What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KD Cannon, this years Will Fuller? (1 Viewer)

WideoutWizard

Footballguy
KD Cannon looks like this year's Will Fuller. Below is KD Cannon's profile breakdown. 

http://www.wideoutwizard.com/future-fantasy-football-kd-cannon-wr/

Cannon projects to be a field stretching x-receiver at the NFL level, and has the same size and speed as Fuller. Both players were very productive during their final college season. Cannon's yards per catch was little low this past season, so hopefully this is not a red flag. 

Teams value the stretch-x wide receiver more than other receivers, but I do not think Cannon will sneak into the first round like Fuller did. I expect Cannon to be a round two selection.

KD Cannon looks like this year's Will Fuller. Below is KD Cannon's profile breakdown. 

http://www.wideoutwizard.com/future-fantasy-football-kd-cannon-wr/

Cannon projects to be a field stretching x-receiver at the NFL level, and has the same size and speed as Fuller. Both players were very productive during their final college season. Cannon's yards per catch was little low this past season, so hopefully this is not a red flag. 

Teams value the stretch-x wide receiver more than other receivers, but I do not think Cannon will sneak into the first round like Fuller did. I expect Cannon to be a round two selection.
Are you pimping your own web site?

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline believes Baylor WR K.D. Cannon "jumped the gun and left for the draft a year too early."
Hey, we're with him. Cannon is a grade-A burner who's unrefined, slight and injury-prone. Another year on campus would have really helped his cause. "He’s athletic and runs well but lacks any consistency at the receiver position," Pauline wrote. "He drops too many catchable throws and does not win out as he should. Forgetting the fact that Cannon will be a late-round pick, he’ll be behind the curve from the first day of camp."

Source: Draft Analyst
Feb 20 - 1:40 PM

NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Baylor WR K.D. Cannon to Paul Richardson.
We're on board with this marriage of slim speed merchants. "Cannon is slightly build and a novice route-runner but has outstanding vertical speed to climb over the top of cornerbacks and force safety help his way," Zierlein wrote. "Cannon may not have the short area shiftiness for a move inside, so he will likely become a niche prospect who fits with teams looking for a field stretcher with some homerun potential." Cannon earned first-team All-Big 12 honors after posting a 87-1,215-13 line last year.

Source: NFL.com

Baylor WR K.D. Cannon believes that he will "wow" the NFL when they see his routes.
Corey Coleman was raked over the coals repeatedly last spring for his supposed route deficiencies given Baylor's limited tree. Cannon is trying to work ahead of such criticism, saying that he has focused much of his training on his route-work. While it could be argued whether or not he should have declared -- Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline is of the opinion that it was a mistake -- he could make for an intriguing Day 3 selection.

Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter 
Mar 3 - 4:00 PM

After today I think he might have moved into day 2.  Wouldn't be surprised if he went anywhere between the 3rd - 5th

Baylor WR K.D. Cannon clocked a 40-yard dash of 4.41 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine on Saturday.

Stellar showing from Cannon in the sprint. Not all of the wideouts have run the event yet, but the 5-foot-11, 182-pound Baylor's products time was the fastest among the first group of receivers. He said on Friday that he is hoping to "wow" scouts and evaluators with his route-running work, which he has been focusing on during training. The speed was always there.

Source: NFL.com

Pro Football Focus compared K.D. Cannon to Los Angeles Chargers WR Travis Benjamin.
"Benjamin has established himself as a deep threat in the NFL, averaging 15.1 yards per reception in his five-year career. Cannon should be able to have similar success in stretching the field as he develops the rest of his game," writes the PFF analysis team. The outlet believes that the 5-foot-11, 182-pounder's speed and acceleration "should play immediately at the next level." Cannon ran the 40-yard dash in 4.41 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine. He figures to land solidly as a Day 3 pick.

Source: Pro Football Focus 
Mar 24 - 4:53 PM

Baylor WR K.D. Cannon has visits with the Lions and the Rams scheduled, according to Cowboys beat writer Charean Williams

Cannon is a difficult projection, but his physical talent is definitely impressive. There are always questions for receivers coming out of the Baylor program, as everything is built off the vertical route and receivers basically run sprints and then rest. Expect Cannon to be selected on the third day.

Source: Charean Williams on Twitter 
Apr 6 - 10:28 AM

49ers signed Baylor WR KD Cannon.
Cannon (5’11/182) started all three years at Baylor before turning pro, leaving school with a career 195-3,113-27 (16.0 YPR) receiving line and earning first-team All-Big 12 from the conference’s coaches as a junior. While Cannon won with blazing speed (4.41) in the Bears’ wide-open spread, he is a chronic body catcher and one-trick lid lifter whose tape lacks nuance and any hint of physicality. He also showed unreliable hands, dropping nine passes in 2016. PFF College compared Cannon to Travis Benjamin, which is probably his ceiling.

its weird to compare any player to Fuller anyway. Is this kid the next player that "starts off hot but then fades due to injuries and poor QB play?" Sign me up!

its weird to compare any player to Fuller anyway. Is this kid the next player that "starts off hot but then fades due to injuries and poor QB play?" Sign me up!
I agree, the Ross/fuller comparisons as well. Do we want him to be fuller or is it bad to be fuller? Who can I compare this guy to? Fuller! He is also fast, like (player x)! And who can I compare mccaffery to? Woodhead! They both catch passes well and are white. I hate most player comparisons. They are so biased- a big back with decent speed may be compared to Jeremy hill if the writer doesn't like him and Jerome Bettis if he does. Team makeup, play calling, and opportunity are so important, maybe even more so than combine measurables when evaluating for fantasy purposes.

49ers waived WR KD Cannon.

A big-name undrafted free agent out of Baylor, Cannon was cut immediately after rookie minicamp. Assuming he is healthy and isn't dealing with an undisclosed off-field incident, we suspect Cannon will be claimed off waivers. A one-trick speedster, Cannon has drawn comparisons to Chargers WR Travis Benjamin.

Related: 49ers

Source: David Smoak on Twitter 
May 7 - 1:55 PM

Definitely didn't see that coming. Cannon to the 9ers was seen as a primo landing spot for a UDFA. Not so fast my friends.

Picked him up as a devy because of the talent that was there. About ready to just drop outright. If not getting picked in the draft was not enough to humble him and make him work harder, getting cut probably won't do any better.

From a beat reporter who was at 49ers camp on Friday:

@ChrisBiderman

Saw him make a catch over the middle, didn’t finish running out the rep. Thought he might have tweaked something, but it's an attitude thing

yep, loafed on a rep after a catch by not finishing to the line

after Lynch had had a pre-camp discussion about how those type of things would simply not be tolerated as they try to change the culture

so maybe a lesson learned and he gets picked up somewhere else

Jets claimed WR KD Cannon off waivers from the 49ers.
The 49ers thought so little of Cannon they cut him eight days after signing him to a deal that included $45,000 guaranteed, but the Jets are taking a chance on his lid-lifting speed. Even in talent-bereft New York, Cannon's best-case scenario is probably the practice squad.

Related: 49ers

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter 
May 9 - 4:46 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought Cannon was worth a late round flyer based on his upside and UFA landing spot in SF.  Now he's already dropped in my rankings and is no longer in the top 84 (ie, draftable in a seven round roookie draft).  Can't blame an owner in large roster leagues, but there are a handful of better late flyer options out there.

Rams signed WR KD Cannon.

A priority UDFA, Cannon failed to make it to training camp with both the Jets and 49ers. He lands in a good spot with the wideout-needy Rams. Cannon will compete for one of the final receiver spots.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Aug 4 - 5:12 PM

Users who are viewing this thread