What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T&P Please (1 Viewer)

Damn.  I had been following this off and on, never really knew what to say.  Just brutal and I can only imagine how tough this is.  I hope you find strength in your memories and the positive impact that your family and he had on each other, and will continue to echo over time.  Best wishes to you.

####. Been out of town since Tuesday AM and I was scared to click on this thread. I'm so sorry, Kee. 

I can only say that you are the epitome of the father I'd hope to be if I found myself in a similar situation. I have no doubt that Jack knew he was loved. Hell, we loved him here and we didn't even know him, other than through your words. An amazing young man, which is a direct reflection of your love and guidance. 

Love you, GB. Hang in there, man. 

The outpouring of support from FBG is amazing and has been a great source of comfort for me and my family.  I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words, prayers and thoughts.  That several of you even sent flowers to his funeral is a testament to how awesome you all are.  

Jack was an amazing young man and I couldn't be any more proud of him.  Here  is a video that we had playing at his visitation.

We are unbelievably touched (and proud) to see the people that Jack positively affected during his relatively short life.  Teachers, coaches, nurses, friends, teammates.

Thank you all again so very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
You couldnt squeeze another tear out of me if you put my head in a vice. And that's just for the haircuts.....

Such a lovely boy and such joy in that smile. And a left-handed picker to boot. Thx for sharing. 
In his eulogy I joked that he played the guitar upside down and backwards (ala Hendrix) because the other way would have just been too easy...

Sending you and your family all my love, Kee.  What a beautiful boy with an amazing smile.  I hope we can get together one day.

Being a father, I so identified with the activities captured in that video.  From the Halloween costumes, baseball and football games and other special times.  I have thought of Jack several times since finding out of his passing...each time ending in tears for the pain you must be enduring.  What a beautiful boy you were blessed with.  The world is a better place because of you, Jack, and I am sure the rest of your family as well.  May he rest in peace.

In his eulogy I joked that he played the guitar upside down and backwards (ala Hendrix) because the other way would have just been too easy...
@KeerockWhat a beautiful young man. Love the Hendrix guitar-style (so cool). And you can tell he bled Green and White very early on, love that!!

So Sorry again 'Rock.  Like I said, was heartbroken to hear the news last week. Was holding out hope.

Thanks for sharing with us. God Bless.

I'm so, so sorry Kee.  Heartbroken for you and your family.  The video tribute was so touching. Loved the pictures of him with the guitar.  Looked like a natural lefty. RIP sweet Jack.  Prayers sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
@KeerockWhat a beautiful young man. Love the Hendrix guitar-style (so cool). And you can tell he bled Green and White very early on, love that!!

So Sorry again 'Rock.  Like I said, was heartbroken to hear the news last week. Was holding out hope.

Thanks for sharing with us. God Bless.
You will appreciate this... MSU has been absolutely incredible.  They made Jack's time there as comfortable as possible by getting him a room centrally located on campus (Case) is a suite with friends from High School.  Customized his schedule to accommodate his treatments.  Set up transportation to classes if he needed (which I don't think he ever used).  The folks in the RCPD office (especially one guy who Jack made an impact on) sent him care packages with Sparty swag.  Actually drove one down to our house when Jack was home not feeling well.  That guy and his family were also at Jack's funeral.  They arranged to get Jack an honorary degree.

To top it off... at Jack's visitation, the MSU VP of Student Affairs showed up, seeked out me, my wife and each of my other two boys to tell us that they will be planting a tree on campus for Jack with a plaque with his name that reads "Spartan Forever".  It will be dedicated at a special ceremony in the spring.  We will get a sapling from that tree to plant at our home.

We've always bled Green and White, but man, what an unbelievable show of support from an awesome university.

You will appreciate this... MSU has been absolutely incredible.  They made Jack's time there as comfortable as possible by getting him a room centrally located on campus (Case) is a suite with friends from High School.  Customized his schedule to accommodate his treatments.  Set up transportation to classes if he needed (which I don't think he ever used).  The folks in the RCPD office (especially one guy who Jack made an impact on) sent him care packages with Sparty swag.  Actually drove one down to our house when Jack was home not feeling well.  That guy and his family were also at Jack's funeral.  They arranged to get Jack an honorary degree.

To top it off... at Jack's visitation, the MSU VP of Student Affairs showed up, seeked out me, my wife and each of my other two boys to tell us that they will be planting a tree on campus for Jack with a plaque with his name that reads "Spartan Forever".  It will be dedicated at a special ceremony in the spring.  We will get a sapling from that tree to plant at our home.

We've always bled Green and White, but man, what an unbelievable show of support from an awesome university.
Man, how am I supposed to hate Sparty now?

Oh man, I mean wow. That’s just incredible. Do you know the location of the planting? If you find out would you PM me the location please. I want to visit it to pay my respects. It would be an honor. I wanted to get to the visitation as one of Jack’s Dad’s  “nerdy internet football friends” honestly to pay my respects but it didn’t work out. 

All these things just show what an impact Jack had on others . You should be very proud ‘Rock, as I'm sure you all are.

#GOGREENJACK

Came back to see just how things were going.  😢

@Keerock the most sincere condolences, and thank you for sharing this most difficult journey with us.  Jack has been and always will be an inspiration to so many of us - as are you for how you have dealt with such a trying time of life, and true tragedy.

Hugs my friend. 

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, @Keerock.  I appreciate you sharing and it's made me appreciate the time I spend with my son more and more.  I've got a better relationship with him over the last couple of years because of your story.

You all are in my thoughts.

-Jake

Sorry for your loss brother.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.  If there is ever anything I can do to help you and yours please don't hesitate to ask, I will be here for you.

Oh man - so sorry to read this.  Thoughts are with you Kee - thx for sharing your journey and being such a great dad to a great young man.

Celebrating Jack's 20th Birthday today.  Couldn't miss him more.  Still cry every day but today is extra hard.
I'm so sorry for your loss.  He was a great kid and an inspiration.

Too many FBG have lost children.  It's so ####### unfair.

You know he's looking down from somewhere shaking his head and saying C'mon dad. Remember the good stuff. 

Those are the things that endeared you to each other, and need to be what you think about when you are right about at the end of your ability to hang in there. Put them in your head and pull them out and smile. Even if it's a maybe mostly sad one. Think of it as his way of kinda kicking you in the backside. 

Heartfelt thoughts and prayers for you and your family. 

Posted this on Facebook today, but wanted to post it here too... you guys helped Jack, me and my family through some rough times and it was/is truly appreciated.

It was a year ago this morning that we lost our Jack. Every single day we miss his smile, his awesome sense of humor, his wit, his guitar playing, his laugh (often quiet), his smarts, his strength, and his thumbs up attitude… just everything about him. We are blessed to have so many wonderful memories, stories and photos to keep him close (and to share with whomever wants to listen). We always love hearing your memories of Jack – even when it makes us cry. Jack stories will never get old.

We are grateful to all of you who touched Jack’s life and brought him joy. Thank you to everyone who supported Jack and our family during his battle and through this very difficult year. We hope those of you who read this know all you did for us. Even if you thought it was only a small gesture, please know it helped us greatly. We felt your prayers and know that many of you had family, friends and prayer groups storming heaven for Jack – we felt those too and thank you. We hope you will continue to keep Jack in your prayers.

Just placed a novena order w me Ma - 96 this wk - for a commemorative soulapalooza. She dont remember nothin' anymore, but she remembers praying for Jack, "the boy w the hats".

Users who are viewing this thread