What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (4 Viewers)

Joe Morganfield 56, musician and youngest son of McKinley Morganfield...this hurts, as I met him last summer and his career was just starting to percolate.  Just a raw deal.

RIP Ann Reinking

She just died in her sleep.  She was only 71.
such a beautiful dancer and lovely person. my cousin Rob will be heartbroken cuz he made his bones being a bargain Fosse (re-staged Cabaret @ Studio 54 and directed the movie of Chicago) and, therefore, just adored her. and how many people get to play themselves in biographical movies, as she did so poignantly in All that Jazz?! Rest in step, 5-6-7-8....

John le Carré at 89.  One of my faves.

I remember visiting East Berlin back in the 80s, going through checkpoint charlie from West Berlin and mostly just thinking how cool it was to be there because I'd read about those places in le Carré's stories.
Had a brief cameo/extra appearance in the Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy film that starred Gary Oldman. I enjoyed the film very much and Oldman was superb.

John le Carré at 89.  One of my faves.

I remember visiting East Berlin back in the 80s, going through checkpoint charlie from West Berlin and mostly just thinking how cool it was to be there because I'd read about those places in le Carré's stories.
A great writer with a terrific life story imo.

RIP Leslie West, guitarist and singer. He'd been battling diabetes for quite a while and apparently went into a coma a couple days ago.

Mississippi Queen

There's a dozen live versions of "Mississippi Queen" on YouTube -- some by Mountain, some by various bands with Leslie sitting in on guitar -- and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM KICKS ROYAL BUTT.
bless his heart (literally) he got more'n double what i woulda guessed. first saw him right on 50 yrs ago and he played every solo like it would be his last, and half the crowd worried it might be. helluva sight, better sound. RIP, King Farock...

sidebar: loudest show i ever heard was Mountain at some suburban Boston college fieldhouse. boy, was that a mistake. the corrugated tin walls would have been wrong acoustics for a string quartet, nm the 130 decibels the only band louder than Deep Purple was crankin out. i heard every tone three times as they bounced around that hall. front jab, left hook, right cross, every phrase. i swear i had bodily bruises the next day from the sound waves. now that's rock&roll -

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP Leslie West, guitarist and singer. He'd been battling diabetes for quite a while and apparently went into a coma a couple days ago.

Mississippi Queen

There's a dozen live versions of "Mississippi Queen" on YouTube -- some by Mountain, some by various bands with Leslie sitting in on guitar -- and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM KICKS ROYAL BUTT.
The movie Two-Lane Blacktop featured in that clip (along with Bullitt of course). TLB is a pretty good flick. 

Saw Mountain a few times in the Detroit area. Always a kickass show. Yet another rock god gone.

RIP 

Last edited by a moderator:

Mississippi Queen

Damn - RIP :(

Sea Duck said:

Mississippi Queen

Damn it.  

Party monster, murderer, dismemberer, original club kid Michael Alig ODed at 54.

Used to see the club kids out and about in my early years in NYC in the 80s. Alig was always wherever the party of the night was, and then at cafe florent in the meat packing district after the clubs closed. Rip, I suppose.

Party monster, murderer, dismemberer, original club kid Michael Alig ODed at 54.

Used to see the club kids out and about in my early years in NYC in the 80s. Alig was always wherever the party of the night was, and then at cafe florent in the meat packing district after the clubs closed. Rip, I suppose.
I figured he was much older. Messed up dude.

Users who are viewing this thread