What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Resumes - Do you have one ready? (1 Viewer)

ragincajun

Footballguy
Well do you?  Yeah you?  I am putting mine through the grinder right now trying to streamline it.  I keep an excel file with achievements etc over the years, because you won't remember when you hit your sales quota for baked beans back in Q3 of 94.

Any pro tips or sites for Resume excellence?

Well do you?  Yeah you?  I am putting mine through the grinder right now trying to streamline it.  I keep an excel file with achievements etc over the years, because you won't remember when you hit your sales quota for baked beans back in Q3 of 94.

No I don't. I'm a walking resume. 

I would say less is more, list actual accomplishments, skills and experience. 

I make one of the best resumes you will ever see put to paper or pdf.

Never had anyone not get an interview using one. And most of the time during these interviews the applicants are asked directly about the resume.

A: yes.

Any pro tips... The resumes will start to blend together for the reader after the first 10 or so.  Make yours stand out in a unique professional way that they have no option but to remember you and your resume. Most people who know how to make a proper resume will certainly have qualifications and significant data points to show.  At that point you want to take a step-above. The reader/interviewer will actually be appreciative of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.  It talks about my typing skills and shorthand.  Also, I mention that I am pretty good with the mimeograph - though I got fired once for inhaling too deeply.  

I keep reading this as asking if you have the Ramones as a resume. Ramones? Do you have one ready? 

I can't say I do.  

I do now... after working for a lot longer than I care to admit, my original one had grown mighty stale. In fact the resume was so old that resumes themselves had changed, the whole job searching thing is different now then it was when I first got my gig. It wasn't so much what I did had to change it was how I had to describe it. The effort into changing it paid off as I was able to land a new gig in a reasonably short period of time. I am planning on keeping this one up to date, as my mental expectation will be to be back job hunting every three years until I retire.

Hints: SOAR statements are the new thing.

I do, but only because I was asked for one and offered a job a few years back. It’s still probably 99% accurate. I’m not actively looking and no desire to switch, so it hasn’t been a priority.  I’ve realized telecommuting with bosses that don’t micromanage and a nice compensation package is all I’ve ever wanted.

Honestly my biggest issue is when I do the annual boss chat and they ask what my goals are and where I want to be, I have to figure out what to say other than “uhhh I just want to keep doing this.” 

Not completely up to date but I have the job description from my current role that I could copy / paste and update within 5 minutes 

I have been a professional resume writer for 25 years. PM me and I will send you my email address so you can send me what you have. Pretty much the only way to tell if it is good or not is to see it / read it.

The COC achievements must be pretty thin.  ;)

I have been a professional resume writer for 25 years. PM me and I will send you my email address so you can send me what you have. Pretty much the only way to tell if it is good or not is to see it / read it.
We really do have just about everything here in the FFA.  :thumbup:  

Not really.  Most folks just ask for my LinkedIn which is always up to date and if a proper resume is needed just export the info into a template.  

Not really.  Most folks just ask for my LinkedIn which is always up to date and if a proper resume is needed just export the info into a template.  
There are things that belong in resumes that should never be on LinkedIn profiles (and vice versa), so sure you can use your LinkedIn to apply but that is typically a sub-optimal solution.

Of course. Not always updated but always readily available (to be updated quickly).

What cologne do you guys use on your resume?

I've always found a dab of Drakkar works wonders with HR.

I may be in need of assistance soon. Are you willing to help others as well?

I may be in need of assistance soon. Are you willing to help others as well?
I will give a general assessment of what someone has (what's good, what's not so good, a basic summation of what's missing) for free. Beyond that, I don't fix things for free. People can feel free to PM me.

Of course. Not always updated but always readily available (to be updated quickly).

What cologne do you guys use on your resume?

I've always found a dab of Drakkar works wonders with HR.
I like Drakkar as much as the next guy, but how does one email Drakkar?

I like Drakkar as much as the next guy, but how does one email Drakkar?
Yeah, doesn't really work via email.

I'm old school though. I send a physical copy in as well.  This way too I can incorporate glitter on my resume (along with other pieces of flair) to really make my case for the job.

Nope, I plan on retiring in 5 years when I turn 53 and then getting some fun, part-time job to fill my time for a couple years until my wife can then retire. 

Users who are viewing this thread