What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Matt Breida - Giants RB (4 Viewers)

Yeah this backfield feels like a 50/50 timeshare where Beathard will pepper the RBs and TEs. Seeing Breida get most of the work in a pretty close game is encouraging and only helps his value.

Came back in for the final drive. Had a nice catch to set the niners up with a chance to win the game on 1st play of the drive.  Beathard promptly throws a pick on the next play. 

He also had a really nice 10+ yard carry to get them down to the 1 yard line and was visibly upset when Morris was brought in to vulture. Morris was stuffed on his goal line attempt and looked slow all day.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Matt get goal line opps moving forward as hes proven more than capable running between the tackles.

He was out there all day on 1st and 2nd down.  3rd downs 100% of the time. He probably missed about 8-10 snaps due to an injury so that snap count would have more than likely been in the 70% range. I really like this guy as a high upside RB2 with the potential to blossom into an RB1 in PPR. That offense can still move the ball with Beathard and Breida looks like the most explosive weapon they possess. Targetting Breida in all leagues before I miss out on another blowup game.

Yeah this backfield feels like a 50/50 timeshare where Beathard will pepper the RBs and TEs. Seeing Breida get most of the work in a pretty close game is encouraging and only helps his value.
Morris had about 15ish snaps yesterday - a handful of those when Breida banged up his shoulder.  I watched most of the game and Breida was in there on 1st and 2nd downs repeatedly.  He is clearly the guy and this is nowhere near a 50/50 timeshare - more like 65/25/10 .  I advise you guys to target Breida while he can be had for cheap.  I just moved Amari for Breida/Ekeler.

Morris had about 15ish snaps yesterday - a handful of those when Breida banged up his shoulder.  I watched most of the game and Breida was in there on 1st and 2nd downs repeatedly.  He is clearly the guy and this is nowhere near a 50/50 timeshare - more like 65/25/10 .  I advise you guys to target Breida while he can be had for cheap.  I just moved Amari for Breida/Ekeler.
Congrats on the deal. Like I posted last page, he was in on 63% of the snaps; a season high for him. It was encouraging that he got that many in what pretty much is a timeshare. However Shanny has given no real indication that if the Niners were up 7-10 points he wouldn't use Morris more. That's what I meant by 50/50 in the sense of it's gameflow dependent from what I've seen. Now obviously Brieda is in on passing situations and he's clearly in the positive part of the timeshare, but just saying that if you expect a larger slice of the pie for him with a healthy Morris tread carefully. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Breida (knee) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Breida was a game-time decision going into Week 4 but wound up playing a season-high 38 snaps in a loss to Los Angeles. He's beginning to take ownership of the Niners' backfield after beginning the season in a timeshare with Alfred Morris. Breida will be an acceptable RB3/flex for Sunday's NFC West showdown with Arizona.

Source: Cam Inman on Twitter 

Oct 3 - 6:38 PM

Good. They need to limit Breidas exposure all year long during practice. Pretty sure we will see the same practice limitations the entire year.

What's not to like about Brieda? I mean the dude keeps balling. Hard to keep him on my bench. My RB's consist of Fournette (yuck), Lynch, Hyde, Ingram, and Brieda. One of these guys has to sit. As of today Hyde sits. Breida is approaching RB #1 status and here I plucked him off of waivers not knowing what the heck. Prognosticators had no clue if it was Morris or Breida. I figured take a flyer on Brieda. I kept thinking maybe drop him for a better player lol. Now he starts in my lineup along with SF D this week even with a questionable tag. Sounds like he's playing. No Jimmy, lets go SF. 

He's my flex at this point (and maybe not even that, given how well John Brown is playing), but depending on how things shake out in Chicago, he could end up supplanting Howard as my RB2. He seems to have a decent floor week to week.

This came out right after Jimmy G got hurt.  Not new....but can Breida catch now???  Have a chance to get him for Drake and a slight wr downgrade.

This came out right after Jimmy G got hurt.  Not new....but can Breida catch now???  Have a chance to get him for Drake and a slight wr downgrade.
Whoops I missed that. Man I gotta go back and re-read the thread to see what other info I missed.

I've been trying to trade him b/c I have RB depth and needs elsewhere but nobody is buying. I feel like I'll be sending my league mates thank you notes for being non-believers lol

dr chao said high ankle sprain. if true then 2-4 weeks for sure. 49ers would be best served letting kittle play RB a few snaps

Ya this seems like a HAS for sure.  Not sure he's worth keeping in short bench standard leagues. 

I believe the diagnosis was a low ankle sprain since he was able to walk on it; I heard it was also called "mid-to-high". Breida (who was on his way to a monster game) will probably be out 2 weeks, which isn't actually a bad thing because he can rest up his other nagging injuries to his shoulder and his knee.

EDIT: Here it is

NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports Matt Breida suffered a "mid- to high-ankle sprain" Week 5 against the Cardinals.

X-rays came back negative on Sunday, but Breida will undergo an MRI on Monday to reveal the scope of the damage. While he has avoided a season-ending injury, it appears as if Breida will miss at least a game or two. Alfred Morris should serve as the workhorse with Breida sidelined while FB Kyle Juszczyk should have an expanded role in the passing game.

Coach Kyle Shanahan said Matt Breida (ankle) will not practice Thursday and is doubtful to play Week 6 against the Packers.

Shanahan confirms Breida did not suffer a dreaded high-ankle sprain, but it sounds like he's going to miss at least one game. The 49ers don't play until Monday night in Green Bay, so perhaps Breida will be able to make a quick recovery. The Niners worked out Jeremy McNichols and others on Monday, with Jeff Wilson also being an option on the practice squad. Alfred Morris should get the bulk of the run work in Green Bay, but Kyle Juszczyk should also be very involved, especially if the Niners fall behind big on the scoreboard and need to chase points.

Source: Cam Inman on Twitter 

Oct 8 - 7:08 PM

Honestly, even though my team is 1-4, I'd rather he sit for a week or two and heal up rather than trying to play through it and risk making things worse.

Well if you like having someone who plays 5 snaps then sprains an eyelash, then definitely yay.
Neither of them are the model of health but Breida is far more electric on a team that will be playing from behind way more than Houston. Let's just hope this is a move of depth for SCT.

Someone just dropped him in my redraft (small bench league) for Alfred Morris.  My RB5 is currently Rojo, so I put in a waiver claim for him.  If I do get him to stash, it means no TB RB's will be rostered in my league, hahaha

Updating an earlier item, NBC Sports Bay Area reports Matt Breida (ankle) was walking without a noticeable limp on Thursday.

Ace beat reporter Matt Maiocco had a slip of the Twitter tongue. It would seem to confirm Breida avoided a high-ankle sprain and might actually have a chance to play on Monday night against the Packers. Breida did not practice on Thursday. Another DNP on Friday would have him close to "out."
He really should sit two games so his other injuries will heal. 49ers aren't going anywhere..

He really should sit two games so his other injuries will heal. 49ers aren't going anywhere..
No, he shouldn't. He's a young guy that got a chance to start and he's got to make the best of this opportunity so he can get paid to be a starter or solid RBBC guy. If he feels ok, he should play.

No, he shouldn't. He's a young guy that got a chance to start and he's got to make the best of this opportunity so he can get paid to be a starter or solid RBBC guy. If he feels ok, he should play.
That's working real well for Dalvin Cook so far. Players are the worst judges of their own health; After big hits I've seen dudes want to go out there after the response to a concussion test of how many fingers the doctor shows, they answer "Pudding!".

Who says players should sit? If they can play, they should play. This is fantasy football, people need players available. Isnt that a bit disingenuous?

That's working real well for Dalvin Cook so far. Players are the worst judges of their own health; After big hits I've seen dudes want to go out there after the response to a concussion test of how many fingers the doctor shows, they answer "Pudding!".
Dalvin Cook is locked into his starting spot. He shouldn't play until he's 100%. Breida? He was the backup. This is his shot. If I'm him, I play. 

He's playing. Upgraded to healthy. Not making any more comments, after he got hurt 2 minutes after my last comment in the game thread. Either way, giddy up!

Start him or Alfred??
Exactly... guess we'll have to listen to the talking heads on TV, until we get the real lowdown. Picked up Alf for insurance Flex earlier in the week. If Brieda plays wonder if I risk dropping Alf for another flyer like Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Nah - although I did play him last week in DFS. He'll score tonight. Flex play options.

Back to Alf or Matt?

How is Breida even walking? The man looked like death last week. Now he's got explosion and burst after an ankle injury?

Either he's got X-factor healing abilities or them some good drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread