What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charcandrick WEST - Should we be talking about this kid ? (1 Viewer)

I think its all but a certainty, given what he has shown, that West receives a qualifying offer from the Chiefs. As an ERFA, thats only going to be in the 600k range, which is a a bargain for talented RB depth.

He's not a UFA. He cant even negotiate with other teams unless the Chiefs choose not to offer him the minimum contract.

Only way West isnt with the Chiefs next year is if hes traded.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad I thought West was an UFA. Still think Ware beats him out for the #2 spot on the depth chart next spring.

No team will trade for West. There are RB like him all through the NFL.

My bad I thought West was an UFA. Still think Ware beats him out for the #2 spot on the depth chart next spring.

Could be. Just pointing out that he will with near certainty be back in KC next year.

What makes Ware more special than West? I own Ware in Dynasty, so I hope you are correct, but living in KC and watching them both play it seems to me that Ware is better at short yardage, but West is a better receiver. I may be incorrect in that assessment, but that is how it has seemed to me and given that fact and how the Chiefs run that offense (short passes are a huge part of it, and always have been with Reid offenses) West seems like the hold to me. I am intrigued though as to why that would not be the case. Again, I own Ware in Dynasty, so I would prefer he be the better talent.

The guy countered your initial argument handily after you advised people to trade West for Ware under a bad premise ... so you quickly change your thought process that he will simply beat him out even though he didn't beat him out before? ... ok ...

The guy countered your initial argument handily after you advised people to trade West for Ware under a bad premise ... so you quickly change your thought process that he will simply beat him out even though he didn't beat him out before? ... ok ...
Hold West if you want. If i owned him I'd be looking to trade him this offseason. Ware has looked amazing and outplayed him. Ware looks like the future in KC. It's a small sample but he looks like a 3 down back. West just looks like a JAG in a great situation.

No team will trade for Weast. There are RB like him all through the NFL.
Hold West if you want. If i owned him I'd be looking to trade him this offseason. Ware has looked amazing and outplayed him. Ware looks like the future in KC. It's a small sample but he looks like a 3 down back. West just looks like a JAG in a great situation.
What makes you say that Ware outplayed him? It looked to me like Ware was probably the better runner (though very different style) and that West was the better receiving back. Overall, it seemed to me that West was a better back for the system. Ware might be better than I know (his sample size is limited to 51 carries and 6 catches) but that was not remotely clear to me at this point. I am interested as to why you see it that way, and again bear in mind I would prefer Ware to be better because I own him in Dynasty.

West has the disadvantage of having to beat out Charles for that role. Ware is a better complement to what Charles does.

What makes you say that Ware outplayed him? It looked to me like Ware was probably the better runner (though very different style) and that West was the better receiving back. Overall, it seemed to me that West was a better back for the system. Ware might be better than I know (his sample size is limited to 51 carries and 6 catches) but that was not remotely clear to me at this point. I am interested as to why you see it that way, and again bear in mind I would prefer Ware to be better because I own him in Dynasty.
I'm in love with Ware's balance and how he doesn't waste movement. He punishes defenders at the end of his runs, has good hands, and is great at the GL. KC is wasting their time giving the ball to West and should be giving Ware 20+ touches. If i owned West I would be saying the same thing.

I'm in love with Ware's balance and how he doesn't waste movement. He punishes defenders at the end of his runs, has good hands, and is great at the GL. KC is wasting their time giving the ball to West and should be giving Ware 20+ touches. If i owned West I would be saying the same thing.
Yeah, that Andy Reid sure is stupid. Not an expert like you

Been going back and forth between Gore and West...West with the slightly better matchup but Ware being back makes me a little wary. Put Charc in today but I think Im going with Gore. Both have only have 1 double digit scoring game in the past month, but at least I know he's getting 15+ touches and probably has a better chance for a TD.

Been going back and forth between Gore and West...West with the slightly better matchup but Ware being back makes me a little wary. Put Charc in today but I think Im going with Gore. Both have only have 1 double digit scoring game in the past month, but at least I know he's getting 15+ touches and probably has a better chance for a TD.
Good call. I went with Chark and i'm down 25 with only Green to go. I play Gore it's more like i'm only down two points. I hate fantasy football.

Any news on Ware's expected role today? Is he full go?
A full go and back to scraps now that West is healthy.
LOL Nope. Ware continues to show he's the better back when he's healthy. Ware with 16 carries to West's 8 in a playoff game. It's not just the numbers either. Ware looks incredible at times. Ware's the RB to own moving forward.
West had an injury during the game. He wasn't needed with the lead. Your constant pimping of Ware and bashing of West is weird and obnoxious.

LOL Nope. Ware continues to show he's the better back when he's healthy. Ware with 16 carries to West's 8 in a playoff game. It's not just the numbers either. Ware looks incredible at times. Ware's the RB to own moving forward.
West had an injury during the game. He wasn't needed with the lead. Your constant pimping of Ware and bashing of West is weird and obnoxious.
Just calling it how I see it bro. Ware has outplayed West when their both healthy. West wasn't doing anything before he got hurt tonight anyway but it was admittedly a small sample. Still his 4.0 ypc this season is pretty meh.

Just calling it how I see it bro. Ware has outplayed West when their both healthy. West wasn't doing anything before he got hurt tonight anyway but it was admittedly a small sample. Still his 4.0 ypc this season is pretty meh.
Why do you constantly go on about it? Everyone knows how you feel.

I guess I'm not the only one that sees it.

From Rotoworld

Spencer Ware rushed 16 times for 67 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Wild Card win over the Texans.
He wasn't targeted in the passing game. Ware outplayed Charcandrick West badly and out-snapped him 38-18 for the game and 18-1 over the final 26 plays. West managed just 26 yards on eight carries. Ware had a long run of 23 yards and busted through a pair of weak arm-tackle attempts on his five-yard touchdown run. Ware seems to be the No. 1 at the moment and should be first in line for carries in the Divisional Round against the Broncos or Patriots. Jan 9 - 8:14 PM

Why do you constantly go on about it? Everyone knows how you feel.
lol are people not going to mention it if West outplays Ware? Sorry this turn of events has hurt your feelings. Suck it up buttercup.

drfeelgood said:
Milkman said:

Milkman said:
drfeelgood said:
Milkman said:
While Ware absolutely looked better after the West injury, neither were impressive today in my opinion. Really the Chiefs offense was not particularly impressive outside of Kelce, IMO. Far more than good enough for the win, but that was due to the defense playing so well. You love Ware, and there is nothing wrong with that, but he was far from special today. You mention him being the guy to own, but I am not so sure with him being a non-factor in the passing game. Still a toss up to me, though I hope you are right (I own Ware in Dynasty).

For what it's worth, I also thought Ware looked better than West in this one. Granted they got most of their carries at different points in the game, so I suppose you can frame a counterargument around the notion that the Houston D was giving up and not trying as hard when Ware was in the game. But I didn't see anything visually to support that.

No idea what part of Milkman's history has everyone so opposed to his opinion, but I agree with his observations for this game.

drfeelgood said:
Milkman said:
lol are people not going to mention it if West outplays Ware? Sorry this turn of events has hurt your feelings. Suck it up buttercup.
You must be a teenager with that maturity level.
Quit crying West just isn't that good.

For what it's worth, I also thought Ware looked better than West in this one. Granted they got most of their carries at different points in the game, so I suppose you can frame a counterargument around the notion that the Houston D was giving up and not trying as hard when Ware was in the game. But I didn't see anything visually to support that.

No idea what part of Milkman's history has everyone so opposed to his opinion, but I agree with his observations for this game.
I think his passion tends to lead others to want to disagree. Ware was definitely better in this game (I don't think anyone has disagreed with that). When Ware ran over Demps it made him look a little like Beast Mode, so the passion is even reasonable to me. As to whether he is the future of the Chiefs or any other backfield, I am not sure. Could be, but not convinced of that based on what he has done so far this season (any more than West).

Milkman said:
drfeelgood said:
Milkman said:
While Ware absolutely looked better after the West injury, neither were impressive today in my opinion. Really the Chiefs offense was not particularly impressive outside of Kelce, IMO. Far more than good enough for the win, but that was due to the defense playing so well. You love Ware, and there is nothing wrong with that, but he was far from special today. You mention him being the guy to own, but I am not so sure with him being a non-factor in the passing game. Still a toss up to me, though I hope you are right (I own Ware in Dynasty).
Houston has a good run D. Ware was solid today and they don't give it to him near enough. If both these backs keep continuing to produce like they have, which I think it will, Ware will continue to take more and more carries.

All the other back in forth in here is just West owners with rustled jimmies. Nothing more.

I think his passion tends to lead others to want to disagree. Ware was definitely better in this game (I don't think anyone has disagreed with that). When Ware ran over Demps it made him look a little like Beast Mode, so the passion is even reasonable to me. As to whether he is the future of the Chiefs or any other backfield, I am not sure. Could be, but not convinced of that based on what he has done so far this season (any more than West).
If I'm the Chiefs, I'm not even worried about whether either or both could be the future of the backfield.

I'm thinking "Jamaal Charles is the future of this backfield, and I've got two amazing and reasonably complementary pieces to back him up. We're set at this position!"

Nice problem to have.

If I'm the Chiefs, I'm not even worried about whether either or both could be the future of the backfield.

I'm thinking "Jamaal Charles is the future of this backfield, and I've got two amazing and reasonably complementary pieces to back him up. We're set at this position!"

Nice problem to have.
I agree completely.

Ware has truck defenders a ton this year. He might be the best in the league at finishing runs.

Ware has truck defenders a ton this year. He might be the best in the league at finishing runs.
I live in KC and watch every game. I disagree with you there. Rawls in his limited time appeared to be better at finishing runs than Ware is. Ware is very good at it though, and it is part of what worries me about him (outside of that lack of targets in the passing game). Tough to take that beating on an every down basis.

Nice problem to have.
JC is an elite talent no doubt but he's had some serious injuries and he's not exactly young. Look at Lynch, he was elite until he suddenly wasn't. JC might not even be ready for the start of the season next year. I see Ware carving a role in this offense next year as the early down back. He can catch the ball too. He really is a 3 down back but JC probably isn't going anywhere.

:lmao:

:lmao:
Go watch all his carries. He's got some impressive tape. When he got the full workload for a couple games he absolutely hurt some people finishing runs.

2nd quarter 10:07 mark of the Buffalo game that Spencer Ware started. Ask Bacarri Rambo if Ware finishes runs well. Or maybe Ronald Darby on the next play in that same game.

No guarantee West returns next year, and Ware is under contract correct?
I thought so to but I was wrong. West is only a RFA. He should be back.
Yeah, he'll be a cheap tender and I'm sure the Chiefs will keep him around as Charles insurance.As a West owner, I'd like to see him go somewhere else because, despite all the bombast in this thread, Ware does look like the better RB and has more of an opportunity to be the future post-Charles.

West is a coaches favorite in Kansas, so most likely he gets tendered cheaply. No way they let Ware go, either.

As a West owner, I think Ware looked better when given the bulk of the carries. However, I am not too concerned about that. Under normal circumstances neither of the two would see a full load and West is the more valuable one in PPR FF in part-time duty. If (when) Charles goes down again, they will split the touches with West getting the receptions.

Ignoring the draft and FA,West is the handcuff in PPR; Ware - in standard scoring.

I was watching him closely and he's pretty good but not very physical at all. He had a chance to blow up Ninkovich (and tried to) but even though he was blindsided Ninkovich brushed him off.

im not dumping on the kid just making an observation. He has far more positives then negatives.

I was watching him closely and he's pretty good but not very physical at all. He had a chance to blow up Ninkovich (and tried to) but even though he was blindsided Ninkovich brushed him off.

im not dumping on the kid just making an observation. He has far more positives then negatives.
He is much better as a receiving back than he is as a bulldozer.

Yeah he's def not a Spencer Ware type RB. lolol

So, does this guy have any value with Charles likely out this week and possibly more?  I just can't see Ware being the workhorse.

Users who are viewing this thread