What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Mitch Trubisky, BUF (2 Viewers)

I'm possibly (gulp) rolling with Mitch in my FF playoffs.  

(things I never thought I'd said in 2020 for $500, Ken)
You wagered...all but $1....I’m sorry about that (R.I.P. Alex)

Hey you never know. One year I started 7 different QBs, rallied from 3-5 to win 5 of the last 6, curb stomped the playoffs. Key to the turnaround? Josh McCown going off (remember that 5 TD MNF game?) Then smoking Jay came back and I finished off the year starting Alex Smith.

Anyway, point being no position is as easy to stream/replace than QB. Great matchups can backfire (looking at YOU Derek Carr) but in 1-QB 12 teamer leagues there is almost always a viable option laying around.

I'm possibly (gulp) rolling with Mitch in my FF playoffs.  

(things I never thought I'd said in 2020 for $500, Ken)

I have all but clinched a 1st round bye, so I should only need to worry about weeks 15 & (hopefully) 16.  He plays Jax and Minny in weeks 15 & 16, who are 3rd and 14th in FF points allowed in my league (no negative points for turnovers).

I've been streaming all year, but except for Darnold, every starting QB is on a roster in my 12-team league now.  It's Trubisky or Wentz for me.
Remember when most people thought Wentz was a pro bowl caliber QB? 

I would be okay with starting trubisky. He's better in FF than reality.  Thankfully though in the only league I have him (super flex) I traded for Tannehill when Mitch was looking to get benched, so now he's my 3rd behind Watson and Tanny. 

Trubisky or Teddy B for dynasty start 1 QB?
Long term, Teddy. 

Mithcell Trubisky is the ninth highest scoring quarterback in fantasy football over the past three weeks. 

Trubisky has been a QB streaming revelation since taking back the Bears' starting job from Nick Foles, who was abysmal throughout his time as starter. He's ninth in passing yardage (776) and -- most importantly -- second in passing touchdowns (7) over that span. Only Aaron Rodgers has thrown more touchdowns over the past three weeks. Peppering Allen Robinson with targets, Trubisky has shown some semblance of a fantasy ceiling since Week 12. He'll be a streaming option once again in Week 15 against the Vikings. 

RELATED: 

Nick Foles

Dec 14, 2020, 11:14 AM ET

Chicago Hooligan said:
Still quite bad on 3rd downs in that game.

The real question is what was ever the point of going to Foles for such a long stretch of the season.
Nagy wanted Foles. Thought he could run his system at a high enough level to win a Superbowl. It was, and is, clear that Trubisky isnt consistently good enough to do that, so you roll the dice. 

Nagy was wrong about Foles, or his system, or both, and he will likely pay for it with his job. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitchell Trubisky completed 15-of-21 passes for 202 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the Bears' Week 15 win over the Vikings.

It's not because he's good, but Trubisky is 5-2 as a starter this season. He's been better than Nick Foles at least. On Sunday, Trubisky spent most of the time handing the ball off to David Montgomery who had a career-high 146 yards and two touchdowns on 32 carries. When the ball was in Trubisky's hands, he was mostly good but did have a brutal pick in the red zone on a forced 50/50 ball. Trubisky will be a QB2 streamer against the injured Jaguars for those willing to ride the chaos.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:36 PM ET

Mitchell Trubisky completed 24-of-35 passes for 265 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Bears' 41-17, Week 16 win over the Jaguars, adding 10 rushing yards and a third touchdown on the ground.

Trubisky has been a legitimate QB1 since reclaiming starting duties in Week 12, and the Bears have won three in a row to take claim of the final No. 7 seed in the NFC playoff picture ahead of a Week 17 date with the Packers. Trubisky has a 10:4 TD:INT mark with an 11th touchdown on the ground since taking back over under center. His interception in this one was as boneheaded as they come, tossing a wobbling duck into the end zone on first down where he should have just thrown the ball away. But Trubisky has certainly cut down on the mistakes over the last month. His touchdowns in this one were five- and 22-yard hookups to Jimmy Graham and a six-yard keeper on the ground. Trubisky gets Green Bay in Week 17 where he'll be a boom-bust back-end QB1.

- Rotoworld
Mitchell Trubisky, fantasy playoffs winning QB.

The Gods truly must be ... goosey.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

In the eyes of some NFL executives, Mitchell Trubisky has played some of the best football of his career, and has made a case as to why Chicago will need to consider re-signing him — especially if the Bears now advance to the playoffs.

Mitchell Trubisky completed 19-of-29 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown in the Bears' 21-9, Wild Card loss to the Saints.

He rushed for 10 yards on three attempts. It was a bad performance, but Trubisky should have had a second touchdown if Javon Wims wouldn't have dropped a perfectly-thrown end-zone shot in the first quarter on a trick play. Trubisky's year was full of ups and downs, starting Weeks 1-3 but getting benched for Nick Foles after an injury. Foles later also got hurt, and Trubisky kept the job from Week 12 on and actually played pretty well for much of that time. He has his truly horrific moments, but Trubisky posted a respectable 10:5 TD:INT mark over the final six weeks with an 11th score on the ground and just two lost fumbles. Turnovers are Trubisky's drawback. He's slated for free agency, and odds would seem to be pretty high this was his last start with the Bears. Chicago will look for its new quarterback this offseason. Foles also isn't the answer.

Jan 10, 2021, 8:44 PM ET

Bills signed QB Mitchell Trubisky, formerly of the Bears, to a one-year contract.

Trubisky is replacing Matt Barkley as Josh Allen's backup, providing a significant upgrade for a Super Bowl contender. Former No. 2 overall pick Trubisky was an obvious massive bust in Chicago, but he is arguably coming off his best season as a pro last season when he reclaimed the starting job in Week 12 and posted a 10:5 TD:INT mark as a passer with an 11th score as a rusher. The Bears actually downgraded when they signed Andy Dalton over him this week. In Buffalo, Trubisky will work alongside OC Brian Daboll, who is credited with getting Allen to an MVP level after a bad rookie year. In Trubisky, Buffalo has a mobile quarterback who can move the offense in an Allen absence.

RELATED: 

Chicago Bears

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 18, 2021, 2:56 PM ET

TOTAL SPECULATION

Might a team take a chance on this guy after he spent one year with the team that helped develop Allen so effectively?

TOTAL SPECULATION

Might a team take a chance on this guy after he spent one year with the team that helped develop Allen so effectively?
Supposedly Washington tried to trade for him last year (at least I read that on a Skins forum) so if true, I could see them trying again this offseason, although I doubt that would appease any of our fanbase. 

TOTAL SPECULATION

That, plus Nagy looking incapable of tailoring an offense to the talent on the team, I'd say there's a good chance he's able to sign somewhere that allows him to compete for a starting gig. DEN, IND, etc. as teams without a clear cut stud could bring him in to fight for the top spot.

Supposedly Washington tried to trade for him last year (at least I read that on a Skins forum) so if true, I could see them trying again this offseason, although I doubt that would appease any of our fanbase. 
He is a free agent. I recall those rumours about Washington. 

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler suggested the Commanders, Panthers, and Giants could be good landing spots for Mitchell Trubisky in 2022. 

In New York, Trubisky -- an unrestricted free agent -- would reunite with Brian Daboll, Buffalo's offensive coordinator during Trubisky's one year with the Bills. He would provide a much-needed challenge to Daniel Jones as the team's Day One starter. Trubisky would be the presumed starter for the Commanders should the team sign him. An AFC executive said teams shouldn't judge Trubisky, 27, solely by his struggles in Chicago, where he played under one of the league's worst head coaches. "I could see him going to a situation where he can be a starting option and the team drafts a quarterback," the executive told Fowler. "He'll have to go out there and earn it, but there's certainly enough there where the right offense can accommodate him. The offense in Chicago was pretty rigid and on-script, and I'm not sure it suited him." Trubisky comes with some rushing appeal that could make him interesting for fantasy purposes. He averaged 4.92 rushes for 30.16 yards per game in 2018.

RELATED: 

Daniel Jones

, Taylor Heinicke

, Washington Commanders

, New York Giants

, Carolina Panthers

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Feb 22, 2022, 11:11 AM ET

If the Colts want to move away from Wentz, Trubisky would be a good option.  He was mishandled in Chicago and I still think he could be good.

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports the Giants will "very likely" pursue Mitchell Trubisky in free agency. 

ESPN's Jermey Fowler suggested in February that the Giants could be among a handful of teams to go after Trubisky in free agency after his one year as Josh Allen's backup. Trubisky would have a real shot to outplay Daniel Jones in training camp and start the season as New York's starter for new head coach Brian Daboll, who worked with Trubisky in Buffalo. Pauline has also connected Trubisky -- a former Bears first-round pick -- to the Steelers. Pauline said it's "probably going to take a lot of money to sign" Trubisky in the coming weeks -- a remarkable turn of events after his immense struggles in Chicago. Trubisky is certain to sign with a team willing to give him a shot to start. 

RELATED: 

Daniel Jones

, New York Giants

, Pittsburgh Steelers

SOURCE: ProFootballNetwork.com

Mar 5, 2022, 2:33 PM ET

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports there is a "strong belief" among teams involved in the quarterback market that impending free agent Mitchell Trubisky will end up signing with the Giants.

The dot-connecting has already been in the works with Trubisky and the Giants, and where there's smoke there's usually fire. New Giants GM Joe Schoen and head coach Brian Daboll were both with Trubisky in Buffalo last year, and competing with Daniel Jones would seem to be one of the easier competitions to win for Trubisky. We'd be surprised if he doesn't end up going to New York.

RELATED: 

Daniel Jones

, New York Giants

SOURCE: Charles Robinson on Twitter

Mar 8, 2022, 6:29 PM ET

I'm not sure how his stock has risen so much after sitting on the bench in Buffalo.    I wouldn't mind him competing for the job in Pittsburgh but at $10 million?   That is laughable.

I'm not sure how his stock has risen so much after sitting on the bench in Buffalo.    I wouldn't mind him competing for the job in Pittsburgh but at $10 million?   That is laughable.
I know it sounds weird because he was a backup in 2021, but I think he has improved the league impression of him since getting out of Chicago.  I believe GMs still believe in him to be honest.

This sack of crap in my league wouldn't take an early 3rd for Mitch. Most people still thinks he sucks right. Anybody giving up a 2nd for him right now?

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports that if the Giants sign Mitchell Trubisky it would likely lead to an outright quarterback competition. 

Ranaan reports that if the Giants sign Trubisky, "it would be with the intention of pushing incumbent Daniel Jones," and a plan of letting "the best quarterback throughout the spring and summer win." Trubisky played under Brian Daboll in 2021, backing up Josh Allen, and would have a leg up on Jones in terms of his knowledge of the offense. It's also plausible Trubisky is the more talented of the two, although that is a genuinely murky question given how sub-optimal the situations were for both quarterbacks to start their careers. Trubisky still has to decide on his landing spot in free agency, but it seems crystal clear that signing with the Giants will give him the best path to becoming a starter again.

RELATED: 

Daniel Jones

SOURCE: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Mar 9, 2022, 10:59 AM ET

He's an easy target, but could surprise on the upside - not like he was given much to work with in Chicago. The opportunity is certainly there. 

Steelers lol
NBC Sports Edge:

Steelers agreed to terms with QB Mitchell Trubisky, formerly of the Bills, on a two-year contract.

This is a pretty big upset after Trubisky was being heavily linked to the Giants where he'd follow GM Joe Schoen and coach Brian Daboll from the Bills to compete with Daniel Jones. However, the Giants are short on cap space, and instead Trubisky likely gets more money with the Steelers where he has an even clearer path to the starting job in the post-Ben Roehtlisberger era. Pittsburgh had made it known they wanted a quarterback with more mobility moving forward, and Trubisky gives them that. Still, this move is likely a downgrade for guys like Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool. The Steelers are going to try and run the ball more.

RELATED: 

Buffalo Bills

, New York Giants

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Mar 14, 2022, 12:57 PM ET

I'll always be grateful that I got to be here for the Mitch Trubisky era in Buffalo.  Who can forget that time in the WC round when he took the field late in the fourth quarter to kneel out the last few seconds?  And all those other great moments.  As they say, don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

I mean, he's an upgrade over Haskins/Rudolph as a bridge to drafting their guy this year or next. 

Edit, I see this is being discussed in the Steelers thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread