What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Delayed at Oakland Int'l Airport - Ask me Anything (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Flight delayed, so sitting at the bar at the "Chili's Too" in the Oakland (CA) airport.

Go.

haven't been out that way since the early 90s - and thankfully only passed through Oakland (had biz in Heyward and San Leandro) - it looked like a cesspool in passing, save for some very cool Gingerbread Victorians - are they now ruined? 

or did you not traverse the urban landscape?

:popcorn:

otb_lifer said:
haven't been out that way since the early 90s - and thankfully only passed through Oakland (had biz in Heyward and San Leandro) - it looked like a cesspool in passing, save for some very cool Gingerbread Victorians - are they now ruined? 

or did you not traverse the urban landscape?

:popcorn:
i used to live up this way and was in and out of this airport every few weeks... been up here on a monthly basis for the past few months...

the ghetto is still the ghetto but the "edges" are getting pretty gentrified.

have you found any random airport floor pills? take them and enjoy the journey
not as of yet, but i *am* in terminal 1 ... terminal 2 is where southwest is and i would assume that it would be those scourges that would be so carless to drop perfectly good drugs

Why did JetBlue cancel direct service from OAK to IAD?  I used to take that route every month and it was faster for me to get from my SF home to the airport gate than a comparable flight from SFO.

why isn't Tom Flores in the HoF yet?

name me one other (eligible) 2 time SB winning coach who isn't ...

have you seen any California Golden Seals paraphernalia? 

did you ever plunk major coin down on a Russel Baze mount at Golden Gate Fields?

do folks from San Fran look down their snoots at Oaktown like NYers do at Jersey?

thanks, i'll hang up and listen ?

Why did JetBlue cancel direct service from OAK to IAD?  I used to take that route every month and it was faster for me to get from my SF home to the airport gate than a comparable flight from SFO.
Not sure.  SFO sucks.  I lived up here for a few years and would avoid that airport like the plague.  I lived out in the east bay and would sometimes even drive out to Sacramento to fly out

OAK is undergoing some renovations, but it's still an easy in-and-out airport.  Love it.

if it is, it sure tastes like coke.

and by the way, i saw something posted on FB showing the amount of pure sugar in a can of coke, energy drink, tea, etc.... it is making me rethink my beverage choices
If switching to pee be mindful of your sodium intake

Last edited by a moderator:
why isn't Tom Flores in the HoF yet?  -- not sure, guess he probably should be huh.... i'm a so-cal bears fan though so not really much of a raider honk

name me one other (eligible) 2 time SB winning coach who isn't ... -- uhhh i'm gonna say jimmy johnson

have you seen any California Golden Seals paraphernalia? -- no, but plenty of "Dubs" gear.... freakin' bandwaggoners :lol:

did you ever plunk major coin down on a Russel Baze mount at Golden Gate Fields? -- nope, but i spent a lot of money at mitchell brothers one night  :excited:

do folks from San Fran look down their snoots at Oaktown like NYers do at Jersey?  -- i think they probably do, yes

thanks, i'll hang up and listen ?

is it raining there yet? Still dry in Alameda but I heard a front is coming in again :unsure:
looks pretty dry and i don't see anything on the radar until 4pm

i stayed in alameda last time i was up here.... i think the clown at the front desk of the extended stay america stole my credit card info  :mellow:   it was either him or the shell station by the airport.... jerks!

Will you go stand in line now at the gate and stare down anyone who walks by it?
If the whole Ft. Lauderdale thing hadn't just happened..... oh, and I kinda want to get back home.  

But I'm sure once they call for boarding all these travel rookies will make a beeline for the gate door even though they won't board for another 10-15 minutes.  I'll make sure to give them some passive-aggressive eye rolls.  Will that work?

Do they offer $1 shots with purchase of a beer like they did at John Wayne?
:lol:   I don't know if they are a buck, but the guy sitting next to me at the bar got a beer and the bartender asked him if he wanted a shot.  

Good times prepping for WCOFF at JWA.  That was awesome.

If the whole Ft. Lauderdale thing hadn't just happened..... oh, and I kinda want to get back home.  

But I'm sure once they call for boarding all these travel rookies will make a beeline for the gate door even though they won't board for another 10-15 minutes.  I'll make sure to give them some passive-aggressive eye rolls.  Will that work?
I guess so, maybe throw in a middle finger or two and that should do.

Who challenges you?

How do you like them apples?

Do you find it hard to hide the fact that you're gay?

Sorry, I watched Good Will Hunting last night.

Who challenges you? -- my wife?   :mellow:

How do you like them apples?  -- red and juicy

Do you find it hard to hide the fact that you're gay?  -- my wardrobe is far too lame to be gay   :sadbanana:

Sorry, I watched Good Will Hunting last night.-- great movie, haven't seen in ages.... need to rewatch

*** UPDATE FROM GATE ***

-- Some lady just walked by with a little chihuhua on a a leash... I didn't see it and almost kicked it  

-- The parked plane at the gate across from me has Tomater and Lightning McQueen on the back.  

--  Some 18 (I think?  :homer: ) year old girl just walked by in black yoga pants.  Speaking of pants, mine are now a little tight.

Are you going to become as insufferable as Red Sox and Yankee fans?
I'll try not to be.  I'll admit, I'm not a huge baseball fan at all.  The season is just too long.  The playoffs were exciting and I'm glad my Cubbies finally pulled one off.  I was trying to get back to Chicago to watch a game from a sports bar in Wrigleyville until I heard they were charging $100+ just to get in. :lol:

Your boys put up a big time fight.  Great series.  If you had been at full strength I'm not sure the result would have been the same. 

***  UPDATE ***

Now at the gate, a Buddhist monk in full on robe getup, and the standard fat 50-something broad that needs a wheelchair to get around.  No further sign of Yoga Pants Girl.   :sadbanana:

I live on Adams/Magnolia.  Born and raised across the "river" in Costa Mesa.  8 years in TX/MN and just got back to Cali a couple years ago
Nice.    Was in HB last Thursday.  Grew up at Brookhurst and Adams in Meredith homes and played in the river before it was concrete.  Lived at Adams/Magnoila after HS.   Warner/beach when I got married and then bought a place on Delaware near Yorktown.

Nice.    Was in HB last Thursday.  Grew up at Brookhurst and Adams in Meredith homes and played in the river before it was concrete.  Lived at Adams/Magnoila after HS.   Warner/beach when I got married and then bought a place on Delaware near Yorktown.
:thumbup:   some of my classmates from HS moved up to Boise, actually.  

I assume you went to Edison?  What years?

Users who are viewing this thread