What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom's rankings are out, for playoffs (1 Viewer)

swampdog

Footballguy
Sigmund, just released his rankings.  Thank you.  Considering that I go to draft in less than 2 hours, at least I get someone to give me an idea, to bounce off of mine.  Well done.

Swamp

Good strategy article but damn - "Houston over Oakland because of Oakland's quarterback situation" just seems wrong. 

It's not, but wow - Houston having the betier qb is whacky. 

Good strategy article but damn - "Houston over Oakland because of Oakland's quarterback situation" just seems wrong. 

It's not, but wow - Houston having the betier qb is whacky. 
Oakland's QB situation is a big setback for them, coupled with Houston's D.

I like Sig's strategy and it's up to us to go with the flow as the draft unfolds loading up on 2-3 teams that we think moves on...

I like Brady, but if I don't get him then I may load up on Ryan and Julio instead, or Brown and Big Ben. Or I could go Blount and Edelman, and / or Hogan, and Bennett if I really like NE.

I like some of the logic, but I wouldn't consider Dallas' defense as poor.......in fact, they should be considered one of the better defensive units in the playoffs.

Depending on your league's scoring format, I would agree with Dallas being one of the better units for the playoffs.  I'd also be playing the Big Ben/Brown hitch as that is a possible, if not likely, combo up to and through the Super Bowl. 

Depending on your league's scoring format, I would agree with Dallas being one of the better units for the playoffs.  I'd also be playing the Big Ben/Brown hitch as that is a possible, if not likely, combo up to and through the Super Bowl. 
Or Dallas could be one and done, and that would be a big disappointment for all they have accomplished in the regular season.

I like Big Ben to Brown combo. Can they get by a very good KC team on the road? 50/50

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on how many people are in the draft etc.. I think it may be tough to get 2 of the Steelers. I think they will be a team most will pick & I doubt you can get 2 of them but you never know.. I think it would be much more realistic to get 2 of either Giants/Pack or Falcons..

Depending on how many people are in the draft etc.. I think it may be tough to get 2 of the Steelers. I think they will be a team most will pick & I doubt you can get 2 of them but you never know.. I think it would be much more realistic to get 2 of either Giants/Pack or Falcons..
I'm in this boat.  

I'm picking second, and presume that Brady will be gone at 1.  It is a six person draft, and I'm a giant fan, so I just can't take Rodgers at 2 (I know, stupid).  The problem with Ben at 2, is that I am absolutely certain that both Brown and Bell are gone at fifth pick of second round, so loading up on steelers will prove challenging.

I've done two drafts, and Pats players are far and away the most coveted.

I think the top 3 in a 6 person draft are Bell, Brown, and Brady, maybe not this exact order - probably Brady, Bell then who? We pick 3rd and if Brady is available we go there. I highly doubt it so going Bell, or most likely Brown at 3. Then coming back since Beckham, Jones, Blount, Elliot, all gone we could stack with Big Ben at 10? Otherwise, it's Rodgers, Freeman, or Ryan? Edelman is a reach at 10 I think, maybe at 15?

Which stack would you rather have? Or would you prefet something else?

Brady / Edlelman

Big Ben / Brown

Ryan / Jones

Manning / Beckham

I know the flow changes with how the picks come out...

Our goal is to load up with three teams we think will advance.

I think the top 3 in a 6 person draft are Bell, Brown, and Brady, maybe not this exact order - probably Brady, Bell then who? We pick 3rd and if Brady is available we go there. I highly doubt it so going Bell, or most likely Brown at 3. Then coming back since Beckham, Jones, Blount, Elliot, all gone we could stack with Big Ben at 10? Otherwise, it's Rodgers, Freeman, or Ryan? Edelman is a reach at 10 I think, maybe at 15?

Brady / Edlelman

Big Ben / Brown

Ryan / Jones

Manning / Beckham

I like either Brady Edelman or Ben Brown.....Brady takes 1st pick, edelman may be there on the turn

To me Brady is #1 be a wide margin.....I am also reaching NE def, Gostkowski, Hogan.

If Im looking for a Brady hitch, Bennett has more value.  You can get him later than Edelman and the top end TE talent in the playoffs is slim once you get past Kelce and Graham.

Brady / Edlelman

Big Ben / Brown

Ryan / Jones

Manning / Beckham

I like either Brady Edelman or Ben Brown.....Brady takes 1st pick, edelman may be there on the turn

To me Brady is #1 be a wide margin.....I am also reaching NE def, Gostkowski, Hogan.
If Brady falls to #3 I think Edelman will be there at the turn at #10 overall, I wonder if he'd last until #15 overall? Probably not.  I see Sig has Edelman at #13 overall. So a slight reach at #10.  Then would you prefer Blount over Edelman? Most likely Blount igoes around the turn at # 5, #6, #7. If we go Bell or Brown then Big Ben most likely comes back to us at #10. The first three rounds kind of determine the direction one's team takes. The guy picking #2 is favoring Rodgers, which is essentially a lste #2 / early #3 round pick, but he could very well be a great pick? That means we get Bell, or Brady at #3. Brown would fall to #4 most likely.

Assuming Bell, Brown, Brady, Beckham, Jones, Blount, Elliot, all go, along with Rodgers then...

If we go Brady, then I would shoot for Edelman.

If we go Bell, then that opens up many choices: Freeman, Big Ben, Graham (not high on), Wilson, Ryan. Not liking this option. Perhaps go Big Ben @ #10 with Bell?

The guy who went Rodgers could come back with Jordy at #11 reach.

I think NE players are coveted throughout the USA because they have the best chance to keep winning games, period!

As a diehard Lions fan, I doubt I will have one Lions player on my playoff team this year.

Yea, I think the Pats have the clearest path to the SB.  That's why they're coveted in thsee drafts........Anything can happen, but I don't see the Pats losing to any of the AFC teams, at home.

If Brady falls to #3 I think Edelman will be there at the turn at #10 overall, I wonder if he'd last until #15 overall? Probably not.  I see Sig has Edelman at #13 overall. So a slight reach at #10.  Then would you prefer Blount over Edelman? Most likely Blount igoes around the turn at # 5, #6, #7. If we go Bell or Brown then Big Ben most likely comes back to us at #10. The first three rounds kind of determine the direction one's team takes. The guy picking #2 is favoring Rodgers, which is essentially a lste #2 / early #3 round pick, but he could very well be a great pick? That means we get Bell, or Brady at #3. Brown would fall to #4 most likely.

Assuming Bell, Brown, Brady, Beckham, Jones, Blount, Elliot, all go, along with Rodgers then...

If we go Brady, then I would shoot for Edelman.

If we go Bell, then that opens up many choices: Freeman, Big Ben, Graham (not high on), Wilson, Ryan. Not liking this option. Perhaps go Big Ben @ #10 with Bell?

The guy who went Rodgers could come back with Jordy at #11 reach.
If Brady is there at 3, which I highly doubt, Id grab him.....I'd take Big Ben if u miss Brady and he's there.....I ended up grabbin Bell at #4 and ended up with Wilson at QB....not super pumped, but then again, who knows in the playoffs.

RB is obviously shallow.......so you kinda have to pick between a top 3 QB or RB.....at 4 Brady, Rodgers, and Ben were gone.....I thought Bell was a no brainer at that slot.

Six-team draft we picked 3rd last night. Here are the first four picks. Half are Shark type and half not so much.

1) Bell 12) Freeman 13) Gostkowski 24) Cobb

2) Brown 11) Adams 14) Ajayi 23) Kelce

3) Brady 10) Beckham 15) Edelman 22) Graham (Brady, Perkins, Jennings, Beckham, Edelman, Graham, Shepard, Hauschka, SEA) 3, NE) 2, NYG) 4 players

4) Elliot 9) Blount 16) Big Ben 21) Coleman

5) Ryan 8) Jones 17) Boswell 20) Montgomery

6) Rodgers 7) Nelson 18) NE 19) Miller

The draft just flowed this way for us. I never envisioned taking one NYG let alone four. Now, if NYG is eliminated we buy back in with the leftover players starting at $20 bids. If NYG get beat we go either KC players like Ware, Hill, or ATL with Gabriel, Sanu or more SEA WR's.

Strategy was focus on 3 teams that may advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Six-team draft we picked 3rd last night. Here are the first four picks. Half are Shark type and half not so much.

1) Bell 12) Freeman 13) Gostkowski 24) Cobb

2) Brown 11) Adams 14) Ajayi 23) Kelce

3) Brady 10) Beckham 15) Edelman 22) Graham (Brady, Perkins, Jennings, Beckham, Edelman, Graham, Shepard, Hauschka, SEA) 3, NE) 2, NYG) 4 players

4) Elliot 9) Blount 16) Big Ben 21) Coleman

5) Ryan 8) Jones 17) Boswell 20) Montgomery

6) Rodgers 7) Nelson 18) NE 19) Miller

The draft just flowed this way for us. I never envisioned taking one NYG let alone four. Now, if NYG is eliminated we buy back in with the leftover players starting at $20 bids. If NYG get beat we go either KC players like Ware, Hill, or ATL with Gabriel, Sanu or more SEA WR's.

Strategy was focus on 3 teams that may advance.
Ben at 16 seems bonkers low to me.  Do you play 1 qb or 2?

Users who are viewing this thread