Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slapdash

***Official PSF Moderation Thread***

2 minutes ago, KCitons said:

And this is why there appears to be a mob mentality. You (and perhaps others) try to educate another poster with your comments. While other posters may have a different objective (wanting to treat others with respect, or curb stomping a poster for their opinions/stance; or even payback for a comment in a totally unrelated thread). What your left with is what appears to be "piling on" be the mob. Depending on the receiving party, it can look like a mob mentality. When its tied to political view it looks like a liberal echo chamber.

That's certainly one possibility.  There are several. 

5 hours ago, jon_mx said:

There are certain groups which are allowed to be offended and there are certain groups who are not.  And that's a large part of the problem.   Men or Christians or white people or conservatives are not even allowed to be offended.   When I point out disrespectful or offensive comments, I get called out as a whiner, martyr, woman, sissy, etc.  But it is perfectly ok for every other group to whine and complain.  I just can't comprehend the logic behind being super-sensitive to certain groups, but complete asses to others. 

One of the more absurd examples is it is still somewhat common for a black conservative to be labeled a racially-charged term like Uncle Tom.  Does a black man become less of a human based on political values? 

It is easy to give respect to people you agree with.  But until we learn to extend that same respect to all people, we are doomed to becoming more and more divided. 

I would agree that white men are under attack. But, to a degree, I think its justified.(I throw out the Christian or any religion because I'm not sure any religion is better than others). When you think about the privilege that a white Male has had in this country for 200 years, it's difficult to cry about any moderate level of adversity we must face. 

I attended a meeting a couple of years ago where one of the speakers asked everyone to think about how they started their day. Did you have to get up early to prepair yourself to project a better image (makeup, hair, shave legs, etc). Did you have to take steps to help you get make it through the day physically (pregnant, having your period). Did you have to worry about your physical appearance would effect how your treated (black, Muslim attire, etc). The list went on with 20 or so questions about financial, educational and other things that affect a wide range of people. By the end, I think there was one question I could relate to being a white Male that had a negative impact to start my day. It's like giving me a 25 yard head start in a 100 yard race.

You have the right to be offended. People's feelings are their own. What your arguing is that others should feel the same as you. But again, people's feelings are their own.

I wanted to congratulate Joe for firing/demoting/whatever Bob McGaw.

I just learned in Maurile's thread that McGaw was gone. I knew I hadn't seen his posts in forever, wasn't sure what happened.

He was unhinged during the 2016 election and was banning people left and right solely because they supported Trump. Good riddance!

A recommendation, why not appoint a pro Trump (or at least  neutral) mod to the PSF?

Maurile hates Trump, but is reasonable with his mod duties, which is fine.

The other two mods, Clayton and Aaron, don't even post in the PSF forum. Clayton is somewhat reasonable, but Aaron is widely recognized as extremely biased towards anyone who supports Trump.

I say get rid of Aaron, or at least prevent him from suspending people he disagrees with in a forum he doesn't even post in. Replace him with someone like jon mx or Max or Hell Toupee.

Or if you want to go neutral, appoint ren hoek or rocknation.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 4

4 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

I just learned in Maurile's thread that McGaw was gone. I knew I hadn't seen his posts in forever, wasn't sure what happened.

He was unhinged during the 2016 election and was banning people left and right solely because they supported Trump. Good riddance!

A recommendation, why not appoint a pro Trump (or at least  neutral) mod to the PSF?

The other two mods, Clayton and Aaron, don't even post in the PSF forum. Clayton is somewhat reasonable, but Aaron is widely recognized as extremely biased towards anyone who supports Trump.

I say get rid of Aaron, or at least prevent him from suspending people he disagrees with in a forum he doesn't even post in. Replace him with someone like jon mx or Max or Hell Toupee.

I doubt he’s gone from the forum, maybe just not a face of the company any longer. 

Yes...the mods are all biased and people are just banned solely for supporting Trump.

What a ridiculous accusation with no basis in fact.

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Waiting to hear why Bluto got a timeout. 

Was there not a "don't" attached to a post of his?  That would probably be it.

Not sure the mods ever give a real explanation.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Was there not a "don't" attached to a post of his?  That would probably be it.

Not sure the mods ever give a real explanation.

:shrug: Another poster got the same warning without a timeout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

:shrug: Another poster got the same warning without a timeout.

Bluto was doing what Maurile asked him to do while there's a half dozen posters doing exactly what Maurile asked them to stop doing.  Strange times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Bluto was doing what Maurile asked him to do while there's a half dozen posters doing exactly what Maurile asked them to stop doing.  Strange times.

I remember Maurile writing something about different rules in the Trump thread but did that include allowing calling people trolls? I searched for Maurile’s post briefly but gave up.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I remember Maurile writing something about different rules in the Trump thread but did that include allowing calling people trolls? I searched for Maurile’s post briefly but gave up.  

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/?do=findComment&comment=22467227

Here you go.  If you're going to claim calling someone a troll got him a timeout then go look at how many posters are breaking the last rule Maurile laid out.  I think that's what the complaining is about.  One guy gets a timeout and others get a be more cool type response and then continue not being cool.  It is what it is.

9 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Aaron is my guy. No interest in changing anything there. He's also not biased like you're accusing him of. I can see what he suspends or moderates and you are without a doubt wrong there. Drop the accusations. 

The moderating team is not our problem here. 

People acting like kindergarteners is our problem here. Help us do better. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I've been suspended by every moderator here. :bowtie:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/?do=findComment&comment=22467227

Here you go.  If you're going to claim calling someone a troll got him a timeout then go look at how many posters are breaking the last rule Maurile laid out.  I think that's what the complaining is about.  One guy gets a timeout and others get a be more cool type response and then continue not being cool.  It is what it is.

In my opinion, rereading that, I come to the conclusion that calling someone a troll in the Pro-Trump thread should be allowed by a Trump supporter.  Accordingly, John shouldn’t have been suspended.  I’m not a fan of having different rules in different threads but obviously that’s not up to me.

Edited by Juxtatarot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

In my opinion, rereading that, I come to the conclusion that calling someone a troll in the Pro-Trump thread should be allowed by a Trump supporter.  Accordingly, John shouldn’t have been suspended.  I’m not a fan of having different rules in different threads but obviously that’s not up to me.

Not sure why you should be allowed to call someone a troll in one thread but not another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GoBirds said:

I doubt he’s gone from the forum, maybe just not a face of the company any longer. 

I’m not so sure.  His posting style was very distinct.  If he was still around posting we’d absolutely know.  

10 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Not sure why you should be allowed to call someone a troll in one thread but not another.

I would say it depends on the topic. 

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

I would say it depends on the topic. 

I would think saying to people not to call other people trolls is pretty much board wide. Been suspended for that before...dont think its really all that controversial or a surprise.

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I would think saying to people not to call other people trolls is pretty much board wide. Been suspended for that before...dont think its really all that controversial or a surprise.

It's like you read 1/10th of the conversation.  

• Laughing 3

12 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

And to be clear:

There was zero "firing" or "demotion". The "whatever" for Bob Magaw is I asked him as my friend to not be as overly political as was being. That's it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

And to be clear:

There was zero "firing" or "demotion". The "whatever" for Bob Magaw is I asked him as my friend to not be as overly political as was being. That's it. 

Miss having him around with the music discussions.

27 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Exactly what I was going to post.  👍

I tried to engage Bob McGaw outside of politics, but I think the personal became the political. He had a lot of intelligent things to say; I wish it weren't that way, if it was at all. He might not have given it a thought, but I'd written what I thought were thoughtful replies about music, etc., and I don't think he took to it because of who I was. At least, that's the feeling I got, which, like I said, could be erroneous. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slapdash said:

Me too. That was a cost of asking him. I'm sure it hurt him. But it was likely the right thing for the company.

That was years ago and still I had people last week saying they stopped being customers over it when they couldn't even remember who it was. Sigh. 

9 hours ago, Slapdash said:

The same reason trolling itself is allowed in there but not the other threads.  MT wasn't interested in moderating it. Then the bait and reporters came along, dispite the new rule.  The guy that got reported gets suspended by a different mod.  That's pretty much the text book for complaints about unfair moderation.  

34 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I tried to engage Bob McGaw outside of politics, but I think the personal became the political. He had a lot of intelligent things to say; I wish it weren't that way, if it was at all. He might not have given it a thought, but I'd written what I thought were thoughtful replies about music, etc., and I don't think he took to it because of who I was. At least, that's the feeling I got, which, like I said, could be erroneous. 

If you do a search on Facebook most with that name live in Canada.....maybe he was one of the few that held strong to the “If Trump’s elected I’m moving to Canada “ threat?

😂  🇨🇦 

42 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Me too. That was a cost of asking him. I'm sure it hurt him. But it was likely the right thing for the company.

That was years ago and still I had people last week saying they stopped being customers over it when they couldn't even remember who it was. Sigh. 

Who stopped being a customer?

20 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

How dare you speak of GB Carlton and my GB Rude in this way sir.  Were I a younger man I would challenge you to a dual! 

Edited by Sheriff Bart
Actually being an older man is probably the perfect time for a dual. What do I have to lose.

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

Those just sound like people making excuses Joe. Being in the customer service business my whole life I’ve learned 1 thing.  People will say anything to justify positions.  When you relay feedback like that it reminds me of when I had my restaurant and someone would complain about the steak they had just eaten and be wanting their money back, yet there was not one bite left......

23 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

How dare you speak of GB Carlton and my GB Rude in this way sir.  Were I a younger man I would challenge you to a dual! 

You're an older dude? Geez, based on some of your posts I would have thought you were a teenage girl.  😉 

BAM!!!!!!!!! 

I'm here till next Tuesday with shows at 7:00 and 9:00.

• Laughing 1

20 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Hey mang, I'm infinite. No borders here.  :P

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Hey mang, I'm infinite. No borders here.  :P

Just think of the “Notes to member” you could leave the people who you suspend. We’ll have come full circle. 

• Laughing 2

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

Just think of the “Notes to member” you could leave the people who you suspend. We’ll have come full circle. 

Lots of repeating words colloquially discussing that person's intelligence, for sure. :lmao:

7 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

You're an older dude? Geez, based on some of your posts I would have thought you were a teenage girl.  😉 

BAM!!!!!!!!! 

I'm here till next Tuesday with shows at 7:00 and 9:00.

Actually, you won't be here till Tuesday. Be cooler if you come back. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

9 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

A dual what?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

35 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

A dual what?

:lmao: duel

I'M OLD! LEAVE ME ALONE!! 

On 1/29/2020 at 12:41 AM, Bozeman Bruiser said:

I perceive many of those persons somewhat differently than do you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I perceive many of those persons somewhat differently than do you.

:goodposting: I of course was making light but Rude is salt of the Earth.    Only know Carlton from here but he has always been chill. 

"Aaron is widely recognized as extremely biased"

seems pretty reasonable

• Like 6
  • Laughing 1

On 1/30/2020 at 5:18 AM, FBG Moderator said:

Cooler?  Seriously?  C'mon, man, it was a joke.  You didn't get that from the wink emoji 😉 ?  And from the obvious "I'm here till next Tuesday with shows at 7:00 and 9:00."? 

Unbelievable. 

Edited by BladeRunner

On 1/30/2020 at 2:07 PM, Clayton Gray said:

I always thought I was less reasonable than Aaron.

That's a reasonable way of looking at it.

On 1/30/2020 at 3:18 AM, FBG Moderator said:

Moderator mic drops like this are the best.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

Moderator mic drops like this are the best.  

So much better than just “don’t “

• Like 1

Is this thing on?  Asking for a friend

8 hours ago, JAA said:

Is this thing on?  Asking for a friend

The microphone might be broken. People keep dropping it.

• Laughing 1