Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
thatguy

***Official*** Dak Prescott Thread

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

For sure. Take a little of the sting out of being 1-7 in dynasty. :)

Honestly, where do you rank him in dynasty? He's gotta be top 10 easy?

I think top 10 is about right. Where does he rank against young QBs (under 30) - Luck, Carr, Newton, Winston, Mariota, Cousins, Bortles, Tyrod Taylor, Dalton, Bradford, Tannenhill, Paxton Lynch, and Stafford?

I'd put him about 5th or 6th in the grouping, with ample possibilities to move up higher.

Tier 1

  1. Luck - could drop fast given the trajectory of the franchise
  2. Carr
  3. Wilson
  4. Newton - the hits he takes drop him a notch or two

Tier 2 - Lots of room to disagree on the exact order or Dak, Mariota, Wentz and Winston

  1. Wentz 
  2. Mariota
  3. Dak 
  4. Winston 
  5. Cousins - volume, volume, volume
  6. Stafford - volume, volume, volume

Tier 3

  1. Lynch - I'll take whatever is behind door #3
  2. Dalton
  3. Taylor
  4. Bradford -ETA - Would not surprise me if moved up a tier over the next year or two.

Tier 4 - Things that only happen in Florida

  • Bortles
  • Tannenhill
Edited by Mister CIA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

I think top 10 is about right. Where does he rank against young QBs (under 30) - Luck, Carr, Newton, Winston, Mariota, Cousins, Bortles, Tyrod Taylor, Dalton, Bradford, Tannenhill, Paxton Lynch, and Stafford?

I'd put him about 5th or 6th in the grouping, with ample possibilities to move up higher.

Tier 1

  1. Luck - could drop fast given the trajectory of the franchise
  2. Carr
  3. Wilson
  4. Newton - the hits he takes drop him a notch or two

Tier 2 - Lots of room to disagree on the exact order or Dak, Mariota, Wentz and Winston

  1. Wentz 
  2. Mariota
  3. Dak 
  4. Winston 
  5. Cousins - volume, volume, volume
  6. Stafford - volume, volume, volume

Tier 3

  1. Lynch - I'll take whatever is behind door #3
  2. Dalton
  3. Taylor
  4. Bradford -ETA - Would not surprise me if moved up a tier over the next year or two.

Tier 4 - Things that only happen in Florida

  • Bortles
  • Tannenhill

Nice post. Dak's #5 for me and in the bottom of tier 1. He could run for 4-6 TD's every year the next 5 years. That's what puts him in that tier for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2016 at 10:41 PM, Milkman said:

Nice post. Dak's #5 for me and in the bottom of tier 1. He could run for 4-6 TD's every year the next 5 years. That's what puts him in that tier for me. 

Harstad has him as the #5 dynasty QB period, regardless of age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JackReacher said:

Harstad has him as the #5 dynasty QB period, regardless of age

Yeah I mean I posted that about a month ago and he's put up a bunch of great performances since then. I don't blame Harastad for ranking him there his upside is Cam last year......which is win your league upside basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2016 at 10:08 PM, thatguy said:

I searched and didn't find any threads for Dak. I think he deserves his own.  I'm really high on him and could see him being the third best QB from this class after Goff And Wentz.  Would love to see Denver take him with their first compensatory pick if he's there at the end of the 3rd round--could easily happen as I'm sure he'll slide some due to his DUI. I definitely prefer Dak in round 3 to Lynch in round 1. Thoughts? 

Ugh. This is so painful... What could have been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preseason ww add in one league and traded deangelo Williams for dak+4th the day before romo got hurt. May have been the best moves of my season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

There is literally no arguing around the circumstances he had going in his favor.  There's just too many to ignore IMO.

  • Easiest schedule in the league this season
  • He has 4 people on offense (Smith, Frederick, Martin & Zeke) who are arguably the best at their position in the league.  I haven't given it much thought but has that ever happened before?  That does NOT include Dez (top 5-7?), Witten (top 10-12?) or even Bailey (top 2-3?).
  • Of all 7 of those players how many combined games did they miss? 3 from Dez...that's it.
  • Element of surprise.  He (to his own credit) got better and better so it was hard for DC's to really key in on tendencies and identify a weakness in him.  The running game also helped mask this.  He'll now have 7-8 months of DC's finding ways to exploit these.  Im sure we have seen tons of examples of people looking great and taking a step back as you have mentioned.  Is he above this?  I don't know but I'd like to see.
  • A running game that allowed the team to throw just 483 times (30 per game and 1 away from being last) all season long.

Those 5 factors were gigantic in his season.  That is too much to overlook which is why I want to see more of him.  I do not mean it as a knock at all when I say he's the best thing since RG3's rookie season.  RG3 was more of a "running QB" but also did a pretty damn good job as a passer that year as well.

Did he get better and better? Sure did.  Did he have a lot of help?  It's undeniable.

I just want to see more.

 

I come in peace....I just wanted to post here before it was lost in a game thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

I come in peace....I just wanted to post here before it was lost in a game thread.

You sure you really want to hitch your wagon to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

You sure you really want to hitch your wagon to this?

Me no scared about possible being wrong.  It happens.

But make sure you read what I posted. 
 

Quote

 

Did he get better and better? Sure did.  Did he have a lot of help?  It's undeniable.

I just want to see more

 

 

Edited by Bigboy10182000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/02/04/dak-prescott-named-nfl-offensive-rookie-year

Well this is a first.... A simple "game manager" in a league where he is no better than "20-25 QBs who could have done the same thing" (actual quotes from the Eagles threads) ....wins NFL OROY.  It seems a few in Philly are blinded by his uniform and fail at recognizing talent. This kid has it all. Props to the NFC East foes who can see the stud he truly is without being clouded by the star on his helmet.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, G-King said:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/02/04/dak-prescott-named-nfl-offensive-rookie-year

Well this is a first.... A simple "game manager" in a league where he is no better than "20-25 QBs who could have done the same thing" (actual quotes from the Eagles threads) ....wins NFL OROY.  It seems a few in Philly are blinded by his uniform and fail at recognizing talent. This kid has it all. Props to the NFC East foes who can see the stud he truly is without being clouded by the star on his helmet.?

Yup.  He joins the ranks of Vince Young, Sam Bradford, and RG3.  Congrats?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jasvic said:

Yup.  He joins the ranks of Vince Young, Sam Bradford, and RG3.  Congrats?

 Yeah, except for leading a team to a 13-2 record (the last game had no meaning), 23 TD to 4 INT ratio, 6 rushing Tds, a QB rating of 104.9,  and a mature, levelheaded, cool in the pocket QB- yeah we all would say pretty much three equal players. 

Troll on, Buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, G-King said:

 Yeah, except for leading a team to a 13-2 record (the last game had no meaning), 23 TD to 4 INT ratio, 6 rushing Tds, a QB rating of 104.9,  and a mature, levelheaded, cool in the pocket QB- yeah we all would say pretty much three equal players. 

Troll on, Buddy.

Lighten up, Francis.  Just messing with you.  Seriously though, Dallas lead the league in rushing attempts and has the 3rd lowest pass attempts in the league.  On the surface that screams game manager.  How Prescott won and not Elliott boggles my mind.  But time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jasvic said:

Lighten up, Francis.  Just messing with you.  Seriously though, Dallas lead the league in rushing attempts and has the 3rd lowest pass attempts in the league.  On the surface that screams game manager.  How Prescott won and not Elliott boggles my mind.  But time will tell.

It's cool, I saw where your from. I get the hate and attitude, it's got to be frustrating seeing Dallas with a 4th rd steal. Wentz will be good too, just relax. I like him, and can admit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jasvic said:

Lighten up, Francis.  Just messing with you.  Seriously though, Dallas lead the league in rushing attempts and has the 3rd lowest pass attempts in the league.  On the surface that screams game manager.  How Prescott won and not Elliott boggles my mind.  But time will tell.

Amazing that Elliott did not win ROY, he certainly helped in the development of DAK, I.e. DAK was not asked to be a gun slinger QB, and carry the boys on his back.

both should have good careers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2016 at 10:41 PM, Milkman said:

Nice post. Dak's #5 for me and in the bottom of tier 1. He could run for 4-6 TD's every year the next 5 years. That's what puts him in that tier for me. 

I don't disagree, but how many people had kap as a top dyno qb? Enough throwing numbers, augmented with some rushing tds.    

 

I wonder if Dallas will draft a receiver to grow along side dak/zeke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jasvic said:

Lighten up, Francis.  Just messing with you.  Seriously though, Dallas lead the league in rushing attempts and has the 3rd lowest pass attempts in the league.  On the surface that screams game manager.  How Prescott won and not Elliott boggles my mind.  But time will tell.

Playing QB requires a much greater degree of difficulty  than RB does, especially in Dallas, where Darren f'ing McFadden only started 10 games the previous year and still ran for almost 1,100 yards.  Elliot is great, but running behind that line makes his job a lot easier.  Yeah, Prescott plays behind the same line, but again, playing QB is much more difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I don't disagree, but how many people had kap as a top dyno qb? Enough throwing numbers, augmented with some rushing tds.    

 

I wonder if Dallas will draft a receiver to grow along side dak/zeke. 

I heard that Terrance Williams won't be back with the team so how can they ignore WR's in this draft?  They'll take at least 2 I bet in the middle rounds.  Other priorities are defense that'll be the early target.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I heard that Terrance Williams won't be back with the team so how can they ignore WR's in this draft?  They'll take at least 2 I bet in the middle rounds.  Other priorities are defense that'll be the early target.  

 Who told you that? Everything I've read and listen to says that it's pretty likely he'll be back and Brice Butler is the guy that won't be re-signed. 

 

 Williams has a place here and likes it. Brice Butler has an overinflated ego and isn't very bright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

 Who told you that?

 

Was a rotoblurb yesterday, I think from ESPN Dallas.

From what I've been hearing around here they want both Butler and Williams back but on their terms and Williams in particular might cost a little more than people anticipate considering his level of play. I don't think he hits those numbers but the Sanu and Marvin Jones contracts kind of changed the landscape for middling WR's.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, menobrown said:

Was a rotoblurb yesterday, I think from ESPN Dallas.

From what I've been hearing around here they want both Butler and Williams back but on their terms and Williams in particular might cost a little more than people anticipate considering his level of play. I don't think he hits those numbers but the Sanu and Marvin Jones contracts kind of changed the landscape for middling WR's.

That was in a depressed FA class. There likely will be a number of decent fa WRs- desean Jackson, alshon Jeffery, stills, Pryor, Britt, so Williams is replaceable, or if you want to keep him it's certainly a possibility moneywise. Jones and Sanu were middling WRs at the top of the fa class. I don't think you lose anything if you replace Williams with someone like kamar Aiken or Kendall wright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys QBs coach Wade Wilson insisted Dak Prescott is in no danger of experiencing a sophomore slump.

It is part of Wilson's job description to build Prescott up, keep in mind. "Nothing is too big for that kid," said Wilson, a former longtime NFL QB himself. "He’s improved strength-wise, flexibility-wise, speed-wise, quickness-wise, so he’s not resting on anything that went on last year." Prescott said he's taking on a more vocal leadership role after "just being quiet and trying to fit my way in" as a rookie. Prescott will again be a high-upside late-round quarterback target.
 
 
May 24 - 9:29 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Milkman said:

STUD

 

 

The late round QB in redraft.  Get him for nothing and will probably be top 7

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Faust said:

 That article reads like it was written by a fan of an NFC East team not named the Cowboys. Completely ignores that he played several games last year without Bryant. 

 Here is how good Prescott is.... In 2015, The Cowboys couldn't buy a win with essentially the same personnel as 2016 when he led them to 13 victories. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

 That article reads like it was written by a fan of an NFC East team not named the Cowboys. Completely ignores that he played several games last year without Bryant. 

 Here is how good Prescott is.... In 2015, The Cowboys couldn't buy a win with essentially the same personnel as 2016 when he led them to 13 victories. 

what's not to like?  accurate, legs, poise, etc.   I've never seen a rookie QB come in like that except for Marino.  I'm sure their is a few more, but this kid has "it".  IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

what's not to like?  accurate, legs, poise, etc.   I've never seen a rookie QB come in like that except for Marino.  I'm sure their is a few more, but this kid has "it".  IMO

If I were to play Devils advocate I would say he can work on his accuracy but not much else. I don't actually have a problem with him always playing it safe and not just launching deep balls because the fantasy guys want him to. 

Off the field what Dak has is the work ethic and people skills. I've never seen anything like it. On the field, other than a 30 y/o Steve Young, I've never seen a guy who can run this well AND read defenses. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

If I were to play Devils advocate I would say he can work on his accuracy but not much else. I don't actually have a problem with him always playing it safe and not just launching deep balls because the fantasy guys want him to. 

Off the field what Dak has is the work ethic and people skills. I've never seen anything like it. On the field, other than a 30 y/o Steve Young, I've never seen a guy who can run this well AND read defenses. 

 

the guy just looks like he's been in the league 6 years & stuff doesn't seem to bother him.  Great test this week in Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best defense in the NFL IMHO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Prescott completed 30-of-50 passes for 238 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in the Cowboys' Week 2 loss to the Broncos.

His second interception was a 102-yard pick-six in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Prescott's first touchdown pass came after a fumble by Trevor Siemian put them in good field position. Without establishing a run game, Prescott struggled to push the ball downfield averaging 4.8 yards per attempt. He wasn't under pressure often but most of his receivers struggled to gain much separation further than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. The Cowboy's have played against two extremely difficult defenses in the Giants and Broncos so making any conclusions about the offense would be extreme. Their schedule lightens up later in the season but they need to find a way to score more consistently until then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2017 at 0:29 AM, IheartGuinness said:

Anyone starting him against the broncos? 

I actually should have....went with Cam instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tombonneau said:

While it would have been nice to see him take the next step vs an elite D, I'll take today's "average" day as a likely floor. 

he got a lot of his stats in garbage time when way down.  Hardly can call that an average day vs an elite D.  Had Denver's offense not dismantled Dallas D, Dak would clearly have worse stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

This guy looks a lot like Mike Glennon.

A Mike Glennon who gets me 18 against Denver. I'll take it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

This guy looks a lot like Mike Glennon.

X2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

This guy looks a lot like Mike Glennon.

 

4 hours ago, Gopher State said:

X2

Oh please, he's faced 2 top 5 defenses to start the season. He played fine the first game and on Sunday he had ZERO help. Against Denver there was no one open, no running game, guys dropping the ball and the line didn't play very well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.