What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pizza Bagels, Genius! (1 Viewer)

I wonder if they would touch Lewis with his domestic violence charge. Bengals will probably take him in the 3rd.
Not sure, but if you look into the story it's super fishy, like Conley. His girlfriend called the cops saying he pushed her. And he said he was just trying to leave the apartment and that she was trying to tackle him. She then admitted to the cops that she had been hitting him and trying to tackle him while he was trying to leave and that maybe he hadn't actually done anything...

Both slot guys, was my point.  JuJu has a much bigger frame, obviously, but he's not a true perimeter/deep threat.
If Juju, Bryant and Brown are on the field, Brown could easily play out of the slot. He did very often last year with Coates and Hey-Bey-Bey outside.

Not sure, but if you look into the story it's super fishy, like Conley. His girlfriend called the cops saying he pushed her. And he said he was just trying to leave the apartment and that she was trying to tackle him. She then admitted to the cops that she had been hitting him and trying to tackle him while he was trying to leave and that maybe he hadn't actually done anything...
Yeah, that's why I figured he might be an option. We just don't have any way to know how he interviewed and what he told them about it. 

OK, now you're making me feel better. :lol:
I think that's could be what they're hoping for, and may be an indication that they aren't going to go after a TE very early this draft either.  May be that they view JuJu as a guy who would be looked at to make very similar plays to what Green could (if he's in one piece).  Have him matching up vs. the Nickel CB or a S to work the middle and hopefully push the seam if he's forgotten, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Steelers would have taken Tanoh Kpassagnon if he was still there. He could rotate in with Tuitt and Heyward as an athletic freak. And they looked at him multiple times this offseason.

I can't see it being anyone but AB, Bryant, JuJu, Coates and Rogers with the only caveat that if Bryant screws up, DHB stays.

I think that's what they're probably hoping for, and may be an indication that they aren't going to go after a TE very early this draft either.  May be that they view JuJu as a guy who would be looked at to make very similar plays to what Green could (if he's in one piece).  Have him matching up vs. the Nickel CB or a S to work the middle and hopefully push the seam if he's forgotten, etc.
I agree that they were probably thinking TE or WR, not both. Hoping for a DB and maybe Josh Dobbs in the 3rd?

I was so scared they were going to take Webb in the 2nd. He can't throw. SO happy they passed on him!

I agree that they were probably thinking TE or WR, not both. Hoping for a DB and maybe Josh Dobbs in the 3rd?

I was so scared they were going to take Webb in the 2nd. He can't throw. SO happy they passed on him!
Jesus, I hope they avoid Dobbs at all costs.  I'm a peripheral UT fan.  Just....no.

I think that's what they're probably hoping for, and may be an indication that they aren't going to go after a TE very early this draft either.  May be that they view JuJu as a guy who would be looked at to make very similar plays to what Green could (if he's in one piece).  Have him matching up vs. the Nickel CB or a S to work the middle and hopefully push the seam if he's forgotten, etc.
If this guy comes out and starts making clutch 3rd down grabs on a regular basis, I'll walk my objection back. He's a player I could easily see myself falling in love with if he plays above the line (that one's for you, Coach.) 

I just feel like WR was unnecessary. I felt like Rogers was still getting better. 

Yeah, he should prolly stop tweeting.  I mean....he's at least 50/50 on being right, but you may wanna keep your trap shut anyway 2 or 3 days after getting reinstated.
Coates responded "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Maybe it's an inside joke? Or Bryant is a ####. Even money.

If this guy comes out and starts making clutch 3rd down grabs on a regular basis, I'll walk my objection back. He's a player I could easily see myself falling in love with if he plays above the line (that one's for you, Coach.) 

I just feel like WR was unnecessary. I felt like Rogers was still getting better. 
I think they needed to take at least one WR, just not necessarily in round 2.  I don't have a problem with Eli Rogers, but ignoring what I hoped they'd do/etc, JuJu is a better player than Eli.

We have deep guys, plus Green.

I dont see Eli and JuJu all that comparable.

I wouldn't compare Anquan Boldin and Eli Rogers at all. Yet Boldins measurables made him an absolute no-no as an outside deep threat guy. And his #s are EERILY similar to JuJu.

6'1"..................6'1"

216#...............215#

33.5"v.............32.5"v

114"b.............120"b

2nd round.... 2nd round

1) I wish I was in Philly so I could have thrown my feces at Josh Scobee like a gorilla. 

2) Volume posting on mobile on this site sucks so hard since the last upgrade. 

I don't think anyone is saying they're similar players. Just that they are both likely to operate primarily out of the slot. 
Exactly.

I can see a little Brandon Marshall to JuJu's game, I just don't think he'll ever be the vertical threat that Marshall was able to be early in his career (that's fine though, since that's not really what they need him to be if Bryant's head stays attached or Coates looks like he did pre-injury).  They both played S in college at one point, both are really good after the catch, both can track the ball really well, both aren't liabilities as blockers.  If he turns into a lower case Brandon Marshall (without the "off meds crazy" 15 had early in his career) he should be well worth the pick.

Bryant throws teammate Coates under the bus after Steelers draft WR

David P. Woods8m ago

Adam Hunger / USA TODAY Sports 

Martavis Bryant was recently reinstated after a year-long suspension for multiple violations of the NFL's drug policy, but he might be subject to another round of "random" testing after a tweet he shared during the NFL draft.

After the Steelers selected wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round of the draft, prompting some fans to suggest Bryant's job is in jeopardy, Bryant posted this: 

Sammie Coates is Bryant's teammate, so it's more than a little unusual for Bryant to throw him under the bus like this.

There could be some tense moments in the Steelers' wide receivers room this spring.

35mMartavis Bryant @ThaBestUNO

lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back

Lovely

Last edited by a moderator:
And Im still good with snagging one of the three TEs that sit atop the grouping.  Talent > Need. As you need everything at some point.

I'm certainly rooting for a double dip on defense in 3.
Most of the corners I mentioned earlier are still there, along with multiple edge guys. Well, one fewer now as I type this. 

Blair Brown a guy that is intriguing at ILB. He and maybe Beckwith are the only 2 inside guys I would consider in the 3rd.

JuJu Smith-Schuster Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:

• Run-after-the-catch skills
  • Extremely physical
  • Red-zone weapon
  • Wins 50-50 passes
  • Has the strength to outfight defensive backs
  • Good hands
  • Long arms
  • Attacks the football
  • Gritty player; plays with an attitude
  • Strong
  • Experienced and successful against good college programs
  • Blocking ability
  • Ready to contribute
Weaknesses:

Player Comparison: Mohamed Sanu. Smith-Schuster's game is similar to Sanu as possession receivers who can be effective as No. 2 wideouts in the NFL. They are similar in size, and Sanu (6-2, 210) is a run-after-the-catch receiver like Smith-Schuster. Sanu and Smith-Schuster have comparable speed as well. Sanu was a second-day pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, and Smith-Schuster will slip to Day 2.

Most of the corners I mentioned earlier are still there, along with multiple edge guys. Well, one fewer now as I type this. 

Blair Brown a guy that is intriguing at ILB. He and maybe Beckwith are the only 2 inside guys I would consider in the 3rd.
I like both of those two okay enough.  I forced to pick one now, I like the dude from Northwestern "best" of what is left.  Not a stranger to coverage and good instincts.  Very few quality ILB types in this draft honestly.   I'd probably rather they just punt at this point or take a developmental guy later depending on how things break.

Users who are viewing this thread