What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Prosise - RB - Notre Dame (1 Viewer)

Quote from Bevell yesterday (link).

“We’ve got to wait and see how Thomas does the rest of the week," said Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. "He’s progressing well. He looked sharp out here in practice and he’s full-go every snap that he’s out here. He’s in great shape. … But we’re excited if we get him all the way to the end of the week, and we know the tenacity that he brings in the run game. That’s something that we really like, something that we’re hoping that we get back to, and the toughness mentality that he brings, the way he finishes runs, hard to bring down. Those are all things that we’re looking forward to having.”

I think the amount of work Prosise see's the rest of this season is dependent on whether Rawls comes back and runs like he did last year. Probably not gonna know anyway until Sunday.
Wait wait wait....this disagree's with Pete Carroll's source in here. Therefore, we should probably disagree with something the OC of the actual football team says.

In other news:

1) I own Rawls in 0 leagues...

2) If you listened to the actual post draft comments, Carroll and the GM talk about Prosise as a weapon/change of pace/etc type. Not the every down type.

3) Prosise's touches by week 2, 3, 8, 4, 24. Which of these doesn't look like the others? 

RenegadeRoy said:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports C.J. Prosise will remain the Seahawks' starting running back "for the immediate future."
Can't argue with that but it depends on the definition of "immediate future". I could see Prosise starting this Sunday as they work Rawls back in to the flow. But is week 12 included in "immediate future"? Week 13?

Can't argue with that but it depends on the definition of "immediate future". I could see Prosise starting this Sunday as they work Rawls back in to the flow. But is week 12 included in "immediate future"? Week 13?
Agreed 100%. Just figured I'd share the quote.

I own both Rawls and Prosise in one league and I feel pretty comfortable starting Prosise this week. Moving forward however, I think this situation is going to be pretty dicey specifically because I think they're both good enough to command touches.

2ksports said:
What I said is simply that they drafted with an idea in mind, and that idea manifested itself in a big way last Sunday.
We likely are on the same page as long as you don't think they drafted Prosise to be an every down RB. They drafted him to pair with Rawls. At least that was the plan before Rawls got hurt again. The role they intended was for him to the change of pace and 3rd down RB. I believe that's the administration's plan moving forwards still. My only concern in that plan so far is he hasn't been very good to this point in pass pro. I hope he improves there. 

It's no accident that cmike is gone the same week Rawls is coming back

The snap count has been consistently trending up for Prosise vs Michael (25%, 43%, 55%, and 77%).  Even if Rawls was fully healthy this week, it makes zero sense to just dump Michael straight up given Rawls' injury history, as he's the direct replacement for Rawls.   Unless, they believed that Prosise was more than capable of handling every down duties, which they do have every reason to believe.  A healthy Rawls is icing on the cake and adds another dimension to the run game.

No way did they clear a path getting rid of cmike for a rookie 3rd round pick with 26 career carries to carry the load

GMs spend 3rd round picks expecting a starting caliber player, that is the intention when you draft anyone in the 3rd round.  It may not pan out that way, but what you should take away is that Seattle intended for this pick to be a guy who can start in the NFL.  In this case, draft day expectations were actually met, as we all saw on Sunday Night.  He had no problem with a big workload and leading the team in rushing and receiving, and looked great doing it.

Anyone paying attention knows PC loves him some Rawls.

I paid attention and avoided Rawls in re-draft completely.  Did you, or any other Rawls defenders here?

After watching him run it doesn't take a professional scout to see he can't offer what Rawls does in the running game.

And Rawls will get his chances to run.  But Prosise is a good enough runner, and what looks to be an elite pass catcher for a RB, and that gives after-the-huddle versatility that Rawls does not offer.

Prosise will have value as the 3rd down back and spell occasionally

Passing down back, not 3rd down back.  That's a huge difference in number of snaps.  There will be more passing downs than rushing downs in Seattle, and Prosise will get a decent portion of rushing attempts too.  If you believe Prosise the superior passing down back and will get a non-zero result for rushing plays, it's not too hard to believe that it will account for 70% of the snaps.

Sorry, but reality is going to set in pretty fast this week if we see a healthy Rawls out there

Eh, Rawls was by far the easiest bust prediction this season.  The fact nobody saw him running at full speed up until drafts, the fact that they drafted Prosise and Collins and brought in Michael.  The reality for me was to avoid Rawls like the plague.  I'm sorry for anyone who had to hold onto him this long, but I really think there's a lot of owners suffering from sunk cost fallacy here.  
I like how u picked apart each sentence of my post, shows structure and attention to detail. Also like the bolded statements, however the presumptive attitude that I have a sunk cost is off. Rawls was a fa pickup after he was dropped. Also don't get how a guy that turned around the rushing game last year with a 5.3 ypc gets so disrespected.

People keep pointing to his horrid play this year when he wasn't fully back. He was given the reigns as the starter even though cmike was looking halfway decent. what makes you think they won't do it again? Everything I have read points to this. He ripped up the league last year, and je passes they eye test. Nothing Prosise has done makes me think it will be any different this time.

The snap counts you post a irrelevant as Rawls was not active in those games, only cmike who they dropped.

Cmike was a 2nd round pick. Rawls beat him out last season. Again this is totally meaningless.aybe if he were a top 10 pick in the draft like zeke, you might have something here, but 3rd round? And this is pc who could care less anyway.

I didn't agree that he looked gray this year. I felt his short space power and leverage was lacking and he go pushed backward around the goal line.

I didn't draft Rawls, bit I don't pat myself on the back for a avoiding a guy who got injured. I could spin it as Rawls is an adequate pass catcher and an exceptional runner, but I reserve elite status for guys that have played at least one season. Seems like you are being pretty liberal with slapping elite pass catcher tag on Prosise.

70% of snaps going forward? Maybe one game or so, but rest of year? That's a big claim if Rawls is healthy. Don't you think they are passing so often because they have no run game, not because they want to pass?

Rawls being a bust draft pick is trying to start a straw man argument. I have not held him all year, nor drafted him and I am comfortable thinking he is going to take over the starting role. I could be wrong of course, but I just see so much evidence pointing to Rawls taking back the starting role, and as a free agent pickup, he is a better value imo.

The snap count has been consistently trending up for Prosise vs Michael (25%, 43%, 55%, and 77%).  Even if Rawls was fully healthy this week, it makes zero sense to just dump Michael straight up given Rawls' injury history, as he's the direct replacement for Rawls.   Unless, they believed that Prosise was more than capable of handling every down duties, which they do have every reason to believe.  A healthy Rawls is icing on the cake and adds another dimension to the run game.

No way did they clear a path getting rid of cmike for a rookie 3rd round pick with 26 career carries to carry the load

GMs spend 3rd round picks expecting a starting caliber player, that is the intention when you draft anyone in the 3rd round.  It may not pan out that way, but what you should take away is that Seattle intended for this pick to be a guy who can start in the NFL.  In this case, draft day expectations were actually met, as we all saw on Sunday Night.  He had no problem with a big workload and leading the team in rushing and receiving, and looked great doing it.

I paid attention and avoided Rawls in re-draft completely.  Did you, or any other Rawls defenders here?

After watching him run it doesn't take a professional scout to see he can't offer what Rawls does in the running game.

And Rawls will get his chances to run.  But Prosise is a good enough runner, and what looks to be an elite pass catcher for a RB, and that gives after-the-huddle versatility that Rawls does not offer.

Passing down back, not 3rd down back.  That's a huge difference in number of snaps.  There will be more passing downs than rushing downs in Seattle, and Prosise will get a decent portion of rushing attempts too.  If you believe Prosise the superior passing down back and will get a non-zero result for rushing plays, it's not too hard to believe that it will account for 70% of the snaps.

Sorry, but reality is going to set in pretty fast this week if we see a healthy Rawls out there

Eh, Rawls was by far the easiest bust prediction this season.  The fact nobody saw him running at full speed up until drafts, the fact that they drafted Prosise and Collins and brought in Michael.  The reality for me was to avoid Rawls like the plague.  I'm sorry for anyone who had to hold onto him this long, but I really think there's a lot of owners suffering from sunk cost fallacy here.  
I like how u picked apart each sentence of my post, shows structure and attention to detail. Also like the bolded statements, however the presumptive attitude that I have a sunk cost is off. Rawls was a fa pickup after he was dropped. Also don't get how a guy that turned around the rushing game last year with a 5.3 ypc gets so disrespected.

People keep pointing to his horrid play this year when he wasn't fully back. He was given the reigns as the starter even though cmike was looking halfway decent. what makes you think they won't do it again? Everything I have read points to this. He ripped up the league last year, and je passes they eye test. Nothing Prosise has done makes me think it will be any different this time.

The snap counts you post a irrelevant as Rawls was not active in those games, only cmike who they dropped.

Cmike was a 2nd round pick. Rawls beat him out last season. Again this is totally meaningless.aybe if he were a top 10 pick in the draft like zeke, you might have something here, but 3rd round? And this is pc who could care less anyway.

I didn't agree that he looked gray this year. I felt his short space power and leverage was lacking and he go pushed backward around the goal line.

I didn't draft Rawls, bit I don't pat myself on the back for a avoiding a guy who got injured. I could spin it as Rawls is an adequate pass catcher and an exceptional runner, but I reserve elite status for guys that have played at least one season. Seems like you are being pretty liberal with slapping elite pass catcher tag on Prosise.

70% of snaps going forward? Maybe one game or so, but rest of year? That's a big claim if Rawls is healthy. Don't you think they are passing so often because they have no run game, not because they want to pass?

Rawls being a bust draft pick is trying to start a straw man argument. I have not held him all year, nor drafted him and I am comfortable thinking he is going to take over the starting role. I could be wrong of course, but I just see so much evidence pointing to Rawls taking back the starting role, and as a free agent pickup, he is a better value imo.

People keep pointing to his horrid play this year when he wasn't fully back. He was given the reigns as the starter even though cmike was looking halfway decent. what makes you think they won't do it again? Everything I have read points to this. He ripped up the league last year, and passes they eye test. Nothing Prosise has done makes me think it will be any different this time.

The snap counts you post are irrelevant as Rawls was not active in those games, only cmike who they dropped.All it proves is that if Rawls is unavailable, he gained snap percentage vs a guy no longer on the team.

Cmike was a 2nd round pick. Rawls beat him out last season. Again this is totally meaningless. Maybe if he were a top 10 pick in the draft like zeke, you might have something here, but 3rd round? And this is pc who could care less anyway.

I didn't agree that prosise looked great thus far. I felt his short space power and leverage was lacking and he go pushed backward around the goal line. Rawls is better at that.

I didn't draft Rawls, bit I don't pat myself on the back for a avoiding a guy who got injured. I could spin it as Rawls is an adequate pass catcher and a good runner, but I reserve elite status for guys that have played at least one season. Seems like you are being pretty liberal with slapping elite pass catcher tag on Prosise.

Rawls being a bust draft pick is trying to start a straw man argument. I have not held him all year, nor drafted him nor is anyone saying he was a good pick. I am still comfortable thinking he is going to take over the starting role. I could be wrong of course, but I just see so much evidence pointing to Rawls taking back the starting role, and as a free agent pickup, he is a better value imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
We likely are on the same page as long as you don't think they drafted Prosise to be an every down RB. They drafted him to pair with Rawls. At least that was the plan before Rawls got hurt again. The role they intended was for him to the change of pace and 3rd down RB. I believe that's the administration's plan moving forwards still. My only concern in that plan so far is he hasn't been very good to this point in pass pro. I hope he improves there. 
I know I drafted Prosise with the thought he could be an every down back. I thought he'd immediately step into the 3rd down/COP role, with a good chance to out athlete Rawls and take the starting job.

Coach Pete Carroll said Thomas Rawls won't be limited in his return Sunday.
"There's no easing in with Thomas," Carroll said. "Have no question he'll be ready to go. He'll be fine." Rawls will be "mixed in" with C.J. Prosise in his first game back. Prosise is the favorite to lead Seattle in touches, but it's fair to question his between-the-tackles role after averaging 3.9 YPC in last week's start. Carroll's comments suggest Rawls could have a bigger workload than expected.

Prosise showed a lot of vision and speed on that run. He outran that corner to the end zone. Impressive. Still its one run where he was untouched, but a great run.

ETA: Christine Michael runs into the back of his line on that same play. Maybe the coaches know more than the hundreds of pages in the Christine Michael hype machine thread? LOL

For anyone that doubts that Rawls is the lead RB in Seattle, I highly recommend that you catch the game tape from today's bout with Philly. Rawls runs hard. He runs with passion. Its like Marshawn all over again. He runs violent. He finishes runs. As a Seattle fan I'm excited to see Prosise arrive and add to the mix, but he's not the lead RB that the Seattle brains trust wants to be the guy. Balls to the Rawls, my friends. Balls to the Rawls. 

Pete says he is out "for awhile". Reporter asked if he is out for the year, Pete said he hopes he comes back sometime this year. 

Rawls, Alex Collins, ??

cmike is gone, turbin is long gone...do they bring in Fred Jackson?

edit: who is Troymaine Pope?

For anyone that doubts that Rawls is the lead RB in Seattle, I highly recommend that you catch the game tape from today's bout with Philly. Rawls runs hard. He runs with passion. Its like Marshawn all over again. He runs violent. He finishes runs. As a Seattle fan I'm excited to see Prosise arrive and add to the mix, but he's not the lead RB that the Seattle brains trust wants to be the guy. Balls to the Rawls, my friends. Balls to the Rawls. 
He also needs to be available. 2 seasons, 2 big injuries. He'll never be the unquestioned starter without playing full seasons.

So, another "promising" RB that's injury prone.  Duly noted for next year.
I have that note next to 98% of all RBs.  Just the nature of the position.  Can't really avoid a guy because he got crushed in the shoulder on one play in the same season he had a foot injury.  

I have that note next to 98% of all RBs.  Just the nature of the position.  Can't really avoid a guy because he got crushed in the shoulder on one play in the same season he had a foot injury.  
You've somehow validated my post better than I did.   WTF?

NOBODY does MaxThreshold like that!

No, he was going to be that before Prosise got hurt. Two different backs, Carroll prefers Rawls. 
Not so sure about that.  Besides, that 72 yd TD was sweet.  It's all moot now anyway.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports C.J. Prosise (shoulder) is likely to miss "upward of eight weeks."
Prosise's scapula is very clearly fractured. Donte Moncrief's timeline was 4-6 weeks when his scapula was fractured and he returned in five, so it sounds like Prosise's injury may be even more severe. In a best-case scenario, Prosise would return for the playoffs, although he probably wouldn't be ready for the Wild Card Round. He's going to be droppable in season-long leagues this week. Thomas Rawls will offer league-winning fantasy potential down the stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread