What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Inside Out - New Pixar Movie (1 Viewer)

lakerstan

Footballguy
Sounds like Pixar and Disney did well again, based on early reviews. 100% on the Tomato meter with 34 reviews in.

It was great as Pixar nearly always is. Very clever and fun. And the lead character is a young female hockey player from MN so you gotta love that. Can't wait to see it again with my kids.

Are they making these movies overseas these days? I heard they do the story board, etc. Here and then most of the computer work is outsourced to cheaper labor markets.

Saw this Thursday night. Really enjoyed it. Intelligent plot will keep adults and kids entertained. The animation was excellent and they did a few things that went out on a limb for a mainstream film. This one could be a classic...

Saw it last night.

The Lava short was excellent.

The main movie was also very very good. Wife and 16 year old daughter loved it. Both cried a touch during movie. Not me, I just got something in my eye.....

Chalk up another winner for Pixar imo.

Are they making these movies overseas these days? I heard they do the story board, etc. Here and then most of the computer work is outsourced to cheaper labor markets.
Pixar films are made 100% in their headquarters in Emeryville, CA.

(Since they shut down their Vancouver office, Emeryville is back to being their only location)

Just saw it. It wasn't bad, but there was something about it that seemed to drag.

My 8 year old daughter said she did not like it. When I tried to get why, she just said she didn't like it and thought it was a little boring.

I too, must have gotten something in my eye at the end.

And I thought the lava short was awful. Looks like I am in the minority on this one. My 5 year old son said he did like it.

Just saw it. It wasn't bad, but there was something about it that seemed to drag.

My 8 year old daughter said she did not like it. When I tried to get why, she just said she didn't like it and thought it was a little boring.

I too, must have gotten something in my eye at the end.

And I thought the lava short was awful. Looks like I am in the minority on this one. My 5 year old son said he did like it.
I didn't care for the lava short either. The movie was OK, some very funny moments, but overall it didn't live up to other Pixar movies.

Took 16 10 you yesterday for my son's birthday. Everyone enjoyed it but I wouldn't say they were raving.

I really liked it; thought it was pretty smart little flick.

Pixar had me worried since Cars 2. Makes me feel better about future films.

Just got back from watching with two girls, 9, 11. Big hit with them - a lot of knowing glances throughout the movie. 9 yo could not stop laughing at the end when anger got ahold of the curse word list - I should probably be very scared.

Saw this with my 4-year old son and 7-year old daughter today. We all loved it. The theater was a little too dusty, but the movie was really good. My daughter talked about it the whole way home.

Nope.
See post #23. Also...saw it with the family today (wife, 10 and 5 yr old sons).

Thought the short was very Meh.

Thought the movie was good but not great. Pixar definitely playing the sentimentality angle in many of their last few films (Toy Story 3, Up) so there were lots of parents sniffing at times during this film.

Nicely done. Looked great (as expected) but the kids aren't raving. We'll see when the DVD comes out if they do any repeat watching of this one. I doubt it, honesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was great. I did think there was a 15-20 minute period where it was dragging pretty bad, but aside from that was exceptional.

Lava short was horrid

Nope.

Thought the movie was good but not great. Pixar definitely playing the sentimentality angle in many of their last few films (Toy Story 3, Up) so there were lots of parents sniffing at times during this film.

Nicely done. Looked great (as expected) but the kids aren't raving. We'll see when the DVD comes out if they do any repeat watching of this one. I doubt it, honesty.
agreed on the rewatch factorLike I said, I didn't think it was bad but would be OK never seeing it again. I can watch Wreck it Ralph every time its on.

Inside Out was very well done, but I thought the subject matter was a little TOO deep for kids and unlikely to get them very excited. My 6 year old loves the Toy Story movies and Cars movies, but was pretty bored with this one. It honestly felt like more of an adult movie than a kid movie.

And I agree that the Lava short wasn't very good. Boring, predictable, and didn't engage me emotionally like it wanted to.

Nope.

agreed on the rewatch factorLike I said, I didn't think it was bad but would be OK never seeing it again. I can watch Wreck it Ralph every time its on.
Totally agree about Wreck It Ralph. Disney Animation nailed it with that one.

I feel this same about Lego Movie and Despicable Me 2. Can watch them over

and over with the kids. They never get old.

chet said:
Took 16 10 you yesterday for my son's birthday. Everyone enjoyed it but I wouldn't say they were raving.
Took the 8 and 3 (almost 4) yos. pretty much the same. thought it was solid, and definitely hit the emotions well (appropriate, given the story-line). I think it was a bit old for the 3yo- probably better for the 8-preteen set (same age as the kid).

definitely some funny stuff for the adults.

kept trying to figure out what the Lava thing had to do with the story... wasn't blown away by that one either.

chet said:
Took the 8 and 3 (almost 4) yos. pretty much the same. thought it was solid, and definitely hit the emotions well (appropriate, given the story-line). I think it was a bit old for the 3yo- probably better for the 8-preteen set (same age as the kid).

kept trying to figure out what the Lava thing had to do with the story... wasn't blown away by that one either.
lava was just a short. Had nothing to do with the movie. Almost all Disney movies have shorts before them these days. I dont remember which movie it was, but the dog who finds the guys ex girlfriend was much better than this one imo

GroveDiesel said:
Inside Out was very well done, but I thought the subject matter was a little TOO deep for kids and unlikely to get them very excited. My 6 year old loves the Toy Story movies and Cars movies, but was pretty bored with this one. It honestly felt like more of an adult movie than a kid movie.

And I agree that the Lava short wasn't very good. Boring, predictable, and didn't engage me emotionally like it wanted to.
My 6 year got a lot of it, but I explained the concept to her in advance so she understood going in. Gave me a chance to talk to her about emotions after.

Too much is being made of the Lava short - it was just an overly sappy intro cartoon.

chet said:

I think 5 would be generally the youngest that they would understand the concept but it's a universal movie for everyone old enough to understand it.

A-

Was starting to get a little predictable but then the ending

When Riley came back to the house and then started crying, damn, :cry: :cry: .

And then I loved how Joy gave the happy memories to Sadness, my daughter and I were :cry: :cry: . My son tried to hide it, but I saw him wipe away a tear
Weren't many chuckles, but the "Forget it Jake, it's Cloudtown" got me laughing

And Lava was just not engaging to me

Users who are viewing this thread