What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (4 Viewers)

For you it wouldn't be tough. You're a very different person than she is. For her, it may be tough. But even if it's an easy decision for her, 

I don't need people to be completely innocent in their circumstances to recognize they're in a bad situation and feel empathy for them. Maybe you do. I suppose we're just different. 
I've always had disdain for homewreckers and gold diggers. When someone is both, I have double disdain for them. How anyone could ever consider her a victim of any kind is beyond me.  

I actually think she has a chance to become a hero in this country. If she left that scumbag and decided to tell her story, she'd be an icon to women everywhere.  As it stands, her behavior is a slap in the face to the entire #metoo movement. And the bullying movement she pretends to care about. 

The knee-jerk human reaction is to feel sorry for a wife that's been cheated on.  Dig a bit beneath the surface in this particular case and that compassion quickly goes away.  She knew what she signed up for.  We've all got problems.  Hers are no different.  She just has billions of ways to console herself which she knew she'd have going in.  

I don't think we're going to find out, but it's actually kind of terrifying to think where would be as a country another say, 6 years from now.

I mean we're barely a year in and among other things the sitting President of the United States just declared he would beat up the previous Vice President.

Tea Pain‏ @TeaPainUSA

- Papadopoulos was the first to flip and he didn't get immunity.

- Flynn was Trump's National Security Adviser and he didn't get immunity.

- But George Nader got immunity. Nader has the most damagin' testimony against the Trump cabal as any witness so far.

8:25 AM - 22 Mar 2018

This Nader stuff is going to be big as he ties in Broidy the RNC money man who was apparently promised contracts for his company from the Saudi's / UAE thru Nader...who have we become besties with and trying to give nuclear reactors?  oh, Saudi's / UAE.  All of this is going to help tighten the noose around Jared's little neck.

Donald J. Trump✔

@realDonaldTrump
...have shown conclusively that there was no Collusion with Russia..just excuse for losing. The only Collusion was that done by the DNC, the Democrats and Crooked Hillary. The writer of the story, Maggie Haberman, a Hillary flunky, knows nothing about me and is not given access.

6:50 AM - Mar 11, 2018
^^^^^^ broke the Trump lawyer story.

The knee-jerk human reaction is to feel sorry for a wife that's been cheated on.  Dig a bit beneath the surface in this particular case and that compassion quickly goes away.  She knew what she signed up for.  We've all got problems.  Hers are no different.  She just has billions of ways to console herself which she knew she'd have going in.  
I think it’s fair to criticize her for some things and not for others. I think I’m being fair in saying that totally independent of Trump she’s been a lousy First Lady. Not a big political or historical topic but it’s an issue. And her history is hazy and her motives in marrying Donald and staying with him are sketchy. But she’s also a mother and there’s a child in the White House. And then there are the weird tidbits where she seems estranged from him and at times even hostile, and in that respect personal is personal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucky86 said:
Who's the first person to try and make a run for it? 

Sinn Fein said:
:oldunsure:

A key witness in the investigation into President Donald Trump's alleged collusion with Russia has fled the country, DailyMail.com can disclose.

Convicted pedophile George Nader was allegedly both a paid adviser for the United Arab Emirates and had close ties to the Trump administration.

He met Jared Kushner and Steve Bannon in Trump Tower just before the inauguration at a meeting they held with the de facto ruler of the United Arab Emirates.

Nader was thrust into the limelight after being interviewed twice by special counsel Robert Mueller as part of his probe into Russian meddling in the US election and collusion with the Trump campaign team.

Now DailyMail.com can reveal he has flown back to the UAE, according to two sources close to the country's de-facto ruler Mohammed bin Zayed, who is known by his initials 'MBZ.

The revelation comes just days after Nader was revealed to be a convicted pedophile

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5527313/George-Nader-key-witness-Muellers-Russia-probe-FLEES-US.html#ixzz5ATFLjrry 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Unexpected plot twist!

the repub's are already starting to run away from the house report before it's even released....why don't they just call it the Nunes memo which is essentially what it is...

Dr. Dena Grayson‏Verified account @DrDenaGrayson

FollowFollow @DrDenaGrayson

More

Dr. Dena Grayson Retweeted Mike Memoli

NUNES *Republican* House Intel member Rep. Mike Turner CONTRADICTS Nunes: agrees w/USIC that Putin aimed to hurt HRC’s campaign. says GOP Intel report "should not be interpreted as ending or contradicting“ Mueller The tide is turning, folks #MuellerTime

Matthias said:
You really have a chip against her
Making excuses for people who make oven and lampshade themed threats towards a Jewish journalist will do that to someone who is Jewish and has a bunch of journalist friends, I guess :shrug:

Plus I'm not a fan of the whole "damsel in distress" type attitudes or the free passes people seem eager to give for her and Ivanka. I suspect attitudes towards both of them would be different if they were men, and also if they looked like Sarah H. Sanders.

I've always had disdain for homewreckers and gold diggers. When someone is both, I have double disdain for them. How anyone could ever consider her a victim of any kind is beyond me.  

I actually think she has a chance to become a hero in this country. If she left that scumbag and decided to tell her story, she'd be an icon to women everywhere.  As it stands, her behavior is a slap in the face to the entire #metoo movement. And the bullying movement she pretends to care about. 
But she never will, because she doesn't care. Except about the money, of course

After the reveal of this Saudi Arabia disloyalty list and the “coincidence” of the prince rounding them all up... my desire to see the Jared Kushner Perp Walk is now second behind seeing his father-in-law Perp Walk.  

Let me be clear... my desire to see a Jeff Sessions Perp Walk has not reduced in any way.  But Kushner has been on fire in 2018.  If my want to see Sessions Perp Walk was a 9.5... it’s still 9.5.  Kushner just zoomed up from the high 8s to like a 9.75.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
As much as I dislike Sessions, I dont think he is dumb enough to fire mccabe in order to avoid investigation. Once there were findings against mccabe and a recommendation to terminate, Trump had cover to get rid of a perceived enemy. Had Sessions not fired him, trump fires sessions and we potentially lose Mueller. 
I wouldn't put it past Sessions to fire him over this, but I do agree he's no dummy and would have found a reason to fire him for an unrelated matter. Same result but plausible cover. 

Matthias said:
It sounds like your personal biases/priorities are more real and stronger than the hypothetical ones you're attributing to others.
Fair enough. I suppose I'm guilty of letting my personal biases regarding Nazis, violent death threats and racist birtherism unfairly color my opinion towards those that excuse or favor those things. I'll try to be more objective about the merits of excusing Nazis and violent death threats and pushing racist birtherism going forward.

After the reveal of this Saudi Arabia disloyalty list and the “coincidence” of the prince rounding them all up... my desire to see the Jared Kushner Perp Walk is now second behind seeing his father-in-law Perp Walk.  

Let me be clear... my desire to see a Jeff Sessions Perp Walk has not reduced in any way.  But Kushner has been on fire in 2018.  If my want to see Sessions Perp Walk was a 9.5... it’s still 9.5.  Kushner just zoomed up from the high 8s to like a 9.75.
Sessions is still my number 1.

What exactly did you predict??? Trump has not been charged with anything and will not be charged in the future.
What does "charged" mean?  That Mueller's report doesn't accuse him of any crimes?  If you mean he's not arrested and charged by any law enforcement agency, that might be true even if all the worst suspicions are confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does "charged" mean?  That Mueller's report doesn't accuse him of any crimes?  If you mean he's not arrested and charged by any law enforcement agency, that might be true even if all the worst suspicions are confirmed.
They want to discuss topics with Trump? How in the hell does that mean anything is confirmed?

Sessions has too many friends in DC - there will be no perp walk for him.

Jared on the other hand, has no friends in DC...
He does have a pardon over his head if that comes to light. If Jared goes down first, Two-Scoops will pardon him and he’ll never serve any time. Then again, maybe state crimes will be brought up however, he is committing federal crimes so Mueller will have to get creative. These new stories are dispicable. 

The latest episode of Stay Tuned with Preet is up and has Chuck Rosenberg as the guest. He worked on Mueller's and on Comey's teams over the years.

How anyone who listens to these guys speak and hears their stories of why they choose government service can come away thinking they're all liberal wackos is simply baffling.

I guess if you just believe one source and don't actually examine the people themselves you can be easily deluded.

Making excuses for people who make oven and lampshade themed threats towards a Jewish journalist will do that to someone who is Jewish and has a bunch of journalist friends, I guess :shrug:

Plus I'm not a fan of the whole "damsel in distress" type attitudes or the free passes people seem eager to give for her and Ivanka. I suspect attitudes towards both of them would be different if they were men, and also if they looked like Sarah H. Sanders.
or if their first name was Chelsea

Matthias said:
Mrs. Trump on Thursday said she was visiting the museum in advance of International Holocaust Remembrance Day on Saturday to honor millions of people who were victims of the Nazis. Accompanied by Director Sara Bloomfield, Mrs. Trump visited exhibits that recounted the rise of the Nazi Party in Germany, its policies toward Jewish people and the liberation of concentration camps in 1945.

Mrs. Trump concluded her tour at the Hall of Remembrance and participated in a moment of silence.

"My thoughts and prayers are with the people whose lives and families were broken by the horrors of the Holocaust," she said in a statement. "My heart is with you, and we remember."

The first lady later tweeted that the visit was "a powerful & moving tour that honors the millions of innocent lives lost, and educates us on the tragedies and effects of the holocaust."

---

There's really 0 chance that you're being a little irrational and over the top on this? 
I guess. On the other hand I did defend her decision to stay behind in NY with her son for the first year of the presidency when other people were being critical so probably not.

Anyway, is this really the fight you want to pick?  "Relax, you're being too critical of the woman who defended violent Nazi death threats and pushed birtherism?" Hell, the birtherism alone should be enough. Have you met a lot of birthers who are quality human beings?

She's not in my Top 20 of despised Trump administration people or something. She's pretty low on that list. Just calling it as I see it. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Matthias said:
I can still feel compassion for a woman who is and has been completely and utterly humiliated on the biggest stage in the world. There's plenty of people who I strongly disagree with on things, that I'll still feel sorry for when something happens.
I could probably be convinced to join your side on this if she seemed to care one bit about any of that. The most humiliating part of all of it is how she doesn't do a thing about it. Hard to feel an ounce of pity for anyone whose made the choices she has and continues to do so.

The latest episode of Stay Tuned with Preet is up and has Chuck Rosenberg as the guest. He worked on Mueller's and on Comey's teams over the years.

How anyone who listens to these guys speak and hears their stories of why they choose government service can come away thinking they're all liberal wackos is simply baffling.

I guess if you just believe one source and don't actually examine the people themselves you can be easily deluded.
Most importantly, that once source is telling them exactly what they want to hear.

Much easier than admitting those smug liberals have been right all along.

I could probably be convinced to join your side on this if she seemed to care one bit about any of that. The most humiliating part of all of it is how she doesn't do a thing about it. Hard to feel an ounce of pity for anyone whose made the choices she has and continues to do so.
Is it bad I was reading the thread backwards and thought your post and the post you quoted were about HRC.  :bag:

Tea Pain‏ @TeaPainUSA

- Papadopoulos was the first to flip and he didn't get immunity.

- Flynn was Trump's National Security Adviser and he didn't get immunity.

- But George Nader got immunity. Nader has the most damagin' testimony against the Trump cabal as any witness so far.

8:25 AM - 22 Mar 2018

This Nader stuff is going to be big as he ties in Broidy the RNC money man who was apparently promised contracts for his company from the Saudi's / UAE thru Nader...who have we become besties with and trying to give nuclear reactors?  oh, Saudi's / UAE.  All of this is going to help tighten the noose around Jared's little neck.
But this isn't comparing apples to apples - you can't say "Nader got immunity so therefore his deal is better."  Flynn and PapaDop are getting off relatively lightly for the crimes they pled to and won't be charged with other more serious crimes.

I don't buy that Nader's deal means he has the most valuable information.

The worst part about the Trump presidency so far is I can never really tell if his early morning rage tweets are in response to the scandalous #### that came out already or it is in response to him finding out there's some shameful #### coming out soon. It makes my workday less productive with the waiting for something fun to come out.

Josh Dawsey‏Verified account @jdawsey1 13m13 minutes ago

More

News: Trump tells assembled reporters in White House that he wants to testify with Bob Mueller. John Dowd, his lawyer that departed this morning, had strenuously argued against.

:popcorn:

Matthias said:
I can still feel compassion for a woman who is and has been completely and utterly humiliated on the biggest stage in the world. There's plenty of people who I strongly disagree with on things, that I'll still feel sorry for when something happens.

"Your dog died? And then your sister fell into a coma?"
"Haha. #### you. You voted for Trump, you dinkwad."

Not so much.

And I'm not even picking the fight as much as noting that whenever her name comes up, you rant about how it's completely utterly and completely impossible that anyone should feel sorry for her, at all. It's not me. It's you. imo.
Come on. Those things are totally unrelated.  Melania's misfortunes OTOH are entirely a result of her decision to marry Donald Trump ... a decision which, perhaps not coincidentally, has also placed her in a public spotlight which revealed her to be a Nazi apologist media-hating birther. A better analogy would be if someone who voted for Trump ended up being harmed by some policy or action of his that was always an obvious consequence of his campaign. In which case, yeah, I probably wouldn't feel bad for the person. It would depend on the harm and the degree to which it was predictable, though. In Melania's case the harm in question was not just predictable but virtually inevitable.

And I never said " it's completely utterly and completely impossible that anyone should feel sorry for her, at all."  You're welcome to feel however you feel. I've just pointed out some relevant facts that I thought people should consider.  Also there are two different issues here- is she, generally speaking, a decent person worthy of respect (clearly no IMO) vs does she deserve sympathy for the regular humiliation she suffers due to her husband (also no IMO, but I acknowledge it's more complicated).  They overlap of course.

Melania has had to sleep with Donald Trump many times and pretend to enjoy it.

We ought to lay off her. 

She’s had it way tougher than any of us can imagine. Probably psychologically scarred for life. 

Users who are viewing this thread