Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 40 (Winners at War): Starts Wednesday Feb. 12, 2020

Posted (edited)

I'm sure it wasn't that easy to figure out the timing of it.

Obviously you have a general idea of how long it takes you to make a run (although it presumably took longer as they got tired) and what time it is (based on sun position) but you don't REALLY know how much wiggle room you have to get done on time.

Combine that with their general condition and the fear of not finishing and it's not a shock that they rushed to finish rather than pacing themselves.

I would be very curious to see how long each run took. Is it 10 minutes up and back  or is it 30?

Edited by TLEF316

Yea Sandra doing a celly every time she gets to sit out is so annoying.   Looks like everyone is letting her play the same game she has won with previously.  She isn’t even on anyone’s radar, at least rob gets a mention here and there about getting the boot.  ugh 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozzy84 said:

Yea Sandra doing a celly every time she gets to sit out is so annoying.   Looks like everyone is letting her play the same game she has won with previously.  She isn’t even on anyone’s radar, at least rob gets a mention here and there about getting the boot.  ugh 

She ruining the season for me.  Supposed to a winners, best of the best season and she just coasts as usual.  Said it before and I'll say it again, both of her wins were a travesty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, snogger said:

That challenge at the island was one of the worst Survivor has ever devised.
Hey I know, let's make people who have barely had anything to eat walk up a treacuous hillside 20 Times for a Token.. Nothing possibly bad could happen.. could it :oldunsure: 
They are very lucky Ethan, or someone else, didn't collapse on those stairs from exhaustion and fall to their death. 

And it is quite obvious now people are looking at Sandra with the  "She doesn't do challenges, so don't need to worry about her winning immunity so can take her out later" eyes..  🐑

There's gotta be some rough cost/benefit analysis going on before attempting that sort of challenge. If I'm taking in 500 calories a day (just my rough guess), I'm not sure I wouldn't quit after 3-5 trips up&down that mountain. But that group seemed to have been through more hardship in life than I have so maybe they're able to push through the pain better than me.
I didn't know Natalie was a crossfiter, that makes more sense why she's so good at the physical stuff.

• Like 1

Sophie as a blond looks like Kurt Cobain and Billie Eilish's son. Yet still oddly attractive. :wub: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rick6668 said:

She ruining the season for me.  Supposed to a winners, best of the best season and she just coasts as usual.  Said it before and I'll say it again, both of her wins were a travesty.

I'm of the opinion that she's a genius. It's the same strategy every single time yet it works. Don't hate Sandra, hate her competition who aren't forcing her to change her game. :shrug: 

1 hour ago, EYLive said:

Sophie as a blond looks like Kurt Cobain and Billie Eilish's son. Yet still oddly attractive. :wub: 

Sigh, I miss that kooky thread for some reason.  It was highly entertaining.

2 hours ago, EYLive said:

I'm of the opinion that she's a genius. It's the same strategy every single time yet it works. Don't hate Sandra, hate her competition who aren't forcing her to change her game. :shrug: 

Tony and Sarah are not smart. They wanted to keep a shield and then they just went with Sandra and voted Tyson. With Sandra and the 4 not connected people, who do they think are the next two to go? I know there’s a tribe swap from the previews but at that point right there. Sandra’s not sticking with them at 4-4. She does whatever it takes to stay alive. She’ll flop to the 4, not stick with the 3. It’s amazing how little people pay attention. Tyson was the same as Adam. Don’t go to Yul and Wendell if you think that the non-connected people are gunning for you. He was doing a good job of convincing everyone except Sandra and only needed 5 votes. Don’t try to get 8.

Great season continues. Need some people to doing some diabolical stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The General said:

Great season continues. Need some people to doing some diabolical stuff. 

It has been fun. Some really bad moves, makes you feel like it’s not a group of all winners. That probably makes it better.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It has been fun. Some really bad moves, makes you feel like it’s not a group of all winners. That probably makes it better.

Agreed 

Tyson's, "Wow, you guys have so much firewood!" was a great show ending. 

• Like 7
  • Laughing 4

Take a seat on the "Sandra bench."  That should be the name of the sideline bench for the duration of the series.  

Didn't they used to say you can't sit out a challenge two times in a row?  Seems unfair to the other tribe having a weak challenge player sit out all the time.  Everyone should participate.

It was pretty cool to see the other women do the last hike with Ethan.  

Colossal meltdown on the puzzle challenge. 

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Take a seat on the "Sandra bench."  That should be the name of the sideline bench for the duration of the series.  

Didn't they used to say you can't sit out a challenge two times in a row?  Seems unfair to the other tribe having a weak challenge player sit out all the time.  Everyone should participate.

It was pretty cool to see the other women do the last hike with Ethan.  

Colossal meltdown on the puzzle challenge. 

We mentioned that above.. Due to the fact the Reward and the Immunity challenges have been one, the old "Can't sit out two in a row" is a non-factor.
Hopefully they will return to splitting the two out and we can all :lol: at Sandra trying to compete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Didn't they used to say you can't sit out a challenge two times in a row? 

... They mean 'in the same episode'. 

It resets after a tribal council. 

• Thanks 1

Season 41 delayed over coronavirus concerns.

“Due to concerns and uncertainty surrounding the spread of COVID-19 globally, CBS and the producers of Survivor have taken the precautionary measure to delay production on the 41st season, which was set to begin filming later this month in Fiji,” a CBS spokesperson said. “Pending worldwide events, the plan is to return to production on May 19th.  The health and safety of the castaways and production members is our top priority.”

“Though Fiji has no reported cases and is beautifully remote, our crew numbers over 400 and are flying in from over 20 different countries, creating a need for more time to fully analyze and create our new production safety plan,” he wrote.

The postponement comes less than two weeks before filming was slated to begin March 24. It also follows CBS’ recent decision to suspend production on the globetrotting reality competition The Amazing Race three episodes in, also over concerns related to the coronavirus health crisis.

“Our intention is to still to shoot both seasons 41 and 42,” Probst said in his email. If Survivor 41 start production on May 19 as now planned, it would still make it for a September premiere, I hear.

• Like 1

Some Pacific Island nations are not messing around. They don't have the capacity to deal with even a possible outbreak. Last thing they need is 400 gringos overrunning their hospitals and getting their secluded citizens sick thousands of miles away from help.

You HAVE to play the steal vote idol if you are Sarah.. Right?? Makes zero sense to keep it for a "might need it later" when you absolutely can take control by ousting Rob.. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice blindside :thumbup:.. Had to be editing done to not show us Sarah and Sophie getting Adam and Ben on board.. Only explanation for neither advantage being played

Edited by snogger
  • Like 2

DVR cut off did Rob distribute his tokens? Anything interesting in next week scenes? 

2 minutes ago, Kraft... said:

DVR cut off did Rob distribute his tokens? Anything interesting in next week scenes? 

Gave his tokens to Parvati

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snogger said:

Nice blindside :thumbup:.. Had to be editing done to not show us Sarah and Sophie getting Adam and Ben on board.. Only explanation for neither advantage being played

oh so sarah didnt play the extra vote?  It was unclear to me. 

Halfway through the episode I knew Rob was gone when they edited it to make it look like he was gaining some control back.

About time they vote home off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snogger said:

You HAVE to play the steal vote idol if you are Sarah.. Right?? Makes zero sense to keep it for a "might need it later" when you absolutely can take control by ousting Rob.. :popcorn:

Sarah must have been super confident that the vote was going Rob's way to not use her steal a vote.  I still think it was crazy not to use it.  She steals the vote and it's pretty much a guarantee they can send Rob home.  I don't think I would have taken a risk.

Amazing that they went along with Rob and just sat in camp all day.  Ben and Adam must have discussed it and decided it was best to let Rob think they were in on his plan and then just vote him out.

So glad he is now on extinction.  Just need Sandra next and then Natalie can win her way back in and the rest can be gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kraft... said:

Only one of the 3 tribes wins immunity, the other 2 both go to tribal.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Halfway through the episode I knew Rob was gone when they edited it to make it look like he was gaining some control back.

Yeah it was pretty obvious early in the episode that not only would that tribe lose but Rob would go. 
I think the majority of the 14 left may have some type of advantage at this point. 

9 hours ago, rick6668 said:

Amazing that they went along with Rob and just sat in camp all day.  Ben and Adam must have discussed it and decided it was best to let Rob think they were in on his plan and then just vote him out.

So glad he is now on extinction.  Just need Sandra next and then Natalie can win her way back in and the rest can be gone.

I thought that was the case too.  It was edited out but it seems they did talk to Sophie/Sarah at least long enough to confirm they're voting Rob.  Or gave them a thumbs up hand gesture when Rob closed his eyes/nap.  

To just sit there like punished kids all day seems extremely unlikely.  At first I thought "why is everyone so afraid of that guy?"  Why not just tell him, look Rob, we like you and all but it's time to get your thumb off us.  Isn't personal, just business... we're sending you to EoE.  If anyone would appreciate a move like that, it would be Rob.

They may have got it out in the open at TC and was edited out.  

10 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

oh so sarah didnt play the extra vote?  It was unclear to me. 

She didn't.  Sophie didn't either, which probably means they knew one or both of the other guys were voting out Rob.  

• Like 1

If Nat does come back she is going to have a lot of information re the advantages she sold. It will be interesting to see how that plays out if she does make it back in. 

• Like 1

Rob acting like he's never watched the show before when he's looking for an idol was so dumb.   Glad he is gone.

• Like 1

I hope Nat is the one that re-enters the game.  She's a beast (in a good way).

• Like 4

Have a feeling more than one player will be allowed to come back from EoE somehow....

13 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Hope the other tribe is paying attention and vote Sandra off, pretty please!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Have a feeling more than one player will be allowed to come back from EoE somehow....

Was there something on the EoE fire token menu re buying your way back into the game? 

1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I think there will be 2 just like it was in the first season where they used EoE. One around the merge and one at 5 or 6.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yak651 said:
14 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Hope the other tribe is paying attention and vote Sandra off, pretty please!

Can't wait to see the reaction when Jeff says "Rob was voted out" ..
:popcorn:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2020 at 5:57 PM, Big League Chew said:

I was searching survivor on demand and accidentally put on the Australian one. Wow that Jeff probst clone is terrrrrible

Jonathan? I disagree. The New Zealand host, on the other hand, is a snarky weasel that tries too hard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EYLive said:

Jonathan? I disagree. The New Zealand host, on the other hand, is a snarky weasel that tries too hard.

Yea I like Jonathan too. He seems to have a good rapport with the Aussie players kind of the same way Jeff does. I have been watching both current seasons and have to say Aussie version is winning hands down.

1 minute ago, rustycolts said:

Yea I like Jonathan too. He seems to have a good rapport with the Aussie players kind of the same way Jeff does. I have been watching both current seasons and have to say Aussie version is winning hands down.

Ditto i like the Aussie host.  Not caught up yet but almost and this season is great as always.  

I would be fine with the Aussie host replacing Probst someday. He already has the connection to CBS through his brother. He's a natural fit.

29 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

I would be fine with the Aussie host replacing Probst someday. He already has the connection to CBS through his brother. He's a natural fit.

Based on last couple of seasons, I’m guessing jamal shipman. Show has been leaning that direction for some time. 

Definitely felt like Rob was going based on the heavy handed editing to make it look like the season Rob won, especially when neither one played their advantage.

That said, Ben and Adam pretty much screwed themselves. I’ve never understood being happy with getting yourselves into a tie knowing you have 0 advantages. Hate Rob all you want, get rid of one of them by telling them to vote Rob and make sure they know you are on board. Then next vote you split your vote (tell Rob you’re voting with him on Sarah and one of you votes Rob). If she’s got the idol Rob still goes home and then you have a 2-1 with no advantages. Ben and Adam are high fiving but they have no clue they are dead men walking unless saved by a merge.

Still love this season and I do think someone above may be right about more than one coming back from extinction. What if you can get enough tokens to buy back a person from there?

On 3/12/2020 at 1:53 PM, Mr. Mojo said:

I can't wait to see Rob say "Hi Ambuh" on EoE! 

Considering how little footage there was of EoE this past episode (none?), they'll probably go heavy there again this week. 

At least I hope so. If there's a chance they're all still in the game, I hope we see some of their conversations/strategy talk and not just token reward challenges.