What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA Pigeon Thread (1 Viewer)

Then how did you get sucked into it all? I can't remember all the details. Guess I'll kill a couple hours reading this thread again
In short, he basically said anyone who made an online bet with some one they did not know deserved what ever they get.  He basically absolved CSTU of being the person who was wrong.  After not giving up on this ridiculous stance, he got shredded by numerous posters who found out his love of the birds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then how did you get sucked into it all? I can't remember all the details. Guess I'll kill a couple hours reading this thread again
To make a long story short: CSTU and myself were the most vocal liberals/progressives on the board. Once CSTU had taken a powder, the usual suspects needed someone to go after and that was me by default. It was guilt by association and the mob came after me with the idea to drive me from these forums, with the attacks reaching almost demented proportions (it was so bad that even Eminence, of all people was saying that it had gone too far and amounted to cyber bullying). In any event, I survived and lived to post another day. 

In short, he basically said anyone who made an online bet with some one they did not know deserved what ever they get.  He basically absolved CSTU of being the person who was wrong.  After not giving up on this ridiculous stance, he got shredded by numerous posters who found out his love of the birds.
That is a false statement. I never absolved CSTU of being in the wrong. I always felt he should have honored the wager.

And I didn't say people deserved what they got. I did however say (paraphrasing) that if something seems too good to be true (like an anonymous person giving 7:1 odds on a message board) then it probably is. The wager offer looked suspicious to me from the get go and my point was people should not have surprised when it played out the way it did. 

You should a like from everyone in this thread for this post  :wub:

:banned:

That is a false statement. I never absolved CSTU of being in the wrong. I always felt he should have honored the wager.

And I didn't say people deserved what they got. I did however say (paraphrasing) that if something seems too good to be true (like an anonymous person giving 7:1 odds on a message board) then it probably is. The wager offer looked suspicious to me from the get go and my point was people should not have surprised when it played out the way it did. 
Would you say that you have any particular favorite type of bird? 

To make a long story short: CSTU and myself were the most vocal liberals/progressives on the board. Once CSTU had taken a powder, the usual suspects needed someone to go after and that was me by default. It was guilt by association and the mob came after me with the idea to drive me from these forums, with the attacks reaching almost demented proportions (it was so bad that even Eminence, of all people was saying that it had gone too far and amounted to cyber bullying). In any event, I survived and lived to post another day. 
I have no idea what your politics are. I only remember the pigeons. 

And I didn't say people deserved what they got. I did however say (paraphrasing) that if something seems too good to be true (like an anonymous person giving 7:1 odds on a message board) then it probably is.
Instead of paraphrasing, lets look at the much less polite way you actually stated  you point over and over again

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Let's see...you make an idiotic bet where some anonymous poster on a message board who says he will give you 7-1 odds, but the best bet any online book or anyone will give you is 3-1 here, or maybe 4-1. And you got an issue with me who you out called you for your silly threads like Kaepernick or your conclusive proof (from a flawed poll) that Five Guys is better than In-N-Out Burger.

Dude, an anonymous poster on a message board gave 7-1 odds for $2,100 in bets where the most generous internet sites were giving 4-1.

I am Shocked! Shocked! that he has taken a powder. 

The fact that you and others here expected a prompt pay off (if any at all) speaks volumes about your gullibility.

Yeah, maybe he is good for this, but few here have $2,100 in loose change or their PayPal account that they can make this type of payment.

I offered $100 bets at even money, thank goodness no one took me up on that. :hophead:

Yes, and thank you for confirming everything I said in a prior post.  
I still can't find any post of you calling out CSTU for being at complete and total fault back when this all started.  I did get bored finding a ton of posts of you blaming every one else though who made the bet with him.  I only clipped the first few.

It certainly showed your true colors very clearly, which is why you got piled on by so many posters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEbwZfkeIt8

1 hour ago,  squistion said: 

And I didn't say people deserved what they got. I did however say (paraphrasing) that if something seems too good to be true (like an anonymous person giving 7:1 odds on a message board) then it probably is.

Instead of paraphrasing, lets look at the much less polite way you actually stated  you point over and over again

On 11/10/2016 at 10:03 PM,  squistion said: 

A fool and his money are soon parted.

On 11/10/2016 at 10:28 PM,  squistion said: 

Let's see...you make an idiotic bet where some anonymous poster on a message board who says he will give you 7-1 odds, but the best bet any online book or anyone will give you is 3-1 here, or maybe 4-1. And you got an issue with me who you out called you for your silly threads like Kaepernick or your conclusive proof (from a flawed poll) that Five Guys is better than In-N-Out Burger.

On 11/10/2016 at 10:50 PM,  squistion said: 

Dude, an anonymous poster on a message board gave 7-1 odds for $2,100 in bets where the most generous internet sites were giving 4-1.

I am Shocked! Shocked! that he has taken a powder. 

The fact that you and others here expected a prompt pay off (if any at all) speaks volumes about your gullibility.

Yeah, maybe he is good for this, but few here have $2,100 in loose change or their PayPal account that they can make this type of payment.

I offered $100 bets at even money, thank goodness no one took me up on that. 
Regarding the bolded:   :own3d:

@NewlyRetired bringing receipts

I still can't find any post of you calling out CSTU for being at complete and total fault back when this all started.  I did get bored finding a ton of posts of you blaming every one else though who made the bet with him.  I only clipped the first few.

It certainly showed your true colors very clearly, which is why you got piled on by so many posters.
exactly.  

look at the squizz acting all innocent - business as usual.  

Squizz earns any grief he gets.  

So CSTU is gone again? Kinda assumed that... 

This thread is worth the $700 I never collected, it’s the true FFA unifier, and Chad truly showed his colors being that we all offered to to forgive and let him send the debt to charity; real class act.

One thing I don’t recall, how did MoP wind up in the mix?

I gotta reread this thing.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remembered that squis was a martyr/whiner/grating type, but couldn't remember why. Now I can. 

Let's see a quote about limiting your exposure and a post consolidating the bets for tracking purpose.  Yeah looks like joke bets to me.  :lmao:
Ok this post does it. I’m going to have to go back and read 90 pages to see how this guy welched, how someone tracked him down, perhaps through some sort of cd business? And some sort of pigeon live stream event? I feel like I’m watching pulp fiction, and at the end it will all come together. 

this wasn’t the post I quoted but whatever...now I find out the pigeon was on a dating game? 

Ok this post does it. I’m going to have to go back and read 90 pages to see how this guy welched, how someone tracked him down, perhaps through some sort of cd business? And some sort of pigeon live stream event? I feel like I’m watching pulp fiction, and at the end it will all come together. 
Cut out some time, it's worth it. The "Pulp Fiction" reference is equal to a thousand likes.   :yes:

don't know how you found it suspicious as that was Vegas odds at the time, but whatever.

Gotta say, one of my favorite parts of the entire thing was once it was clear that CSTU ghosted immediately after the election, a bunch of you made fake profiles with names like "CSTU1" or "notCSTU" and were posting under that name.  I think there were a good 10-20 of them before the mods disallowed it. 

Gotta say, one of my favorite parts of the entire thing was once it was clear that CSTU ghosted immediately after the election, a bunch of you made fake profiles with names like "CSTU1" or "notCSTU" and were posting under that name.  I think there were a good 10-20 of them before the mods disallowed it. 
Meanwhile, my alias is still awaiting approval.  :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread