What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you rather have Zack Moss or Chase Brown? (1 Viewer)

Would you rather have Chase Brown or Zack Moss?

• Chase Brown

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Zack Moss

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
I hold Chase Brown in dynasty and would be pleasantly surprised if he was the 1A there. My initial thought is that Brown will see an increased role due to his explosive play ability, however I would be shocked all things being equal if Moss is not seeing more of the 1A role. They also could draft someone that could further cloud the issue. Rooting for Chase however.

In dynasty?

They are running backs in a running back committee. Both will get a shot. Both will have productive weeks. Both will have unproductive weeks. Pretty much all RBs are a yearly proposition, except for the really elite ones or fresh legs on cheap rookie deals.

Brown in dynasty. Flip a coin in redraft or, more specifically, whichever one is cheaper.

Early voting has it as a stalemate, which makes sense but also vultures the value of both. If either dude was less impressive, the other would have immense value. I can see an argument for both but I side with Zack Moss on the basis of the money, but I can see people liking Brown for the fact he already knows that offense and is an athletic freak.

Ran the poll because it's hard to gauge by just reading comments sometimes, so literally it's a coinflip, I thought it might be skewed in one direction but that goes to show that my understanding of people's value of these players was wrong. I'm sure they bring in another warm body through the draft, will it be an early pick? Not sure, no clue what the Bengals draft situation looks like but if they were to bring in a Jaylen Wright, I think both guys stock plummets tremendously.

I really liked Deontae Foreman last year and thought the Bears would give him the most carries because he was "making the most" but I failed to realize he was only on a 1 year deal, with Zack Moss on a two-year contract I can see a little more buy-in. But a great example from last year is Hubbard vs Sanders, they paid Sanders all that money but eventually the job was stolen by the home grown guy. Obviously all situations are different, but it's at least an interesting parallel.

Thanks for all the feedback! I know some people don't like putting their neck out there to discuss, so the poll is a nice way to get anonymous information.

Early voting has it as a stalemate, which makes sense but also vultures the value of both. If either dude was less impressive, the other would have immense value. I can see an argument for both but I side with Zack Moss on the basis of the money, but I can see people liking Brown for the fact he already knows that offense and is an athletic freak.

Ran the poll because it's hard to gauge by just reading comments sometimes, so literally it's a coinflip, I thought it might be skewed in one direction but that goes to show that my understanding of people's value of these players was wrong. I'm sure they bring in another warm body through the draft, will it be an early pick? Not sure, no clue what the Bengals draft situation looks like but if they were to bring in a Jaylen Wright, I think both guys stock plummets tremendously.

I really liked Deontae Foreman last year and thought the Bears would give him the most carries because he was "making the most" but I failed to realize he was only on a 1 year deal, with Zack Moss on a two-year contract I can see a little more buy-in. But a great example from last year is Hubbard vs Sanders, they paid Sanders all that money but eventually the job was stolen by the home grown guy. Obviously all situations are different, but it's at least an interesting parallel.

Thanks for all the feedback! I know some people don't like putting their neck out there to discuss, so the poll is a nice way to get anonymous information.
Little early to call it, isn’t it? Deontae?

Sometimes Michelle is spelled Michelle and other times it's spelled Michele and in other cultures they might write it as Mychelle, phonetically speaking, I have no clue what I'm talking about. :lol:

I'd be a little surprised if the Bengals were done adding to the RB room.

At the moment I'd say Moss, because he's actually done stuff in the NFL.

Sometimes Michelle is spelled Michelle and other times it's spelled Michele and in other cultures they might write it as Mychelle, phonetically speaking, I have no clue what I'm talking about. :lol:
I’m pretty sure D’onta isn’t spelled other ways, but I could be wrong.

I’m pretty sure D’onta isn’t spelled other ways, but I could be wrong.

Isn't it pronounced DEE-ONTAY? Even if you spell it D'onta isn't it pronounced the same as Deontae? Surely his name isn't DON-TAY, right? Or is it just a different spelling for Dante? We should do a poll about it.

While acting as lead RB in JT’s absence from weeks 2-6 of 2023, Zack Moss led the NFL in rushing with 466 yards, along with two TDs, and led all running backs in scrimmage yards (576).

He could be really good as Cincy’s lead RB. I genuinely don’t understand why this poll is even close, never mind Brown in the lead.

While acting as lead RB in JT’s absence from weeks 2-6 of 2023, Zack Moss led the NFL in rushing with 466 yards, along with two TDs, and led all running backs in scrimmage yards (576).

He could be really good as Cincy’s lead RB. I genuinely don’t understand why this poll is even close, never mind Brown in the lead.

I'm in this ballpark too. In the 5 weeks where Zack Moss was starter before Jonathan Taylor took over completely, here was Zack Moss' fantasy production by game:

Week 1: Injured, broken arm.
Week 2: 18.7 points
Week 3: 21.5 points
Week 4: 9 points
Week 5: 32.5 points
Week 6: 14.9 points

An average of 19.32 fantasy points per game when he was starter, no clue why people are pretending like he never did this. Normally people would be hyped about a guy who averaged 19.32 points per game last time he was starter, but hey, people like the shiny new toy sometimes. I know people perceive Brown to have the higher upside, but we literally saw Moss average 19.32 points per game as a starter last year which is RB1 production. For comparison, here were the PPG averages of the Top 5 RB last year:

Christian McCaffrey: 19.31 PPG
Austin Ekeler: 18.64 PPG
Bijan Robinson: 13.94 PPG
Derrick Henry: 13.5 PPG
Saquon Barkley: 16.35 PPG

He was literally Christian McCaffrey for that 5 game stretch.

"Maybe" Brown could average 19.32 points a game for a 5 game stretch, but we "know" that Moss can. Call me old fashioned but I'll take the known commodity over the 5th Round Pick with perceived upside. For all I know Chase Brown could be a stud, but based on the numbers I know this poll is a good example of why at times Democracy is not great, lol.

:shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread