What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BattleBots! It's back. (2 Viewers)

no one is going to beat that big lawnmower one i think it is tombstone he just chops people to bits it is crazy someone needs to make a robot that just blows up and takes the other guy out on the way out to beat that guy take that to the bank
I feel like the only way you're going to beat him is to just take a sacrificial hit, hope it doesn't kill you, then you just have to jam him up and push him around.

There have been some good horizontal spinners in the past on BB, but none of them seem to get up to speed as quickly as Tombstone. That was always the thing with the past ones, if you just stayed on them, and let them hit you at lower speed and jam the blade, you had about 3-4 seconds where you could hit them while it came up to speed. With tombstone, it seems to just rev up so quickly that you don't have that window.

I agree that the only way anyone is beating it is to flip it quickly onto the screws or something where it can't get back off.
There's been a few bots that have beaten earlier versions of Tombstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzZa_5Vdcy02007 - he takes the hit and targets the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qifn6Y_2EQI This guy was able to absorb the hit, push Tombstone around a bit until the motor on his horizontal blade failed
These both have a steel shell/wedge that is thick enough that it can take the hit. Given that, maybe Witch Doctor with their new wedge on front can take the hit. Bronco looks like the front and sides might be able to take a direct hit, and their flipper looks to be solid steel.

I want to see Tombstone hit the little flamer bot on Witch Doctor as the thing is shooting fire and turn into a giant fireball.

A good enough driver could probably use Tombstone's weapon against it. Get behind it and push it into the wall, or lift it up high enough that the blade hits the ground. Kinetic energy is a two-way street.

no one is going to beat that big lawnmower one i think it is tombstone he just chops people to bits it is crazy someone needs to make a robot that just blows up and takes the other guy out on the way out to beat that guy take that to the bank
I feel like the only way you're going to beat him is to just take a sacrificial hit, hope it doesn't kill you, then you just have to jam him up and push him around.

There have been some good horizontal spinners in the past on BB, but none of them seem to get up to speed as quickly as Tombstone. That was always the thing with the past ones, if you just stayed on them, and let them hit you at lower speed and jam the blade, you had about 3-4 seconds where you could hit them while it came up to speed. With tombstone, it seems to just rev up so quickly that you don't have that window.

I agree that the only way anyone is beating it is to flip it quickly onto the screws or something where it can't get back off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzZa_5Vdcy02007 - he takes the hit and targets the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qifn6Y_2EQI This guy was able to absorb the hit, push Tombstone around a bit until the motor on his horizontal blade failed
I like how that bot in the second video moves (side to side). Pretty cool. Must have wheels or something underneath that you can't see.

i like that one in the first video it spins around to so you have two werling dervishes that blast in to each other and the result is pure fun for audicnes of all ages bam take that to the spinning pile of death bank brochachos

I like how that bot in the second video moves (side to side). Pretty cool. Must have wheels or something underneath that you can't see.
Yah it looks badass while doing it to. It handled Tombstone pretty easily. Although I still think the flamethrower is the stupidest weapon in these.

Are projectile explosives allowed in these matches? What's to stop one from being a mobile m-1000 launcher?

Are projectile explosives allowed in these matches? What's to stop one from being a mobile m-1000 launcher?
The fact that they don't want one of these launching them into the stands when it starts to get flipped or on its side. So no, they're not allowed.

i like that one in the first video it spins around to so you have two werling dervishes that blast in to each other and the result is pure fun for audicnes of all ages bam take that to the spinning pile of death bank brochachos
Like that highly touted Warhead bot. Not real effective, but created some amazing slow motion replays when it'd fly through the air.

I still don't understand how Radio Active planned on beating anything. They had to test these bots out before, right?

I still don't understand how Radio Active planned on beating anything. They had to test these bots out before, right?
To be fair, it did beat something. It made it to the final bracket. No idea how it happened though. The axe was worthless and the body was plastic

To be fair, it did beat something. It made it to the final bracket. No idea how it happened though. The axe was worthless and the body was plastic
I believe the other bot failed on it's own. There was a reason why that match didn't get shown. It was just 2 bots moving about slowly until one failed or got stuck.

And no idea why teams are still making ax bots. Never seen one do well. They never do any damage as the bot either doesn't swing the axe with enough power or isn't heavy enough and just ends up lifting itself off the ground.

axe bots and flamer bots never work so i would not make those pincher bots seems to work sometimes but really the best thing seems to just be an exposed lawnmower deck are they allowed to have gas motors on these things because frankly i think i would just armor the hell out of a five horse briggs push mower and drive that death machine around cutting the crap out of everything which is sort of what tombstone is brohans

axe bots and flamer bots never work so i would not make those pincher bots seems to work sometimes but really the best thing seems to just be an exposed lawnmower deck are they allowed to have gas motors on these things because frankly i think i would just armor the hell out of a five horse briggs push mower and drive that death machine around cutting the crap out of everything which is sort of what tombstone is brohans
Icewave uses a gas motor for it's weapon. But there's a weight limit for the bots, so the gas motor means a lot less armor.

Yah it looks badass while doing it to. It handled Tombstone pretty easily. Although I still think the flamethrower is the stupidest weapon in these.
Don't discount "Alcoholic Step Father" as perhaps the best bot name ever.

I think if you built this bot, but got rid of the stupid flamethrower, and just used the extra weight for more powerful drive motors and more armor, you'd have a pretty beast robot. The side-stepping agility is really cool.

i think a gas powered lawnmower where the blade spins around the entire robot not just off of one side with the weak point wheels underneath so that you have to drive through the blade to get at them would be pretty damned tuff and i would name it do you even lift bro take that to the bank

i think a gas powered lawnmower where the blade spins around the entire robot not just off of one side with the weak point wheels underneath so that you have to drive through the blade to get at them would be pretty damned tuff and i would name it do you even lift bro take that to the bank
Like this?

What about hydrochloric acid? Spray it all over the other robot and then just run away from it the whole time while it dissolves into a pile of goo.

I'd like to see a robot with a few punching arms that come out of it. Maybe using forced air or something. Make the arms longer than any offensive weapon that it might come across. Defense and offense all at the same time.

Like this?
pretty damned much brohan take that to the bank maybe make the top dome shaped tho to deflect blows better if you know what i mean

A good enough driver could probably use Tombstone's weapon against it. Get behind it and push it into the wall, or lift it up high enough that the blade hits the ground. Kinetic energy is a two-way street.
:goodposting:

My :moneybag: is on Bronco in their match up.

i think witch doctor might have been ok without the shield maybe that wheel thing on top could have made it move or whatever but it basically totally won that battle until it went upside down armor it is what is for dinner brochachos

Why on God's green Earth do these guys not prepare for being flipped over?

It's the lamest way to lose.
:goodposting:

Just make a round top that always rolls over...
A pneumatic arm would probably work better. What's worse is that Witch Doctor had that match in the bag after it broke Tombstone's blade. Tombstone would have had to run for the rest of the match.

I wonder what rules are in place as far as what spare parts the teams can use/bring. Like the one robot that had it's spinning blade broken, how do you not have a spare just in case? Tombstone said they had one blade left. Only one? 95% of your robot's success depends on that blade. I'd be sure to have one for each possible match, just in case.

for tombstone it might be a matter of cost that looks like some pretty hardened steel on those blades and that does get pricy also i think this thing was probably shot over days not weeks and then broken up in to episodes so who knows take that to the bank bromigos

Don't understand why tombstone went back in at the end - already had it won. Did look cool though.
The top opening up and all the batteries flopping out was funny. Take the big shot on a helpless opponent and give yourself big troubles. Actually since they were upside down, that was the bottom falling off the robot, makes it seem that much worse.

Bite Force has the best driver. Most traction and push, has shoved bots in all matches so far and pushed them all across the mat.

That was a pretty good battle. The traps in the corner don't do much damage. It took a few hammers that didn't do much.

The final episode had everything I wanted...a brutal bloodbath in the opening match. A great underdog driver overcoming the brute force of the favorite. Spice it up with a silly three-way dance. Wonderful hour of tv.

I think Tombstone going for the killshot in the semifinals screwed up its batteries going into the finals.

i am glad tombstone did not win that sucker is the new york yankees and duke combined of battlebots screw the yankees and ratface take that to the bank brohans

Users who are viewing this thread