What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Political Correctness Police (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
LINK

Lego is getting flak for describing a new toy as "part frog, part chicken, part back-of-the-bus window-licker".

This one is so strange, I actually thought a different group was going to be the group that was offended. :shrug:

I, for one, welcome our new window-licking overlords.

(I also have never heard that term used before in connection with that group)

I definitely don't consider myself part of the PC police, but I think the term "back-of-the-bus window-licker" is pretty offensive. I think it is clearly a term that has been used to denigrate children with learning disabilities. I'm shocked that a major company managed to let that one slide by.

I've never heard that expression, and had to read the article's comments to be sure who was offended.
I actually thought a certain group was going to be offended for the "back-of-the-bus" part, and I thought that was ridiculous. The real story trumped that tenfold.

I definitely don't consider myself part of the PC police, but I think the term "back-of-the-bus window-licker" is pretty offensive. I think it is clearly a term that has been used to denigrate children with learning disabilities. I'm shocked that a major company managed to let that one slide by.
It would've slid by me. Never heard that insult before.

I thought that was more like the kids who liked to act up and fake faces at the people driving behind the bus; like wild, rebellious little kids

LINK

Lego is getting flak for describing a new toy as "part frog, part chicken, part back-of-the-bus window-licker".

This one is so strange, I actually thought a different group was going to be the group that was offended. :shrug:
We live in a terrible time where the media is controlled by Hollywood and while all the real men are hard at work... all the wimps and women are complaining about what they see and hear on TV. Pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your ignorance of middle school bus insults doesn't make them any less offensive.

There is a clear consensus definition of "window licker" on UrbanDictionary:

"A ####### who sits in the back of the sunshine bus, licking the window whilst staring at you"

"Derived from the stereotyped behaviour of mentally challenged people, observed to place their open mouths into prolongued contact with the external windows of public or private transport on which they are seated."

"A windowlicker is a derogatory, informal description of someone with severe learning disabilities and/or a physical incapacity which renders them helpless when faced with the prospect of seeing a stranger through a window without smearing their mucus covered tongues all over the glass, possibly as some kind of ####### greeting."

"A mentally challenged person, a mentally ######ed person(derogatory)"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=window+licker

I am offended that too many of you never heard the term "Window-Licker"?!?! Did you guys ride the short bus or what?

LINK

We live in a terrible time where the media is controlled by Hollywood and while all the real men are hard at work... all the wimps and women are complaining about what they see and hear on TV. Pathetic.
Are you offended by it?

of course the term "window-licker" is offense. I've worked with ######s and that term really gets them riled up.

I was trying to think of a product Lego could come up with that would not be offensive to anyone and the only thing I could think of was a blue square block.

But then that would be offensive to stupid depressed nerds. Time to shutdown Lego entirely...

'GMA's' Amy Robach says on-air racial slur 'a mistake'

NEW YORK (AP) — "Good Morning America" co-anchor Amy Robach has apologized for saying "colored people" on Monday's broadcast of the ABC program.

Her use of the term sparked criticism on social media. "Offensive," tweeted one viewer. Another said Robach "gets a pass this time" but vowed to ditch "GMA" for a rival morning program if it happened again.

During a segment on diversity in Hollywood, Robach, who was substituting for Robin Roberts, noted recent criticism for casting white actors "in what one might assume should be a role reserved for colored people."

After the broadcast, Robach released a statement explaining she had meant to say "people of color."

She called the incident "a mistake" and "not at all a reflection of how I feel or speak in my everyday life."

The words used to describe African-Americans have evolved over time to from words like Negro, colored, Afro-American to the current black, African-American and people of color, said Deborah E. McDowell, director of the University of Virginia's Carter G. Woodson Institute for African-American and African Studies.

"We no longer use the term colored people, although once upon a time that was a term in use," McDowell said. "Now the preferred usage is people of color if you are speaking about people of color broadly. If you are referring specifically to African-Americans, people will frequently be specific and refer to us as African-Americans."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/gmas-amy-robach-says-on-air-racial-slur-a-mistake/ar-BBvUD0O?ocid=ansmsnent11&OCID=ansmsnnews11

- While I agree with this call - I have always thought 'CP' (like 'colored') was a rude and racist term - I can't get over how the phrase 'people of color' has come into vogue. I see zero substantive difference in the terms.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/gmas-amy-robach-says-on-air-racial-slur-a-mistake/ar-BBvUD0O?ocid=ansmsnent11&OCID=ansmsnnews11

- While I agree with this call - I have always thought 'CP' (like 'colored') was a rude and racist term - I can't get over how the phrase 'people of color' has come into vogue. I see zero substantive difference in the terms.
 I know exactly how they feel.  I am okay with being called 'people of stupidity" but am really offended when referred to as stupid people.  

This is what happens when people are nervous to speak on a topic and tip toe around trying not to offend. Reminds me of the CNN(?) broadcaster who called a black person from France an African-American. 

There are stupid PC things to complain about, but this ain't one of them. I don't think anyone on this board would say it's fine to make fun of people with mental disabilities.

Apparently no one at Lego ever heard this very well-known term either.

Well, other than the idiot who suggested it of course.

This is what happens when people are nervous to speak on a topic and tip toe around trying not to offend. Reminds me of the CNN(?) broadcaster who called a black person from France an African-American. 
What are you trying to say here exactly?

That they used "window-licker" instead of "r-e-t-a-r-d" like they really wanted to?

Users who are viewing this thread