Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sabertooth

Betsy Devos....probably going to need her own thread.

10 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

A friend of mine was telling me recently he and his wife plan to homeschool their daughter (nearly 1 year old at the moment).  They're believe vaccines cause autism and I believe he's a 9/11 truther.  (and you'll never believe which candidate they voted for)

I think vaccinations should be a family decision and not a government decision. We vaccinated our kids but we did spread them out because of the toxic levels of mercury in them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I think vaccinations should be a family decision and not a government decision. We vaccinated our kids but we did spread them out because of the toxic levels of mercury in them. 

Well then its good to home-school if for no reason to keep your kids separate from the masses.

Just now, JIslander said:

Well then its good to home-school if for no reason to keep your kids separate from the masses.

Not surprised the ignorant uneducated reply comes from you. Thanks for coming through. 

4 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

OH FOR ####'S SAKE

Edited by Reg Lllama of Brixton
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Is there any science supporting this position?

• Like 1

Ramblin Wreck:

I think vaccinations should be a family decision and not a government decision.

This is like saying "I think driving the speed limit should be a family decision".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I think vaccinations should be a family decision and not a government decision. 

My comment wasn't a political commentary on whether vaccinations should be mandatory; it was merely an illustration of a close friend who is going to start home-schooling and believes in some conspiracy theories in reference to Reg Lllama's comments about "whackadoo" parents.

Just now, Steve Tasker said:

My comment wasn't a political commentary on whether vaccinations should be mandatory; it was merely an illustration of a close friend who is going to start home-schooling and believes in some conspiracy theories in reference to Reg Lllama's comments about "whackadoo" parents.

I'll make a political commentary on whether they should be mandatory.  #######s who don't vaccinate their kids are destroying herd immunity.  It would be bad enough if they were just screwing with their own kids' health, but they're jeopardizing the health of kids who are either too sick or to young to receive the vaccine and who rely on the disease being controlled in the general population.  It's the very definition of a public health issue. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I'll make a political commentary on whether they should be mandatory.  #######s who don't vaccinate their kids are destroying herd immunity.  It would be bad enough if they were just screwing with their own kids' health, but they're jeopardizing the health of kids who are either too sick or to young to receive the vaccine and who rely on the disease being controlled in the general population.  It's the very definition of a public health issue. 

:lmao:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I'd like to say this surprises me, but it doesn't.

17 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

And cooties. Kids can only stand so many cooties. Just ask them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joffer said:

I'd like to say this surprises me, but it doesn't.

Your passive aggressive insults don't surprise me either. 

People wonder why :lmao: gets used so often with you guys. There's a pretty good discussion on homeschool here which got off topic into vaccines and people like you have no knowledge or substance so out come the insults and attacks.  It's amazing how much some of you take for granted and believe. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

JFC...

• Like 1

People wonder why :lmao: gets used so often with you guys. There's a pretty good discussion on homeschool here which got off topic into vaccines and people like you have no knowledge or substance so out come the insults and attacks.  It's amazing how much some of you take for granted and believe. 

I asked this above, but I'll ask again because of this response.

Is there any science that supports the position that vaccinations should be spaced out because of too much mercury?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

sure thing boss. stay away from those chemtrails.

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Well, when it is backed by science, most educated people tend to take it for granted.  And it's not just the non-religious who take this stance. 

Just now, rascal said:

Well, when it is backed by science, most educated people tend to take it for granted.  And it's not just the non-religious who take this stance. 

What's religion have to do with any of this? Or even politics?

7 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

This is like a parody account, right?  

What's religion have to do with any of this? Or even politics?

Anecdotal experiences that those who are against vaccines are typically doubtful of science on several issues (creation being one).

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Still waiting for your proof about inferior educations.  

There's no proof either way, guy. There hasn't been anything even remotely resembling comprehensive study or regulation.

Your anti-vaxxer stance really tells anyone everything they need to know re: the validity of your opinions as a whole, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rascal said:

Anecdotal experiences that those who are against vaccines are typically doubtful of science on several issues (creation being one).

Thread is full of assumptions

1 minute ago, Coeur de Lion said:

There's no proof either way, guy. There hasn't been anything even remotely resembling comprehensive study or regulation.

Your anti-vaxxer stance really tells anyone everything they need to know re: the validity of your opinions as a whole, though.

You made the stupid ignorant statement guy. You got called on it and now move the goal posts to attack me. Be honest you're attacking homeschool ignorantly because you're butt hurt over fears regarding the new Sec of Education. 

2 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Like that pesky child labor law.  Silly liberals.

I'm not sure if you're worse in this thread or the Packer thread.

Seriously, how old are you?

How do parents deal with the social aspect of interacting with their peers when home schooling their kids?

I don't know much on the subject but I would think that's a big issue.

29 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

This is where the rolling guy is ridiculous.  Do you disagree that it's a public health issue?  If so...why?

7 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

You made the stupid ignorant statement guy. You got called on it and now move the goal posts to attack me. Be honest you're attacking homeschool ignorantly because you're butt hurt over fears regarding the new Sec of Education. 

Riiiiiight, I'm ignorant. Must be those toxic mercury levels kicking in...

This is how we end up with Trump, folks.

Just now, Coeur de Lion said:

Riiiiiight, I'm ignorant. Must be those toxic mercury levels kicking in...

This is how we end up with Trump, folks.

Literally everyone I know into alternate forms of medicine, anti vaccine (which I clearly said I wasn't we just spread them out), and half the homeschoolers are liberal hippies.  I was a Sanders guy for the 200th time. But keep with ignorant nonsense. You're on a roll today. 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

I'm not sure if you're worse in this thread or the Packer thread.

Seriously, how old are you?

Fake News!  

52 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I don't have any bias for or against homeschooling in general, but these are kind of fuzzy stats. There's a self-selection bias for people who are home schooled versus the population at large. Obviously home schooled parents are highly interested in their kid's education. And that's a huge factor in the success of a kid.

It is hard to do an apples to apples comparison, but when someone call home schooling "absolutely markedly inferior", it is a pretty ridiculous claim from what all data shows. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

"toxic levels of mercury"

How many times are you going to post this?  Are you saying it's not toxic to a human?  Toddler?  Baby?

Or you here for the political insults?

4 hours ago, massraider said:

No one really cares about schools and kids, is that your stance?

If we are talking about doing something to create a competitive environment in education, count me in. The Dems and the Teachers' Unions think that the schools exist only to provide them with employment and to attempt to spread their propaganda. It's way past time we stopped screwing our kids over in the name of this agenda.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It is hard to do an apples to apples comparison, but when someone call home schooling "absolutely markedly inferior", it is a pretty ridiculous claim from what all data shows. 

The "data" that you keep referencing consists wholly of tiny samples chosen deliberately by advocates of home schooling. It's not remotely representative and is completely worthless.

It's a pointless argument anyway. We all know exactly where you are coming from on this issue, and no one is saying that you shouldn't be able to keep your kids home and read the Bible to them all day.

The issue (among others with DeVos) lies with having a Secretary of Education who will promote other avenues at the expense of public schools.

8 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

How many times are you going to post this?  Are you saying it's not toxic to a human?  Toddler?  Baby?

Or you here for the political insults?

Probably until you quit avoiding the questions asked and back up the claims you made.  Only a guess though.

1 minute ago, Coeur de Lion said:

The "data" that you keep referencing consists wholly of tiny samples chosen deliberately by advocates of home schooling. It's not remotely representative and is completely worthless.

It's a pointless argument anyway. We all know exactly where you are coming from on this issue, and no one is saying that you shouldn't be able to keep your kids home and read the Bible to them all day.

The issue (among others with DeVos) lies with having a Secretary of Education who will promote other avenues at the expense of public schools.

It is not pointless and you seem to have no idea where I am coming from.  The data is not cherry-picked at all.  All data conclusively shows your claim about homeschooling being markedly inferior is 100% bunk which you have not even attempted to support, because you can not.  You keep arguing and trying to change the debate, instead of just admitting your first statement was just wrong.