What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (2 Viewers)

I’m debating on who to start at WR2 & flex between Kenny G, OBJ & Robby Anderson.

The o/u on the Det game is kinda what’s keeping me from benching Kenny G. 

Why does that matter?  Just curious?
Well, I suppose you can’t necessarily look at it in a vacuum, but i do use it at least as a tie breaker when deciding which players to start. Based on the o/u and points spread, the Lions have an implied point total of 25. That’s more likely to be three TDs than it is to be two TDs and four field goals. I’d take the odds that Kenny gets one of them, but again, perhaps you have better odds elsewhere. Just something I look at. 

Well, I suppose you can’t necessarily look at it in a vacuum, but i do use it at least as a tie breaker when deciding which players to start. Based on the o/u and points spread, the Lions have an implied point total of 25. That’s more likely to be three TDs than it is to be two TDs and four field goals. I’d take the odds that Kenny gets one of them, but again, perhaps you have better odds elsewhere. Just something I look at. 
Gotcha I am just think in terms of his health.

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) is active for Week 3 against the Cardinals. 

It's quite possible, if not probable, that Golladay will be on a snap count in his 2020 debut, but he is still worth trotting out there as a WR2 in a game with a stratospheric over/under. Patrick Peterson is no longer a matchup for enemy wideouts to fear. Inactive for the Lions are CB Desmond Trufant, RB Ty Johnson, OG Logan Stenberg, S C.J. Moore and TE Hunter Bryant.

Sep 27, 2020, 2:58 PM ET

Only the first half but Golladay has not been shadowed by PP. Cardinals playing some Zone and that was what he scored on. Looks comfortable out there. 

Kenny Golladay caught 6-of-7 targets for 57 yards and a touchdown in the Lions' Week 3 win over the Cardinals. 

Golladay's score was a leaping 15-yard grab near the goal line where he survived a hit to bend into the end zone. If Golladay was limited, it was hard to notice, as his seven targets tied for the team lead in an established affair where coach Matt Patricia dialed up 27 rushes. Early Pro Football Focus charting had Golladay on the field for 48-of-66 plays. With the rust knocked off and setbacks avoided, Golladay will be a high-upside WR2 for next week's tough date with Marshon Lattimore and the Saints. With the Lions' bye then on tap for Week 5, Golladay will return as a clear-cut WR1 for Week 6 vs. the Jaguars. 

Sep 27, 2020, 7:50 PM ET

I thought he looked a little ginger out there, but still pulled off a decent game. Hopefully he gets all the way healthy this week - his TD catch was a really nice grab.

"Golladay will be a high-upside WR2 for next week's tough date with Marshon Lattimore and the Saints. With the Lions' bye then on tap for Week 5, Golladay will return as a clear-cut WR1 for Week 6 vs. the Jaguars. 

Sep 27, 2020, 7:50 PM ET" 

Looks like Lattimore is out for this game. That should bump Golladay up I would think?  GB torched this NO secondary last week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Golladay will be a high-upside WR2 for next week's tough date with Marshon Lattimore and the Saints. With the Lions' bye then on tap for Week 5, Golladay will return as a clear-cut WR1 for Week 6 vs. the Jaguars. 

Looks like Lattimore is out for this game. That should bump Golladay up I would think?  GB torched this NO secondary last week. 
He's money this week

Lattimore and Janorious Jenkins are both out for Nawlins in Week 4 

Should be a monster week for Golladay.   Wasn't really that concerned if Marshon did play because in all honesty he hasn't been that good this season.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints FB Mike Burton and RB Alvin Kamara returned negative COVID-19 tests as did all other Saints players.

This means their game versus the Lions will play as scheduled. Burton returned a positive test last night and came into close contact with seven players prior to the test. Burton himself returned a negative test this morning meaning his first as a false positive. All other Saints returned negative results this morning as well. A positive test for Burton likely would have canceled their matchup with Detroit. Keep Kamara and Kenny Golladay safely in your lineups now that the Saints' scare is over.

Kenny Golladay caught 4-of-8 targets for 62 yards and one touchdown in the Lions' Week 4 loss to the Saints.

The next-closest Lions player had four targets. In two games after missing the first two with a hamstring injury, Golladay has turned 15 targets into 10 catches for 119 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Golladay's score was a 15-yarder in the first quarter. A true red-zone dominator, Golladay has 15 touchdowns over his last 18 games. He'll have the Week 5 bye to rest his hammy ahead of a Week 6 date with the Jaguars.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:53 PM ET

Kenny Golladay caught 4-of-6 targets for 105 yards in the Lions' Week 6 win over the Jaguars. 

The highlight was a 48-yard grab where Golladay went over the top of Sidney Jones on a free play. Other than that, Golladay was lucky to get the numbers that he did as the Lions relentlessly rode their rushing attack. Golladay will look to build off his first 100-yard effort of 2020 in what is almost guaranteed to be a shootout with the Falcons in Week 7. 

Oct 18, 2020, 5:53 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Kenny Golladay (hip) won't play in Week 9 against the Vikings.

He'll have more tests to see where he's at moving forward. It's clearly not a good sign that Golladay was ruled out in advance so early in the week. Currently in the midst of a contract year, the 26-year-old has played with a chip on his shoulder in recording 100 yards and/or a touchdown in every game prior to injury. Fantasy players should look to Quintez Cephus in the interim since there's still a chance Marvin Jones is dealt at Tuesday's 4p trade deadline.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 2, 2020, 1:21 PM ET

Hope he gets better for stretch. His stretch. Team going nowhere and they don’t want to save the Pencil’s job.

Man ought to go get paid somewhere next year he has a chance at winning. Great talent wasting away in a dysfunctional culture.

No idea how badly he's hurt, doesn't sound like a season ender though. Wonder if he's a good buy low for contenders.

No idea how badly he's hurt, doesn't sound like a season ender though. Wonder if he's a good buy low for contenders.
One thing about most Lions in FF this year is they run very few plays (think they’re dead last)

other than last week - and 13 drop backs came in the last drive - Staff is consistently posting 31-33 PA per game. His fantasy value is often predicated on volume. Swift should be busting out big time but they keep rolling out the worlds oldest man every week. watch the tape, Hock is a problem every week, but always 5-7 targets, they don’t utilize him nearly enough (again, the exception was last week.)

KG looks as good on film as any WR in the game. But he’s not a true WR1 (FF) or at least less than ideal. He’s not a Adams/Hopkins target hog. Though we often say TDs are variable, with Kenny I feel guys like him and Evans, who get a ton of 50/50 balls in the end zone, will  always score more often. But boy is it tough banking on that. Obviously you would prefer volume and let the TDs be whatever.

Anyway, I would avoid the hot mess in the D but if his owner is frustrated maybe you could get him cheap.

I don’t trust the Lions to tell the truth about injuries so no idea. Could be a strained hip flexor and out a couple weeks or a torn labrum, possibly done for the year. 

In 8 or 10 team leagues is he a drop for other low end WRs with upside such as M. Williams, Hollywood Brown, Tee Higgins, Crowder for contending teams?

In 8 or 10 team leagues is he a drop for other low end WRs with upside such as M. Williams, Hollywood Brown, Tee Higgins, Crowder for contending teams?
I'd try to hang onto him unless we hear a long timeline. Right now he could only miss a game or 2. Golladay has more upside than any of those guys for contenders I think.

I assume dynasty since this thread is labeled that. If so, no I hold Golladay. I own him (in 12 team PPR) and would move him for the right offer, but he can sit on my bench if an offer does not help my starting lineup.

I assume dynasty since this thread is labeled that. If so, no I hold Golladay. I own him (in 12 team PPR) and would move him for the right offer, but he can sit on my bench if an offer does not help my starting lineup.
Guy is a stud but hasn’t had the healthiest season,  so I might give a very small discount in a deal if I’m contending. If I’m out of it, might as well hold for next year...unless you get equal value. He just turned 27 so he is in his prime of his career. IMO he’s a top 12 WR.  

As long as he comes back healthy. Have Jones to plug in for now.

What frustrates me is his usage. The great teams create ways to get their best players the ball. Detroit doesn't scheme to feed him the ball.

Of course it's not a dynsaty question, he's 0% droppable in dynasty leagues.

Kenny Golladay (hip) didn't practice Wednesday.

Golladay was an early rule out last week. He's in danger of a multi-game absence after opening this week with a missed practice. Golladay's status will be updated again Thursday.

Nov 11, 2020, 3:57 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hip) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

All signs point toward Golladay missing another game. With T.J. Hockenson nursing a toe injury, Matthew Stafford could find himself perilously low on weapons for a tough matchup with the Washington Football Team. 

Nov 12, 2020, 7:35 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hip) returned to practice Wednesday.

It's Golladay's first practice since going down in Week 8. This puts him on track to return Sunday against the Panthers. With Matthew Stafford (thumb) likely to be playing at less than 100 percent, the Lions need whatever they can get from Golladay.

SOURCE: MLive.com

Nov 18, 2020, 1:25 PM ET

As long as he comes back healthy. Have Jones to plug in for now.

What frustrates me is his usage. The great teams create ways to get their best players the ball. Detroit doesn't scheme to feed him the ball.
So frustrating this year. I owned him 2 years ago and loved having him on my roster. This year I traded Hunt for him in Week 2, and that has been a massive bust of a trade for me.

Really not expecting a strong finish with the way things are going in DET

So frustrating this year. I owned him 2 years ago and loved having him on my roster. This year I traded Hunt for him in Week 2, and that has been a massive bust of a trade for me.

Really not expecting a strong finish with the way things are going in DET
Drafted Golladay and Ridley as my first two WRs.  The last two weeks have been rough.   Im not expecting much either since I don’t think Golladay has been healthy this season. 

I'll be the optimist here. Detroit has missed Golladay's presence a ton when he's been out, and I'm expecting WR1 production from him this week. I'd have a hard time imagining a team having 2/3 WR's they should start over him. 

Carolina struggles with WR's with size since Bradbury left, Amendola looks iffy, and Hockenson looked pretty banged up last week. 

Users who are viewing this thread