Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SaintsInDome2006

Trey Burton - TE (Bears)

20 hours ago, ahartig said:

I have Vance Mcdonald in over Burton right now.  Losing confidence in Burton

Benching Burton as well - but be prepared - he's going to put up some good games while benched - and it might be today

4 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Just plugged him in for Ebron at TE, may still stick Ebron in at flex still.  Hoping for lots of short dump off today.

Playing him over Anthony Miller.  I can still move Gronk out for Josh Adams should bad news strike him between now and Sunday.

• Like 1

Couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on dropping him before Thursday, and as the old saying goes, he who hesitates loses out on Brate (that's what Jim Carrey is saying in that clip, right?) :P

Anyway, I guess I'm stuck with him ROS. My expectations are low, but the whole position is garbage this year, and it's not like anyone else out there on the WW is tearing it up.

4 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

I'm only holding because I think his upside is still there. He seems like a boom/bust guy. Compared to what's on my wire, I'll keep him.

Not much out there for me either. Have to ride with him and hope he scores a TD. Debated on adding Vance but don't trust him enough.

4 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

I'm only holding because I think his upside is still there. He seems like a boom/bust guy. Compared to what's on my wire, I'll keep him.

Same here. It's Burton or the likes of Junno Smith, LaCosse or Everett. I like LaCosse's playoff schedule but not convinced he'll play any better than a 3rd string TE despite being thrown into the Denver starting job because of injuries. Until then, it's Burton or Bust

Honestly, I don't think getting the ball to Burton is a concern for Nagy. I have no idea why he pushed to pay Burton such a huge salary just to use him as a blocker and like the 4th or 5th option on the field, but apparently that's what happened. Nagy doesn't draw up plays for the guy. Burton isn't the first or second option on ANY play, nor is he ever the escape valve. 

He was overhyped unfortunately and I'm ecstatic that I never dropped Ebron. Happy to be off the Nagy Train. 

1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

Same here. It's Burton or the likes of Junno Smith, LaCosse or Everett. I like LaCosse's playoff schedule but not convinced he'll play any better than a 3rd string TE despite being thrown into the Denver starting job because of injuries. Until then, it's Burton or Bust

Thinking along the same lines. LaCosse is tempting bc of great schedule but who knows how much he’ll be used.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ahartig said:

I'm benching for Vance McDonald (again) this week.  Thinking about dropping Burton for Royce Freeman as someone dropped Royce to waivers this week.

I'm currently benching both for LaCosse.  

4 hours ago, Tool said:

Thinking along the same lines. LaCosse is tempting bc of great schedule but who knows how much he’ll be used.

I do like LaCosse's schedule coming up but until he proves something I'm rolling with Burton. I read somewhere (maybe Twiter?) that if you combined all of Butt's, Heuerman's and LaCosse's performances this season you'd have the #7 TE in PPR. Now LaCosse is the only one left standing. But I've gotten this far with (or despite) Burton so I'll stick with him . . . . for now.

Trey Burton (groin) is questionable for Sunday's Wild Card game against the Eagles.

Burton wasn't on Chicago's injury report at all throughout the week, so the fact he was suddenly added late Saturday evening doesn't bode well for his availability on Sunday. Adam Shaheen would be the pivot to target in fantasy if Burton is ultimately ruled out.

Source: Chicago Bears PR on Twitter 

Jan 5 - 10:48 PM

Trey Burton will miss the offseason program after undergoing sports-hernia surgery.

Burton missed the playoff loss to the Eagles with a groin issue, but it's unclear if the two are related. Either way, Burton is expected to be ready to go by the start of training camp. His status for Week 1 is not in doubt. Burton has plenty of room for growth in Year 2 with Mitchell Trubisky, especially after the Bears ignored pass catcher additions in the offseason outside of fourth-round WR Riley Ridley. Burton should be a top-10 fantasy tight end with potential for more.

SOURCE: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter

May 29, 2019, 2:47 PM ET

Bears coach Matt Nagy "feels good" about Trey Burton (sports-hernia operation) being ready for the start of training camp.

Burton missed the end of the Bears' offseason program after going under the knife, but a normal recovery would indeed have him ready to rock for camp. Although he was a fantasy disappointment in 2018, Burton still finished as a TE1. He is similarly positioned to do so again this season.

SOURCE: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter

Jun 13, 2019, 1:22 PM ET

Sports hernias can be difficult to come back from. I hope this is no big deal but TE is a rough position.