What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pizza Bagels, Genius! (1 Viewer)

Lewis had to have interviewed terribly. He's too instinctive and natural at mirroring to still be out there despite his relative lack of size. 

The QBs in this draft. :doh:
If we do draft a QB (I wouldn't) - I kind of hope it's Peterman. Anyone they can get here is terribly flawed but at least Peterman has a good mind for a QB and great accuracy on his passes. I don't know that he's ever a quality starter in the NFL but he's also less likely to kill you if he's in the game than the other QBs still on the board. 

No shock there. Cowboys, Raiders, Bengals will always snap up these red flag guys. 

Unfortunately, he was the guy we really needed in the back 4.

Well that escalated quickly between Coates and Bryant. Hey knuckleheads, it's because both of you are unreliable and stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid but not spectacular CB, can't ask for too much more late in the 3rd.

Think we go offense next. QB, TE, or RB.

I liked Desmond King more than Sutton, but I'm just happy we got a CB.

Hodges would not be terrible here at all.  Kind of have a feeling they were looking at this comp pick as "the TE" pick....but then they draft JuJu. 

Still hoping for more defense.

Sutton can play the slot, dime safety (CF) and return punts. Yeah, he needs work on his tackling and needs to stop biting and getting toasted on double moves, but he has ball skills and can cover. I like Lewis a lot better but Lewis might be in jail come week 1. Sutton won't be. 

I think this is too early for Conner but I was hoping they'd draft him in the 4th or 5th so I'm not crying. Feels like they're drafting people rather than players, even more so than usual. 

Sutton can play the slot, dime safety (CF) and return punts. Yeah, he needs work on his tackling and needs to stop biting and getting toasted on double moves, but he has ball skills and can cover. I like Lewis a lot better but Lewis might be in jail come week 1. Sutton won't be. 

I think this is too early for Conner but I was hoping they'd draft him in the 4th or 5th so I'm not crying. Feels like they're drafting people rather than players, even more so than usual. 
Sure feels that way.  Maybe the Bryant/Bell shenanigans have colored judgements?

ETA: As with JuJu, I think Conner is a pretty good player....I just don't see the need to take him in 3 with so many equally talented options at the position available.  Really would have liked to see another Edge guy there.  Or Walker Jr.

What if we get Lawson in the 4th? haha

Also, Watt, Sutton, and Conner had meetings with the Steelers. 3/4 of our first picks, the trend continues. If it continues we'll take: Peterman, Dobbs, Montae Nicholson, Butt, or Biegel in the coming rounds.

Being from LA I didn't see as much of Connor as you guys from Pittsburgh, but I remember watching him a few years ago and thinking damn what a beast. I didn't know his back story. 

who knows, maybe they thought he wouldn't be there in the next round given the early runs on offensive skill players. Hard to beat that story.

I think it's part that, and part copycatting the Patriots, trying to get more intelligent/team players too.
I don't have a huge problem with that mindset, I'd just hope it was only being used as a tie-breaker on equally talented players.  Still need guys to make plays first and foremost.

I wonder if maybe the think they can get Conner hooked up with the same program as Bell?  Have him drop some weight to help improve his agility, etc.  There are a few very basic similarities to "rookie Bell" with Conner, if you squint.  Tall, big bodies, solid receivers, quicker than fast.  Conner nowhere near as twitchy, or patient, though.

They don't move around a lot. I'm happy with this draft. I don't think JuJu is a bad pick just a curious fit. Honestly they may be saying they've had enough of both Coates and Bryants BS. Also may be clear that they are worried about the culture. No better way to change that then to outnumber the dbags with a bunch of high character leaders that wade through BS and get everyone else to fall in line.

Loved the pick in round one, have not been happy since but did not hate the Sutton pick.

Entering the draft I had two major things I did not want to see. A QB or WR in first two rounds so knowing that I can't help but dislike the Connor pick even more.

They don't move around a lot. I'm happy with this draft. I don't think JuJu is a bad pick just a curious fit. Honestly they may be saying they've had enough of both Coates and Bryants BS. Also may be clear that they are worried about the culture. No better way to change that then to outnumber the dbags with a bunch of high character leaders that wade through BS and get everyone else to fall in line.
I'll add that Watt, Schuster and Connor are all 3 "country strong" and have jolting punches.  I already said that Watt would make a good fighter, and if you have seen the other two, they both have some pretty dominant stiff-arms and aren't afraid of contact.  Perhaps they just want guys who can really brawl for the games vs the criminals  :gang1:  ...  I mean Bengals.  Like my dad used to say, "Don't you start a fight, and don't you lose a fight."  :boxing:

Users who are viewing this thread