What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (3 Viewers)

MMA fighter with links to Trump, Cohen is questioned by FBI

A Russian mixed martial arts fighter who has connections with President Donald Trump, the president’s personal attorney Michael Cohen and Russian President Vladimir Putin was questioned this week by the FBI, his manager confirmed Saturday.

Fedor Emelianenko was questioned by agents who met him in his hotel room on Tuesday, manager Jerry Millen said before Emelianenko’s heavyweight fight against Frank Mir. Millen declined to detail his client’s conversations with the agents.

“The FBI came to the hotel looking to talk to Fedor and they were very nice, came in to speak with Fedor for a few minutes, spoke to me, very cool guys, and that’s all I can really say about it. Again, the FBI did come to the hotel, they found us, knocked on the door,” Millen said.
:boxing:

Can we all come together and agree that it would be awesome if Jill Stein went down for this? Just to see the look on Susan Sarandon’s face?
I heard Stein interviewed on the radio before the election and she came across as a giant bunghole.   About all I know about her. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard Stein interviewed on the radio before the election and she came across as a giant bunghole.   About all I know about her. 
Went to an event of hers the NC Green Party was holding in 2013.  She just came across as a loon. Less of one than the other speakers, but that was a damn low bar.

Prediction: there is evidence that Pecker (national enquirer) squashed stories of Trump's infidelities through signing NDAs with the women for "exclusive rights" that he never exercised. There might even be rumors of an abortion or out of wedlock child, but nothing conclusive on that front, just payments and NDAs.

Prediction: there is evidence that Pecker (national enquirer) squashed stories of Trump's infidelities through signing NDAs with the women for "exclusive rights" that he never exercised. There might even be rumors of an abortion or out of wedlock child, but nothing conclusive on that front, just payments and NDAs.
What is the prediction?  This is what Karen McDougal asserted in her complaint.  

Just ask yourself, how would Republicans react if Obama did this and if your answer is they would lose their collective chit then you know it isn't a big deal now.
For sure, that ship sailed along time ago. Trump is in his own stratosphere in that realm. I more referring to an actual "legal" big deal. 

There was a prior report about this - about the firm - now this is about Cohen directly. And Cohen wasn't formally part of the campaign. So that's a problem for the campaign, because it's illegal if it's not campaign related - but it's also a problem for the campaign if it was campaign related because then Cohen was doing things.... some bad things... for the campaign. Which gets a little John Edwardsish.

Whoa.  National Enquirer goes after Cohen on front page.  So basically starting public effort to distance from whatever shows up from his office.  
Isn't the Enquirer owned by Trump's good buddy? Or is that a different tabloid that I'm confusing?

Whoa.  National Enquirer goes after Cohen on front page.  So basically starting public effort to distance from whatever shows up from his office.  
Not surprising. Trump eventually sells out everyone around him.

Except Ivanka. Maybe.

You gotta get more code red in there imo. What did you think of Comey? What did you think of him investigating Russia? What did you think of him investigating you? Did it bother you? What did you think of the FBI investigating Mike Flynn? What did you think of the FBI investigating Michael Cohen? What do you think of the FBI investigating Trump Inc? Why did you fire Jim Comey?

You gotta get more code red in there imo. What did you think of Comey? What did you think of him investigating Russia? What did you think of him investigating you? Did it bother you? What did you think of the FBI investigating Mike Flynn? What did you think of the FBI investigating Michael Cohen? What do you think of the FBI investigating Trump Inc? Why did you fire Jim Comey?
Pretty sure there are followups.

Thing is, one at a time, they're not bad. But you get out of one you get pounded with the next. Over and over again. It's a pattern of activity described in those questions, they answer themselves.

• • When did you become aware of the Trump Tower meeting?
  • • What involvement did you have in the communication strategy, including the release of Donald Trump Jr.’s emails?
  • • During a 2013 trip to Russia, what communication and relationships did you have with the Agalarovs and Russian government officials?
  • • What communication did you have with Michael D. Cohen, Felix Sater and others, including foreign nationals, about Russian real estate developments during the campaign?
  • • What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding any meeting with Mr. Putin? Did you discuss it with others?
  • • What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding Russian sanctions?
  • • What involvement did you have concerning platform changes regarding arming Ukraine?
  • • During the campaign, what did you know about Russian hacking, use of social media or other acts aimed at the campaign?
  • • What knowledge did you have of any outreach by your campaign, including by Paul Manafort, to Russia about potential assistance to the campaign?
  • • What did you know about communication between Roger Stone, his associates, Julian Assange or WikiLeaks?
  • • What did you know during the transition about an attempt to establish back-channel communication to Russia, and Jared Kushner’s efforts?
  • • What do you know about a 2017 meeting in Seychelles involving Erik Prince?
  • • What do you know about a Ukrainian peace proposal provided to Mr. Cohen in 2017?

I have almost as many questions about the leak as I do the questions themselves. The Special Counsel hasn't leaked a thing and this leak came from outside Trump's legal team? I'm assuming a WH staffer? Is this a complete list of the questions (I know it was reported a little while ago that Mueller had sent some preliminary questions) or has it been pared down by the leaker to remove as much of the unreported information as possible?

If it is a complete list of questions, it suggests we know a lot more than I thought we did. The only real revelation (but it's yuuuuuge) seems to be that Mueller has proof that Manafort "colluded" with the Russians. There's no other reason that question is phrased in that way. Every other question links to something that has been reported. That's not a fishing expedition question. You certainly wouldn't include Manafort's name if you were fishing. So, we may not know how much Mueller knows about all of these events. However, if this is the complete list of questions sent, then we know a little something about most of the big elements.

• • When did you become aware of the Trump Tower meeting?
  • • What involvement did you have in the communication strategy, including the release of Donald Trump Jr.’s emails?
  • • During a 2013 trip to Russia, what communication and relationships did you have with the Agalarovs and Russian government officials?
  • • What communication did you have with Michael D. Cohen, Felix Sater and others, including foreign nationals, about Russian real estate developments during the campaign?
  • • What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding any meeting with Mr. Putin? Did you discuss it with others?
  • • What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding Russian sanctions?
  • • What involvement did you have concerning platform changes regarding arming Ukraine?
  • • During the campaign, what did you know about Russian hacking, use of social media or other acts aimed at the campaign?
  • • What knowledge did you have of any outreach by your campaign, including by Paul Manafort, to Russia about potential assistance to the campaign?
  • • What did you know about communication between Roger Stone, his associates, Julian Assange or WikiLeaks?
  • • What did you know during the transition about an attempt to establish back-channel communication to Russia, and Jared Kushner’s efforts?
  • • What do you know about a 2017 meeting in Seychelles involving Erik Prince?
  • • What do you know about a Ukrainian peace proposal provided to Mr. Cohen in 2017?
  • Lie
lather, rinse, repeat  

So I guess it’s safe to say Sater is cooperating.  Judging by these questions, Cohen should cop a plea as well (the raid is pretty clearly a shot across the bow in retrospect since talks broke down in that period).

But really how ####ed is Manafort? Every American so far except the identity fraud guy has been charged solely to lock in cooperation. Has Manafort been offered a deal? He's dead to rights on a thousand years worth of document cases that Mueller's coffee boys could obtain convictions on without breaking a sweat and he reached out to the Russians to assist in the campaign? Is it better for Trump or worse for Trump if Manafort has not been offered a deal? 

Manafort gets you inside the Trump Tower meeting, probably gets you Trump's knowledge and reaction to the meeting, and gets you Trump's knowledge and reaction to whatever outreach Manafort did with the Russians. No wonder Mueller has been putting so much pressure on Manafort and trying to fast track his cases. I've long been of the opinion that no conspiracy-related charges would stick to Trump, but the second that I hear that Manafort has agreed to plea and cooperate I will completely change my mind on that. There's no reason to have Manafort plea unless he gets you Don Jr., Kushner, and Trump.

Quoted from Forbes

One of the most currently prominent New York taxicab owners is Trump attorney Michael Cohen, who with his wife own some 32 medallions. But like many taxicab owners, the Cohens took out loans based on the value of the medallions. It's reported that their loans, like those of other taxicab operators, are now underwater, while their revenues have declined. Additionally, it's been reported that the Cohen's taxi companies have piled up unpaid taxes and fines. In Chicago, about half of the Cohen's 22 medallions have been suspended since January for non-payment of insurance. The culprit for Cohen's financial issues was not a political rival of President Trump, or the $130,000 the attorney allegedly paid for Stormy Daniels' silence,  but the wrenching changes brought by Lyft and Uber.
Broke and facing a long prison sentence is good for the country but less so for Trump. 

One of the questions regards something he said to Maria Bartiromo last year, but it does not specify what exactly he said to her. I couldn't find anything online. Does anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread