What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You can have one: Pet or mobile device (1 Viewer)

Would you rather have a pet or a mobile device for the rest of your life

• Pet

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • Mobile device

Votes: 70 70.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
You can have either a pet for the rest of your life or mobile devices.  If you choose pet you can only have a desktop and landline phone.

Probably go pet.

My only caution really is that you appear to be lumping laptops in with "mobile devices". Either way, I can have internet access when really needed. Desktop/laptop at home and work would keep me covered (hoping you'd allow laptops if they remain stationary). Haven't used a desktop in a long time, and wouldn't feel like fooling with one of those clunky things again.

I don't use a tablet,and more and more, I find myself using my phone as just a phone anyway. The novelty of having internet access in the palm of my hand is wearing off. I'd miss it for texting, and the ease of making fantasy sports transactions (mostly baseball). 

Throw a laptop into the desktop category and give me an in car nav system and I'll go with pet.   I don't really use the cell phone for anything life changing.

To choose pet, you have to be short sighted or old enough that you wont be in the work force or other parts of society in 10 years. Without mobile access, you will probably have a tough time in the next decade or so. 

Can you pet your iPhone while it sits in your lap while you watch TV? Feed it/walk it/care for it? Have a catch with it? Have it love you back when you get home from work?

Can you pet your iPhone while it sits in your lap while you watch TV? Feed it/walk it/care for it? Have a catch with it? Have it love you back when you get home from work?
No, but it also doesn't vomit on the carpet, bark at stuff it hears outside the house, need to be taken outside to #### and piss, or get hair, smell, and ### juice all over the house.  Not saying the plusses don't outweigh the minuses, but you can't act like pet ownership is all peaches and cream.  

No, but it also doesn't vomit on the carpet, bark at stuff it hears outside the house, need to be taken outside to #### and piss, or get hair, smell, and ### juice all over the house.  Not saying the plusses don't outweigh the minuses, but you can't act like pet ownership is all peaches and cream.  
It certainly is not all peaches and cream. You act though as if potty maintenance and house training are equivalent of Sisyphus finally getting the rock over the hill. If it was, no one would own pets. Outside of abusers, people who love their pets are more than happy to care for them. 

:lmao:

I love my dogs.. They are like family.  That being said, my phone has never pissed on a couch.  I can't say that for my dogs.  I've never had my phone dig a random hole in my yard and take a #### in it.  Can't say that for my dogs.  I've never cried when I had to finally put my old phone down because it has reached the end of the line.  Can't say that for my dogs.

If I had to choose one, I'd pick mobile devices because in my field I'd have no job without a mobile device.  But I'd miss my little pissing, hole and #### digging little buddies.

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly is not all peaches and cream. You act though as if potty maintenance and house training are equivalent of Sisyphus finally getting the rock over the hill. If it was, no one would own pets. Outside of abusers, people who love their pets are more than happy to care for them. 
Meh.  I know many pet lovers, myself included, that tire of the annoyances related to caring for them, especially as they get older.  I know I'm not the only one who's had a pet die and, despite being sad for the loss, feels a sense of relief that they no longer have to deal with pet care.  

pets and it's not even close. I can't have a mobile device on me at work anyways so it's really not that big of a deal. :shrug:  

If I did not already have my two cats I'd vote mobile. 

As of today, if I had to give up either, no ####### way I give either of my pets away. I'd go landline before that.

Easy answer. Don't have a pet so mobile device. Not sure it's fair to have a pet and leave them alone all day. And then you are tied down for travel, not that i do that alot. I could see having when retired and home all the time. Two kids is plenty of responsibility already.

If I wasn't reliant on my mobile device for work, I would choose pet, but as framed I have to pick mobile device.

Can your pet bring you naked pictures of hot women?  Can your pet bring you funny pictures of other pets?  Can your pet take pictures of your wang and instantaneously deliver them to unsuspecting women?

Didn't thinks so. :micdrop:

You and I obviously use our phones (and our pets)  in very different ways. 

Can your pet bring you naked pictures of hot women?  Can your pet bring you funny pictures of other pets?  Can your pet take pictures of your wang and instantaneously deliver them to unsuspecting women?

Didn't thinks so. :micdrop:
Her 2 starring Joaquin Phoenix and the FFA. 

I get what you guys are saying, but are we really fading pets for iDevices? I guess so. :kicksrock:

I'd definitely go with a dog.

Then I'd buy him an iPhone and ask if I could borrow it.  He'd let me because we're best friends. :excited:

If i was parent of America, one of the first things i'd do is take away their pets. Love animals -there aint a household i visit where cats & dogs dont spent most the time at my lap or feet. But there is no greater corollary to the selfishness that has turned this great country into an untenable morass of 300,000,000 separate, spoilful constituencies than the desperate investment of love in creatures who'll eat you when you're dead but have more spent on them than is done on charity because people don't have to earn love as long as they got one. *drops weedwacker*

and you dont get em back til you're decent to one another!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's an easy one for me. Only have one of the two right now and I promise I'm not posting this from my Bassett hound. 

It's not a fair question because I'd still have internet and phone at home. How about you revise the poll to let me take my pet to work?

Users who are viewing this thread