What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We keep being told that all people here illegally are really all law abiding.  I'm sure they'll follow the law and not ignore the census.
And we're told that just by being here they prove they aren't law abiding.  How many law abiding DACA kids registered only to find out later that the new president now wants to deport them and by registering they held up a nice neon sign for him?  Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot: it isn't the president who terminated the DACA program who wants to deport them, it's the Democrats who won't grovel at his feet who want to do it.

How and why did she make that declaration... and how is it any of our business....Was she made to feel like she had to tell us?
It is part of her overall identity - she described herself in an essay she wrote for Harpers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/01/emma-gonzalez-la-nueva-cara-of-florida-latinx/?utm_term=.5d5dddc20e8b

The daughter of Jose González, now a lawyer who arrived from Cuba in New York in 1968, Emma is unwavering in her embrace of her identity. “I’m 18 years old, Cuban, and bisexual,” she says in the lead paragraph of her recent essay published in Harper’s Bazaar. While Univision reported that she does not speak Spanish, she doesn’t shy away from her Cuban identity. And though The Sun Sentinel has reported that her short buzz-cut is for practical reasons — “Hair is just another sweater I’m forced to wear,” she demurred — her participation in her school’s Gay-Straight Alliance and recent self-outing resounds with queerness.

So our generation gets 401ks instead of pensions, and some guy is up saying "nothing to see here" like Officer Barbrady. Do 80% of people also have nothing to lose? A lot of people (workers or comrades if you prefer) have nothing guaranteed, and are plenty worried about this President, for little to no reason, introducing volatility into an economy that was rolling along just fine thank you. Nothing to see here guy, lol.

Since they raised it..does it matter to the average Joe if it was misappropriated?   It would be different if they had gotten it from the taxpayers but wonder if it’s worth causing a stink since it was (likely) private money donated to the inauguration committee 
Because it's essentially legal bribery

It is part of her overall identity - she described herself in an essay she wrote for Harpers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/01/emma-gonzalez-la-nueva-cara-of-florida-latinx/?utm_term=.5d5dddc20e8b

The daughter of Jose González, now a lawyer who arrived from Cuba in New York in 1968, Emma is unwavering in her embrace of her identity. “I’m 18 years old, Cuban, and bisexual,” she says in the lead paragraph of her recent essay published in Harper’s Bazaar. While Univision reported that she does not speak Spanish, she doesn’t shy away from her Cuban identity. And though The Sun Sentinel has reported that her short buzz-cut is for practical reasons — “Hair is just another sweater I’m forced to wear,” she demurred — her participation in her school’s Gay-Straight Alliance and recent self-outing resounds with queerness.
Thanks...I was hoping because of her new found notoriety that she didn't feel pressured to declare. 

80% of Americans are living their lives, enjoying these times of prosperity and burgeoning world peace. When people are able to take care of themselves and provide for their families they tune out the noise. They have accepted that politics and media serve only to divide and they make the conscious decision to rise above it all.

The other 20% has been engulfed in hatred and conspiracy. They spend their days fretting over Russian boogeymen and decades old sexual escapades of private citizens. They are incapable of accepting reality so they squeeze the past until it drips a cancerous funk all over themselves and the people around them. They huddle together on low rent cable networks and anonymous internet sites and feed off of each other's misery and fear.

Sixteen months have passed since they were told by their fellow citizens that they were on the wrong side of history. Yet they wake up each day, like groundhog day, thinking that it was all a big mistake and any minute she will take Herr rightful place in the Oval Office.

These are some of the greatest times our nation has seen in decades, if not longer. Trump has only been in office a little over a year, but he has fulfilled his promise to Make America Great Again.

You can either enjoy the ride or be a miserable human. The beauty of it is that the choice is yours.
huh.

I've followed this thread closely, though I never post in it.  I don't have anyone on ignore.  I appreciate opinions on all sides, especially opinions I disagree with.  I try to be thoughtful and open-minded, to distill the garbage from the real content, fact from opinion.  I don't hand out likes to posts that seem insulting.   I try to be excellent.  But this post got me.

Bozeman, best case scenario here is you're a giant troll.  If that's all, congrats, you're a spectacular specimen.  Kudos.  If you actually believe any of this undiluted tripe I honestly feel sorry for you.  Go find some right wing media conversion therapy, post haste.  You are freaking brainwashed, dude.  Scarily so.

All due respect.  The beauty of it is the choice is yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
huh.

I've followed this thread closely, though I never post in it.  I don't have anyone on ignore.  I appreciate opinions on all sides, especially opinions I disagree with.  I try to be thoughtful and open-minded, to distill the garbage from the real content, fact from opinion.  I don't hand out likes to posts that seem insulting.   I try to be excellent.  But this post got me.

Bozeman, best case scenario here is you're a giant troll.  If that's all, congrats, you're a spectacular specemin.  Kudos.  If you actually believe any of this undiluted tripe I honestly feel sorry for you.  Go find some right wing media conversion therapy, post haste.  You are freaking brainwashed, dude.  Scarily so.

He's like the board mascot for the right. Everything is over-exaggerated and ridiculous. It's almost like he's doing a caricature to make fun of Fox News watchers. Sad thing is, he's not. It's really his opinions. But he's also a troll.

And we're told that just by being here they prove they aren't law abiding.  How many law abiding DACA kids registered only to find out later that the new president now wants to deport them and by registering they held up a nice neon sign for him?  Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot: it isn't the president who terminated the DACA program who wants to deport them, it's the Democrats who won't grovel at his feet who want to do it.
Still not clear why adding a question about citizenship is unconstitutional.

He's like the board mascot for the right. Everything is over-exaggerated and ridiculous. It's almost like he's doing a caricature to make fun of Fox News watchers. Sad thing is, he's not. It's really his opinions. But he's also a troll.
For anyone that posts about Trump on this board, claiming the above about a non-liberal, is highly laughable.  The breathless histrionics here are palpable every single day.

unckeyherb said:

Still not clear why adding a question about citizenship is unconstitutional.
The census is mandated by the Constitution, and it requires that ALL persons (including illegal immigrants) are counted.

Nancy Pelosi believes that a citizenship question will cause people to evade the census, which would mean that not all persons would be counted, which she apparently considers to be a violation of the Constitution.

The census is mandated by the Constitution, and it requires that ALL persons (including illegal immigrants) are counted.

Nancy Pelosi believes that a citizenship question will cause people to evade the census, which would mean that not all persons would be counted, which she apparently considers to be a violation of the Constitution.
ALL people will not be counted regardless of whether the question is asked on the census.  I suspect this is one of those debates that can be argued either way and most people will decide based on their political leanings.

Right.  but asking a question isn't unconstitutional.  Frankly, avoiding the census is the illegal act.

Which conflicts with one's right to not incriminate himself with an admission. Hence the legal conundrum. 
Gotcha.  I may be wrong, but I thought rights against self-incrimination only apply to criminal cases or other legal proceedings.  This doesn't apply here, right?

unckeyherb said:

Right. but asking a question isn't unconstitutional. Frankly, avoiding the census is the illegal act.
I don't think that a citizenship question would be unconstitutional unless there was evidence that the Trump administration was deliberately trying to suppress census responses. For example, if they announced that there would be increased ICE patrols in blue states on the days that the census was enumerated. Or if they tried to repeal confidentiality requirements.

huh.

Bozeman, best case scenario here is you're a giant troll.  If that's all, congrats, you're a spectacular specimen.  Kudos.  If you actually believe any of this undiluted tripe I honestly feel sorry for you.  Go find some right wing media conversion therapy, post haste.  You are freaking brainwashed, dude.  Scarily so.

Odd. I feel the same way when 90 percent of the left posts in here. 

I don't think that a citizenship question would be unconstitutional unless there was evidence that the Trump administration was deliberately trying to suppress census responses. For example, if they announced that there would be increased ICE patrols in blue states on the days that the census was enumerated. Or if they tried to repeal confidentiality requirements.
What are reason would there be? It is fairly easy inference to draw.

Dial it back, Nancy. The citizenship question was a vital part of the census for many years. Bringing it back won't cause a Constitutional crisis.
Not since 1950

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 11m11 minutes ago

Sanders says a citizenship question has been on every census since 1965. Citizenship hasn’t been questioned on a decennial census since 1950:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/03/26/citizenship-question-put-back-2020-census/461044002/

To try to get more accurate numbers of people with illegal status?
It won't accomplish that purpose, since the undocumented will just refuse to fill out the census entirely rather than have a choice of telling the truth and letting ICE know where they are living for easy deportation or in the alternative committing perjury by claiming to be a US citizen.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/380425-dem-lawmaker-says-she-will-introduce-bill-to-block-census-from-asking-about

Dem lawmaker says she will introduce bill to block 2020 census from asking about citizenship

Rep. Grace Meng (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday that she is planning to introduce legislation to block a question about citizenship from appearing on the 2020 U.S. census.

Meng said in a statement that the decision to "add this question without any testing at this late stage is deeply troubling and reckless."

She also warned that the question will likely decrease response rates and yield inaccurate results.

"Many immigrants who are fearful of deportation under the current Administration will simply choose to not participate in the census out of fear that the information they provide will be used against them," Meng said in the statement, according to ABC News.

"I will now look to introduce legislation to stop this question from being included on the census."

The comments come after the Commerce Department said Monday that the 2020 census will include a question on citizenship, despite strong objections. 

Democrats have raised concerns that adding the question would result in an inaccurate population count because it would discourage some immigrants from filling out the questionnaire, given the Trump administration's crackdown on those in the country illegally.

[...]

Last week, several Senate Democrats introduced a bill that would prevent the census from asking a question about citizenship or immigration status.

“The Trump Administration’s efforts to add a question on citizenship in the 2020 Census is just another one of this Administration’s misguided immigration priorities aimed at sowing fear in American communities and perpetuating anti-immigrant rhetoric,” Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.) said in a statement last week.

“Our census is intended to provide a full and accurate accounting of this nation’s population, and any attempts to keep immigrants undercounted and minority districts underfunded should not be tolerated.”

Census data is used to redraw House districts and the number of seats each state receives. Data from the census is also used to determine the number of each state's votes in the Electoral College.

Trump rises in polls to 42%; highest in 11 months:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/26/politics/cnn-poll-trump-approval-rating-rises/index.html

I know it's still low, but the fact that his polling went up at all indicates a distressing thing to me: that even beyond his base ( who never abandoned him even at his lowest numbers) there is a percentage of the American public for whom there is nothing beyond the pale.

The people I'm referring to here are different from Trump's base: they don't like it when Trump says outrageous or offensive things. They don't like his bigotry or incompetence. But none of this is permanent for them. No matter how many bad things Trump does, let him do something they like, or let the economy be good, etc., and they're willing to forgive and forget.

Do you believe that almost every post that criticizes Trump is a "left post"?
For the most part. There are some soft people in the middle and the right who would are completely against someone who is brash, even if he gets things accomplished.

Matthias said:
Yeah. There's over 100 people producing over 3,000 pages of posts, just to troll you. And not that it's your perspective that's screwed up.

Congrats. You've figured us out.
Congrats on believing the echo chamber on this forum and in the liberal media is correct and not a bunch of propaganda.

For the most part. There are some soft people in the middle and the right who would are completely against someone who is brash, even if he gets things accomplished.
Lol on “soft people in the middle and on the right” comment.  So apparently if you don’t like Trump you’re soft   But I digress....

Napoleon was brash too but got things accomplished.  You like him?   How about Genghis Khan? Or Stalin?  Can’t deny these guys accomplishments, they must be awesome.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol on “soft people in the middle and on the right” comment.  So apparently if you don’t like Trump your soft   But I digress....

Napoleon was brash too but got things accomplished.  You like him?   How about Genghis Khan? Or Stalin?  Can’t deny these guys accomplishments, they must be awesome.  
Right Trump is doing the same things as those guys.. :no:

Trump rises in polls to 42%; highest in 11 months:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/26/politics/cnn-poll-trump-approval-rating-rises/index.html

I know it's still low, but the fact that his polling went up at all indicates a distressing thing to me: that even beyond his base ( who never abandoned him even at his lowest numbers) there is a percentage of the American public for whom there is nothing beyond the pale.

The people I'm referring to here are different from Trump's base: they don't like it when Trump says outrageous or offensive things. They don't like his bigotry or incompetence. But none of this is permanent for them. No matter how many bad things Trump does, let him do something they like, or let the economy be good, etc., and they're willing to forgive and forget.
Interesting.  I genuinely wonder what caused this, given that the economy is (at least hopefully for only a short time) no longer booming. Couple that with the elicit affairs (I mean, that had to lose some religious people), the uneventful budget signing, etc. and I'm not identifying some specific positive that has happened recently. Is there a statistically proven lag in these polls? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread