What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

V-Day 2017 - How pathetic are you? (1 Viewer)

I just bought my wife a greeting card, she is sooooo lucky.   :bag:
thats all i did.  And I am going to go play indoor soccer tonight so wont even see her later.

She promised no gifts just cards, well see if she means it or its the "im fine" response.

Although Metallica tix for August helps...

Same thing year after year(basically nothing), but today we got to spend it together.  She was off, and I got to work and we had a gas leak. Company sent everyone home for the day.  We made cookies for the kids with People's Court on in the back ground (makes me feel somewhat normal).

One year me and the youngest went to get cards at Walgreen's for her.  Got to the register and got rung up............$18.  Youngest said "mom will be mad if you spend that much on cards", I agreed.  We went home and told her what the cards said.  She was more appreciative of that.

We'll go out to dinner some other night after one of the kid's baseball games.  She loves seeing others get gifts/flowers, but says it would be out of character for me to get or for her to expect.  She would much rather get a surprise gift some other time of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Card, bottle of wine (which I'd have likely gotten anyway if it weren't V-day, we like wine), some flowers, and some cookies (which she later texted me the dog jumped up on the counter and ate). 

No card and she bought her own box of chocolates to make sure she gets the right style (she likes to save the pillowy boxes for decorations and I always screw it up)

Stepped up a bit this year.. 

Wife likes "Arts & Crafts", While I am all thumbs when it comes to that kind of thing.. I surprised her by taking her to a "Glass Fusing" Art class last Saturday.. They included Wine, Chocolates along with other snacks.. So, while I tried to "help" at the beginning, I ended up drinking wine while letting her do the design.. She loved the surprise so that was a win..

Today gave her a bouquet of Tulips, as she likes those a lot more then Roses..  :thumbup:

Got tickets to the Preds game last Sunday, arranged for a baby sitter and got her a Preds jersey.

Unless my stop to Aldi for milk this evening reveals some clearance Valentines candy, she gets nothing.

《《 Husband of the Year

Sitting in a tattoo shop right now. But we went to dinner on Saturday. Put rose petals on the bed and now there are pink stains in some spots. Who knew

Stepped up a bit this year.. 

Wife likes "Arts & Crafts", While I am all thumbs when it comes to that kind of thing.. I surprised her by taking her to a "Glass Fusing" Art class last Saturday.. They included Wine, Chocolates along with other snacks.. So, while I tried to "help" at the beginning, I ended up drinking wine while letting her do the design.. She loved the surprise so that was a win..

Today gave her a bouquet of Tulips, as she likes those a lot more then Roses..  :thumbup:
What's better than roses on your piano?  

Tulips on your organ!

We buy the kids a little amount of stuff too.  Got her a couple of red silicon (stop it ...) muffin tins and a couple pots of tulips.  We got the kids the typical Whitman chocolates large heart sampler and a Starbucks gift card.  

Ordered a Valentine's Day dinner meal package from a local Fresh Market which came with filet mignon, mashed potatoes, asparagus, chocolate covered strawberries, and a dozen roses.  Cooked up the dinner over the weekend.  I'm not much for Valentine's Day, but I don't really need an excuse to grill steak.

Flat on my back with the stomach bug. My gift to her is making it to the toilet in time.

Wine, ordering Italian carry out, want to watch a good movie, she doesn't like those so it will probably be a rerun of 30 Rock or a Top Chef episode on he DVR. I offered to take her to the DSO where the orchestra is playing the live to a screening of Casablanca. She didn't want to. I think I am the woman in this relationship. 

I sent mine a half dozen or so "I want anal for Valentine's Day" memes earlier and had roses waiting for her when she got home. 

No anal. 

thats all i did.  And I am going to go play indoor soccer tonight so wont even see her later.

She promised no gifts just cards, well see if she means it or its the "im fine" response.

Although Metallica tix for August helps...
How long have you been married?

Had flowers delivered to the house today and we're going to dinner tonight. 

So pretty much the standard. 

Diamond bracelet, new boots, a spa gift card and I made a 5 course meal.  

Lol just kidding.  Got a card, a box of chocolates I like and some gas station flowers. 

I bought her me her a couple things form Adoreme.com. Other than that, we exchanged the same cards we've been exchanging for the past 5-6 years. (screw you Walgreens, you ain't getting my $18)

Card, bottle of wine (which I'd have likely gotten anyway if it weren't V-day, we like wine), some flowers, and some cookies (which she later texted me the dog jumped up on the counter and ate). 
Surrrrre, the dog ate all the cookies.

Users who are viewing this thread