What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (4 Viewers)

:(

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 2h2 hours ago

Trump just now wouldn’t rule out a Flynn pardon in the future:

“I don't want to talk about pardons for Michael Flynn yet.”

I am not for ending the investigation - but i could support a deadline like the end of March.  Or maybe a council at thee end of March to see if it should proceed.
Some investigations take years.

Why wold you, or anyone, recommend placing an arbitrary and artificial deadline on a process that SHOULD move forward according to its findings? Especially when said investigation is being led by arguably the most decorated and respected lawman in our entire nation... one who even a few months ago was WIDELY praised by Republicans up to and including Gingrich as a man of impeccable credentials?

The POTUS is turning Americans against the FBI in an attempt to muddy the waters regarding an agency attempting to hold him accountable to the rule of law.

Our POTUS is subverting rule of law in our country by encouraging distrust and outrage at the FBI, PURELY for personal gain.

This is insane.
And anyone who helps this anti-american, anti-patriotic and anti-democratic agenda are all three of those things by nature of their complicity.

:lol:

That’s not obstruction.  You guys are going insane in here.

The word “yet” is particularly notable. By suggesting that he may eventually consider a pardon, Trump could be interpreted as indicating to Flynn that whether or not he gets one depends on the extent to which he protects Trump and his family.

The significance of the word was noted by Norm Eisen, former chief ethics counsel for Barack Obama, who pointed out that the president wielding his power to pardon to “dodge liability” is obstruction of justice.
:shrug:

:confused:

Why would anyone put a deadline on a complex investigation.  

From my perspective, Mueller is the best judge on when to wrap up the investigation.  I have no idea what is going on with the investigation - which tells me that Mueller is doing his job fairly and impartially.  Otherwise, we would get daily progress reports...
I just don't think we need it hanging over the country for years (and dividing the country). 

I just don't think we need it hanging over the country for years (and dividing the country). 
The country needs the truth, whatever it is, however long it takes to get there. If you end this prematurely, it will hang over the country indefinitely, many of us wondering if the guy occupying the white house got there illegitimately and/or participated in illegal actions to get there.

It's neatly dividing our country into patriots and Russo-philic traitors who would sell out their country for a buck. A good thing if you ask me.

Years from now it will be asked "which side of this bright line were you on?"
Years from now we won't find anyone who admits ever backing Trump. 

I think we are past that point...Flynn pleaded "guilty", thus acknowledging he did something wrong.

Not sure I get the hubbub though - why wouldn't Trump pardon Flynn? 
And nobody even asked him about the pardon this morning, he just voluntarily said it, correct?

witnesstampering.com

To think, we've got at least 3 more years of this.  Even if the Russia thing blows over, it's going to be like this his entire time in office.

If Trump was going to pardon Flynn why would he do it after mueller has had two weeks to talk to Flynn? 

Gotta figure Mueller has what he wants from Flynn by now. 
also, Mueller can charge him for a number of things in state court which are outside of Trump's pardon powers...

Me neither. 
I never watched West Wing either, but come on folks, I love y'all but if we chastise folks on the other side for not thinking things through... 

Once you say it was some "Representative" didn't that raise a flag as to who the hell congressman would put those words out on twitter? 

Jus saying.  And it's not as if I've not been duped myself at times, but this was pretty clearly not a sitting representative 

To think, we've got at least 3 more years of this.  Even if the Russia thing blows over, it's going to be like this his entire time in office.
If the Zervos case gets pass motion to dismiss stage and/or if the Dems take over the House and can go after his conflicts of interest, Trump will be longing for the good old days when Mueller's investigation was his greatest concern.

If the Zervos case gets pass motion to dismiss stage and/or if the Dems take over the House and can go after his conflicts of interest, Trump will be longing for the good old days when Mueller's investigation was his greatest concern.
Big If.  The guy has been bulletproof so far.  No reason to think that doesn't continue.  We've had steam coming out of our ears for a year now, and there he sits.  

Well yes, but the entity that is supposed to keep him in line refuses to. If the house/senate gets flipped, it's a whole different ballgame. 
Another big if, but I agree.  

That's why there is always so much urgency with everything.  They are in full on smash and grab mode because they know the clock is ticking.  Everything must be hurried, health care, tax bill....it's always rush rush rush, because the clock can strike midnight at any point.  

Yeah, not so much.

I don't know what, if any, state charges Flynn might be facing.  But, Mueller can't charge him with those.
Mueller can't... but theres enough to suggest such a handoff is already all but set up and guaranteed, including certain non-boilerplate language in Flynn's plea agreement regarding state and local authorities. I'll let the legal beagles explain if you want more detail on that.

That's not what's dividing our country.  The difference in intellectualism is what's dividing our country.  
There are plenty who are smart enough to know exactly what they are doing... from The administration's inner circle to Paul Ryan and Congress down to your parrotting, party before country, complicit facebook and internet posters, enablers and trolls.

Some play dumb (because their weak attempts to deflect or obfuscate or just denigrate the conversation), but sadly, they are worse than dumb.... some of the red meat base is too unaware of the underlying realities. The rest are perfectly comfortable literally tearing at the flesh of our democracy and national security to forward their party, person and ideology.

Another big if, but I agree.  

That's why there is always so much urgency with everything.  They are in full on smash and grab mode because they know the clock is ticking.  Everything must be hurried, health care, tax bill....it's always rush rush rush, because the clock can strike midnight at any point.  
No doubt. Get everything you can before the copts show up. 

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

FollowFollow @thehill

More

Justice Dept: Release of FBI agents’ texts was not authorized http://hill.cm/gaD1Az2

Wow!! The Justice Department claims they did not authorize the release of the FBI agents 10,000 text messages Yet @FoxNews had a private viewing of these messages the night before the Rosenstein hearing Now @GoP is using it as a means to try and fire Mueller #Corrupt####Show

FollowFollow @thehill

More

Justice Dept: Release of FBI agents’ texts was not authorized http://hill.cm/gaD1Az2

Wow!! The Justice Department claims they did not authorize the release of the FBI agents 10,000 text messages Yet @FoxNews had a private viewing of these messages the night before the Rosenstein hearing Now @GoP is using it as a means to try and fire Mueller #Corrupt####Show
so was this the deep state at work or is the deep state only against Trump?  I'm confused... :confused:

also, who released the messages?  I think we need another independent council to investigate!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FollowFollow @thehill

More

Dodds was right.

I think we are past that point...Flynn pleaded "guilty", thus acknowledging he did something wrong.

Not sure I get the hubbub though - why wouldn't Trump pardon Flynn? 
We don’t really know, at this point, if Flynn Was somewhat railroaded by an agent with an agenda or if he was into more serious stuff wrt Turkey and Gulen and already got a good deal....why talk about that without knowing the full scope of the facts...

A water fountain at the EPA backed up and started spewing sewage into the hallway https://www.eenews.net/eenewspm/2017/12/14/stories/1060069063 …

We don’t really know, at this point, if Flynn Was somewhat railroaded by an agent with an agenda or if he was into more serious stuff wrt Turkey and Gulen and already got a good deal....why talk about that without knowing the full scope of the facts...
how could he be railroaded into pleading guilty?  there is zero evidence that anything improper was done in the investigation

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

FollowFollow @kylegriffin1

More

Deutsche Bank has been asked by Mueller’s investigators to hand over information about transactions that could be linked to Michael Flynn or entities connected to him, people familiar with the matter tell WSJ.

how could he be railroaded into pleading guilty?  there is zero evidence that anything improper was done in the investigation
We know he was interviewed without a lawyer, without notice by an agent hell bent to get something on him...we don’t know if his rights ere violated in any way....we don’t know if the machinations of the prosecutiion intimidated him into a plea....

my point is is we don’t know the entire circumstances YET, so why make any indication if a pardon is appropriate or not YET

We know he was interviewed without a lawyer, without notice by an agent hell bent to get something on him...we don’t know if his rights ere violated in any way....we don’t know if the machinations of the prosecutiion intimidated him into a plea....

my point is is we don’t know the entire circumstances YET, so why make any indication if a pardon is appropriate or not YET
he could've asked for a lawyer, could have refused to talk instead he chose to lie to a federal agent...he was national security advisor...I think he knows his rights.   The only reason this is even being discussed is because the Right attempting to undermine the investigation even though there is ZERO evidence of anything improper.  

Good points here.  What if he was treated like pretty much every other suspect is treated by people investigating and prosecuting criminal activity?  I mean, can you even imagine?  He’s a rich white guy, for chrissakes!  

Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper 2m2 minutes ago

President Trump this morning after being asked: “I don’t want to talk about pardons with Michael Flynn yet, we’ll see what happens, let’s see. I can say this, when you look at what’s going on with the FBI and the Justice Department, people are very, very angry.”
Are those the same people who said Trump was a big donor to NAMBLA?  Because I heard  A LOT of people were saying that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think it's funny that Trump is somehow waiting for some evidence of improper handling and then pardon Flynn.....he's just looking for any possible justifiable excuse....what ever happened to the justice department and the courts determining his fate like every other citizen in our country or is Trump now the judge, jury and executioner?  The only reason Trump wants to pardon Flynn is that he likely has the goods to take down a number of people in the WH and Trump knows it.

Users who are viewing this thread