretty much 100% accurate

"One of the things that's unique to this is the architects put in what they refer to it as ribbon tees, these tees that just kind of meander. And it allows us to put tee markers where we want. And in some cases we may end up putting tee markers on slight slopes as opposed to you think, well, you're always going to have teeing markers on very flat areas. But there may be some where we give the players a little downhill slope, a little uphill slope, a side slope. So that's interesting."

"One of the things that's unique to this is the architects put in what they refer to it as ribbon tees, these tees that just kind of meander. And it allows us to put tee markers where we want. And in some cases we may end up putting tee markers on slight slopes as opposed to you think, well, you're always going to have teeing markers on very flat areas. But there may be some where we give the players a little downhill slope, a little uphill slope, a side slope. So that's interesting."
:lol:

F'n Davis.

Nothing pisses me off more than uneven tee boxes. Slopes in the fairway you can strategize around.

Nothing pisses me off more than uneven tee boxes. Slopes in the fairway you can strategize around.
Yup. I love the idea.

Mike Davis hasn't caused this much consternation since he spoke at a PGA TOUR players meeting about the evils of the long putter.

Only this time, he was extolling the virtues of Chambers Bay.

Maybe to a fault.

The USGA's executive director hosted a preview of the mysterious U.S. Open course south of Seattle and suggested that even the best in golf will have little chance unless they arrive early and play often.

"The idea of coming in and playing two practice rounds and having your caddie just walk it and using your yardage book, that person's done," Davis said. "Will not win the U.S. Open."

In the three weeks since that bold prediction, the reaction has been, well, predictable.

"We'll play for second," former U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson said at Quail Hollow with no shortage of sarcasm.

"What's Mike Davis' handicap?" asked Rory McIlroy, another U.S. Open champion and the best player in the world, something Davis is not. It was a playful reminder that amateurs who run tournaments should not underestimate the skill of those who do this for a living.

No amount of chirping would be complete without Ian Poulter weighing in. Never mind that Poulter has never seen Chambers Bay. He listened to a few players who made scouting trips on their way to the Match Play Championship and tweeted, "The reports back are its a complete farce. I guess someone has to win."

The U.S. Open begins June 18. In some respects, it already has started.
http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/news/2015/05/20/us-open-mike-davis.html

Looks like Chambers Bay is the home course for Michael Putnam...

And Spieth's caddy caddied there for some time.

Any other golfers that know this course?

(asking for fantasy golf picks)

Mike Davis hasn't caused this much consternation since he spoke at a PGA TOUR players meeting about the evils of the long putter.

Only this time, he was extolling the virtues of Chambers Bay.

Maybe to a fault.

The USGA's executive director hosted a preview of the mysterious U.S. Open course south of Seattle and suggested that even the best in golf will have little chance unless they arrive early and play often.

"The idea of coming in and playing two practice rounds and having your caddie just walk it and using your yardage book, that person's done," Davis said. "Will not win the U.S. Open."

In the three weeks since that bold prediction, the reaction has been, well, predictable.

"We'll play for second," former U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson said at Quail Hollow with no shortage of sarcasm.

"What's Mike Davis' handicap?" asked Rory McIlroy, another U.S. Open champion and the best player in the world, something Davis is not. It was a playful reminder that amateurs who run tournaments should not underestimate the skill of those who do this for a living.

No amount of chirping would be complete without Ian Poulter weighing in. Never mind that Poulter has never seen Chambers Bay. He listened to a few players who made scouting trips on their way to the Match Play Championship and tweeted, "The reports back are its a complete farce. I guess someone has to win."

The U.S. Open begins June 18. In some respects, it already has started.
http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/news/2015/05/20/us-open-mike-davis.html
not sure i get your point. that players think usga is going too far with the course? thats always been the case. if the players aren't complaining, its not a real us open.

I know we are all supposed to hate Reed, but I love the way he is when he's on the golf course. More so than any other golfer he seems locked in...doesn't ever give a nod to the fans, doesn't do anything but look at this ball, his shot, and the green. I've never even seen him take a sip of water or make small talk with his caddy or another player.

In a way I sort of respect that, I think it's indicative that he's probably the most competitive person on the tour and would club baby seals to death on the course to win.

I know we are all supposed to hate Reed, but I love the way he is when he's on the golf course. More so than any other golfer he seems locked in...doesn't ever give a nod to the fans, doesn't do anything but look at this ball, his shot, and the green. I've never even seen him take a sip of water or make small talk with his caddy or another player.

In a way I sort of respect that, I think it's indicative that he's probably the most competitive person on the tour and would club baby seals to death on the course to win.
Dude, now the whiny people from the US Open thread are going to come in here.

Dude, now the whiny people from the US Open thread are going to come in here.
Sorry bad bump given the timing :lol:

i didn't want to derail all the hating on Fox going on in there. And we discussed Reed at length in here in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread