What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McCoy or Gordon (1 Viewer)

Hard choice - I love the upside of Gordon in an expanded role & move to put more emphasis on a zone blocking scheme. The pedigree, the talent, good QB/offense.

that said, McCoy is a proven commodity with 70+ reception upside. But high mileage is a concern, esp if a fantasy league with a shallow bench that makes handcuffing difficult. 

Kind of a coin flip. PPR I probably take McCoy. 

So many of the McCoy forecasts cite that he only missed one game last year. They don't say he also missed significant parts of 3 others with 3 different injuries and had 72 total yards and one TD in those 3 games combined. I don't know how people can say he's the slam dunk #3 RB behind DJ and Bell. (And don't get me started on the misguided notion that the Watkins trade somehow betters his statistical outlook.) At his ADP I'll be passing for someone I won't have to hold my breath on every single week before and during games. Perfect year to go zero RB if you don't have a top 2 pick.

So many of the McCoy forecasts cite that he only missed one game last year. They don't say he also missed significant parts of 3 others with 3 different injuries and had 72 total yards and one TD in those 3 games combined. I don't know how people can say he's the slam dunk #3 RB behind DJ and Bell. (And don't get me started on the misguided notion that the Watkins trade somehow betters his statistical outlook.) At his ADP I'll be passing for someone I won't have to hold my breath on every single week before and during games. Perfect year to go zero RB if you don't have a top 2 pick.
Bingo.

I didn't own McCoy last year but I was constantly watching his injuries, picking up Gillislee, etc. I kept thinking to myself, "this guy would be a nightmare to own." And this is coming from a Mark Ingram owner.

I don't know. The whole Buffalo situation smells. I smell trainwreck. Visions of McCoy mouthing off. Injuries.

Gut feel.

Hankmoody said:
Ding ding ding!!!  Green played 9 full games.   When he went down he was WR2 (behind Julio) and his extrapolated line would have made him WR1 (20.7 PPG in PPR).

3 of the 9 games with more than 30 fantasy points in PPR. 1 game under 10 points. He's as safe as anyone (if going into this season healthy) and has as much upside as Brown.

Cannot fathom taking Gordon or McCoy ahead of him. 

I'd take receivers down to Jordy before these guy's. It's a pretty big drop off after Bell and Johnson. I'd go Gordon because he's younger and I like the offensive situation much better. I can't blame anyone for taking McCoy though.

Both of these guys scare the hell out of me.

Right now at 10, I'm hoping one of AJ, Jordy, or Evans falls to me so I can avoid it. And with any luck, maybe Gordon is there on the turn.

Ive actually considered both of them as high as 3 with the Zeke situation, the premium on RB's this year is even higher because of it. Like Freeman too, good team, soft playoff schedule. Couldn't take any of them before AB, Julio or Green in the final analysis. I'd take all of them before Evans and Jordy though

Bingo.

I didn't own McCoy last year but I was constantly watching his injuries, picking up Gillislee, etc. I kept thinking to myself, "this guy would be a nightmare to own." And this is coming from a Mark Ingram owner.

I don't know. The whole Buffalo situation smells. I smell trainwreck. Visions of McCoy mouthing off. Injuries.

Gut feel.
A nightmare to own?  I owned him and championship.  He was not a nightmare to own.

How often does ANY RB go through a season all perfect without any low scores?  Almost never.  Maybe one guy per year, maybe.  

I am not saying he is the slam dunk #3 RB off the board.  Nobody is.  But a 300 point guy isn't a nightmare to own

A nightmare to own?  I owned him and championship.  He was not a nightmare to own.

How often does ANY RB go through a season all perfect without any low scores?  Almost never.  Maybe one guy per year, maybe.  

I am not saying he is the slam dunk #3 RB off the board.  Nobody is.  But a 300 point guy isn't a nightmare to own
He's a nightmare to own in the sense that he pops up on the injury report alot even if he is going to play. But yea I'd draft him early first this year without a second thought.

ghostguy123 said:

I wouldn't be stunned if they dealt him before the opener.

Buffalo seems like a dumpster fire. Tons of team risk here.

Who feels comfortable drafting McCoy in the first round?

Just feels like a situation where come the 2nd half of the season all things Bills are a complete trainwreck.

Users who are viewing this thread