What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (3 Viewers)

I doubt this, but I guess it depends on how you define “best“.
Based on last season before Staff was injured, and now going into this season, I'm betting they pick up where they left off.....veteran QB, with Kenny a physically dominant receiver who is just coming into his prime.....and they chuck it all over the place.  

In ppr there might a few guy who eclipse him based on volume, but I don't play that style.....I play more TD dominant leagues......and the one league I really like him in a lot, is a distance TD league.

Staff to Golladay is going to be the best combo in the NFL this season.  
I agree they are going to light it up this year. I just traded for both in my dynasty league, and I am all over Golladay in my redraft leagues.

It just really feels like he makes a big leap this year and becomes a top 5 WR - for fantasy and the NFL

Golladay is one of those guys that gets so overrated that he ends up underrated.  Still young, his success is being over valued for the speculation so I’ll snatch him up again and again 

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Danny Amendola was also limited Wednesday with a hamstring issue of his own. Golladay didn't miss any action in camp this summer that we know of, so we're not too worried about this. Coach Matt Patricia is a Patriots disciple, and New England seemed to always have a laundry list of players "limited" throughout the week. Golladay is a top-12 fantasy wideout against the Bears.

SOURCE: Michael Rothstein on Twitter

Sep 9, 2020, 4:08 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) was held out of individual drills on Thursday. 

Uh oh. Coach Matt Patricia also revealed that Golladay suffered the injury in Wednesday's practice. Even if Golladay manages to earn a "limited" tag on Thursday, his Week 1 status is now very much in doubt. Golladay's absence against the Bears would boost both Danny Amendola and T.J. Hockenson behind fill-in No. 1 receiver Marvin Jones.
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1304113733648687105

Lions coach Matt Patricia said the team is trying to be "careful" with Kenny Golladay after he tweaked his hamstring in Wednesday's practice.

It appears Golladay will earn a "limited" tag on Thursday, but this is still a highly concerning situation. The key will be Friday, where another limited session would tentatively have Golladay on track to suit up against the Bears. Golladay's status should be updated again on Thursday. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Sep 10, 2020, 2:52 PM ET

I'm not as high as others on Godwin either, but I bet I could then flip godwin for a lesser WR & maybe a starting RB in a 2 for 1?
I hate making trades with a plan to make another trade.  It never works out the way I thought it would.  Unless I have a specific trade already agreed to I wouldn't do that with the plan to flip him. 

This sucks for both Golladay and Stafford GMs. (I roster Stafford in one league as my starter.) Quintez Cephus seen in three-wide, you think? 

This sucks for both Golladay and Stafford GMs. (I roster Stafford in one league as my starter.) Quintez Cephus seen in three-wide, you think? 
I just picked up Cephus as a Golladay owner.  He has had a great camp and I think he will be used a lot if Golladay is out.  Amendola is also dinged up so even if Golladay is in the lineup Cephus may be in the slot taking Amendola's snaps. 

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) is inactive for Week 1 against Chicago.

This was fully expected with Golladay listed doubtful. Marvin Hall is expected to replace Golladay outside, with Danny Amendola picking up a few more targets. The Lions are hoping Golladay only misses one game.

Sep 13, 2020, 11:31 AM ET

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) didn't practice Wednesday.

He was in a helmet but stayed off to the side as a spectator. Golladay didn't practice last week before missing the Week 1 loss to the Bears. He should be closer this week, but we won't have a good idea of his status until later in the week.

SOURCE: Kyle Meinke on Twitter

Sep 16, 2020, 1:58 PM ET

unless teams are stupid or dont value rosters spots (the latter for sure isnt true) they have the 3 week IR available to them and this year they can activate as many players as the want off IR. so it must not be THAT bad or else they would have put him on there. tha tbeing said, he hasnt practiced at all since the injury happened, so the DNP yesterday isnt great. if he's DNP again today i think you can close the door on starting him this week.

From CBS Sportsline: 

Head coach Matt Patricia said Golladay (hamstring) won't participate in Thursday's practice, Tim Twentyman of the Lions' official site reports.

With no practice reps under his belt since Sept. 9, Golladay currently looks to be trending toward his second straight inactive status in the Lions' Week 2 game Sunday at Green Bay. In order for his outlook to improve, Golladay would likely need to put in a limited showing in Friday's practice, but even that might not be enough for the Lions to sign off on him playing this weekend. If Golladay does end up sitting out against the Packers, Quintez Cephus would likely be in store for another regular role in three-wide formations alongside Danny Amendola and Marvin Jones.

unless teams are stupid or dont value rosters spots (the latter for sure isnt true) they have the 3 week IR available to them and this year they can activate as many players as the want off IR. so it must not be THAT bad or else they would have put him on there. tha tbeing said, he hasnt practiced at all since the injury happened, so the DNP yesterday isnt great. if he's DNP again today i think you can close the door on starting him this week.
Patricia seems pretty dumb

It must be a rough existence being a Lions fan...

Man, drafting 1.03 I was targeting this  dude all off-season. Floated several trade offers for him in dynasty as well. Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make I guess. 

I am also surprised Patricia isn't using the 3-week IR. It's a free parking spot!  Lions gonna Lion I guess. :shrug:  

It must be a rough existence being a Lions fan...
I am not, but I did just do a little mental exercise putting together a starting O & D of Lions players the last ~6 years, and it seemed like there's been enough talent coming through DET that they should have been at the very least "competitive" on both sides of the ball. 

That speaks to GM/HC/OC/DC problems. Which collectively speaks to ownership problems. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that Lions coach Matt Patricia said WR Kenny Golladay is "really close."

Pelissero spoke with Patricia on Saturday after Golladay had been ruled out for Week 2 against the Packers. Golladay appears on track for a Week 3 return. Marvin Jones saw eight targets in Week 1 while rookie Quintez Cephus surprisingly led the Lions in targets with 10. Golladay's return will relegate Cephus to the bench and push Jones' target share down. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Sep 20, 2020, 9:42 AM ET

I wonder if he will be 100% when he returns
Looking up higher on this thread, at Faust's first Sept 9th post, it looked at the time like this Golladay hamstring injury wasn't all that serious. Yet through today, it's cost him two regular-season games.

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

It's progress for the Lions' No. 1 wideout, who is aiming to make his season debut this week against the Cardinals. Another limited session Thursday and possibly a "full" one Friday would put Golladay in good shape for Sunday.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) was limited in practice Wednesday.

Golladay is trending towards making his season debut, and it couldn't come at a better time for all involved. The Lions offense is on the ropes but finds themselves in a get right spot while chasing points in a fast-paced contest against the Cardinals. Golladay should be treated as a high-ceiling WR2 in Week 3. He has top-10 receiver potential if his hamstring cooperates.

DFS Slant:

Consider Golladay ($7500 FD, $6200 DK, $21 Yahoo) a somewhat sneaky play against Arizona this week. He's the receiving weapon Matt Stafford needs, and despite ample evidence to the contrary, a lot of fantasy players like to wait a week before rostering a star coming back from injury. 

Sep 24, 2020, 4:53 PM ET

Kenny Golladay's strained hamstring is not 100%, but the Detroit Lions' No. 1 receiver is expected to make his season debut Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.

"God willing," Golladay said by video conference Friday. "I’m going to try everything in my power to be out there with the guys."

Golladay took part in his third straight practice Friday and ran a series of routes during individual drills while showing no sign of the injury that kept him out of action the last two weeks.
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/09/25/detroit-lions-kenny-golladay-hamstring-injury-fantasy/3534168001/

I think I gotta wait a week before rolling with Kenny. Peterson shut him down in 2018, and Golladay seems like the type of receiver PP still plays well against.
There's no guarantee Peterson will shadow him. Week 1 against San Fran he primarily played one side of the field. Week 2 against The Football Team he was on McLaurin most of the day and got burned pretty good. We don't know what approach the Cards will use this game but we do know the Cards will score a lot of points and Detroit will probably be throwing the ball all day. If he's out there playing, I'm starting him.

There's no guarantee Peterson will shadow him. Week 1 against San Fran he primarily played one side of the field. Week 2 against The Football Team he was on McLaurin most of the day and got burned pretty good. We don't know what approach the Cards will use this game but we do know the Cards will score a lot of points and Detroit will probably be throwing the ball all day. If he's out there playing, I'm starting him.
Not sure there was anybody worth shadowing in that SF game. I'd be shocked if he doesn't follow Golladay.

And Golladay and McL are very different receivers. McL seems like the type of receiver that's gonna give PP trouble these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not over-thinking this situation.   If Kenny Golladay is out there, I'm playing him.  

And as was stated previously,  I'm not certain that Patrick Peterson is a shut-down CB anymore.   Peterson got roasted by Terry McLaurin last week.   

Arizona is going to score a ton of points, and Stafford and company will be hoisting the ball a lot to keep pace or catch up.   Starting Golladay with Calvin Ridley and A.J. Green.   

Not sure there was anybody worth shadowing in that SF game. I'd be shocked if he doesn't follow Golladay.

And Golladay and McL are very different receivers. McL seems like the type of receiver that's gonna give PP trouble these days.
We'll agree to disagree and see what happens if he plays  :)

Currently have Kupp and McClaurin in over him in a TD heavy league (not that Kupp has been catching TDs this year)

May still slip Kenny in there today.

Users who are viewing this thread