Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slapdash

***Official PSF Moderation Thread***

10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

No, I can’t speak to mob mentality. I can only speak to my own.  

And this is why there appears to be a mob mentality. You (and perhaps others) try to educate another poster with your comments. While other posters may have a different objective (wanting to treat others with respect, or curb stomping a poster for their opinions/stance; or even payback for a comment in a totally unrelated thread). What your left with is what appears to be "piling on" be the mob. Depending on the receiving party, it can look like a mob mentality. When its tied to political view it looks like a liberal echo chamber.

2 minutes ago, KCitons said:

And this is why there appears to be a mob mentality. You (and perhaps others) try to educate another poster with your comments. While other posters may have a different objective (wanting to treat others with respect, or curb stomping a poster for their opinions/stance; or even payback for a comment in a totally unrelated thread). What your left with is what appears to be "piling on" be the mob. Depending on the receiving party, it can look like a mob mentality. When its tied to political view it looks like a liberal echo chamber.

That's certainly one possibility.  There are several. 

5 hours ago, jon_mx said:

There are certain groups which are allowed to be offended and there are certain groups who are not.  And that's a large part of the problem.   Men or Christians or white people or conservatives are not even allowed to be offended.   When I point out disrespectful or offensive comments, I get called out as a whiner, martyr, woman, sissy, etc.  But it is perfectly ok for every other group to whine and complain.  I just can't comprehend the logic behind being super-sensitive to certain groups, but complete asses to others. 

One of the more absurd examples is it is still somewhat common for a black conservative to be labeled a racially-charged term like Uncle Tom.  Does a black man become less of a human based on political values? 

It is easy to give respect to people you agree with.  But until we learn to extend that same respect to all people, we are doomed to becoming more and more divided. 

I would agree that white men are under attack. But, to a degree, I think its justified.(I throw out the Christian or any religion because I'm not sure any religion is better than others). When you think about the privilege that a white Male has had in this country for 200 years, it's difficult to cry about any moderate level of adversity we must face. 

I attended a meeting a couple of years ago where one of the speakers asked everyone to think about how they started their day. Did you have to get up early to prepair yourself to project a better image (makeup, hair, shave legs, etc). Did you have to take steps to help you get make it through the day physically (pregnant, having your period). Did you have to worry about your physical appearance would effect how your treated (black, Muslim attire, etc). The list went on with 20 or so questions about financial, educational and other things that affect a wide range of people. By the end, I think there was one question I could relate to being a white Male that had a negative impact to start my day. It's like giving me a 25 yard head start in a 100 yard race.

You have the right to be offended. People's feelings are their own. What your arguing is that others should feel the same as you. But again, people's feelings are their own.