What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (2 Viewers)

that doesn't matter at all...it's perfectly acceptable to criticize Clinton...
I think Hannity & Co. have proved too much also. It was summer of 2016 and Strzok was speaking of "pervasive connections", between Trump and Russia. That is real time thinking from inside the FBI. You'd think some people would look at that and acknowledge that the investigation isn't drummed up for political reasons, but out of genuine concern for the nation, but no.

I think Hannity & Co. have proved too much also. It was summer of 2016 and Strzok was speaking of "pervasive connections", between Trump and Russia. That is real time thinking from inside the FBI. You'd think some people would look at that and acknowledge that the investigation isn't drummed up for political reasons, but out of genuine concern for the nation, but no.
that is completely irrelevant...it's perfectly acceptable for the President to collude with Russia to win the election...the real story is an FBI agent called our idiot President an idiot....it shows that the Mueller investigation should be shutdown and the FBI should be dismantled...this country cannot have citizens having reasonable opinions and expressing them privately to others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper 2m2 minutes ago

President Trump this morning after being asked: “I don’t want to talk about pardons with Michael Flynn yet, we’ll see what happens, let’s see. I can say this, when you look at what’s going on with the FBI and the Justice Department, people are very, very angry.”

a lot of chatter on twitter of something big dropping...is the big push to have Mueller removed a coincidence?....

@Sheriff Bart You can get a vacation for using that very accurate description of the below:

Mark Knoller‏Verified account @markknoller 28m28 minutes ago

Stopping for questions on the way to Marine One, Pres Trump said Putin said very nice things about progress in US since Trump took office. @POTUS says he'd like more cooperation from Russia.

that is completely irrelevant...it's perfectly acceptable for the President to collude with Russia to win the election...the real story is an FBI agent called our idiot President an idiot....it shows that the Mueller investigation should be shutdown and the FBI should be dismantled...this country cannot have citizens having reasonable opinions and expressing them privately to others.
We must defeat the inhuman deep state by removing all traces of individualism and humanity from our intelligence community. 

Seriously 

"My call with Vladimir Putin.... it was great. He said very nice things about what I've done for this country in terms of the economy. And then he said also some negative things in terms of what's going on elsewhere. But the primary point was to talk about North Korea because we would love his help with North Korea."

Your President of the United States 

@Sheriff Bart You can get a vacation for using that very accurate description of the below:

Mark Knoller‏Verified account @markknoller 28m28 minutes ago

Stopping for questions on the way to Marine One, Pres Trump said Putin said very nice things about progress in US since Trump took office. @POTUS says he'd like more cooperation from Russia.
THANK GOD that Putin approves

Is this reality??

I haven't followed that closely but is the biggest thing they found from the FBI agent's texts that they called the President an idiot?  

Apologies for the formatting due to posting from my phone.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/941673135388221441

Rep. Matt Gaetz, who was with Trump on Air Force One last week, says on CNN that it's time for the special counsel to "put up or shut up." "I call on my Republican colleagues to join me in the firing of Bob Mueller."
I can honestly say that I cannot believe that the Republicans are really covering for this despicable President...he will without a doubt go down as the worst president in the history of our country and how anyone can stand behind him and support him knowing what they know is just incredible.  I really am amazed. 

I can honestly say that I cannot believe that the Republicans are really covering for this despicable President...he will without a doubt go down as the worst president in the history of our country and how anyone can stand behind him and support him knowing what they know is just incredible.  I really am amazed. 
This guy is looking for expediency. He isnt covering for anyone except for himself.

Hell, he got help from /r/The_Donald, subbredit according to his wiki page.  derpyderp

Rep. Matt Gaetz, who was with Trump on Air Force One last week, says on CNN that it's time for the special counsel to "put up or shut up." "I call on my Republican colleagues to join me in the firing of Bob Mueller."
ya..he's only got 2 indictments and 2 guilty pleas and one of the top WH officials to flip....when is he going to show some results??  

I'm not gonna tell you that this guy's voice doesn't matter; he's a US Congressman after all, so it is worth noting that he's saying insane things.  But I suspect even his Republican colleagues would consider him a fringe voice.

Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper 2m2 minutes ago

President Trump this morning after being asked: “I don’t want to talk about pardons with Michael Flynn yet, we’ll see what happens, let’s see. I can say this, when you look at what’s going on with the FBI and the Justice Department, people are very, very angry.”
And now he's getting ready to address the FBI.

Republicans really don’t want to retain control of Congress.  That’s all I can assume based on this. 

Perhaps you missed the House Judiciary Committee this week.  The entire Republican party is fringe these days.
Yeah, but Gaetz and a number of his colleagues on that Committee are the fringe of the fringe. And to be fair, the minority members are definitely not what you'd call "centrist" Dems. That committee seems to be a magnet for outspoken partisan voices these days.

I am not for ending the investigation - but i could support a deadline like the end of March.  Or maybe a council at thee end of March to see if it should proceed.

Yeah, but Gaetz and a number of his colleagues on that Committee are the fringe of the fringe. And to be fair, the minority members are definitely not what you'd call "centrist" Dems. That committee seems to be a magnet for outspoken partisan voices these days.
So, they're NCC kind of Dems?

I am not for ending the investigation - but i could support a deadline like the end of March.  Or maybe a council at thee end of March to see if it should proceed.
:confused:

Why would anyone put a deadline on a complex investigation.  

From my perspective, Mueller is the best judge on when to wrap up the investigation.  I have no idea what is going on with the investigation - which tells me that Mueller is doing his job fairly and impartially.  Otherwise, we would get daily progress reports...

I don't understand that logic at all unless you don't want to know the truth about what this WH was involved in....he just got the national security advisor to flip a couple weeks ago which is enormous and the republicans and WH are ####ting their pants because he was at the epicenter of their conspiracy which is why all this amp'd up rhetoric is coming out...more people are definitely going down and I don't understand as Americans who should stand for law and order would object.

You think the Trumps should be treated like a common Clinton?!

Time to re-evaluate GBs.

IOKIYAR

It would be one thing if it looked like Mueller was straying way beyond his mandate.  But I don't see any evidence that he's looking beyond the campaign and the early weeks of the administration.  He may be looking at earlier financial records, but not to prove them as crimes in and of themselves but rather to determine if there was a possible reason to be compromised.  

Starr investigated Whitewater, Vince Foster's suicide, and the White House Travel Office before getting involved in statements made in the Jones case.  He has Tripp wear a wire to talk to Lewinsky before Clinton ever gave the deposition where he perjured himself.  I suppose to see if Clinton suborned Lewinsky's perjury.  But it's kind of weird.

Now, Starr had to seek authority to proceed from a panel on the DC Circuit every time.  There was oversight.  But Rosenstein is providing oversight now.  

This line of thought is truly astounding.  And I question whether anyone who supports a "deadline" on this investigation has really considered what that means.

There are allegations that the Russians used active measures to influence the outcome of our election (and similar claims of the Brexit vote).  Why wouldn't you want a full investigation into those allegations, and a deeper understanding of how that happened - if it did?

If it happened - then we, as a country, need to devote the resources into understanding how it happened, and how to limit its impact in future elections.

The POTUS is turning Americans against the FBI in an attempt to muddy the waters regarding an agency attempting to hold him accountable to the rule of law.

Our POTUS is subverting rule of law in our country by encouraging distrust and outrage at the FBI, PURELY for personal gain.

This is insane.

I haven't followed that closely but is the biggest thing they found from the FBI agent's texts that they called the President an idiot?  
There were also negative comments made about Bernie and Democrats.

Pretty sure that's all on State TV. So you can catch up there since they're unbiased and all. 

The POTUS is turning Americans against the FBI in an attempt to muddy the waters regarding an agency attempting to hold him accountable to the rule of law.

Our POTUS is subverting rule of law in our country by encouraging distrust and outrage at the FBI, PURELY for personal gain.

This is insane.
Not if you're an Authoritarian or want to be one. 

This is insane.
it's all about self preservation...he knows where this is going....he's just an awful crook of person and like I said earlier, I really truly can't believe that Republicans are covering for him...talk about a deal with the devil...

This line of thought is truly astounding.  And I question whether anyone who supports a "deadline" on this investigation has really considered what that means.

There are allegations that the Russians used active measures to influence the outcome of our election (and similar claims of the Brexit vote).  Why wouldn't you want a full investigation into those allegations, and a deeper understanding of how that happened - if it did?

If it happened - then we, as a country, need to devote the resources into understanding how it happened, and how to limit its impact in future elections.
Because the Republicans are the party of Party over Country now. 

They really should come up with a jingle at this point. Might as well try and make it their complete assault on our country as catchy as possible. 

Users who are viewing this thread