What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenneth Dixon, Free Agent (3 Viewers)

Ouch, not good. Oh well, win some lose some.

Ravens aren't a bad landing spot for one of the stud rookies.

Being suspended for performance-enhancers isn't that bad to me.  A lot better than recreational.  

Whether or not he's actually going to be a good back is my question.  

Being suspended for performance-enhancers isn't that bad to me.  A lot better than recreational.  

A team like the Ravens that can't afford to get in an early hole in a tough division may spend an early pick on a RB now though with Dixon's suspension. They may have been considering it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
A team like the Ravens that can't afford to get in an early while in a tough division may spend an early pick on a RB now though with Dixon's suspension. They may have been considering it anyway.
By the same token, a team with  holes like this team has, can they afford to spend an early pick on a RB?  

It would surprise me if they took one early.  To me, Dixon/West/Woodhead seems like enough for me to push this position to the back of my mind.  

A team like the Ravens that can't afford to get in an early while in a tough division may spend an early pick on a RB now though with Dixon's suspension. They may have been considering it anyway.
By the same token, a team with  holes like this team has, can they afford to spend an early pick on a RB?  

It would surprise me if they took one early.  To me, Dixon/West/Woodhead seems like enough for me to push this position to the back of my mind.
I tend to agree, I think that combination is more than adequate and they should focus on other areas like O-line, but it certainly seems like they want to upgrade RB (I posted some of Harbaugh's quotes a little earlier). It's possible that they think Woodhead is enough, but they tried to trade up for Zeke last year so there's a chance they have their eye on a RB in this draft as well.

I guess it would depend on which substance for both cases. If it was something stupid like adderall then yeah, I feel fine about it. But if it was steroids then I'd steer clear.

But on the topic of suspension, does this mean he had already failed a test? I thought 4 games was only after 2nd failed test, but maybe the agreement has changed...

Suspended RB Kenneth Dixon will undergo meniscus surgery on Tuesday.

The standard timeline for a torn meniscus is 6-8 weeks depending on the severity of the tear. While Dixon is already suspended the first four games for violating the league's policy on PEDs, having to return from meniscus surgery is another barrier on his path to playing time. Suffering his third knee injury in 12 months, Dixon's longevity may be in question. Dixon can be scratched off fantasy draft cheatsheets while Terrance West and Danny Woodhead maintain job security entering the season.

Ouch! Okay, so does this boost Woodhead's value? Just discussing this in the RB scarcity thread... 

I believe his suspension can run concurrent with his injury time correct? 

Ouch! Okay, so does this boost Woodhead's value? Just discussing this in the RB scarcity thread... 

I believe his suspension can run concurrent with his injury time correct? 
The injury does not affect his suspension, I am pretty certain.  I think Woodhead was slated as the receiving back, regardless, although Dixon is a quality receiver himself, so this probably has some affect on Woodhead's value.  I think it affects West's value more, however.  Terrance West is the likely replacement for the bulk of Dixon's work during the suspension/injury recovery.

Jene Bramel‏ @JeneBramel 59m59 minutes ago

Removal/trim of damaged meniscus faster recovery ~ 3-4 weeks. Repair would be 3-4 months. Suspension may also be factor in recovery.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

#Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon suffered a tear in his meniscus, source said. He'll have surgery & hope is it's just a trim. Will know more post.

So best case is a trim and he misses all of training camp and preseason. Then he's suspended for the first month and can't be at the facilities.

By week 5 West & Woodhead will have a stranglehold on the position, I can't see Dixon doing much until late in the season if at all.

If they have to do a repair instead of a trim he'll be out until November at the earliest and possibly longer.

Not touching this guy

So best case is a trim and he misses all of training camp and preseason. Then he's suspended for the first month and can't be at the facilities.

By week 5 West & Woodhead will have a stranglehold on the position, I can't see Dixon doing much until late in the season if at all.

If they have to do a repair instead of a trim he'll be out until November at the earliest and possibly longer.

Not touching this guy
Like Dr.O said, I think he can be at the facilities rehabbing. But what I really take issue with is that you think those two guys will have a stranglehold on the position. I would be that by week 5 their hold on the position will be called tenuous at best. I think, just like last year, it'll take Dixon some time to get into game shape. He's definitely going to be a second half guy. In redraft, depending on roster size, I'd probably let someone else draft and dump him. But I do think he'll be an impact player at some point. West is still a JAG and Woodhead is 32 (and has always been a JAG as a runner).

Like Dr.O said, I think he can be at the facilities rehabbing. But what I really take issue with is that you think those two guys will have a stranglehold on the position. I would be that by week 5 their hold on the position will be called tenuous at best. I think, just like last year, it'll take Dixon some time to get into game shape. He's definitely going to be a second half guy. In redraft, depending on roster size, I'd probably let someone else draft and dump him. But I do think he'll be an impact player at some point. West is still a JAG and Woodhead is 32 (and has always been a JAG as a runner).
I absolutely agree with this.  I have little confidence that West will lock up the position during Dixon's absence.  I think Dixon's value depends more on his recovery timetable than on West's performance.

Jene Bramel‏ @JeneBramel 59m59 minutes ago

Removal/trim of damaged meniscus faster recovery ~ 3-4 weeks. Repair would be 3-4 months. Suspension may also be factor in recovery.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

#Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon suffered a tear in his meniscus, source said. He'll have surgery & hope is it's just a trim. Will know more post.
Trim is the vast majority. A repair is done only when the tear is in a specific spot (only one area of the meniscus has a decent enough blood supply to heal) and usually quite large so removal would mean to more strain on the knee joint and less longevity. 

I think Woodhead sucks up all the passing downs.

In his last two injury free seasons with San Diego he totaled 2125 rushing/receiving yds, 157 receptions and 17 TD's.

He suffered a broken fibula in 2014 & a torn acl last year. I don't think this makes him injury prone. He missed 1 game due to injury in his first 5 seasons as well as playing all 16 in 2015 following the broken fibula.

Now West is just a guy but he outplayed Dixon last year and he'll be the guy in game shape having gone thru training camp, preseason and at least the first 4 games of the regular season while Dixon is out. I just don't see Dixon making a significant contribution this year. West won't go away, he'll still get some carries and both West & Dixon will be used less in the passing game than they were in 2016.

Actually they both were pretty bad, I initially looked at weeks 5-17 when Dixon came back and they played together...

West  139/542/4 and 30/207/1 for 135.9 points

Dixon 88/382/2 and 30/162/1 for 102.4 points

From weeks 7-17

West  105/360/2 and 24/177/1 for 71.7 points with 3.43 ypc and 7.38 ypr

Dixon 83/372/2 and 28/155/1 for 70.7 points with 4.48 ypc and 5.53 ypr

Basically they both averaged 7 ppg or 14 ppg total between them. Now I believe the receiving numbers will drop some with Woodhead in town and barring an injury to West Dixon won't receive 100% of the 1st & 2nd down work, I just don't see what's enticing.

Actually they both were pretty bad, I initially looked at weeks 5-17 when Dixon came back and they played together...

West  139/542/4 and 30/207/1 for 135.9 points

Dixon 88/382/2 and 30/162/1 for 102.4 points

From weeks 7-17

West  105/360/2 and 24/177/1 for 71.7 points with 3.43 ypc and 7.38 ypr

Dixon 83/372/2 and 28/155/1 for 70.7 points with 4.48 ypc and 5.53 ypr

Basically they both averaged 7 ppg or 14 ppg total between them. Now I believe the receiving numbers will drop some with Woodhead in town and barring an injury to West Dixon won't receive 100% of the 1st & 2nd down work, I just don't see what's enticing.
When looking at Dixon's splits, it's obvious that getting healthy and getting the brace off made a huge impact. In his first 4 games he averaged 1.5 ypc, in his last 8 he was at 4.9 ypc. West averaged 4.0 ypc during both halves of the season. But to say West outplayed Dixon last year is just nonsense. It was pretty clear who the better back was down the stretch.

Rappaport reporting it was a full tear, 4-5 month recovery, out for season.

West and Woodhead will jump up draftboards to a point where I want no part of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the team could get away with making him "active" for 4 games this season, that would be his suspension.

I don't think they'd be able to get away with that, so he'll be suspended for 4 games the following season.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon's meniscus injury required a full repair, and he will be out for the season.

Dixon was expected to need only a "trim," but a full repair was required upon closer inspection. It's a brutal blow for the 2016 fourth-rounder, who had a golden path to playing time once he returned from his four-game suspension in Week 5. It leaves the Ravens in a lurch, with only pass-catcher Danny Woodhead and fourth-year plodder Terrance West available as legitimate options. We suppose Buck Allen could also get another look. The Ravens could be forced to dip into the wafer-thin free agent market, which is currently "led" by Rashad Jennings and DeAngelo Williams. Still only 23, Dixon is worth stashing in Dynasty leagues, but he's now little more than a 50-50 proposition. Woodhead, who could seize goal-line work, is the preferred Ravens own, even in standard leagues.

Related: Danny Woodhead, Terrance West

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Jul 25 - 6:20 PM

Google says this surgery can have a 14 week recovery, that would put him back week 6.  I think reports of his season being over are premature, don't neglect him in deep redrafts.  I also believe that IR games count for his suspension, but I haven't been able to verify if this is still the rule and if that would be the same for PUP. 

Google says this surgery can have a 14 week recovery, that would put him back week 6.  I think reports of his season being over are premature, don't neglect him in deep redrafts.  I also believe that IR games count for his suspension, but I haven't been able to verify if this is still the rule and if that would be the same for PUP. 
Hes done bro

Good lord, I'm a magnet for dynasty disappointment! ... especially Ravens as of late. Still holding Maxx Williams (aka, Minn Williams), and now Dixon.

Have only skimmed the news. How did he tear it? Did this occur during an OTA?

He is droppable in dynasty after this.  Injured last year and barely came on strong towards end of the year.  Suspension for first 4 games this year and now out for the season?  Dunzo. 

I will drop and try to pick him up cheaper in the draft.  

Users who are viewing this thread