What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (2 Viewers)

I'll be the optimist here. Detroit has missed Golladay's presence a ton when he's been out, and I'm expecting WR1 production from him this week. I'd have a hard time imagining a team having 2/3 WR's they should start over him. 

Carolina struggles with WR's with size since Bradbury left, Amendola looks iffy, and Hockenson looked pretty banged up last week. 
To be clear, if Golladay is on the field, he is in my line up.  

Kenny Golladay (hip) remained sidelined at Friday's practice.

It doesn't sound like Golladay will be ready to play Sunday and will miss his third straight game. It's been somewhat of a lost season for Golladay, who missed Weeks 1-2 with a hamstring strain.
Limited on Wednesday. DNP thursday and today. 💔

Last edited by a moderator:
Brutal.   My killer WR duo of Golladay and Ridley never really had a chance to kill as a duo.   Golladay is going to go though and exit the season just as he started it.  Shame on us for drafting an injured player.  
I hear you, Doc. 

Same duo for me, unfortunately.    

First time that I drafted Golladay... it'll be the last too. So soft... reminds me of Ryan Mathews. Talented guy, but just lacks that heart. Some guys just don't have that toughness and grit that the great ones all have.

Man, I targetted this guy EVERYWHERE this year.  Loved his value.  Pretty lucky I only got him in 1 league.

Man, I targetted this guy EVERYWHERE this year.  Loved his value.  Pretty lucky I only got him in 1 league.
Drafted him. Ended up trading him and CMC when they were hurt. Was regretting it most of the year but what I feared would happen did. Both came back a bit early and reinjured themselves. Still lost most of my games because I got Sanders, Ertz and Kelley back but I wasn't wrong about what I thought would happen. 

Kenny Golladay (hip) won't play in Week 11 against the Panthers.

Golladay is still eyeing a long-term absence as he has yet to practice since injuring his hip in Week 8. The issue for the Lions' offense is that D'Andre Swift (concussion) and Danny Amendola (hip) have also been ruled out for Sunday. With a short turnaround scheduled for Thanksgiving, it's possible Matthew Stafford (thumb) will be forced to throw to Marvin Jones, Marvin Hall and rookie Quintez Cephus for the next two games.

DFS Slant:

Marvin Jones and Marvin Hall now become names to watch for DFS purposes. Jones has scored four TDs in the past three games, translating 10 targets to 8-96-1 last week. Hall is a cheap DFS filler who has gone for 100+ yards or a TD in two of the past three. Either of them could be utilized as value plays for their given salaries. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 20, 2020, 3:54 PM ET

Drafted him. Ended up trading him and CMC when they were hurt. Was regretting it most of the year but what I feared would happen did. Both came back a bit early and reinjured themselves. Still lost most of my games because I got Sanders, Ertz and Kelley back but I wasn't wrong about what I thought would happen. 
CMC didn't come back early, and he had an entirely different injury that was 100% unrelated to the other one. 

CMC didn't come back early, and he had an entirely different injury that was 100% unrelated to the other one. 
Once injured, players tend to favor the injured spot leading to injury elsewhere. Or it could just be coincidence. Both guys though I feared would get injured again and both did. 

Kenny Golladay (hip) was held out of Tuesday's practice after getting in a "limited" session on Monday. 

It means that, barring a miracle, Golladay will miss his fourth straight game when the Lions host the Texans on Thanksgiving. Golladay's loss has crippled the Lions' offense, making Matthew Stafford impossible to trust as a QB1 streamer for plus matchup's like Thursday's. 

Nov 24, 2020, 5:04 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hip) is out for Week 12 against the Texans.

Danny Amendola (hip) is also out for the second straight week. Golladay hasn't played since Week 8 and also missed Weeks 1-2 of the season. It's been a lost contract year for the star wideout. Fresh off being shut out in Carolina, the Lions will face the Texans with another sorry group of receivers.

Nov 25, 2020, 3:47 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hip) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice. 

It's not a good sign for his chances of returning Sunday. Golladay was an early rule out in Week 12 and looks likely to miss his fifth straight game. The Lions are hoping to get back  D'Andre Swift (concussion) and Danny Amendola (hip) this week.

Dec 2, 2020, 11:22 AM ET

Not even a limited practice like he had last week.  This must be some hip injury - wish there was more clarity regarding the nature of the injury.  Thought he had a chance to return this week after practicing, albeit in a limited fashion, last week.  This sux.   

Not even a limited practice like he had last week.  This must be some hip injury - wish there was more clarity regarding the nature of the injury.  Thought he had a chance to return this week after practicing, albeit in a limited fashion, last week.  This sux.   
Its possible/likely he had a setback 2 weeks ago. That said, he's basically a must-start whenever he plays, so he's still worth holding.

In redraft, is it time to drop?   Not sure there is someone on the WW that I would add and start anyway.   Others, like me may have to win this week to make playoffs.  For example, I have Parker and Sterling but their QB situations are unpleasant.   Maybe Jones from Detroit? Keke?   This hobby is annoying.  

In redraft, is it time to drop?   Not sure there is someone on the WW that I would add and start anyway.   Others, like me may have to win this week to make playoffs.  For example, I have Parker and Sterling but their QB situations are unpleasant.   Maybe Jones from Detroit? Keke?   This hobby is annoying.  
If you have to win this week to extend your season then you should drop him if you have a player you are putting in your starting lineup and don't have any other drop options.  Jones and Hall have been ok for Detroit and they are talking about increasing the pace on offense which will only help the entire offense.  Keke is an interesting lotto ticket so that would kind of depend on if you are a big underdog or the favorite.  I think his floor is really low but his ceiling should be pretty high.  

What are offensive tendencies of the interim coach/coordinator? 
They are talking about picking up the pace on offense.  Patricia wanted to slow things down so that may be a benefit to all of the offensive guys moving forward.  They have a lot of skill on that side of the ball.  They should put up a lot of points and yards.  

They are talking about picking up the pace on offense.  Patricia wanted to slow things down so that may be a benefit to all of the offensive guys moving forward.  They have a lot of skill on that side of the ball.  They should put up a lot of points and yards.  
Probably because Patricia didn't want to expose his weak #$% defense. Back to Matt winning shootouts. 

Status updated from Out to Questionable. There is hope still.
Mans got 5 weeks until he make that money. He’s walking, right? Gotta be looking at 4-yr, $80M floor. Somebody will pony up and I doubt he wants to stick around for another rebuild.

It’s hard to figure out what that means fantasy wise. Consensus (which doesn’t often play out IRL) is a contract year guy is going to go hard to max out his market price. But what does Kenny G have to prove at this point? IDK, he’s a competitive guy but st some level he’s gotta be thinking about protecting himself, his body is his greatest asset.

Great playoff schedule, wish I would have traded for him. His manager in our league has gone from #1 (7-1) to #3 (7-5) over the last month. I gotta push for a later trade deadline for next season lol.

Just dropped in my PPR redraft league. 
I can't imagine having the roster where there isn't somebody better to drop. Unless there are only 3 or fewer bench spots, and they have Bucs/Panthers on bye, it is likely a poor decision.

I can't imagine having the roster where there isn't somebody better to drop. Unless there are only 3 or fewer bench spots, and they have Bucs/Panthers on bye, it is likely a poor decision.
Agree I think it was a poor decision to drop.

I plan to make a respectable bid to pick him up and drop Antonio Brown but I need a decent RB much more than him. 

Agree I think it was a poor decision to drop.

I plan to make a respectable bid to pick him up and drop Antonio Brown but I need a decent RB much more than him. 
Not sure I'd really want to dump Brown either. Though I would prefer Golladay to him.

Not sure I'd really want to dump Brown either. Though I would prefer Golladay to him.
All 3 of the Bucs WRs are relevant in good days

Unfortunately Tom looks pretty average of late, and can’t throw a deep ball

This time of year you don’t want to be the one giving somebody in a jam a free out

Last weekend somebody dropped Lev Bell Sunday morning bc of the COVID nonsense. I get it, he’s worthless ATM. But if CEH turns an ankle then somebody is gonna get a league winner for free.

Irks me. This is a newbie I let in unvetted right before the draft (friend of another manager.) He’s not getting an invite back next year.

Mans got 5 weeks until he make that money. He’s walking, right? Gotta be looking at 4-yr, $80M floor. Somebody will pony up and I doubt he wants to stick around for another rebuild.

It’s hard to figure out what that means fantasy wise. Consensus (which doesn’t often play out IRL) is a contract year guy is going to go hard to max out his market price. But what does Kenny G have to prove at this point? IDK, he’s a competitive guy but st some level he’s gotta be thinking about protecting himself, his body is his greatest asset.

Great playoff schedule, wish I would have traded for him. His manager in our league has gone from #1 (7-1) to #3 (7-5) over the last month. I gotta push for a later trade deadline for next season lol.
I gambled and traded DJ Moore for him two weeks ago, right before Moore's return to fantasy relevancy.

Hoping Golladay is healthy and playing by next week...

This time of year you don’t want to be the one giving somebody in a jam a free out

Last weekend somebody dropped Lev Bell Sunday morning bc of the COVID nonsense. I get it, he’s worthless ATM. But if CEH turns an ankle then somebody is gonna get a league winner for free.

Irks me. This is a newbie I let in unvetted right before the draft (friend of another manager.) He’s not getting an invite back next year.
This is really short-sighted. Why not let a bot manage the team if you're that way about it? You want to manage his roster for him? Get out of here with that nonsense. You're making somebody hold a freaking handcuff?

That's a terrible decision. I'd want no part of your league if that's the way you run it. Pisses me off just reading it. 

I gambled and traded DJ Moore for him two weeks ago, right before Moore's return to fantasy relevancy.

Hoping Golladay is healthy and playing by next week...
I traded H Henry (also have Hock) and Buttkicker a month ago for Mostert, stashed him on IR. Gives me a solid Flex for the postseason but ngl I second guessed myself a few times.

The other dude cut the K and only starts Henry based on matchups. We’re playing this week in a meaningless finale; if I win I will have avenged every early season loss (back when CantGuardMike-Julio-Godwin all missed time.)

Kenny G is a special talent, if he lands in the right spot next year he could easily be a top 3-5 WR for years.

This is really short-sighted. Why not let a bot manage the team if you're that way about it? You want to manage his roster for him? Get out of here with that nonsense. You're making somebody hold a freaking handcuff?

That's a terrible decision. I'd want no part of your league if that's the way you run it. Pisses me off just reading it. 
Cool, I wasn’t planning on sending you an invite but glad I was able to help you identify a trigger.

It’s a 26-year league of fraternity brothers. I didn’t arrive at my conclusion alone, but appreciate the input.

ETA: @rockaction - you actually made a great point, and my default as Commish is hands off, we’re all adults and RL gets in the way sometimes. The broader story is the guy is not a great fit. I got a couple texts from LT members who didn’t think that the drop was very savvy and we take pride in having a competitive league. For further context, dude chose Bell over Ahmed, Ballage, Breida, Wilkins - 4 timeshare guys with no path to bell cow status unless two guys get hurt. But, you’re still correct - that one drop alone isn’t enough to withhold an invite next year. There were other factors, it’s not worth getting into here.

Cool, I wasn’t planning on sending you an invite but glad I was able to help you identify a trigger.

It’s a 26-year league of fraternity brothers. I didn’t arrive at my conclusion alone, but appreciate the input.

ETA: @rockaction - you actually made a great point, and my default as Commish is hands off, we’re all adults and RL gets in the way sometimes. The broader story is the guy is not a great fit. I got a couple texts from LT members who didn’t think that the drop was very savvy and we take pride in having a competitive league. For further context, dude chose Bell over Ahmed, Ballage, Breida, Wilkins - 4 timeshare guys with no path to bell cow status unless two guys get hurt. But, you’re still correct - that one drop alone isn’t enough to withhold an invite next year. There were other factors, it’s not worth getting into here.
Ah, okay. You know what? I re-read my post. Sorry to come so heavy-handed. That was indeed triggerish on my end. I sometimes stick up for guys that make poor moves because sometimes everything is relative, roster-wise. The way I learned ten-fifteen years ago? I'd have been out of so many leagues. I'm going through growing pains in IDP dynasty right now, too. I'm symapthetic, I guess, to newcomers, but if there's other things and it's that kind of long-standing league, then I can see it.

Carry on and my apologies.

I actually see no issue with cutting Bell. He's the #2 RB, and is unlikely a league winner even if CEH goes down. He'd likely just split work with Williams instead. Maybe he's a solid RB2, but that's true of a ton of guys if the guy ahead of them went down.

I actually see no issue with cutting Bell. He's the #2 RB, and is unlikely a league winner even if CEH goes down. He'd likely just split work with Williams instead. Maybe he's a solid RB2, but that's true of a ton of guys if the guy ahead of them went down.
I still apologize for tone and heavy-handedness but also agree with the substantive part of this argument.

Yep, agreed @travdogg - if it’s debatable then hands off is the best option.

But I think guys are using it as an excuse to get me to agree to not invite him back. They’ve got a valid point without bringing up team mgt competency, though.

We’re on a rabbit trail here and I apologize to people looking for Kenny G info.

I traded H Henry (also have Hock) and Buttkicker a month ago for Mostert, stashed him on IR. Gives me a solid Flex for the postseason but ngl I second guessed myself a few times.

The other dude cut the K and only starts Henry based on matchups. We’re playing this week in a meaningless finale; if I win I will have avenged every early season loss (back when CantGuardMike-Julio-Godwin all missed time.)

Kenny G is a special talent, if he lands in the right spot next year he could easily be a top 3-5 WR for years.
Unfortunately this is league is redraft/no keepers plus we don't have IR spots.

I assumed Golladay would be back by now, so my gamble won't pay off unless he is playing by next week.

Sounds like this "newbie" might be better at evaluating player talent than you are.   CEH isn't much more than a desperation start at this point, even if he goes down I wouldn't expect much out of Bell.  

As for Golladay, I have been holding him all year hoping he gets healthy but can understand owners giving up on him at this point, especially in a shorter bench league.  I'll have trouble starting him until I see he is actually healthy and by then the season might be over. 

I assumed Golladay would be back by now, so my gamble won't pay off unless he is playing by next week.
It’s a fair move.  He hasn’t been on the field in a month and isn’t practicing.   I almost dropped him this week but didn’t see a shiny penny worth grabbing.  

It’s not looking promising at the moment. He was working on the side with a trainer yesterday but never came out of the facility today (DNP.) Bur if he plays I would treat him like Julio (if he’s playing you’re starting him.)

Interesting if irrelevant factoid: The Lions are just 1-5 when Kenny G doesn’t play, and 1-6 when he doesn’t play four quarters. (They’re 3-1 when Golladay does play four quarters.)

Golladay is basically a must start whenever he's playing. He has 100 yards or a TD in every game he's played, and the offense will likely be better with Patricia gone. 

I can't imagine a team not having someone better to cut. Golladay is a top-15 WR regardless of matchup when active, there is nobody like that on waivers.

Users who are viewing this thread