Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, miqws said:

Superflex startup draft worth following IMO.

https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=62842&O=17

Horrendous value to trade down from 1.03 with Lamar on the board in SF...to trade all the way down to the 2.11 and only add a 9th is really unforgivable in any format. And unless I'm crazy it looks like the trade was changed after an hour and got even worse! The future 1st that had been included in the original trade was removed, seemingly. Awful.

This would be so demoralizing to me if I were an owner in that league, to see a lopsided trade THAT bad go down so damn early in the startup, the first trade of the entire league's existence and it's that one.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Horrendous value to trade down from 1.03 with Lamar on the board in SF...to trade all the way down to the 2.11 and only add a 9th is really unforgivable in any format. And unless I'm crazy it looks like the trade was changed after an hour and got even worse! The future 1st that had been included in the original trade was removed, seemingly. Awful.

This would be so demoralizing to me if I were an owner in that league, to see a lopsided trade THAT bad go down so damn early in the startup, the first trade of the entire league's existence and it's that one.

Absolutely this.

I don't get this trade at all.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It looks like that is some expert type league - otherwise I would be bailing right away as that would lead me to believe some kind of shenanigans were going on. As it stands it's probably some twitter "expert" thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

ETA: Making it even worse is he gave the guy that drafted Mahomes, Jackson.

Edited by Dr. Octopus

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I asked, there is a 2021 1st added to the 2.11 side.

41 minutes ago, miqws said:

I asked, there is a 2021 1st added to the 2.11 side.

Weird that they re-did the trade without it after, you can see the transactions.

Still one of the worst trades I've ever seen, and it shifted the entire balance of the league from the jump.

• Like 1

How are we valuing McLaurin right now?

Have had several offers for him and they are all over the place, some seemingly fair, some obviously fishing for a counter.

What pick would you want back for F1 in this draft, also what player.

In my case specifically, he is easily my wr3, and its a large gap to the wr 4. Its a pretty bad group.

2 hours ago, Pwingles said:

Have had several offers for him and they are all over the place, some seemingly fair, some obviously fishing for a counter.

In my case specifically, he is easily my wr3, and its a large gap to the wr 4. Its a pretty bad group.

I have him on a non-ppr squad and I'd take a mid-ish first. Otherwise I'd hold to see what I've got.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I have him on a non-ppr squad and I'd take a mid-ish first. Otherwise I'd hold to see what I've got.

was offered manny sanders and a couple random 3rd and 4th rds, was offered thielen (they wanted me to add a 2nd also) , was offered a 3rd and a future 2nd lol, just all over the place

Edited by Pwingles

1 minute ago, Pwingles said:

was offered manny sanders and a couple random 3rd and 4th rds, was offered thielen (they wanted me to add a 2nd also) , was offered a 3rd and a future 2nd lol, just all over the place

Even though I'm not a Sanders guy, I might take that trade since they're about the same tier to me but I prefer the more steady scoring of the RB position. And Philly is just a better organization than Washington.

4 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

All those offers are bad, imo.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Even though I'm not a Sanders guy, I might take that trade since they're about the same tier to me but I prefer the more steady scoring of the RB position. And Philly is just a better organization than Washington.

was super confused when I read "philly" and now I see that you saw "manny" and prolly thought "miles"

i was talking about manny sanders wr NOS. I think I snap accept the Miles side, and try and flip him. His perceived value is much higher rn

Edited by Pwingles

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Even though I'm not a Sanders guy, I might take that trade since they're about the same tier to me 

Sanders is 33.

ETA: I see you are thinking it was Miles Sanders.

Edited by Dr. Octopus

Oops. Read that wrong. Yeah, Manny Sanders is a bad offer.

McLaurin and Chark have the same problem. Which is the real guy - the one they showed at their peak or the valley?

9 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

Since you clarified that it is Emmanuel Sanders, I’d say none of these offer are close to McLaurin’s value in dynasty.  

As an owner I’d need the offer to start with a mid to later 1st round rookie pick and go from there. 

27 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

I would reject without a response on all of this. I think I would take only one of the top 3 RBs over McLaurin and I'm not sure I would do that. He is a stud. Needs the Skins offense to improve but I wouldn't move for less than a premium 1st.

15 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Oops. Read that wrong. Yeah, Manny Sanders is a bad offer.

McLaurin and Chark have the same problem. Which is the real guy - the one they showed at their peak or the valley?

I think i would prefer chark at this point without any further clarification on the Was Qb situation.

9 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

Since you clarified that it is Emmanuel Sanders, I’d say none of these offer are close to McLaurin’s value in dynasty.  

As an owner I’d need the offer to start with a mid to later 1st round rookie pick and go from there. 

I took a minute to think about the Thielen offer. My team was very competitive last season, even with the poor wr group, so it made me think it would just be a little more higher floor with thielen. I hated the idea of adding to my side though. He wanted a mid 2nd. None of the places I looked agreed that Thielen alone was really any more valuable, let alone enough for me to add. This draft is so deep at wr, I will likely get a player who has a decent shot at producing this year, or next and will out perform that draft slot. Especially in superflex where the position players slide some. So getting to keep McLaurin and potentially get a couple solid adds at wr is prolly better.

3 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

I took a minute to think about the Thielen offer. My team was very competitive last season, even with the poor wr group, so it made me think it would just be a little more higher floor with thielen. I hated the idea of adding to my side though. He wanted a mid 2nd. None of the places I looked agreed that Thielen alone was really any more valuable, let alone enough for me to add. This draft is so deep at wr, I will likely get a player who has a decent shot at producing this year, or next and will out perform that draft slot. Especially in superflex where the position players slide some. So getting to keep McLaurin and potentially get a couple solid adds at wr is prolly better.

Going back to my previous comments, I own both McLaurin and Thielen.  And I agree that Thielen has a higher floor, especially now that Diggs has moved on but he’s also significantly older and has had a few injuries the last few years.  So there’s no way I’d add a 2nd to McLaurin to get Thielen.  If I was in win now mode and it was a straight up swap I might consider it but that would be the only time.  

What's the value of a "middle aged" RB to a rebuilding team? 

I tried to get Chubb from a guy for two later first round picks but he countered with Henry. The two years difference is giving me pause even though the value itself is heavily skewed to me.

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What's the value of a "middle aged" RB to a rebuilding team? 

I tried to get Chubb from a guy for two later first round picks but he countered with Henry. The two years difference is giving me pause even though the value itself is heavily skewed to me.

I personally prefer Chubb. Especially for a rebuilding team.

Henry is still relatively low miles tho

he has more than a seasons worth of carries less in rush atts than zeke and just more than 1/4 the rec's as zeke.

• Like 1

TE premium what player would be equal to Evan Engram?  

He was on a tear to start the year in 2019, then he got hurt.  Seems to be pretty normal for him.  14.6 PPG average over the first 9 weeks.  But his production is elite when he's on the field.  I was thinking someone like JuJu, Kupp, OBJ, Allen Robinson, Thielen, and according to my dynasty rankings that's roughly equivalent to the 1.09.  Anyways, what's he worth?  

Right now I imagine everyone is just "hopeful" for whatever young TE they have on their roster (Howard, Jarwin, Gesicki, Herndon, Ian Thomas, Jonnu, Hockenson, Goedert, Hooper, Fant, Irv Smith, Higbee, they all have strong outlooks right now) so in season he might be worth more especially after he strings together a few good games.  If the young TE's do something, then Engram isn't worth as much because positional advantage wouldn't be there anymore.  That's what has kept Kelce/Gronk ahead of everyone else for years.  

3 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

He was on a tear to start the year in 2019, then he got hurt.  Seems to be pretty normal for him.  14.6 PPG average over the first 9 weeks.  But his production is elite when he's on the field.  I was thinking someone like JuJu, Kupp, OBJ, Allen Robinson, Thielen, and according to my dynasty rankings that's roughly equivalent to the 1.09.  Anyways, what's he worth?  

Right now I imagine everyone is just "hopeful" for whatever young TE they have on their roster (Howard, Jarwin, Gesicki, Herndon, Ian Thomas, Jonnu, Hockenson, Goedert, Hooper, Fant, Irv Smith, Higbee, they all have strong outlooks right now) so in season he might be worth more especially after he strings together a few good games.  If the young TE's do something, then Engram isn't worth as much because positional advantage wouldn't be there anymore.  That's what has kept Kelce/Gronk ahead of everyone else for years.  

I suppose 1.09 is about right but it’s a different game at te these days, hard to deal one for what you might think they’re worth because no one wants to pay for one. 

31 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

If the young TE's do something, then Engram isn't worth as much because positional advantage wouldn't be there anymore.  That's what has kept Kelce/Gronk ahead of everyone else for years. 

FWIW Engram averaged 16.425 FFPC points before he went down.

If it was me only player you listed I'd consider moving him for is JuJu.   I also don't believe he is injury prone or prone to injury based on his style of play, just bad luck so that's probably were I see him differently then others.  Now I think a lot of people in fantasy community are down on him ,  which is another reason I'd just hold.

Also I don't see that last sentence the way you do. Even if a few TE's break out the rookie class this year stinks. Meanwhile we are getting massive influx of WR's. I believe only 8 WR's outscored Engram last year in FFPC PPG. So as a flex he's basically a WR1, while providing backup protection and I still believe upside to be a difference maker. So to me he's worth more then a similar scoring similar aged WR. But that's my fantasy team building philosophy and not all agree.

I know this is the league you got Thomas, Herndon and Kelce. I'd not be in a hurry to deal either of them honestly and know you just traded for Kelce so really talking about the 3 young TE's.  In part because of what I said about the rookie TE class being so sorry. I'd at least wait till your draft starts and let teams feeling a TE pinch meet your price. If they don't, so be it, just carry the 4 into the season and if they break out then you can look to deal. And if a draft trade does now work just hold on and if  Thomas or Herndon break out I could see your team being a viable 3 start TE some weeks, and not because you have to but because you want to,  so it would not sweat me to feel like I got to be in a hurry to move one.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

zeke and AJ Brown for Tyreek and 1.01... which side do you have on a win now ppr roster

Tough call but I'm going to go Tyreek and the 1.1 on assumption you are using 1.1 on RB you view as being best player in 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I suppose 1.09 is about right but it’s a different game at te these days, hard to deal one for what you might think they’re worth because no one wants to pay for one. 

I have an all-star TE lineup in a TE Premo league and it would have to be in that 1.5-1.7 area for me.

Tex

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigTex said:

I have an all-star TE lineup in a TE Premo league and it would have to be in that 1.5-1.7 area for me.

Tex

I get the valuation but I just don’t think many people are going to pay that in most leagues after a down year. 

1 minute ago, Snorkelson said:

I get the valuation but I just don’t think many people are going to pay that in most leagues after a down year. 

I agree, many won't. The rookie hype machine is too strong even when the player is proven.

Tex

9 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

Thanks. trying to figure out what to do... I have Barkley, Zeke, Mixon, Henderson. My WRs are good not great. I could use a guy like Hill to put with Godwin, Kupp, Sutton. 

And yes, RB would be 1.01, and I hold 1.02, 1.04

Given you have 1.02 and 1.04, I would keep Zeke. You will get 1 or 2 rookie RBs, so why would you need 3? They aren’t Gauranteed producers....and Zeke is.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

Thanks. trying to figure out what to do... I have Barkley, Zeke, Mixon, Henderson. My WRs are good not great. I could use a guy like Hill to put with Godwin, Kupp, Sutton. 

And yes, RB would be 1.01, and I hold 1.02, 1.04

Especially since you own those other picks I really don't see how you would take that offer (not saying it isn't a fair one). Look at how Zeke has produced, and he's still a few years away from decline. I think his sure thing production versus the 1.01 makes up for the gap from Hill to AJB. Starting Barkely, Zeke and Mixon gives you a huge advantage over most teams you play and your WRs will still stack up to most teams.

Edited by Dr. Octopus

28 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I think I just am worried McCarthy will destroy Zeke's value. I have zero faith in that guy

I have Zeke in that dynasty league I'm in. I never thought of this. Never crossed my mind. Not for one minute. How dumb of me. I have buyers. Now might be the time. He's going to start the season at 25. This and next are his peak years, and then it's decline. Sell before the apex, I should be telling myself.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I have Zeke in that dynasty league I'm in. I never thought of this. Never crossed my mind. Not for one minute. How dumb of me. I have buyers. Now might be the time. He's going to start the season at 25. This and next are his peak years, and then it's decline. Sell before the apex, I should be telling myself.

Why would you worry about McCarthy hurting Zeke's value? Did he hurt Eddie Lacy's, who was inferior as a runner and pass catcher? Maybe people think he didn't utilize Aaron Jones correctly but maybe Jones progressed in his game and he did add 10 pounds to his frame during the offseason after McCarthy left.

ETA: and he has three potential peak years left (25,26,27) - that's a lot of production to forgo. 

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2020 at 11:47 AM, Pwingles said:

Was offered Sterling Shepard, 2021 1st and 3rd. meh.

Posted (edited)

Probably more of a 2020 question but more talk from the Chargers that Lynn is bullish on Tyrod Taylor and for more than one year. Is Tyrod a top 12 fantasy QB considering his rushing ability and a strong group of receiving weapons.

Edited by dmac37

4 minutes ago, dmac37 said:

Probably more of a 2020 question but more talk from the Chargers that Lynn is bullish on Tyrod Taylor and for more than one year. Is Tyrod a top 12 fantasy QB considering his rushing ability and a strong group of receiving weapons.

I think there’s a chance, but I’m not bold enough to make that my prediction. I’ve heard Keenan Allen’s name floated in trade rumors as well, so we will see what this looks like in a month. I think Tyrod is a decent QB, who did a lot with a little in buffalo and a bad team in Cleveland that was ready to move on before he even got started. Maybe he’s just a retread like Fitzpatrick or Mccown, but I think he’s got what is likely his last chance to be a starter and will try to make the most of it. Sometimes you see this (Alex Smith) where a guy suddenly becomes less afraid of the repercussions of mistakes because they have nothing to lose and they put together a solid season. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

2. He seemed to refuse to run at the goal line

Now, some of that may be he didnt have a great GL back, but not really... he had some good full backs and some decent halfbacks to punch it in. When he finally started using Ripkowski he did quite well. But none were Zeke

How much of that is on Rodgers? He seems like a pretty big diva and stat-whore?

39 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

How much of that is on Rodgers? He seems like a pretty big diva and stat-whore?

I think Rodgers would audible out of almost anything McCarthy would call lol....It sure seemed to me he handed it off plenty of times at the goal line last year with Lafluer.

8 hours ago, dmac37 said:

The reason that Lynn is bullish on Tyrod goes back to their days together in Buffalo. Lynn was the ###'t head coach in 2015 and OC in 2016.

Tyrod's number those years were....

2015 -- 63.7%, 20 TD's, 6 INT's

2016 -- 61.7%, 16 TD's, 6 INT's

Regardless of whether I, or anyone else, am optimistic on Tyrod's long-term prospects, he does have periods where he's been successful while limiting turnovers.... and Coach Lynn knows that very well.

I just remember he was pretty awful at the end in Buffalo and in Cleveland. I think people remember him as being better than he actually was. I guess for fantasy he's an ok QB2 but I wouldn't expect much honestly. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting to see team visits broken down in one chart.

---------------------------------------

Tom Kislingbury@TomKislingbury

Here's all visits by team broken out by position.

Some things I see:

• - The Bucs are looking hard for more OL help.
  • - The Rams want another RB
  • - The Cowboys are focusing on defense
  • - The Ravens know they need a LB
  • - The Browns and Jets need some big O linemen in the worst way

>>  👉  >>  LINK to graph of visits by team broken out by position 

----------------------------------------

Oops.:blush:

Meant to post this in a different thread.  

Edited by Bracie Smathers
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 9:26 PM, Dr. Dan said:

zeke and AJ Brown for Tyreek and 1.01... which side do you have on a win now ppr roster

Zeke and AJB is the better side of that deal.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:35 PM, dmac37 said:

I don't think he is a top 12 redraft QB, much less in dynasty. In real life, I think he will be a bottom 5-10 NFL QB.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:44 PM, Snorkelson said:

I think there’s a chance, but I’m not bold enough to make that my prediction. I’ve heard Keenan Allen’s name floated in trade rumors as well, so we will see what this looks like in a month. I think Tyrod is a decent QB, who did a lot with a little in buffalo and a bad team in Cleveland that was ready to move on before he even got started. Maybe he’s just a retread like Fitzpatrick or Mccown, but I think he’s got what is likely his last chance to be a starter and will try to make the most of it. Sometimes you see this (Alex Smith) where a guy suddenly becomes less afraid of the repercussions of mistakes because they have nothing to lose and they put together a solid season. 

I'd be interested to know what trade rumors you are talking about. I follow the Chargers closely and have not seen that. I think there is zero chance of Allen going anywhere, and, in fact, I think it is likely the team will extend this contract this offseason.

I don't think Smith is a particularly good comp for Tyrod, either.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, dmac37 said:

He averaged over 20 and a little over 22 fantasy points a game in almost full season starts in Buffalo so if he could actually keep the job all season I'd say yes it's possible.

• Like 1

Courtland Sutton = what 2020 rookie slot?

5 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Courtland Sutton = what 2020 rookie slot?

I'm not sure I'd give him up for the 1.01 honestly.