What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (6 Viewers)

According to Hindery's April trade value chart Hunt + 2020 rookie pick 18 = McLaurin. I think his chart puts less value on Hunt than I do (he has Hunt = Shepard) but wanted to get other opinions.

According to his chart Hunt + 2020 rookie pick 5 is a little higher than Sutton, so arranging the options according to the chart looks like this:

Hunt and rookie pick 5

Sutton

McLaurin and C. Davis

Ridley

Hunt and rookie pick 18

Shepard
I'm not a fan of his chart in general. 

According to Hindery's April trade value chart Hunt + 2020 rookie pick 18 = McLaurin. I think his chart puts less value on Hunt than I do (he has Hunt = Shepard) but wanted to get other opinions.

According to his chart Hunt + 2020 rookie pick 5 is a little higher than Sutton, so arranging the options according to the chart looks like this:

Hunt and rookie pick 5

Sutton

McLaurin and C. Davis

Ridley

Hunt and rookie pick 18

Shepard
I like his chart quite a bit, in concept anyway, and I typically agree with most of it. There always a few names that we're going to disagree on, as would be the case with any other calculator or rankings out there. For me, I'm way, way higher on McLaurin than the community in general. I think a lot of people think he can be a star. I think he might be the next superstar. The QB question is real, though, and it is depressing his value for sure. I see him as a much better receiver than Sutton, who I also like a lot, but whose QB situation is seemingly better. Davis to me is a lottery ticket that still has a heartbeat. I can *easily* see Hunt and 1.05 winning the day here, though, and I think those top 3 are really close. 

Also, market value has Hunt plus the 1.05 as greater than Hunt and the 2.06, because duh, but there is a non zero chance that those are switched this time next year, if one hits and the other doesn't. Or even midseason. I just think that's interesting, not really any point to it.

Looking at late round RB flyers in best ball PPR leagues. Seems like both Nyheim Hines and Justin Jackson could see increased rolls this year. Who you buying between the two or is there someone else available in the late rounds you're targeting in your leagues? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Evans in rookie picks?  Can he be had for 1.03?
I would happily move 1.3 to grab Evans. All he's done is balled since coming into the league, and why people think Brady will kill his value is beyond my comprehension. He doesn't have to get 40-50 yard bombs to be valuable. Gronk made a living on goal line TDs, easy to imagine that being Evans in this offense. 

hispeedthinmint said:
Any Fournette trades lately? I am thinking it's time to shop him (In PPR dynasty), but unsure what sort of players I should ask for. Ideally, I'd like a starting RB back in the deal. I have many quality pieces to add with him as well (Mainly WRs)

Maybe I should shop D. Henry in the same league as well?
Seems like everyone is a seller right now.  In almost all of my leagues the Fournette owner has posted that he's on the block and I have yet to see him actually moved in any of them.  Doesn't seem like many buyers.  He might just be a hold as I think you'd have to take less to move him.

What is Hopkins' value right now. He's on the block and I'm struggling with what to offer.

I threw out my 1.09 this year and my 2021 1st and it was rejected without a counter. Next year's will be mid-late too, so maybe that's way low. I just have some reservations about him switching teams, and don't want to give up too much.

EDIT: He just countered with Fournette and Hopkins for Saquon and Kupp.

I guess I was far off...

He's overly aggressive, but you were indeed pretty far off.  I don't think Hopkins is going to drop off much in value.  Watson wasn't exactly Deshaun Dimes getting him the ball and Murray is going to throw the ball a bajillion times so we can tag Hopkins with 1/3 a bajillion targets.  I have him in 3 leagues and it would take more than 1.01 to pry him away or some other similarly elite asset.  Saquon is too much, Kupp not enough.  I also own Barkley and might be tempted by Hopkins and Fournette for him.

I like what I've seen from Penny when he plays. Conditioning and injuries have been a huge issue obviously. But if somehow he recovers from the knee and gets his act together, I think he has talent. That's a big if though so I wouldn't be surprised either if they used some draft capital to get another one. Penny does come pretty cheap right now though so for the chance he does turn it around he might be a good investment.
Penny is probably 300+ by now.

What is Hopkins' value right now. He's on the block and I'm struggling with what to offer.

I threw out my 1.09 this year and my 2021 1st and it was rejected without a counter. Next year's will be mid-late too, so maybe that's way low. I just have some reservations about him switching teams, and don't want to give up too much.

I guess I was far off...
I just traded Nuk about 2 week's ago for 1.02 and 1.06

I guess I was far off...
Sometimes a guy is sitting on the block hoping for a huge offer. I’ll usually float my best player out there just to see what comes through, but I’ve had people assume since they’re on the block that I must not want them and can’t believe I’m not taking the trade they offered. 

Sometimes a guy is sitting on the block hoping for a huge offer. I’ll usually float my best player out there just to see what comes through, but I’ve had people assume since they’re on the block that I must not want them and can’t believe I’m not taking the trade they offered. 
In my experience putting a player on the block is a sure-fire way to get offers under a guy's value.  I'm not blaming people for doing that, as I think the exact same thing when I see someone else put a player on the block.

If you're looking to move a guy and get back full value the best way is certainly to do the legwork and send out some offers.  Putting a guy on the block is generally a tradeoff of sacrificing value to not have to do the work.

So assuming Gronk is on your wire in your dynasty leagues (out of my 10 leagues he's on the wire in 5 of them) what rookie/fa draft pick do you think he's worth? Because of the lack of good TEs in this draft, I'm thinking he might be worth a mid to late 2nd to a contender? Or more likely a 3rd? What do you guys think? 

So assuming Gronk is on your wire in your dynasty leagues (out of my 10 leagues he's on the wire in 5 of them) what rookie/fa draft pick do you think he's worth? Because of the lack of good TEs in this draft, I'm thinking he might be worth a mid to late 2nd to a contender? Or more likely a 3rd? What do you guys think? 
I checked in my FFPC leagues, he's available in all of them.  I plan on taking him early 2nd if he's there for my teams that are win now AND I don't have a TE.  

I have a few teams that are win now but I need to replace a few players with youth, so I'm less likely to take him early 2nd in those.  That's how I view him right away though.  I can't imagine paying a 1st for him, but then again he is only 31, so I wouldn't hate the idea but I'd need to be that single piece away probably. 

Any Drake trades went down lately? I’m interested in buying to pair with Kyler.  Just trying to get an idea of what he’s been going for.  I offered Parker and two 2020 4ths just as a starting point but I’m not sure if that’s enough to move the needle. 

Any Drake trades went down lately? I’m interested in buying to pair with Kyler.  Just trying to get an idea of what he’s been going for.  I offered Parker and two 2020 4ths just as a starting point but I’m not sure if that’s enough to move the needle. 
I own Drake and that is an offer that I would not be interested in...both players have been teases for awhile and even though Parker was lights out the second half of last year right now Drake has an opportunity to be a top 10 RB...if I am going to give up a RB with that much upside I would target a higher-end WR (or RB) and use Drake as a piece of the package to get him...the other part of this type of deal (dealing a RB for a WR) is does the guy trading Drake have enough RB depth to make  this type of move as it could leave a big void in his RB unit.

Yesterday Drake and the 1.04  netted Zeke in a league where a new owner took over a team with Zeke.

Yesterday Drake and the 1.05  netted Zeke in a league where a new owner took over a team with Zeke.
Whoa. Guess I’ve been underestimating his market value. I also have Moore and Golladay but I didn’t realize I would have to come off one of them to get a deal done for him. 

So assuming Gronk is on your wire in your dynasty leagues (out of my 10 leagues he's on the wire in 5 of them) what rookie/fa draft pick do you think he's worth?
Gronk is available in the rookie/vet draft for  all 6 of my FFPC scoring leagues and Hurst available in 5 of them. I'm extremely curious to see where they are valued. Who is valued more due to age and wear and tear gap going to the inferior player?

Personally I think both are not later then mid seconds, think this is off?

Gronk is available in the rookie/vet draft for  all 6 of my FFPC scoring leagues and Hurst available in 5 of them. I'm extremely curious to see where they are valued. Who is valued more due to age and wear and tear gap going to the inferior player?

Personally I think both are not later then mid seconds, think this is off?
About the same here. One Superflex FFPC league has those two and Jarwin and Ebron. Same territory. There is also Damien Williams available, if he survives the draft he would be maybe late 1st? As it happens I hold the 1.11, 1.12, and 2.01, all thru trades. I'm thinking very hard about reaching for one of those TEs or DWill with one of those picks. Or maybe trading back with one.

Anyone else have thoughts about this?
Talking to a couple of owners in my one league who are interested in Hunt it seems like they value him as a 1st round rookie pick (1.06 - 1.10 range). I was surprised to see him valued that high. It has led me to rethink the offers I have received for him and my 1.05 pick.

Wanted to provide that info. to others who might have Hunt and wondering what his value might be in a PPR league.

. There is also Damien Williams available,
How? Is this a private league with an earlier cut date then FFPC?

I've also seen vets fall very far in FFPC rookie/FA drafts
Closest comp I have for the two TE's is Fleener the year he signed with Saints. Back then we had to do cuts before FA and this his perceived value shot up once he signed with Saints. That was not an overly strong draft that year and I want to say he consistently went in the 8-10 area of all of my drafts. He was 28 at the time so older then Hurst. But again that was not considered a strong class but he went over guys like Michael Thomas, Hunter Henry and Calvin Ridley in several of my drafts.

Talking to a couple of owners in my one league who are interested in Hunt it seems like they value him as a 1st round rookie pick (1.06 - 1.10 range). I was surprised to see him valued that high. It has led me to rethink the offers I have received for him and my 1.05 pick.

Wanted to provide that info. to others who might have Hunt and wondering what his value might be in a PPR league.
I offered 2.1 for him in a league I also had 8 and 11 and counter I got back was wanting 8/2.1 and Tarik Cohen. When I made the offer I knew I'd go from 13 to 11 if asked but once I got this counter I just let it go.

The two leagues I have him I value him more then any RB I believe I'll like at back end of round one. So for me if I need a RB or he's on a team where I feel like I need him more then a WR I'm not moving him for a late first and would pay that for him as well.

My prediction on the draft is one of the top tier RB's ends in a spot similar to what Hunt is looking at, sharing the backfield with someone who figures to get more touches or is major comp. Just not enough clear openings. So I'll re-asses this all, probably after Friday night when the RB's land but this is were I'm at now. But if one of the top RB's falls to a bad spot that makes them drop to late round one I'd be inclined to try and cash out Hunt and get younger.

Whoa. Guess I’ve been underestimating his market value. I also have Moore and Golladay but I didn’t realize I would have to come off one of them to get a deal done for him. 
Two of the better guys (IMO) are Eisenberg and Richard from CBS Sportsline...they have Drake ranked 8th and 11th right now...he is not a definite because he has never shown it for a full season but when you look at what he did with Arizona as a mid-season pick-up last year and if you believe their offense should take another step forward this year (which I do) he has legit top 10 potential...now, you can make a case that this makes it a perfect time to sell him but if I did I would be aiming pretty high...would hate to do it for something like Parker and then see Drake go off.

How? Is this a private league with an earlier cut date then FFPC?

Closest comp I have for the two TE's is Fleener the year he signed with Saints. Back then we had to do cuts before FA and this his perceived value shot up once he signed with Saints. That was not an overly strong draft that year and I want to say he consistently went in the 8-10 area of all of my drafts. He was 28 at the time so older then Hurst. But again that was not considered a strong class but he went over guys like Michael Thomas, Hunter Henry and Calvin Ridley in several of my drafts.
No it's a Superflex FFPC, so with the cuts to 16 at the end of March, keeping all those extra QBs only makes the FA pool even stronger. I didn't see when Damien was cut, could have been earlier, I'm not sure. 

What’s Unicorn worth these days ? 
I would think somewhere around the turn. I don’t think someone gives up the chance for Reagor/Ruggs/Jefferson, but the mims/aiyuk/Pittman tier of guys seems about right, depending on what your tiers look like of course. I feel like if you have him, you want a late 1st or you hold, and if you want him, you don’t want to pay more than a mid-2. 

I would think somewhere around the turn. I don’t think someone gives up the chance for Reagor/Ruggs/Jefferson, but the mims/aiyuk/Pittman tier of guys seems about right, depending on what your tiers look like of course. I feel like if you have him, you want a late 1st or you hold, and if you want him, you don’t want to pay more than a mid-2. 
If I find myself at 11-15 and Reagor/Jefferson are off the board, but all those other guys are still there, I'm doing everything I can to trade it for Unicorn + late 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread