What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 **** (1 Viewer)

I posted a thread about this also, you had me by 1 minute, Hawks!!

Looks very funny; liked the line "You just need to find a woman who is pathetic. Like you."

Sweet.  The first one was my favorite Marvel movie.  Can't wait!
It's arguably my favorite Marvel movie as well.  I may even go so far to say it's on par with the original Star Wars trilogy.  Probably blasphemy but I liked it that much.

Not crazy about Groot being tiny still
That will probably change eventually.  Vin Desel is still voicing the character.  So unless he just puts his balls in a vice grip for his voice overs I'd think Groot will eventually grow back to normal size.

That will probably change eventually.  Vin Desel is still voicing the character.  So unless he just puts his balls in a vice grip for his voice overs I'd think Groot will eventually grow back to normal size.

But baby Groot is sooo cute!

Looks like they did a quick rewrite after reading the wooing thread. Everyone loves hugs

Looks great

Teaser looked great. I thought the first one was one of the top 2-3 Marvel films. Very much looking forward to this. The first one was my wife's favorite movie of the year. She has watched it a lot of times. I had to buy her copy she was killing me renting it on Amazon.

This may have been posted in the MCU thread but here it is for the this one too.

It looks like it'll be at the very least as good as the first one.

Do me! Do me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not like this film much the first time I saw it. Grown to like it a lot upon subsequent viewings. Really liked the first two trailers and definitely looking forward to the sequel and seeing the characters in the next Avengers film.

Baby Groot FTW.  

first one is the best marvel movie, IMO, hopefully this lives up to it
I hope they just stay true to the formula that worked with the first one.  Great humor and a good backstory.  I think they will build on it.  The trailer has me very hopeful.

If Marvel is looking to do a one off with lower stakes, I think a Rocket and Groot origin story mixed in with some sort of heist or caper could be fantastic.   It would be nice to see a movie in this series where the fate of millions and billions was not always hanging in the balance.

If Marvel is looking to do a one off with lower stakes, I think a Rocket and Groot origin story mixed in with some sort of heist or caper could be fantastic.   It would be nice to see a movie in this series where the fate of millions and billions was not always hanging in the balance.
Agreed.  It's inevitable a Rocket and Groot movie is going to be made.

An entire movie centered around 2 CGI characters where one of them only says one phrase? I dunno about that

IIRC, Rocket was the one character that Disney targeted as being the most marketable/highest upside/face of the franchise....so yeah....I imaigne they'll have one. 
Arguably the two most popular characters from the original are Rocket and Groot.  Although Batista as Draxx was absolute perfecto casting.  Was amazed at how well he acted.

Arguably the two most popular characters from the original are Rocket and Groot.  Although Batista as Draxx was absolute perfecto casting.  Was amazed at how well he acted.
Yeah, I'm more of a fan of Batista as Draxx than as a wrestler.

I don't think he's even remotely got Dwayne Johnson's personality, but Batista could carve himself out a real nice acting career as a secondary actor.

Thunderlips said:
Yeah, I'm more of a fan of Batista as Draxx than as a wrestler.

I don't think he's even remotely got Dwayne Johnson's personality, but Batista could carve himself out a real nice acting career as a secondary actor.
No, he has no where near the charisma, but if used in the right roles he can have a successful (sorta already has one) acting career but he is limited as an actor.

I really disliked this overall after loving the first one.

That's two marvel movies in a row that have sucked for me because I hated strange also.

High hopes for Spider-Man.

I really disliked this overall after loving the first one.

That's two marvel movies in a row that have sucked for me because I hated strange also.

High hopes for Spider-Man.
Why?  It was practically the same movie.

I laughed my ### off. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't quite match the first but hit all the high marks for me, as far as a comic book movie goes.

Slightly dragged in the middle, but I appreciated how relevant all the character work was in Vol 2. Dipped into the Groot well one too many times probably, but every scene featuring him was funny.

Why?  It was practically the same movie.

I laughed my ### off. 
There was decent humor, the graphics were awesome.  The story was weak , they tried way too hard to make it overly emotional, if was too long, and baby groot is dumb, though I am jealous vin diesel gets to cash a check for that

Do you have no soul!?
It was a ####### cash grab. 

Maybe my struggle with this guardians is that I have almost no clue about the source material... and in the first I didn't feel like I was missing out on that much by not having that knowledge.. but this time I really felt out of it... and they spent so much time on that one guy's demise that I barely even gave a crap about and trying to make it really emotional and I just wanted to yell "move the #### on"

There was literally a table set up in the lobby of the theater selling toys. 
I remember when comic books and comic book movies were just about the story, man. Then the businessmen got involved and they started selling toys and bedspreads and video games and then it became more about marketing to the kids and less about the soul. 

I remember when comic books and comic book movies were just about the story, man. Then the businessmen got involved and they started selling toys and bedspreads and video games and then it became more about marketing to the kids and less about the soul. 
Dentist must love Ang Lee's Hulk

Users who are viewing this thread