What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (2 Viewers)

31 Rush yards, after a week he had 1 rush yard. 8 points last week, 3 right now. 

Whats the worth? Vita Vea currently has more points. I understand the love of his talent, but his fantasy worth? Nonexiistant. 
If you can complete the dynasty value of a player in 2 weeks you are good.  Players can have bad weeks.  You are way off on your assessment. 

To make the point.  Would you trade Vita Vea for Barkley? The answer is no.

31 Rush yards, after a week he had 1 rush yard. 8 points last week, 3 right now. 

Whats the worth? Vita Vea currently has more points. I understand the love of his talent, but his fantasy worth? Nonexiistant. 

Actually it's not. He isn't startable at this point.  Danny dummy doesn't know he has a good check down.
I was referring to the comment about him having "some value in dyno". Which is an lol comment.

Giants wasting his career. His next catch on an arrow route will probably be his 1st
This, he will be a Giant next year.

People making excuses as if he is even talented at this point just love names. Talent would have popped a run on his own. Im sick of hearing people mock those who have hot takes about big names when the hot take is right.

If you start him next week, you deserve what you get. 

3 total TDs from him this year, Gallman had 2 in one game and had more than any game Barkley had, in the one...ONE, game he started.. 

Last edited by a moderator:

People making excuses as if he is even talented at this point just love names. Talent would have popped a run on his own. Im sick of hearing people mock those who have hot takes about big names when the hot take is right.

If you start him next week, you deserve what you get. 

3 total TDs from him this year, Gallman had 2 in one game and had more than any game Barkley had, in the one...ONE, game he started.. 
Wait, you’re saying he’s NOT talented? Barkley is a beast and having a bad season for a ton of reasons. Lack pf talent is not one of those reasons. 

He is in the worst situation possible.  Coach is terrible, QB is terrible,  play calling terrible.  Everyone that said eli manning was bad last year, here you go giants fans. What a disaster 

Saquon Barkley compiled 59 yards on 17 carries along with two catches for one yard on three targets Sunday in New York’s Week 12 loss to the Bears.

It was another down week for Barkley, who hasn't been himself since returning from a high-ankle sprain. Saquon did break off a 22-yard gallop late to salvage his afternoon (why the Giants were looking to establish the run down 12 with six minutes to go is beyond us), but was mostly held in check by the Bears, who limited the reigning Rookie of the Year to just 31 yards on 12 carries in the first half (2.6 yards per attempt). Usually an adept pass-catcher, Barkley killed a Giants first-quarter drive with an ugly drop on third-and-three. Clearly hobbled, Barkley has limped to an anemic 2.0 yards per carry over his last three outings. We'll see if Barkley can turns things around next week against Green Bay.

He is in the worst situation possible.  Coach is terrible, QB is terrible,  play calling terrible.  Everyone that said eli manning was bad last year, here you go giants fans. What a disaster 
Blame them all you want the biggest reason for his poor performance is he lacks any explosiveness mostly due to the injury. 

What would you consider his starting value going forward?

Play Ekeler?  Is he even a flex play?  Looks like the opposing D knows that they just need to stop him and they will win.  When the Giants do score it looks lucky at best with Barkley just not a factor.  Not that I’m watching close 

What would you consider his starting value going forward?

Play Ekeler?  Is he even a flex play?  Looks like the opposing D knows that they just need to stop him and they will win.  When the Giants do score it looks lucky at best with Barkley just not a factor.  Not that I’m watching close 
I would absolutely play Ekeler over Barkley at this point, no question. 

I never would have imagined at the beginning of this year that my dynasty team has to be imploded & start from scratch. Barkley garbage,  davante garbage, juju garbage,  goff (already knew he was garbage), kupp going in the tank because of a horrible qb. Oof

Praying I get a playoff bye. It's a miracle I'm even in this position understanding Barkley's performance.

In week's 15 and 16, the NYG get MIA and @WASH respectively. He'll perform there.

And for those owners who haven't done so already, there is a great need to grab Gallman to lock up that production those two weeks in the case where Barkley is indeed shut down.

tackle for loss said:
Things move quickly in the NFL - next year the Giants will probably have a new coaching staff and Jones will be a bit more seasoned and probably not take off running every time he sees pressure. He'll learn to dump it off to a guy like Barkley and watch him gain yards.

Also Barkley rushed back from a high ankle sprain and that has sapped some/most of his explosiveness. He hasn't looked the same since he's come back.

Anyone writing off his dynasty value is being shortsighted. This is the same guy that looked like a beast last season and early this season - situations can change for the better and for the worse, it's hard to imagine Barkley being in a worse situation next season. 

Definitely in the running for one of the Busts of the Year now.

Otis said:
Hold David Johnson’s beer. 

DJ has more points than Barkley, and he missed games too. 
From week 13 forward is all that matters now. I prefer Barkley by a long shot over DJ. I mean anything can happen between these two first round re-drafters. One or both or neither could end up kicking it in if they recover from nagging injuries?

Just to be safe I'm going to add Gallman back to my bench in lieu of a second D/ST. Gonna roll with BAL D hosting SF in a very anticipated game of the week. Thought about going one more week with a second D with CAR, PHI, NYJ, GB all available. BAL D probably going to be a top 10 D this week rankings wise. Yet, I gotta go with Gallman as the Giants match ups coming down the stretch are attractive. There's always the possibility that Giants brass save their star from wear n' tear down the stretch.

Haven’t been here in a while. Are people still arguing Barkley better than Henry? 
I cant imagine why anyone would say that. I will not be starting Barkley anymore.  Danny dummy, I mean dimes never throws it to him. And he certainly isn't getting any meaningful rushing yards. Done 

Saquon Barkley rushed 19 times for 83 yards in the Giants' Week 13 loss to the Packers, adding three receptions for 32 additional yards.

Barkley showed off some juice on his 27-yard reception with the Giants in comeback mode during the fourth quarter. He also flashed some of his patented tackle-breaking ability on a nifty 16-yard run over left end that left multiple defenders grasping for air. Still, Barkley hasn’t found the end zone since Week 8, as the Giants continue to function as a below-average offense more weeks than not. The production hasn’t been there recently, but continue to treat Barkley as a RB1 ahead of next week’s tough matchup in Philadelphia.

Well, my guess is, many who owned this pile of rubbish this year did not make the playoffs.

But on the slim chance that those who owned him did, are you playing him this week and if not, who you benching him for?

I'm rolling Miles Sanders over him if it appears Howard is out again. 

I should be starting James White vs KC over him this week but likely can’t make myself do it.  

If Barkley and Kamara would just progress into their mean from here on out.

Little bit more confidence in Alvin over Saquon. 

Danny Dimes outta drop a few passes off to Saquon in space please.

Danny in a boot, if Eli plays, he will drop 10 to barkley and throw to him more no doubt. Eli wants to look good if he plays and he knows saquan can do that. He isnt an arrogant rook trying to make something happen where its impossible.

Danny in a boot, if Eli plays, he will drop 10 to barkley and throw to him more no doubt. Eli wants to look good if he plays and he knows saquan can do that. He isnt an arrogant rook trying to make something happen where its impossible.
WHAT, Eli may play? That was my logic / experts for missing short dump off passes in the first place. I follow this stuff everyday, first to hear that Dimes is in a boot. WOW!

Oooh.

I would just love to see Eli catch some lightning in a bottle here down the stretch. He sure as hell knows the PHI D...getting weapons back.

Maybe if they're competitive vs. the Eagles management decides to mothball D. Jones for the year and Eli, Barkley, and the rest of the offense roll through some easy matchups.

Oooh.

I would just love to see Eli catch some lightning in a bottle here down the stretch. He sure as hell knows the PHI D...getting weapons back.

Maybe if they're competitive vs. the Eagles management decides to mothball D. Jones for the year and Eli, Barkley, and the rest of the offense roll through some easy matchups.
Barkley rushed for 100 yards each time he has played the Eagles. He also caught 9 catches for 99 yards in one and 7 for 41 in another with 3 total TDs. 

If he bounces back this week in a big way, all will be forgotten from me. If he stinks it up he goes on that personal black list we all have. 

I only see snippets - but watching Barkely not get targeted well in the passing game is bAD.

Even a glance in Barkely's direction will move safety's and LB's  - especially if he has a clean release and is 1-1 with the LB.  Meanwhile Danny dime seems to stare downfield and throw bounce passes

Daniel Jones officially ruled out week 15.

Eli is in.

Does this actually give a bump up for Saquon??

I thinks so because when Eli was starting he threw a ton Barkley's way.

Well, my guess is, many who owned this pile of rubbish this year did not make the playoffs.

But on the slim chance that those who owned him did, are you playing him this week and if not, who you benching him for?

I'm rolling Miles Sanders over him if it appears Howard is out again. 
Starting with confidence. Thinking with Eli we’ll see more touches and better overall production. 

Eli is in.

Agreed.  This could be the change that was needed here. 

Eli is in.

Well, Barkley did have b2b 100 yard games to start the season like the player he should be with eli and as always with a rookie scrub QB, yes thats what this Jones kid is, he starts his decline. Barkley isnt even blaming his injury, so I wont. Especially after seeing how bad this Jones kid was. 

Rookie or not, he should know better for his own survival the best thing for him to do was put it in Saquan hands often, instead he threw at WRs ankles 20 yards down the field. Thats a low IQ QB and nothing anyone will say will convince me that this Jones kid is gonna be good. He just doesnt have it mentally, Eli isnt that much better anymore, but for Barkleys sake. He knows to just dump it to him instead of trying to throw to some dude named slayton. 

Well, Barkley did have b2b 100 yard games to start the season like the player he should be with eli and as always with a rookie scrub QB, yes thats what this Jones kid is, he starts his decline. Barkley isnt even blaming his injury, so I wont. Especially after seeing how bad this Jones kid was. 

Rookie or not, he should know better for his own survival the best thing for him to do was put it in Saquan hands often, instead he threw at WRs ankles 20 yards down the field. Thats a low IQ QB and nothing anyone will say will convince me that this Jones kid is gonna be good. He just doesnt have it mentally, Eli isnt that much better anymore, but for Barkleys sake. He knows to just dump it to him instead of trying to throw to some dude named slayton. 
I'm not seeing this "throw at WR ankles 20 yards down field" take.    Granted this article is from November but he's been pretty accurate with this throws, that is when he isn't fumbling.

"Per Sports Info Solutions, there have been 25 quarterbacks who have thrown at least 20 passes that have traveled at least 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Of those quarterbacks, no one has thrown on-target (a pass considered catchable) more than Jones at 67.9%. But, no quarterback has completed fewer of his deep attempts than Jones at just 21.4%."

Are Barkley owners cuffing Gallman? 

I have not to date and figure if the fantasy gods want to be super cruel and mess with us just prior to the best matchups of the season in week 15 (MIA) and 16 (@WASH) well...the hell with it, it's probably not my year and not meant to be. 

If he can perform the next two weeks all of this year's underperformance will not matter.

Are Barkley owners cuffing Gallman? 

I have not to date and figure if the fantasy gods want to be super cruel and mess with us just prior to the best matchups of the season in week 15 (MIA) and 16 (@WASH) well...the hell with it, it's probably not my year and not meant to be. 

If he can perform the next two weeks all of this year's underperformance will not matter.
Buck Allen got one carry against GB and Penny got two.  I don't know if Gallman is the clear cut backup anymore.  

I'm waiting on Guice's MRI so if it's bad I'll be dropping him for some NYG RB before MNF.

I need a decent game from him tonight to win my playoff matchup

His splits have been better with Eli.  Most of those were with ODB and not post high ankle sprain, but hopefully Eli checks down to him a bunch this game.

Fantasy wise had two great games against PHI last year, but both were aided by two long TDs - not sure if that is sustainable

Perhaps playing against Miles Sanders will give him a spark

He's definitely due for some TDs 

I need a decent game from him tonight to win my playoff matchup

His splits have been better with Eli.  Most of those were with ODB and not post high ankle sprain, but hopefully Eli checks down to him a bunch this game.

Fantasy wise had two great games against PHI last year, but both were aided by two long TDs - not sure if that is sustainable

Perhaps playing against Miles Sanders will give him a spark

He's definitely due for some TDs 
I hate this saying more than anything.

No, he isnt. No player is due anything.

Players dont get TDs cuz they are due. Now he may get some TDs, but he was "due" a long time ago. Technically. He is "due" every game. But the fact is, being due means nothing. 

Users who are viewing this thread